The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 20th, 2023

richwmn

Today is National Pepperoni Pizza Day, National Punch Day, and National Get Ready Day

What we play is life. - Louis Armstrong

Meal Suggestion for today - Creamy Garlic Shrimp
Drink of the Day - Banana Nana Daiquiri
Wine of the Day - LangeTwins 2012 Zinfandel
Destination of the Day - Goteborg, Gothenburg, Sweden

Today in History:
1990 Both East and West Germany ratify reunification
1973 Billie Jean King beats Bobby Riggs in battle-of-sexes tennis match
1519 Spanish expedition led by Portuguese navigator Ferdinand Magellan sets off on the 1st successful circumnavigation of the globe (Magellan killed on route)

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Sitka, Alaska 0800-1600

Koningsdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Nieuw Amsterdam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2100

Nieuw Statendam

Nafplion, Greece 0800-1700

Noordam

Kodiak, Alaska 1100-1900

Oosterdam

Giardini-Naxos, Sicily 1000-2300

Rotterdam

Stavanger, Norway 0800-1500

Volendam

Vancouver, Canada 0700-1600

Westerdam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 1400-1800

Zaandam

Charlottetown, PEI

Zuiderdam

Sydney, Nova Scotia 0800-1700

0920World.thumb.png.2caec536b67c4a819c2554c4e041268e.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 18

Thank you for the Hump Day report, Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  Pepperoni Pizza sounds nice.  I'll pass on the Punch as I try to get ready for my upcoming cruises.  I love Armstrong's quote as I anticipate him belting out "What a Wonderful World" as Crystal Serenity leaves Quebec next month.

I've been to Gothenberg just once, way back in 2003 when I arrived there on the DFDS ferry.

Three interesting days.  I'll especially celebrate the reunification of Germany,

I'll pass on the shrimp.  My alternative is Pasta and Lemon Tart as served on Amtrak's Cardinal on the way to Seattle to board MS Oosterdam.

dishes20.jpg

Roy

• Like 39
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.  Thanks for the Hump Day Report.

Another cool start to the day, only 4°C (40°F) this morning.  I'll have to wear a jacket when I take Bertie for a walk.  It's supposed to be sunny this afternoon.🤞

I like more than pepperoni on my pizza.  Not a fan of punch and I often think that I'm not ready for anything.

Good quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to recipes.   Not sure about the drink or wine.

Prayers for everyone.

• Like 32

Good afternoon.

It is 64°F, raining and windy.

I got the all clear from my skin cancer consultant this morning in hospital.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

Interesting days and food.

We have been to Gothenburg and what I remember is the theme park there.

The reunification of Germany was an important date.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who is unwell.

Take care and stay safe.

• Like 36

Today’s Care List:

Smitty34877’s DH Lou passing on 9/18

CrabbyPatti’s DF passing on 9/14

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on vent, unstable

Lady Hudson’s DH Bill with bronchitis, onboard Jewel of the Seas

Mamaofami’s DH Sam in the hospital, post-surgery for his brain bleed

Cruzin Terri with pain, and symptoms from the increased prednisone

Marshhawk’s house/bank issues

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui

Earthquake in Morocco and flooding in Libya, both with many deaths

Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine

From the Rotation:

Rafinmd (Roy) recovering from Covid and hoping to cruise soon

Catmando with cancer recurrence, on immunotherapy

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome Home RMLincoln!

AroundWithMAPTravels, Welcome to the Fleet Report/Daily!

Seasick sailor’s sister unharmed in a car accident

Crazy For Cats’ DM back to her usual self after a fall and pacemaker 

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Oceansaway17 (Celebrity Summit Sept 21 to Oct 2, Boston, Maine & Canada)

3 days for Vmax1700 (Rotterdam Sept 23 to Oct 7, Jewels of the Baltic)

Cruising-along (Celebrity Solstice to Sept 22, Alaska), Heartgrove (MSC Preziosa to Sept 24, British Isles), Lady Hudson (Jewel of the Seas to Sept 28, Canada and Greenland), Haljo1935 (Carnival Venezia to Sept 29, B2B, NY/Canada/NE), SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam to Oct 1, Great Alaskan Explorer), tupper10 (Noordam to Oct 1, Great Alaskan Explorer), and Mr. Boston (Oosterdam to Oct 8, Med Tapestry, Greece & Adriatic Antiquities)

• Like 27
  • Thanks 13

Good morning friends!  Thought I'd get up and post since I've been awake for a while and we leave to take DDIL to DFW in an hour.  It is 71F here in Frisco, will be 94 with partly cloudy skies and windy.  It was windy yesterday too.

