Are you excited for Aqua class Cruise only changes?

numnums

I'm interested to see how it will pan out, I usually don't need fancy drink packages so I would probably only get the cabin, NA drink pack, and maybe some wifi.

When the cruise only fare comes out for this cabin, will you be intrigued?

How would you think it compare to the other cabins? Vs Spa Passes? Treatment?

Once the changes roll out, I'll be keeping an eye out since I wanna try dining in the BLU at least once.

1 hour ago, neverlaysup said:

I am curious to see the new pricing. AQ gives the spa and BLU plus a nicer shower and other small amenities. For me that value is about $350 more than Concierge per week so I am waiting to see the new pricing.

I wasn't aware that AQ gives a nicer shower! I thought it was essentially the same as veranda/concierge rooms. Are the bathrooms slightly different then? I genuinely already find the inside room bathrooms more than sufficient, but that would be a pleasant surprise!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, numnums said:

I wasn't aware that AQ gives a nicer shower! I thought it was essentially the same as veranda/concierge rooms. Are the bathrooms slightly different then? I genuinely already find the inside room bathrooms more than sufficient, but that would be a pleasant surprise!

Think the bathrooms are the same with the exception of the shower...here is a pic I found online with an AQ shower, basically they have more jets.

CelAqu909-66256-1663068807.thumb.jpg.f0df06810d4cc32dfd98d3cf0890fb49.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OysterD said:

Think the bathrooms are the same with the exception of the shower...here is a pic I found online with an AQ shower, basically they have more jets.

CelAqu909-66256-1663068807.thumb.jpg.f0df06810d4cc32dfd98d3cf0890fb49.jpg

I believe they have removed the shower tower on ships that have been revolutionized.  I know it's true on Summit an Millennium, not sure about "S" class ships Equinox and Silhouette.

I will be very glad IF they charge less. We'll see what happens to the costs. Why do I think they won't come down commensurate with what they're taking away.  Or maybe they will for a week or two and then rapidly sneak back up to where they were. I would be thrilled to be wrong 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I believe they have removed the shower tower on ships that have been revolutionized.  I know it's true on Summit a Millennium, not sure about "S" class ships Equinox and Silhouette.

I think you are right about that.   It was another one of Kelly’s ideas.  I think the heated fog free mirror was also removed also.  Not sure about the foot stools that use to be on the S class 

If you read what is in AQ they added a yoga mat, and free exercise videos on the TV. 

Basically the only advantage to AQ is Blu and access to the Persian Garden. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I will be very glad IF they charge less. We'll see what happens to the costs. Why do I think they won't come down commensurate with what they're taking away.  Or maybe they will for a week or two and then rapidly sneak back up to where they were. I would be thrilled to be wrong 

if they don’t make it less, for me personally I couldn’t justify the costs. Concierge/veranda/AQ rooms itself don’t really have a difference, and for the concierge service it’s just a little more than the regular veranda, while usually an AQ is a massive jump+depends on the ship. 

I wonder if they allowed cruise only because AQ isn’t as successful or they have a goal in mind in increasing the book rate , (since I also read some quips about people with high status not booking AQ since they already have included benefits from CC), and the advertisement/incentive to try an AQ cabin isn’t good enough since as a newcomer you have no idea if you would like BLU? On top of the All inclusive package if you didn’t want that. So it feels like as someone who wants to try AQ but seeing these variables make it hard for new passengers to try it.

Wishful thinking indeed, I hope the first pricing for AQ rooms will be cheap so they can adjust over time. Or, if anyone would want to do the math of how much an AQ really is without the all included package.

Apologies for the ramble of my thoughts, but if we do get that one imaginary week of cheap AQ rooms , I will be snatching! 🤣

9 hours ago, numnums said:

If they would extend the "cruise only" to all cabins classes, I would really be intrigued.  😊  

• Like 6

10 hours ago, numnums said:

I'm interested to see how it will pan out, I usually don't need fancy drink packages so I would probably only get the cabin, NA drink pack, and maybe some wifi.

How would you think it compare to the other cabins? Vs Spa Passes? Treatment?

Once the changes roll out, I'll be keeping an eye out since I wanna try dining in the BLU at least once.

Very interesting news!  Is there a link to the announcement for more details?

X website still says "cruise only" not available for AQ.  

1 hour ago, PelicanLvr said:

Very interesting news!  Is there a link to the announcement for more details?

X website still says "cruise only" not available for AQ.  

It was announced to TA's a couple weeks ago with the new All Included minus gratuities changes.  The new policies go into effect with booking starting Oct 4 including cruise only rate being available for AQ.

sorry.. can't recall..

Does this "un-bundle" apply to other cabins like Concierge Class?

We just need a cabin and Classic Alc package.  Will that be doable ir shpukd we just book before 10/4 !

and take what us offered...

29 minutes ago, hcat said:

sorry.. can't recall..

Does this "un-bundle" apply to other cabins like Concierge Class?

We just need a cabin and Classic Alc package.  Will that be doable ir shpukd we just book before 10/4 !

and take what us offered...

9 times out of 10....the All Included rate with Tips, WIFI and Classic Alcohol is cheaper than cruise only and purchasing the alcohol package and paying for tips. You need to compare pricing if you intend on purchasing a drink package.

1 hour ago, neverlaysup said:

9 times out of 10....the All Included rate with Tips, WIFI and Classic Alcohol is cheaper than cruise only and purchasing the alcohol package and paying for tips. You need to compare pricing if you intend on purchasing a drink package.

we will need Classic alc.. but with All In we pay for internet we do NOT need