The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 3rd, 2023

richwmn

Sorry people I tried for a while to post a video of the Japanese Kindergarden classes singing the "Ode to Joy "  but just could not find a way to do it ,it is about 2 minutes long maybe that is the problem , Usually I can do quite a bit on my iMac but do not consider myself a techie.

Tony 🤔

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

No boyfriend here, child health is important, and I consider myself a fairly good techie. Not sure about the quote. Maybe on the meal, pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Shimizu. Important days in history for Germany and NZ.

It's sunny and 83F here now. Down to the 40's on Saturday! Whew, a long day for me. I had a medical appointment this morning that went long. Then I was to get lab work, but I poked my head in the lab and there were about 12 people waiting. I had to get to PT, so I didn't do that. So tomorrow when I go to pick up my new glasses I'll try to get the blood work done. There's a case of West Nile Virus in the county; I thought mosquitos were done for the season, but the news says they can be around in early fall.

@kazu Safe travels today.

@StLouisCruisers Good news that DD can now get through to you on the phone.

@rafinmd I'm glad you finally got to see a nice sunrise.

@57redbird Were those epidural injections? That's what the Physiatrist recommended for me. I have to see Pain Medicine people, but my appointment isn't until mid-November.

@RMLincoln I hope DH's phone consult with his doctor goes well on Thursday.

@smitty34877 Hugs as you go through the ups and downs of your situation. Lovely photo. I hope the new aide will work out.

@Haljo1935 I hope you feel better each day.

@luvtoride Welcome to the Daily!

@Seasick Sailor I'm glad both you and Allen sustained no significant damage. 

@sailingdutchy Thanks for the great photos.

@bennybear Lovely photos. I hope to get to see Mt. Fuji some day.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm glad DH was released from the ER yesterday, and that you both got a good night's sleep. You both deserve to rest and relax, after all that's gone on, although it sounds like you still have a lot to do. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

My other cereus cactus, which hasn't bloomed in a couple of years, got a bud 2 weeks ago and bloomed last night (It opens for one day, then closes and falls off).

image.thumb.jpeg.47f3b96f51a9c3e01d9f7c9009506d98.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

Good warm and sunny afternoon. I had a Dr appointment this morning and it was a mixed bag . The bloodwork showed some signs of further kidney problems but she can’t say for certain that it is accurate or that the Botox last Thursday might have caused the changes. So, she wants to repeat the bloodwork in 2/3 weeks and then possibly a referral to Nephrologist . She said that could take a while because there are not many in the area. 🤞My next appointment is in 6 months.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

So since it was such a beautiful day, DB decided we should go for a ride. We ended up at Wilmington De at a favorite hamburger restaurant and then we went to Total Wine. Wow, that location is huge, got a bottle of sparkling rose and a white peach Bellini. They were really helpful.

• Like 15

After vacillating as long as possible, I placed a deposit on the 2025 cruise to Whittier. From the point of view of many people here, I'm doing everything wrong: it's on NCL, the itinerary doesn't include Glacier Bay even though NCL will have cruises that do in 2025, and I booked an inside cabin. One of the reasons I didn't let the hold expire is that it's a "sideways" inside, which feels more spacious to me even though it's really the same size.

• Like 18

@JazzyV  Yes, epidural steroid without a numbing agent (Bupivicaine is commonly used).  I'd been having low back, bilateral hip, thigh, knee & bottom of my feet pain since mid -August....what a relief!  He hopes it will last at least 8 months!  Get on the Pain peoples cancellation list & keep bugging them.  My 1st scheduled appointment hasn't even come up yet & when I called, there had been a cancellation that morning but "We don't start calling that early to fill them" -- she told me to call at 8 a.m. & lo & behold, the next day there was an 8:30 available...needless to say I took it.