Thank Rich @richwmn for today's Daily and Fleet Report.  I'm a pepperoni pizza lover but no idea if that's in the cards for us today yet.  I'm assuming punch day means the beverage and not a fist to the jaw. 😉  Get ready can mean something different to everyone.  Good to read Roy @rafinmd has his luggage ready to go so this is an important day for him I would say.  Like the Louis Armstrong quote.  Creamy garlic shrimp might be okay if not TOO garlicky.  No thanks to the drink or red wine.  Wow, a lot of excellent days in history for us, though too bad Magellan had to die before his journey was complete.  

Prayers are always sent for our Care list people.  So much has been happening here in that regard.  Still sending prayers for Terry @smitty34877 and family, as well for Carol @mamaofami and Sam after his successful surgery.  Also Denise @CrabbyPatti and @Lady Hudson's DH Bill on Jewel of the Seas.  Special prayers for a miracle for Baby Murphy, DB and friend's DB Mark, and all here who are in pain or sick. 🙏  Three cheers for our cruisers, those with happy events like birthdays and anniversaries, and visiting with family (that's me!!). 🥂 Good luck to anyone getting ready for a cruise because I know it can be a chore (that's Roy and Jacqui @kazu ) but you will be happy you did because it can be so rewarding and relaxing.  Have fun!  Thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for taking care of the lists each day!  We appreciate you!  Having done that job for only 2 or 3 weeks I can attest to how much note taking it involves.

Our port is another new one, third day in a row, and it is Goteborg, Gothenburg, Sweden.  Gothenburg is the second largest city in Sweden.  It sounds like a lovely place so I hope to see it someday.  No previous posts to link to today.  If you have photos please share!

Will say a prayer now that Ren is feeling well enough to soccer practice this morning.  It's about a 90 minute practice at the Academy fields across the road from the apartment, then he drives to school and is there until about 4 pm.  He gets credit for PE by going to practice.  He says school is a lot different here.  Anyway, he drives a few friends (probably teammates) home after school and they stop and grab a bite to eat, then he gets home around 5.  Makes life challenging figuring out dinner times and how much appetite he has then.  This should be interesting for two old folks like DH and I who run things on a schedule at home!✔️

Hope everyone has a good day, stay safe and well.  

• Like 35

thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich

and thanks to Vanessa, Dixie, Ann & Debbie

Good collection of days but I prefer other things on my pizza.  I’m definitely celebrating Get Ready Day today and for the next few days 😉 Yum on shrimp but I have seafood chowder left over (with shrimp).  Like Armstrong’s quote.

IMG_1122.jpeg.99e30ef89ee046f455e7a3eb3201a5c5.jpeg

Wonderful days in history to celebrate - Germany’s unification, Billie Jean King’s inspiring victory & circumnavigation of the globe.

It’s b-r-r-r-y cold here today but I’m not complaining.  The cold is pushing Hurricane Nigel away from us and out to the Atlantic 😥 But there is potential for a very early frost on the weekend.  😳 Hoping we don’t get the rain this morning so more dahlia work can be done 🤞 

IMG_1121.jpeg.fe927780977dcd44bce2b93b729a356a.jpeg

Got my Poker Run stuff done for the cabin crawl & slot pull stuff done yesterday so it’s onwards and upwards 👍.   What happens today very much depends on the weather.  Outside if possible and do-able - otherwise inside and cleaning.  Final check on all the roll call stuff today, too.  And Ivan, of course. Fetch, walk, cuddles, etc.

IMG_1111.jpeg.84793971f092f442c6abe3ae09dd7059.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issue, worries & those that need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

IMG_1131.thumb.jpeg.aaeea49b47e976d7ddc1815e302a9e92.jpeg

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

• Like 32
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Thought I'd get up and post since I've been awake for a while and we leave to take DDIL to DFW in an hour.  It is 71F here in Frisco, will be 94 with partly cloudy skies and windy.  It was windy yesterday too.

