The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday August 20th, 2023

richwmn

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors.

World Mosquito Day. I think that day was discovered in Florida. I call some of our mosquitos 747’s. Ok, How do you get rid of mosquitos? You call the SWAT team.

National Honey Bee Day. What do honey bees chew? Bumble gum.

• Like 11
  • Haha 17

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Yay for the honey bees!  I listen to the radio every day; I like it as background and for the hourly news.  Mosquitos - interestingly enough we had so few in our yard this year.  DH said he only had 1 bite, and I might have had one, but it could have been a no-see-um.  I know parents in the city were complaining about the swarms of mosquitos as they were watching soccer games, but we seemed to be free of them for some reason.

As I walked out onto the deck to turn on the fountain this morning, the first thing I thought of was "And suddenly it was fall."  We've got a temperature right now of +6C (42), but it should get up to +22; I can see the trees along the river are already starting to lose their green and take on colour.  It's always a sad thing to see the season change so quickly, as our summers are so short.  I won't be putting away the t-shirts and capris just yet though, because we could still see some much warmer weather before the cold really settles in.

Not a lot happening here today, but I have a blanket that needs finishing, so will be working on that.  I also have some cloth gift bags to make for a charity group for folks in need, so I can get my sewing machine working again as well.

I saw this and thought my Daily friends might get a smile from it :

CoffeeReplacement.thumb.jpg.10635a6615156fd0daaca8b45c7cdf94.jpg

I like the drink of the day (love sangria!), pretty sure I'd like the wine, and really like today's menu suggestion.  I don't have any shrimp in the house, but know the small bags are on sale at a local grocery, so will head out later this morning to pick some up.  I love fast and easy dinners and this one looks like a winner to me.  It's looking like we'll be enjoying creamy Tuscan shrimp with a side salad and crusty buns on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone in need, especially those who have been impacted by wildfires in Canada and the U.S., and for those in the path of the hurricane/tropical storm.  Cheer to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 32
  • Haha 2

Good morning from central Texas where it is 81F and feels like 84F.  It was warm but not to bad when I walked a little while ago since our humidity is 54% with a dew point of 63F.  I think I'm in for the day since our high will be 108F.  The grass will look a little shaggy for a couple of more days.  Tuesday is predicted to be cloudy and only 104F, so I plan to get out and tackle the yard early that morning.

I was sorry to see that England lost to Spain in the Women's World Cup Finals.

I will celebrate honey bees, which love the Silverado Sage when it blooms.  Sadly, with our drought, they have not bloomed much this summer even will watering.  I'll also celebrate radio day.  We used to listen to "Tradio" when we traveled, and enjoyed the messages people sent by radio when traveling in Alaska.  I'll not celebrate mosquitoes, which are the unofficial state bird of Alaska.  Like everything else they grow really big up there.

Another interesting quote today, which I'll have to think about some more.

The meal looks good, but I think I'll stick with the grilled garlic shrimp from a few weeks ago.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We have visited Bonaire once in 2000 on P&O Oriana world cruise.

Another good day in history.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad the visit with the neighbor went well, and that Ivan enjoyed his time there.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm glad you are feeling better today.

@cruising sister  Safe travels today, Lorraine.  Enjoy your spa retreat.

@rafinmd  Roy, like the others, my first thought was you know it works.

@smitty34877  Terry, when DH was stationed in Dover, NJ, at Picatinny Arsenal we used to listen to the NYC radio stations, especially to Cousin Brucie on WABC.  We now sometimes catch his show on Sirius 60s Gold channel.

I hope all the Dailyites and others in the path of the storm are prepared and are safe.  I was glad to read @Nickelpenny Penny's posts last night about watching the news and reports before deciding on whether or not to head to Huntington Beach.

347601929_664418635725251_7115381803448577705_n.jpg.272737fd0456987635749c6ced0847a7.jpg

350111428_806258607595291_2129357812364492010_n.thumb.jpg.f90d760c28afe06944e2c5eb87a79585.jpg

353067158_1680648209043134_5420250772747316990_n.thumb.jpg.4b6a284153764932e774f774f58e0b81.jpg

353397150_817014693319726_3355002246630703857_n.thumb.jpg.4c884b81658b3aa7cabdd337100e5140.jpg

354254661_656046756555950_7954740528277879212_n.jpg.b76d17324ac4f8f9ac89b1543d499e3e.jpg

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Haha 21

We have been to Bonaire once in 2000 on the P&O Oriana world cruise.  At that time, only DH had a digital camera, and took a few pictures.  We rented a car and drove around the island, then walked around town.  All the pictures are from our drive.