• Like 15

23 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

@JazzyV  Yes, epidural steroid without a numbing agent (Bupivicaine is commonly used).  I'd been having low back, bilateral hip, thigh, knee & bottom of my feet pain since mid -August....what a relief!  He hopes it will last at least 8 months!  Get on the Pain peoples cancellation list & keep bugging them.  My 1st scheduled appointment hasn't even come up yet & when I called, there had been a cancellation that morning but "We don't start calling that early to fill them" -- she told me to call at 8 a.m. & lo & behold, the next day there was an 8:30 available...needless to say I took it.

Thanks for the information. I am on the cancellation list.

• Like 11

Another you just can’t make the up happened tonight. I had to pick up a prescription and then we were going to go thru Arby’s drive thru for roast beef sandwiches “we don’t have any roast beef right now.”  How did that happen 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

8 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Another you just can’t make the up happened tonight. I had to pick up a prescription and then we were going to go thru Arby’s drive thru for roast beef sandwiches “we don’t have any roast beef right now.”  How did that happen 😀

Wish there were a "wow" button.

Wow.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kochleffel said:

After vacillating as long as possible, I placed a deposit on the 2025 cruise to Whittier. From the point of view of many people here, I'm doing everything wrong: it's on NCL, the itinerary doesn't include Glacier Bay even though NCL will have cruises that do in 2025, and I booked an inside cabin. One of the reasons I didn't let the hold expire is that it's a "sideways" inside, which feels more spacious to me even though it's really the same size.

It's only wrong if it doesn't suit you.  If you're happy with it, it doesn't matter what we think.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The good news is DH's BP is down to an acceptable range, and we both slept last night.  When I got back from my longer than usual walk, DH was already up and waiting for breakfast.  He's now trying to catch up on the lost sleep from the last few days. 

Such good news, Lenda -- I'm very happy for you both!

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

My other cereus cactus, which hasn't bloomed in a couple of years, got a bud 2 weeks ago and bloomed last night (It opens for one day, then closes and falls off).

image.thumb.jpeg.47f3b96f51a9c3e01d9f7c9009506d98.jpeg

Vanessa, this is absolutely gorgeous!  Thank you for sharing.

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good warm and sunny afternoon. I had a Dr appointment this morning and it was a mixed bag . The bloodwork showed some signs of further kidney problems but she can’t say for certain that it is accurate or that the Botox last Thursday might have caused the changes. So, she wants to repeat the bloodwork in 2/3 weeks and then possibly a referral to Nephrologist . She said that could take a while because there are not many in the area. 🤞My next appointment is in 6 months.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

I'm glad you'll be checked again in 2-3 weeks, and hope it's more in the normal range by then.  This is what I'm going through too, kidney issues.  Just watch the salt and drink lots of water (I was told to drink 64 oz./day).  It isn't as hard as it sounds. 🙂  

Today has turned sunny, and later this week will get up to 77 (!) One last gasp before down to the 50's and lower.  

DDIL made some homemade pesto and gave us some -- yum!  While there our techie son gave us some tech help (appropriate for today).  Next up we'll be tackling the Australia and NZ Visa apps on our new phones.  Hopefully we don't have too much trouble.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, dfish said:

It's only wrong if it doesn't suit you.  If you're happy with it, it doesn't matter what we think.  

Yes. But on CC there are always people who say that Alaska cruises must, must, must be on Holland America or Princess, in a balcony cabin, include Glacier Bay, you name it, someone jumps in with it. I also have a booking for a Panama Canal cruise on another NCL ship, sibling of this one, with the same cabin number and type. But these will finally use up my FCC.

• Like 9

@richwmn  Rich,  Thank you for the HAL Fleet locations and the daily.   Good to see that the Noordam is beginning to head south.

Thanks for the food and drink recipes and photos of today's port, a big thank you to @JazzyV  for the Care /celebration list, and thank you for sharing the photo of the beautiful flower on your cactus.

@Quartzsite Cruiser  hope your  DH continues to improve each day.

@smitty34877  hope tht the new Aide will be satifactory.