Thank Rich @richwmn for today's Daily and Fleet Report.  I'm a pepperoni pizza lover but no idea if that's in the cards for us today yet.  I'm assuming punch day means the beverage and not a fist to the jaw. 😉  Get ready can mean something different to everyone.  Good to read Roy @rafinmd has his luggage ready to go so this is an important day for him I would say.  Like the Louis Armstrong quote.  Creamy garlic shrimp might be okay if not TOO garlicky.  No thanks to the drink or red wine.  Wow, a lot of excellent days in history for us, though too bad Magellan had to die before his journey was complete.  

Prayers are always sent for our Care list people.  So much has been happening here in that regard.  Still sending prayers for Terry @smitty34877 and family, as well for Carol @mamaofami and Sam after his successful surgery.  Also Denise @CrabbyPatti and @Lady Hudson's DH Bill on Jewel of the Seas.  Special prayers for a miracle for Baby Murphy, DB and friend's DB Mark, and all here who are in pain or sick. 🙏  Three cheers for our cruisers, those with happy events like birthdays and anniversaries, and visiting with family (that's me!!). 🥂 Good luck to anyone getting ready for a cruise because I know it can be a chore (that's Roy and Jacqui @kazu ) but you will be happy you did because it can be so rewarding and relaxing.  Have fun!  Thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for taking care of the lists each day!  We appreciate you!  Having done that job for only 2 or 3 weeks I can attest to how much note taking it involves.

Our port is another new one, third day in a row, and it is Goteborg, Gothenburg, Sweden.  Gothenburg is the second largest city in Sweden.  It sounds like a lovely place so I hope to see it someday.  No previous posts to link to today.  If you have photos please share!

Will say a prayer now that Ren is feeling well enough to soccer practice this morning.  It's about a 90 minute practice at the Academy fields across the road from the apartment, then he drives to school and is there until about 4 pm.  He gets credit for PE by going to practice.  He says school is a lot different here.  Anyway, he drives a few friends (probably teammates) home after school and they stop and grab a bite to eat, then he gets home around 5.  Makes life challenging figuring out dinner times and how much appetite he has then.  This should be interesting for two old folks like DH and I who run things on a schedule at home!✔️

Hope everyone has a good day, stay safe and well.  

Thanks for the mention.  DH, hopefully, is improving.  Third day of antibiotics.  Arriving in Nuuk, Greenland today.  Northern lights spotted last night.  

Prayers for all in need.  Have a great day.  Katherine 

• Like 36

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors.

Todays days; Getting Ready, Pepporini Pizza and Punch Day. Hear goes.

Sometimes I am tempted to getting ready cause here I come! 😀

As far as pizza and punch day hear are my answers to that.

IMG_1267.thumb.png.17369dc76a14cfbd6852d350996bf479.pngIMG_1268.thumb.png.052c0b856b69b8e0ebbb5849110aac5c.png

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 15
  • Haha 15

Good Wednesday morning. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Chilly in the upper 40s this morning. Love it. 

Love the meal of the day and pepperoni pizza is my favorite. 

Today, having a massage this morning and later working at home. Seeing clients and working in four classes. Busy day. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Image result for ewednesday cat memes

• Like 31

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! Quite a marine layer this morning. The sun is just beginning to break through. The past few days have spoiled me. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping track of all of us. I get a much needed manicure this morning, then Bindi walks, some yard work, HIIT and maybe some pool time. 

Bindi feels this way about rain…

IMG_1537.jpeg.c9f0fdf8b4ceb522ef31c174d9d35a35.jpeg

IMG_1391.jpeg.5934d31debe183130a2dfc39bc9bb80e.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @smitty34877 Terry, keeping you, your family & your entire support team in my prayers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!  Hope we all can find a reason to smile today - even if just for a moment. 

LangeTwins 2012 Zinfandel

This California Zinfandel is still available from many California distributors, so if it aged well it should still be enjoyable. Consumers and at least one critic give it very good - excellent ratings. Online prices start at $11.99.

Wine Enthusiast 89

This wine has aromas of currants and strawberries and tastes fruity but dry, with supportive tannins and acidity that make it appetizing. Full bodied but not overpowering, it is very versatile with food. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 2

Good morning everyone. Sam will be coming home today after recuperating from his brain surgery. So far everything’s going well and we’re hoping it stays that way.