These were some of the former slave cottages in 2000 before any were restored.

P1170101.thumb.JPG.71e14563eccfbb2b6e21e6a245d08c16.JPG

Other pictures from our drive.

P1170102.thumb.JPG.b97aeb00b0c6fe5e1c30181d390bdb80.JPG

P1170104.thumb.JPG.10ee5aafa1474a3be3681f9930d07241.JPG

P1170105.thumb.JPG.9ac809bca90016398808266042d0a09d.JPG

P1170106.thumb.JPG.ae467258078686a3a2e5e0ece46f348f.JPG

P1170107.thumb.JPG.815b5b5d7cdde72da4fc90d22d8bb902.JPG

Finally, in 2000 on the Rotterdam Panama Canal cruise, we completed seeing the ABC Islands with two visits to Curacao.

Lenda

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Good Sunday morning Dailyites. 

Thank you Graham for Father's message, and sorry the UK lost.

Sandi take care of that cold. I hope you are feeling better. Good thoughts for Ren.

Prayers for all on our Daily team. Also @DeeniEncinitas and David.

We will be going round and round for 51 days this year and will be covering many of the Carribean islands. We were in Bonaire several times the last few holidays. 

Mosquitos have a day?? Jeez. Those little suckers eat me alive. If there is one mosquito on the patio it is coming for me.

image.png.f4fe8f2f207b3cf94a1b85c98dfff87f.png

I enjoy asking Alexa for a certain sound track in the morning.  I keep it on very softly til Allen wakes. 

Oliver pulled the kitchen towel down and headed outside with it. Also found a coaster gnawed on in his bed. He has tons of toys he pulls out of his toy box and scatters around the house. He's a good boy though and very busy!

0813231131a2.thumb.jpg.d204bcf57ba4a313a52a1f8150429034.jpg

Wishing everyone a great week.  Know you are loved.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

I am at the airport waiting to board the plane for my spa retreat. I will be unplugged for the most part.

Safe travels!

Have a wonderful time at your retreat 🙂 

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Spain defeats Great Britain to win the Women's World Cup!

I wish Jose was alive to see the game.  He would be ecstatic 😔 

@rafinmd LOL at your medical advice being tested before you even get it 😂 

• Like 24
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Thanks Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.  Your map shows me exactly where Zaandam is this morning.  It's another foggy morning and you can hear the foghorn sounding regularly.  I hope the weather tomorrow is nice in Halifax.  Weather app says it will be 73 and cloudy but maybe we can coax the sun out. 

Yesterday wasn't a great day for me.  We went out in the damp to ride the bus to town in St. Pierre & Miquelon.  We stayed only a short time and headed back to the ship.  At lunch time we went to the Lido for a bite to eat, but I didn't feel like eating much.  At 2 pm I went to the shore excursion person checking in our excursion and told her I didn't feel up to going on a tour.  The wind was blowing about 20 to 25 mph and it was raining on and off.  So we skipped that.  Then at dinner time I got dressed and then told DH I didn't want to go eat at Caneletto.  He said I agree with that 100% so we cancelled our dinner plans too.  He went to the Sports Bar for a martini and then to Lido for an interesting meal.  I believe it was Indonesian.  I didn't eat dinner.  I put a card out for breakfast by room service this morning in case I still didn't have the get up and go to head out for breakfast but I feel so much better this morning.  I still ate the room service meal.  The milk was barely cool and the OJ tastes watery but I am still grateful for their service.😉

I will celebrate honey bees and radios but I refuse to acknowledge any benefit to mosquitoes!  The food drink and wine sound perfectly fine but I will pass on all of them.  Wow, what an amazing sight Alaska must have been in 1741 to the explorers who first found it.  Thanks to Tina, Dixie, and Ann for their reports today.  Also I want to say prayers for our Care list and hope for more good news on that front.  Be safe out there in California!  Three cheers for the Celebration list folks and thank you Vanessa for your work keeping the lists updated.

