I see no Vines on Sun Princess

Pstcrik

11 minutes ago, Pstcrik said:

Has anyone looked for Vines on Deck Plans for Sun Princess, or is it hidden in one of the area's that are not named yet ??

No Vines.   Princess stopped including Vines on their ships after Sky Princess - the last two ships built (Enchanted and Discovery) haven't included Vines. They have O'Malley's and Salty Dog Gastropub respectively in the same space.  O'Malley's does feature on Sun Princess.

Edited by dides

4 minutes ago, dides said:

No Vines.   Princess stopped including Vines on their ships after Sky Princess - the last two ships built (Enchanted and Discovery) haven't included Vines. They have O'Malley's and Salty Dog Gastropub respectively in the same space.  O'Malley's does feature on Sun Princess.

Bummer ... but somehow we will find a nice cab and chard on SUN P within the Premier Package I hope

but will really miss sitting in Vines and that atmosphere ...

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Bummer ... but somehow we will find a nice cab and chard on SUN P within the Premier Package I hope

but will really miss sitting in Vines and that atmosphere ...

Are you on the 5 day- Oct.14/24?

• Like 2

On 9/12/2023 at 1:43 PM, Pstcrik said:

Has anyone looked for Vines on Deck Plans for Sun Princess, or is it hidden in one of the area's that are not named yet ??

Really no point in them having Vines any more. Their wine selection (at least for white wine drinkers) is so poor, not sure why they need a wine bar.....

🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Really no point in them having Vines any more. Their wine selection (at least for white wine drinkers) is so poor, not sure why they need a wine bar.....

🤷‍♀️

Vines is one of our favorite venues.  We sorely missed Vines on the Discovery Princess and will miss it in November on the Enchanted Princess.  😥

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Vines is one of our favorite venues.  We sorely missed Vines on the Discovery Princess and will miss it in November on the Enchanted Princess.  😥

We're booked on Discovery for next April and were very disappointed to find that Vines was not on the ship. Who needs the Salty Dog Gastropub? Certainly not us. On the other hand, we are looking forward to checking out Take Five. (Obviously not as a Vines replacement.) Hopefully it won't disappoint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

🤷‍♀️

The last time my lovely assistant and I were on the Majestic we improved the situation. We brought back local wines from every port we made. Staff in vines were kind enough to hold unfinished bottles for us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Vines has always been one of our very favorite places and we have spent many an hour sipping and chatting with old and new friends.  We also are disappointed that there is no Vines on Enchanted for our November TA but as we have done on other ships with no Vines we will find one of the many bars on board that will be a adequate substitute and adapt.  I'm sure the wine won't taste any differently 🙂

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

LACruiser88, where did you find good wine on the Discovery? We enjoy vines too and it was our pre dinner wine stop nightly on the Regal.

2 minutes ago, ghgeckos said:

LACruiser88, where did you find good wine on the Discovery? We enjoy vines too and it was our pre dinner wine stop nightly on the Regal.

Surprisingly, we found that the Salty Dog Gastropub had a decent selection of red wine by the glass. Unfortunately, their bar only had 6 bar stools and was not easy grabbing one. 

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

We're booked on Discovery for next April and were very disappointed to find that Vines was not on the ship. Who needs the Salty Dog Gastropub? Certainly not us. On the other hand, we are looking forward to checking out Take Five. (Obviously not as a Vines replacement.) Hopefully it won't disappoint.

You will be  very  happy  with  Take  five. We used Take  5  on Enchanted and had  some  very  unique drink options.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Absolutely agree with you LACruiser88!  We really missed it on our last Enchanted Princess cruise.  Like you, we spend every evening in Vines and wish it would be included on all of the Princess ships.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cruiser113 said:

You will be  very  happy  with  Take  five. We used Take  5  on Enchanted and had  some  very  unique drink options.

not what I am looking for Wine - Didn't Take 5 'replace' Crooner's on one ship? - Whatever, it was, 'didn't' do it for us, sorry

12 hours ago, c-boy said:

The last time my lovely assistant and I were on the Majestic we improved the situation. We brought back local wines from every port we made. Staff in vines were kind enough to hold unfinished bottles for us. 

Curious fact: Did you know that it's possible to change traveler's names up until 21 days prior to travel with no issues, especially if one is a travel agent? And Letty was just saying how she's never been to Australia.😂 Crack on 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Curious fact: Did you know that it's possible to change traveler's names up until 21 days prior to travel with no issues, especially if one is a travel agent? And Letty was just saying how she's never been to Australia.😂 Crack on 

Kramer Seinfeld GIF - Kramer Seinfeld Oh My God - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Thrak said:

I'll never forget former Princess honcho Jan Schwartz's interview reply as to what was her favorite space on a Princess ship: you guessed it - The Vines!! Inexplicably, after that, all the new ships eliminated the Vines from the plans. Sad, because it was really a terrific point of differentiation for the line and the only place to get a reasonably good glass of vino, properly served.

As for Take Six, we're jazz fans so we liked the venue and found the music there much to our liking. The problem with the space, as I recall, is the way it's set up. The musicians set up against the inner wall next to the bar, while the seating is across Main Street on the outside wall side. Main Street is the much trodden aisle that everyone uses to traverse from the theatre to the Piazza area. So if the band is on and the theatre lets out, it becomes a passing parade between the musicians and audience as it did each evening we were there.

• Like 1

Princess is touting the "Good Spirits At Sea" on Sun Princess as being a leveled up experience and the artist's rendering makes it look a bit more like Vines than the walk-up bar on earlier builds.  So my guess, (and it is just a guess) is that GSAS will be the closest thing to Vines that the Sphere Class ships will have, and perhaps, ...just perhaps...those venues will carry a selection of wines that other venues do not have.  

Princess Cruises Sun Princess Good Spirits At Sea.png

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

Princess is touting the "Good Spirits At Sea" on Sun Princess as being a leveled up experience and the artist's rendering makes it look a bit more like Vines than the walk-up bar on earlier builds.  So my guess, (and it is just a guess) is that GSAS will be the closest thing to Vines that the Sphere Class ships will have, and perhaps, ...just perhaps...those venues will carry a selection of wines that other venues do not have.  

Princess Cruises Sun Princess Good Spirits At Sea.png

I sure do hope they serve the premier level of wines and the atmosphere compliments the moment.  I loved vines but it really was not laid out that well with people from Intl cafe and just watching atrium activities crowed the venue.  Will look forward to change.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Thrak said:

We enjoyed Take 5 on the Sky Princess. Good music, interesting drinks (they actually made some right at your table), but it was crowded.