Flying to London on Friday, 8/25 Sailing Dawn on Sunday 8/27

Lois R

We were in the small town of Lochniver and walked around and they had some nice shops too. It is right on the water and all of a sudden the wind chill felt like it dropped 20 degrees! 

We had 2 additional photo stops and got back to the ship about 4:30.

Also just found out tomorrow's stop is not happening due to upcoming weather conditions. We were supposed to go to Scrabster, Scotland  but the Capt just made a long announcement about it. Will let you about the new stop.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2023 at 3:56 PM, Lois R said:

And on the way back we drove through a beachy resort area called Salt Hill. Looks so cute and compact and easily walkable. I  never do land trips anymore but could see myself staying here for few nights. It was lovely.

Oh, it was Canamara.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

We were in the small town of Lochniver and walked around and they had some nice shops too. It is right on the water and all of a sudden the wind chill felt like it dropped 20 degrees!   We had 2 additional photo stops and got back to the ship about 4:30.  Also just found out tomorrow's stop is not happening due to upcoming weather conditions. We were supposed to go to Scrabster, Scotland  but the Capt just made a long announcement about it. Will let you about the new stop.

Did you find the Loch Ness Monster during your visit there?  Love to see your pictures of that creature!!  Good luck with your replacement stop for tomorrow.  

image.thumb.png.2cd4c7055578b9cff2562f5ffb5b179c.png

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi again, had a good day in Scotland with blue skies and mid Temps. We had a good guide as well.

20230904_154631.jpg

20230904_154034.jpg

Did you hike up Knockan Crag to the Moine Thrust?  It isn't a difficult trail, but it was made much worse the day we did it because the continuous light rain brought out the infamous Scottish midges.  This is where it was first proved that Thrust Faults result in younger rocks lying on top of older ones – and that discovery was the basis of Plate Tectonics, so it's a really big deal to geologists.  Our guide had us spread our fingers out to span across two rocks and told us we were holding 500 million years!

Well, I know I have to post the negatives as well as the positives so this morning I go to the buffet for breakfast and order from the waitress 2 poached eggs soft on dark break, toasted well done. First, they forget me(I sat for a long time). Then I had to ask them to check on it and finally it comes..........totally wrong. The eggs came hard.....as in hard boiled! I didn't wait to have them re make them. So here I am in the Arts Cafe having a smoked salmon and   cream cheese pannini and a latte. And one of the Maitr'ds from the buffet just came over to apologize. So there was that.

• Thanks 1

Hi from Stornaway, Scotland. This is replacing the original stop of Scrabster.

They have tenders running all say long. I went into town for about 3 hours. There are shops, restaurants, etc. And also a castle and museum. It was pretty interesting really. I will post some photos.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi from Stornaway, Scotland. This is replacing the original stop of Scrabster.

They have tenders running all say long. I went into town for about 3 hours. There are shops, restaurants, etc. And also a castle and museum. It was pretty interesting really. I will post some photos.

Great!!  Look forward to seeing the visuals.  Hope the weather continues to be cooperating well.  

23 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

Did you find the Loch Ness Monster during your visit there?  Love to see your pictures of that creature!!  Good luck with your replacement stop for tomorrow.  

image.thumb.png.2cd4c7055578b9cff2562f5ffb5b179c.png

Hi Terry, nope,didn't see any monsters.

• Haha 1

Good morning from The Sea on the way to Skagen, Denmark. 

Had dinner last night with 2 other solo gals in Atlantide. It was excellent. Had some Mahi with a sort of miso/teriyaki glaze. No dessert because they had a big chocolate buffet in Dolce Vita. Actually, I didn't eat anything there but decided to try a drink which was pretty good🙂 a mixture of Cointreau, Amarullo, and cream de cacao blended up. Served in both, mini martini glasses and shot glasses. It tasted good to me.

Today looks very cloudy with no sun at all. This afternoon I am going on a bridge tour. Should be fun😀Oh, they did serve chocolate martinis as well.

Sorry you have lost the sunshine, Lois.  Your cocktail sounds like a killer!

I think tomorrow may be your last day?   Don't know anything about Skagen, except that they (or used to) make rather classic watches,   presumably in the town.   I have one on right now, very simple and easy to read, and IMO looks classy, though not exactly Cartier or Rolex of course.

Lola

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Sorry you have lost the sunshine, Lois.  Your cocktail sounds like a killer!

I think tomorrow may be your last day?   Don't know anything about Skagen, except that they (or used to) make rather classic watches,   presumably in the town.   I have one on right now, very simple and easy to read, and IMO looks classy, though not exactly Cartier or Rolex of course.

Lola

Hi  Lola, yes we have one more day. I am staying in Copenhagen one extra day so I fly home Saturday.

And, yes Skagen makes a good timepiece.

7 minutes ago, lincslady said:

It seems to have gone by too quickly!  There are some lovely restaurants in Copenhagen, so enjoy your last night, and safe trouble free journey home.

Lola

Thank you🙂