Well the FC Dallas team seems to have no get up and go either because they lost 3 to 2.  DS says the nearly 8000 feet elevation is no joke and that Ren complained of his head hurting.  But his Dad says he's playing well and hopes he will be moving up in the ranks playing with better players as time goes on.  Some of the '06 players are not real team players and passing to other teammates to make a goal does not seem to be their first priority.  We are thinking Ren is going to have to start taking a shot each time he has the ball because they don't pass to him that much, and don't seem to be able to anticipate when Ren is going to pass to them.  Anyway, DS sent a clip of Ren being interviewed by sports reporters and he sounded great and very knowledgeable.  He's all grown up at 16! ❤️ One of the Dallas team members was taken off the field with a concussion protocol after he and another player hit head to head.  Prayers that boy is doing okay today!

Kralendijk, Bonaire is a wonderful port of call to visit!  We have enjoyed sharing photos here for Kralendijk 3 times before - July 17, 2021, Nov. 8, 2022, and April 18, 2023.  Here are the links to today's port and my photos below them.

We were in Kralendijk the first time in 2006 on Crown Princess.  Our daughter had had a difficult year having just gone through a divorce and having three youngsters, so DH and I took her on her first cruise.  It began in San Juan and was a Southern Caribbean cruise.  Our second time there was on Westerdam in 2016 and we went drift snorkeling for the first time.  

From our second trip as we loaded onto the catamaran for our drift snorkeling excursion (private CC tour).00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJlxJ9ivgyJrpM4uPaWeE96?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We headed to Klein Bonaire to this area to begin snorkeling.  The current was strong and it wasn't easy to stay with our guide, so quite of lot of energy expended that day!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqkyZnGYqlARCNQNY7972i?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKaWiZBZYpic6tVIAtWJXI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJMYrBypNkcEM7DJYefnoir?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We did this tour on a lark and didn't even have an underwater camera, but I can assure you we saw some amazing sights.  The fish, the coral and underwater plants, and even the huge sea turtles.  Loved it!

After the snorkeling we walked through the town and checked out the people selling their hand made items like jewelry.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI61AlOa-8gKgWmytBZUapV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaVgt3P4RIll4DWKWrSoRI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

It's a great stop on a Caribbean cruise.

A couple photos from our 2006 Bonaire visit with DD.  It seems we were enjoying ourselves so much we took more photos of the three of us than photos of the islands visited.  Here are a couple of my favorite photos taken that trip.

View from the ship of the lovely water and colorful town of Kralendijk.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIW9oT1Dfyu30XofcT3ak2t?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

DD and myself00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqdNog7owPzqsenAvShMpN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

DH says the towel animals are on parade in the pool deck area so we are going up there to take photos.  It will give the room steward time to do our room.  Bye!

Lovely photos Sandi especially of yourself and your daughter.

Sorry to hear you were unwell yesterday but pleased to hear you are feeling a lot better today.

Our Ladies lost 1-0 in the World cup final.

Spain definitely deserved to win but it was sad to see them time wasting, feigning injury to get play stopped and for deliberately getting an England player booked by dramatics when the Spain player hadn't been fouled.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. Thanks for the FR/Daily @richwmn.

Honey bees are important for our ecology, and I hope they're making a comeback. More people are bee keeping too; I brought back a jar of honey from my friend in Germany. I mainly listen to the radio in the car, but will put it on through Alexa while cleaning. Mosquitos like me too much; and I worry since ones carrying West Nile have been found around here. Deep quote. I like the meal, maybe on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Bonaire. An important day in history.

It's 67F and sunny right now after a start at 58F, but going to be getting more humid, plus there's an air quality alert. Yesterday I managed to get all the front shrubs trimmed. I had felt better in the morning after taking Ibuprofen, so decided to go for it. But as I was working, I had to sit frequently due to my back hurting. I thought maybe I couldn't finish, but I did. I took an extra dose of NSAID and made it through. Today I may tackle the back shrubs, but it's much less work.

I hope all in the path of storms or wildfires stay safe!

@kazu I'm glad you and Ivan had a good visit yesterday. 

@StLouisCruisers Good news that you're feeling better today. I'm sure it's somewhat frustrating for Ren that the team is playing the way they are. I hope the player taken off the field is ok. Thanks for the photos from Kralendijk. Your DD is your mini-me!

@cruising sister Safe travels and enjoy your relaxation time at your spa retreat. Continued prayers for Baby Murphy.

@rafinmd Oh my on that phone call. I too thought, at least you know the device works!

@0106 Thanks for the recipes. 

@GTVCRUISER Stay safe!

@Quartzsite Cruiser Growing up in NJ, even though my little town had it's own radio station, I listened to NYC stations for current music and always to Cousin Brucie! Thanks for the photos from Bonaire.