Terry, I am so very sorry to hear about Lou. My heart goes out to you. Prayers for you and your family.

Edited by mamaofami
  • Like 45

Good morning,

I love my new house but I am disappointed in the yard upkeep . I moved into a maintenance provided home so I wouldn’t need to pay for or worry about the yard. My old house had almost 2 acres and looked better than this small yard. They did not spray for slugs and now my yard is awful. They must have used cheap sod as the weeds are out of control. The HOA is new as it went from the builder to homeowners and they keep telling me it will look better next year. I will believe it when I see it. Enough of my complaining. 

I love the fall weather and the past two weeks have been wonderful. The weather forecast looks good until Saturday. A dear friend’s celebration of life is Friday and the weather is cooperating. 

Roy I am glad you are going on your cruises. It looks like half the Dailyites are cruising. 

Prayers for all in need and have a great day. 

• Like 30

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  This morning has that nice crisp autumn feel, DH claims winter has arrived.  I’m working a half day today so I can go see the eye doctor for a checkup.  I have a coupon so we may go out to dinner on a school night.

@rafinmd I’m glad that you are moving forward with your cruise.  Let them pamper you for awhile.

I started bringing in the plants and filled the bay window.  There was no room for one of the cat beds and Ashlee is thrilled and claimed it as hers.  Amelia is in the background just watching.

image.thumb.png.956042bfee913a0767c68ba5cae2e976.png

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports @richwmn!  I love pepperoni pizza and today is a day to get ready as we are heading to Baltimore tomorrow with an overnight SW of Pittsburgh on the way.     Pass on creamy shrimp, banana drink though today's Zinfandel looks tasty.  

@Lady Hudson thanks for the update on your DH.  @rafinmd glad to read you are going forward with your planned cruise.  Prayers for all on our care list, baby Murphy, all the catastrophes in our world and the people of Ukraine. 

I am rushing out to get the oil changed on the truck with an 8:30 appointment.   Our planned vaccine appointment yesterday was a fail.   They announced when we checked in they didn't have the new vaccine so we left.  On the way home is a Walgreen's and we stopped in and they had the flu shot and new Covid shot, in and out in a half hour.   I got both in one arm it is a little sore this morning and a little headache but all is well.  Have a lovely Wednesday.  Nancy 

• Like 30

Good morning from central Texas where it is 74F and feels like 74F.  It will be windy again today, and we already have a 9mph breeze with 80% humidity and a dew point of 67F.  It looks like our high this afternoon will be 96F with a 14mph wind.  There is really nothing on the agenda today but puttering around the house.  I may run a couple of errands, but will probably wait until tomorrow.

Pepperoni is my favorite type of pizza, and it's even better with mushrooms and onions added.  I'll skip the punch.  I try to be ready for whatever happens, but that is not always possible.

I love the Louis Armstrong quote.  "What A Wonderful World" is my favorite recording of his.

The creamy garlic shrimp is something to consider since we really liked the garlic shrimp recipe we had a few months ago.  We'll pass on the drink, but I think the wine is worth a try.

We have not been to Goteborg, Sweden.  In fact, we've only been to Stockholm twice.

There are three good days to celebrate, beginning with the reunification of Germany in 1990.  I remember watching the Billie Jean King tennis match against Bobby Riggs.  Even though he did not complete the journey, the Ferdinand Magellan voyage was a huge step forward in the exploration of the world.

@RMLincoln  Welcome home.  I hope you both had a wonderful time on your cruise.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I hope Ren is better today.  I hope you and Dennis find some time to explore the DFW area.  Unfortunately, the Texas State Fair won't start until Friday of next week.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope the weather cooperates and you can get the yard work done.  I looks like you made great progress on the things for your cruise.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, I hope your DH is improving with the help of the antibiotics.  I hope you see more of the Northern Lights.

@mamaofami  Carol, that is great news Sam will be coming home today.  That should add greatly to his recovery.

@cruising sister  Lorraine, I'm sorry about your lawn woes.  I hope they are correct and it will be better next year.   I hope the weather continues to cooperate for your friend's COL.

@ottahand7  Nancy, safe travels today and tomorrow.  Enjoy your visit and the Ravens game.

@rafinmd  Roy, I haven't said anything since this has to be your decision, but a cruise is a great place to relax and get away from life for a while.

