Door Decorating question

screwsmcernst

In our experience, decorating is more a Royal thing but now seen more often on X for Halloween X mas  b days and anniv..

Magnets work and  tape that will not mar or stain..should not be too cumbersome or impede safe use of hallways..

Pineapple remarks are off topic!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We used to do decorate our door on all our cruises. 😊

Just be advised not to put something on your door that you wouldn’t want to “walk away”.

Yep. I had a simple, small magnet on my door on the Summit in July. I either came back to my cabin or was leaving my cabin and noticed it was gone.

The kids in the inside cabin across the hall (I'm guessing) had decided to take it. And put it on their door. 🤪

Needless to say I took it back and put it on the INside of my door after that. I got lucky that the first time it happened to me a) the culprits weren't that far away and b) weren't the brightest bulbs on the string since they apparently didn't even think "They'll see it since it's right across the hall!"

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

The kids in the inside cabin across the hall (I'm guessing)

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the occupants of that cabin, unless you saw them do it. It could have been done by anyone who passed your cabin  thinking they were being funny.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Strange story because we know of kids who had an inside cabin and were so happy with their door decoration but a grumpy guy across from them stole it and put it on the inside of his door!

Apparently he wasn’t the sharpest tool in the box either.😜

18 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Strange story because we know of kids who had an inside cabin and were so happy with their door decoration but a grumpy guy across from them stole it and put it on the inside of his door!

Apparently he wasn’t the sharpest tool in the box either.😜

Not a guy. Not grumpy.

And I am the one who had the magnet. They had nothing on their door ever until someone opted to move mine to it.

On our cruise, this couple placed a wedding picture on their door.  During the cruise, it 'disappeared'.  I cannot figure out why someone would take that.  So don't place anything valuable to you on the outside of the door.

On the Beyond, there were advertising magnets on people's doors promoting a certain travel agency.  Now that is tacky.  Those should have 'disappeared'.  

13 minutes ago, keesar said:

On the Beyond, there were advertising magnets on people's doors promoting a certain travel agency.  Now that is tacky.  Those should have 'disappeared'.  

Absolutely. It's obnoxious enough if they are part of a group sponsored by the agency. But if they were just randomly placed and one was put on my door, I'd be at Guest Services complaining about it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Absolutely. It's obnoxious enough if they are part of a group sponsored by the agency. But if they were just randomly placed and one was put on my door, I'd be at Guest Services complaining about it.

There are cameras on each floor that record 24/7.

Guest Relations could assist in finding the culprit. 😉

• Like 1

we used to enjoy putting out  a Cruise Critic Sign..they could be downloaded and printed.  You could add the date of the roll call Conections Party ( if enough signed up on the roll call)

Dont think this is happening currently?

Edited by hcat

On 9/28/2023 at 5:30 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Not a guy. Not grumpy.

And I am the one who had the magnet. They had nothing on their door ever until someone opted to move mine to it.

on one of our Royal C cruises  poorly   supervised children..swiped  and mixed up many room service request cards.  (fun for them?)  After that we could only order by tel.

same gen group poured choc syrup onto the art auction from above,  damaged sculptures in the adult only pool area..rode the elevs all day..

Royal C could not or would not take control and parents were mia!

usually a better atmosphere on X but things may be changing.

• Like 1

We used magnets to hold our Christmas decoration to the door during our first family Christmas cruise in 2016.

image.thumb.jpeg.73d48a73113cf1312d795fe82c0fe727.jpeg

The smaller door decorations we used for our second family Christmas cruise clinged to the metal door surface by themselves (no adhesive, no magnet).

image.thumb.jpeg.7de7dcbc66db9a0f4e4bb8742d83e33d.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

on one of our Royal C cruises  poorly   supervised children..swiped  and mixed up many room service request cards.  (fun for them?)  After that we could only order by tel.

same gen group poured choc syrup onto the art auction from above,  damaged sculptures in the adult only pool area..rode the elevs all day..

Royal C could not or would not take control and parents were mia!

usually a better atmosphere on X but things may be changing.

OMG. Wow.

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

OMG. Wow.

it was our mistake booking it..It was out of Miami and over the  Easter school  vacation.  Easter was early that yr,   and we  did not realize it  when we booked..Bad demographics...many large family groups (and our poor dtr had to have the holiday with relatives back home)

There were too many children and teens running wild, and  some of the adults were kind of rough too ..pushing others  at the table sales on the ship!

Memorable..not in a good way!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hcat said:

it was our mistake booking it..It was out of Miami and over the  Easter school  vacation.  Easter was early that yr,   and we  did not realize it  when we booked..Bad demographics...many large family groups (and our poor dtr had to have the holiday with relatives back home)

There were too many children and teens running wild, and  some of the adults were kind of rough too ..pushing others  at the table sales on the ship!

Memorable..not in a good way!

Yeah...I'm regretting booking Anthem out of NYC in Feb since it's when we're on Feb break already. But...

I'm a teacher, so I'm limited to our break times for travel. But I don't HAVE to put myself through something like going on a cruise out of an area where we're on break.