@Seasick Sailor Oliver giving that "who me" look! He's so cute.

@grapau27 Sorry to hear the Lionesses lost.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those with something to Celebrate.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Greetings, everyone!

It is a nice, lazy sea day here on the Zaandam.  We have lunch in the Pinnacle Grill one last time as the cruise winds down.  

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, sorry you felt so bad yesterday.  You were smart to stay in and skip the excursion.  Glad you’re feeling better today.

IMG_2902.thumb.jpeg.8411bb59f422590b38911097937635d8.jpeg

I couldn’t resist a nature photo.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, MisterMatthew said:

I woke up today.

Ate cereal.

And, now, headed out to do Uber.  I know it will be rainy and windy.  But here in LV, people need to get to the airport.

---MisterMatthew

Welcome Mister Matthew!

• Like 17

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  The computer says it's 77 and sunny.  It's sunny, but feels warmer than 77.  And temps are to be climbing all week.

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad that you are feeling better today.  I think that with all the go go go o a cruise, its nice to hit the stop button sometimes.  And sleep.  Which is what I did this morning, Got up at 9:15.  Unheard of!  Even the cats did not mess with me this morning.

@grapau27Thank you again for the youtube, I'm sorry that your team did not win, but I heard before the game, that it would be a first time for either team, and to me that makes it exciting, no matter what the outcome.

@Seasick SailorOliver is a scamp, but he is very cute.

@Quartzsite CruiserLoved your cartoons this morning, especially the cat one about walking 500 feet...  I too loved Cousin Bruce Morrow. 

@Nickelpenny I dont know what your decision ended up being about going to CA, but I hope unless it was to save the life of someone, you end up staying home until the storm is done.

I love bumble bees, and honey bees, and I even love the wood boring bees.  When I worked at the garden center, they would follow me around.  They don't sting, and I could hold a finger up and they would come to it and it was so neat to hear their wings .  I am unfortunately a breeder of mosquitos.  We have not had the pumps running in our ponds for the last two years.  Trying to find pumps these days has been hard, but, I used to work for a pond and fountain company, and ran into the owners at our favorite BBQ restaurant, they are still in business, but have moved, so i just need to get over to their new location.  They were horrible people to work for, but they had good products!  And I do mean horrible.

The recipe for the shrimp looks an sounds fantastic! @0106Even got DH's attention.  However we are having shrimp curry tonight, and will pick up the ingredients next week to make the creamy shrimp dish.  We did our grocery shopping last night, which should cover us for the week.  Im taking Wednesday off, DH is having the eye surgery, and he may need me to help him get around that day.  I was thinking earlier of taking Friday off and spending it with Penny, but DH comes first, and Penny is sick with a bad sore throat.  I dont need that....

I love the quote!  Sometimes I question in my life how I got to where I am, but the answer is by the Grace of God. When things look bad, I try to figure out what lesson I am being taught. 

DH is making me an omelet this morning.  Yum. Ham and swiss with onion.  Cant wait, til he is inspired to get moving!  LOL.

df893368ae75b4bdbaa33e51126434fc.jpg

21fc9e3173a6727c12244c523bc3bdc5--kliban-cat-pool-tables.jpg

f4aa7df76a95d999042c85948e818da9--worker-bee-bees-knees.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 14

3 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

I am at the airport waiting to board the plane for my spa retreat. I will be unplugged for the most part. There are only certain areas besides your room you can use your phone. I am looking forward to the journey. 

No new news on Murphy. Hopefully that means things are going well. I like todays quote. It seems to fit my life. 

I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Have a great week. 

I hope you enjoy your time in Tucson!!  It will be a little cooler than it has been.  IMHO, beautiful!!

• Like 18

54 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good Sunday morning Dailyites. 

Thank you Graham for Father's message, and sorry the UK lost.

Sandi take care of that cold. I hope you are feeling better. Good thoughts for Ren.

Prayers for all on our Daily team. Also @DeeniEncinitas and David.

We will be going round and round for 51 days this year and will be covering many of the Carribean islands. We were in Bonaire several times the last few holidays. 

Mosquitos have a day?? Jeez. Those little suckers eat me alive. If there is one mosquito on the patio it is coming for me.

image.png.f4fe8f2f207b3cf94a1b85c98dfff87f.png

I enjoy asking Alexa for a certain sound track in the morning.  I keep it on very softly til Allen wakes. 