@kazu  sending best wishes for a wonderful safe and healthy cruise.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Today has been a long day, but I got a lot of things scheduled or rescheduled.  Maybe tomorrow, I can get to some of what I intended to do the last several days.  The dentist appointment had one surprise.  Last spring, when I bit down on a peanut piece, a tooth broke loose a bit.  Now, as part of the effort to save the tooth I need a deep cleaning.  Hopefully, the root is all right and the tooth will be all right.  Otherwise, I'll get an implant.  @JazzyV Vanessa, it's more an annoyance, and not worth being on the care list.

@Durango Sandy  Welcome to the Daily.  I hope you'll join us often.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I hope you can get the epidural shots in your back and that they give you some relief.  The flower is lovely.  Too bad the don't last longer.

@1ANGELCAT  I hope the follow up blood test shows better results.  Arby’s out of roast beef?  What next?

@kochleffel  Paul, we like balconies, but don't get them on an Alaska cruise.  Yes the scenery is wonderful, but often, between the weather and the temperature, balconies are not usesble enough to be worthwhile in our opinion.  The right cabin is what is right for you.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Thank you , Quartzsite Cruiser,

I lurk all the time. Don’t post much on CC, as you can tell. I do care about you all. We have around 700 sea days with HAL, mostly Grands.

Been married to my boyfriend for 49+ years.

Did want to post yesterday re: car names. The color of my Jeep wrangler is called Bikini, I named it Speedo.

Cheers, Sandy

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

Just now, Durango Sandy said:

Thank you , Quartzsite Cruiser,

I lurk all the time. Don’t post much on CC, as you can tell. I do care about you all. We have around 700 sea days with HAL, mostly Grands.

Been married to my boyfriend for 49+ years.

Did want to post yesterday re: car names. The color of my Jeep wrangler is called Bikini, I named it Speedo.

Cheers, Sandy

I love the name of your car!   I hope you post more often.  Welcome!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Yes the scenery is wonderful, but often, between the weather and the temperature, balconies are not usesble enough to be worthwhile in our opinion.

I had a balcony for a Baltic cruise a few years ago. It was wonderful in the Stockholm archipelago and unusable for most of the rest of the cruise.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Arby’s drive thru for roast beef sandwiches “we don’t have any roast beef right now.”

In December, I was driving back from Washington, D.C. and stopped at a Waffle House. Waffle Houses are open 24/7/365 and people in emergency management even use them as an indicator: if the Waffle House is closed, conditions are really bad.

As I reached for the door handle, the manager opened the door from inside, with a CLOSED sign in his hand. Reason: no workers for the next shift. Not a weather disaster, but a medical one. They all all the flu.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@kochleffel Paul, our first cruise was to Alaska in an inside cabin on Carnival Spirit, 2003. We loved it. We used the now and aft cams as our windows in the world. We are late to enjoy as much light as possible, late Sept. We had outside decks to enjoy the scenery or lots of places with seating next to big windows inside. It was magical. And something to look forward to!  And FCC too, excellent!  👏

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I am a NCL fan so not everyone thinks you are wrong...it is different than HAL. I like them for some very good reasons.

Love Alaska! 

Sailed the PC last March on the NCL Bliss and loved it!  Would do it again in a nano second! LOL.

Edited by Cruisercl
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

@kochleffel Paul, our first cruise was to Alaska in an inside cabin on Carnival Spirit, 2003. We loved it. We used the now and aft cams as our windows in the world. We are late to enjoy as much light as possible, late Sept. We had outside decks to enjoy the scenery or lots of places with seating next to big windows inside. It was magical. And something to look forward to!  And FCC too, excellent!  👏

In 2021, I traveled in Alaska using the state ferry system, with three overnights. On one ferry I had an oceanview cabin, but the window was tiny. On another, an inside. Since I spent almost all of the daylight hours on deck, it didn't matter.

• Like 3