It's time to get ready and take my walk.

376190242_6661717733885584_7067603264222109880_n.thumb.jpg.fb7839f56ca8f223ad598e1b27489b77.jpg

376236228_1911012179299679_6274486701968138646_n.jpg.2834a4e25568c9a154b6eb79318166bf.jpg

376256267_10229546782190425_6400553995592519875_n.thumb.jpg.2a62a426ad9cd253c688e5ec7544936f.jpg

376258118_778689697597264_6298493936767469824_n.jpg.2c910a2c9de855eadf9ddefddb12c8f9.jpg

376280507_688476079982069_2008524106568518491_n.thumb.jpg.f56c450a3499c404cc353fd2b6d514fa.jpg

376285751_783881796872564_6774992844736575795_n.jpg.63dbcd2c17ce1502da2bd3bd32e727c1.jpg

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 19

Good morning, everyone!  

It was a busy day yesterday.  After the gym and lunch we went to the big box store.  We were going for paper products - toilet paper and paper towels.  We came home with so much more!  I also filled up with gas and did a cylinder exchange for the grill.  Then we came home and packaged up ground beef, chicken, and fish into individual sized servings.  And made dinner.  Today is Farmer's Market, grocery store, eye doctor, and a Zoom meeting.  

Thanks to @Sharon in AZ for the lemongrass suggestion.  I've never used it, so never looked for it.  

@rafinmd It sounds like you are going since the suitcase is in the car.  I'm thrilled for you.

@Cruising-along Carolyn looks like she is having a great cruise to Alaska.  Stay warm!

@mamaofami How wonderful that Sam is coming home!  That is best for everyone!

Today's meal sounds good to me.  It is low carb and instead of serving over noodles, you can serve it over riced cauliflower.  This first recipe looks pretty easy and tasty.  https://cafedelites.com/creamy-garlic-shrimp/

garlicshrimp1.thumb.jpg.abf75756065c1e457af6499d752adbf1.jpg

This next one is decadently rich and sounds so smooth.  The white cheddar is an interesting ingredient.  https://www.aheadofthyme.com/creamy-garlic-shrimp/

garlicshrimp2.thumb.png.322a6cb85062c8b19e3cfa74d0f94fee.png

This next recipe uses both wine and broth, reducing each by half to concentrate flavor.  It also adds in lemon.  I love lemon.  https://thecozycook.com/creamy-garlic-shrimp/

garlicshrimp3.thumb.jpg.3708a2d7cafd361b4de224a6f0af0c38.jpg

This last recipe has the same creamy shrimp, but gives it a Tuscan touch with spinach and sun dried tomatoes.  https://therecipecritic.com/creamy-tuscan-garlic-shrimp/

garlicshrimp4.thumb.jpg.28265c820d2f4a0364d21f9bfd132ec8.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 15

Good Morning to All!  Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I like more things on my pizza and punch is ok but a tad too sweet.  I have to get ready but today won't be the day.  I can hear Armstrong in my head now!!  I will pass on the food and drink, the wine sounds good, never been to Sweden.  What a fantastic group of history dates and very memorable.

Another day of subbing in the honors geometry and ed profession classes.  Luckily, the teacher has planning 6th period so I am out of there by 1430ish.  Tomorrow I will be subbing in a severe SPED class at the HS.  I loved those kiddos when I worked there so that should be fun.

Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.

Have a great hump day everyone!!

• Like 31

Good morning Daily-ites. 

A cool morning of 72 warming to 98. Next 10 days are still in the mid to upper 90's. Black crickets have invaded Central Texas. Oliver graces me with a few he leaves in my chair. 

We have a new restaurant here in Georgetown that makes great pizza. I like everything except pepperoni and anchovies.

Roy I'm excited you have made your decision about the cruises. Once onboard you won't have to worry about "should I stay or should I go".

Prayers for every single person and family member on Vanessa's well kept cares list. I celebrate those on cruises and preparing for them. We already scheduled luggageforward for November. 

Today I'll finish up some chores and prepare for our next house guests. We will go for our RSV and flu shots, the new Covid vaccine is already out of stock and awaiting new shipments. DH has an afternoon doctor appointment and we will go for an early dinner.

Wishing everyone a blessed day. Be kind!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1