Oliver pulled the kitchen towel down and headed outside with it. Also found a coaster gnawed on in his bed. He has tons of toys he pulls out of his toy box and scatters around the house. He's a good boy though and very busy!

0813231131a2.thumb.jpg.d204bcf57ba4a313a52a1f8150429034.jpg

Wishing everyone a great week.  Know you are loved.

He is so darn cute. Reminds me of my Snowy dog....a maltese. She was a little thief at times too.

• Like 18

Good Morning to All!  Thanks for the daily and fleet report!  I will celebrate honey bees and radios but curse mosquitos!!  If they are a mile away, they will find me.  Up in AK when I had an assignment in Bethel, there were HUNDREDS flying around.  I had heard that taking B-complex vitamins for a month or so before going would help.  Something about you smell different and the mosquitos don't like it.  So I did just that and it seemed to work.  I didn't get as bit as I normally would.

I will ponder the quote, the meal sounds yummy and even though I love sangria - not peach.  Wine sounds good and never been to Bonaire.  What a sight AK must have been way back then.

Keeping an eye on the weather situation.  It may get decided for me if the roads close.  I have close to 18 hours before it is decision time.  I won't put myself in danger so let's see how the day progresses.  The reports of heavy rain seems to be around mid-day Sunday into night.  That is good news for me BUT we know how the weather goes.  Thanks for everyone's concern.  Don't worry; I won't be stupid!!

Enjoying the cooler weather here though humidity is still up.  Partly cloudy and wonderful!!

Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

We had a wonderful church service along with inspiring sermon.
Will be headed for Base Exchange later for some items and then will probably watch NASCAR race from Watkins Glen. It’s already 87 degrees and will be another mid nineties day.

For those of you in the path of Hillary’s I hope you remain safe. That terrain does not soak up rain well so there is the danger of flooding and landslides. Stay safe.

Bonaire has to be one of my most memorable places to snorkel. Just beautiful coral formations and abundance of colorful fish.

I have caught up on my habitual reading of the Daily. Thanks Rich and to all who contribute to my Daily addiction! Bruce

• Like 24

48 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Keeping an eye on the weather situation.  It may get decided for me if the roads close.  I have close to 18 hours before it is decision time.  I won't put myself in danger so let's see how the day progresses.  The reports of heavy rain seems to be around mid-day Sunday into night.  That is good news for me BUT we know how the weather goes.  Thanks for everyone's concern.  Don't worry; I won't be stupid!!

Enjoying the cooler weather here though humidity is still up.  Partly cloudy and wonderful!!

Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!!

Keep in mind that Huntington Beach and much of Orange County is at the “distal” end of drainage. And there are many older area that just don’t have drainage, especially when so much is coming from upstream.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Bonaire is part of the Lesser  ( Leeward ) Antilles and has now a special status as a  municipality within the Kingdom of the Netherlands . Population of about 21.000 and the capital city is Kralendijk.

We have had the pleasure to go there a couple of times on one of the BHB’s and the last time was on Jan 19th 2018 while on the Koningsdam than with our good friends Ann and Pat and cruise friends from the Netherlands .

DSCN6238.thumb.JPG.72e0771ee006888daf8aa02a9ac8f93b.JPG

145233819_DSCN62042.thumb.JPG.bba34b8865c2f1509d84901c5b55da0e.JPG

DSCN6206.thumb.JPG.37acc8769522dc46b7d863f82ff680e5.JPG

DSCN6220.thumb.JPG.0e60d737a026bdc754984e96701d5056.JPG

DSCN6221.thumb.JPG.73f8ac7c4d5852771d0071b16090b391.JPG

DSCN6223.thumb.JPG.8d3a9c119780eec5f95a689a5e42e3cb.JPG

DSCN6225.thumb.jpg.a1abc9e62a7f243624d7572fb67670ed.jpg

Don’t know about that one ……….. but I will give it to you ……...

DSCN6231.thumb.JPG.88ee5533371c7f3c7944d59d3cf4e84e.JPG

DSCN6229.thumb.jpg.a5a4dc2c35a7ca81b840e88c49b0deb1.jpg

DSCN6232.thumb.JPG.dc551743b1e21642f6da8e788a76bee5.JPG

There are lots of wild donkeys on the island 

1784270167_DSCN62332.thumb.JPG.b0a4f82faf54795444c6db568d03e3cf.JPG

DSCN6237.thumb.JPG.b155a19979b2f1602e324dd54ef93f53.JPG

A toast to a very nice day at the Librije Dinner that evening . We sure missed you Ann @VictOriann !

DSCN6254.thumb.JPG.09988e578163481d88cd42c20cd56b61.JPG

Appetizer from the menu  “Oysters on the Beach ! “ 

DSCN6244.thumb.JPG.c823785fce42848b40abb80604f5963c.JPG

And a very, very different  "Dutch " Apple tart …..

DSCN6262.thumb.JPG.80ea267cd84c93a4ece6c4b95c297a80.JPG

The ABC Islands are a great escape from winter destination with almost steady temperatures of 28 degrees  C with a nice breeze but no huge storms . 

Also Bonaire is one of the nicest destinations in the world to go diving in heavily protected waters ! 

Dear SIL and Grandson diving near the Salt pier  

GOPR7131.thumb.jpg.28a673441b6c83b2fbb1da381b08b310.jpg

GOPR7124.thumb.jpg.14481beba5f346da71a2cf6ebce1f1b9.jpg

GOPR7105.thumb.jpg.209cfed2cb32d0377497e79bde8eeba2.jpg

How do they do that , I can't even float ......... I was only able to do that in the Dead Sea !

Tony 😄
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Good morning all!

I will celebrate honey bees but from a distance (allergic to all kinds of bee stings), and the radio, but never, never will celebrate mosquitos.  Like others, if there's one around it will bite me and I swell up for days and days. This year they didn't seem as bad, and I think it's because so many of the pesky Cottonwood trees were taken down behind our house so we get more sun in there.

Interesting quote, the drink sounds great, will pass on the red wine and creamy sauce with the shrimp.  Heavy cream doesn't usually agree with me.  I don't think we've been to Bonaire.  

Tonight we're having left overs from our fabulous spread yesterday at DS and DDIL's.  Everyone had a wonderful time!  And there was so much food there was plenty for everyone to take some home too.  The weather was perfect, not too hot but warm enough with a slight breeze to eat out on their expanded deck and be very comfortable.  I was able to see and visit with our niece Jeannine who has had the recurrence of MS.  She's doing "ok" and will be seeing her doctor on Tuesday to make the decision about which medication she will start.  She never complains so it's hard to tell how she's really doing.

We did smell smoke in the air but not until the drive home from their house.  I know we have fires in eastern WA so it's hard to tell if this smoke was coming from there or Canada -- maybe both.

Lorraine @cruising sister Enjoy your retreat!

• Like 24

This photo was no longer available to copy and paste from our previous day’s links but with some little tricks I found a way to retrieve it from my Shutterfly app. This was taken on the 2006 cruise with DD. That’s Water Island in the background. 

image.thumb.png.f498b6b6e2dd0567962b961d7a34bd44.png

Dixie @summer slope I will tell Ren to try the Gatorade for altitude sickness. Sorry about your Women’s soccer team Graham @grapau27  Much better luck next time. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

This photo was no longer available to copy and paste from our previous day’s links but with some little tricks I found a way to retrieve it from my Shutterfly app. This was taken on the 2006 cruise with DD. That’s Water Island in the background. 

image.thumb.png.f498b6b6e2dd0567962b961d7a34bd44.png

Dixie @summer slope I will tell Ren to try the Gatorade for altitude sickness. Sorry about your Women’s soccer team Graham @grapau27  Much better luck next time. 

Beautiful family photo Sandi.

Spain were the most dangerous team on the day.

Their playacting feigning injuries to waste time and get an England player booked plus complaining to get a penalty was distasteful and more like the worst aspects of some men's football team's but they did deserve to win nonetheless.

• Like 11

Good Sunday morning, 

We're having a cooler day today which is nice. However it's quite smokey at the moment. We also have a fairly decent breeze which is keeping things pleasant. I'm getting cookies made. Yesterday was chocolate snickerdoodles and today is a walnut cookie. 

I have family (cousins) up in Chase, BC, on evacuation alert since Friday evening due to wildfires. My 94 year old aunt has been safely evacuated to her daughter's house. My cousin's have their motorhome packed as well as their car, as do their adult children, and will head into Kamloops to a family member's home if they have to evacuate. They also have a cabin in the path of the fire but the latest news is that it is safe. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers please. 

2 weeks today I head out on the Westerdam. I have my lists going and am looking forward to a change. 

Enjoy your Sunday and stay safe!

Karen

• Like 24