Will the cost of cruises go down today?

Baynanno1

3 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Check the Cruise only rate pretty sure it will be a GTY rate.   They don't offer AI for GTY rates.  If you want to select your cabin with cruise only the rate will be much higher.

I've never seen a GTY rate when on the site I have no idea how to book that. This was me selecting my room.

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

I thought it was because its Australia law to show the complete price upfront without hidden extras 

Sorry- not trying to start a tipping thread.  Aussie cruise prices have traditionally had gratuities included in the base fare.  The explanation has been that the Australian culture in general does not tip for most things that we do here in the US. It is a cultural difference.  So they include it in the fare.

Just taking a quick look at pricing (US only) and everything on sale from today to end of deployment. Compared to last week, 89% of base Retreat prices did not change. The few that did go down are close in sailings so this number really doesn't represent anything significant. Aqua (cruise only) decreased by an average of $22pp/pn but some as high as $108/pp/pn and some as little as $2pp/pn.

59% of insides, 60% of OV, 57%, 58% of CC categories had no change since last week. Again these are base rates compared to last week so if you booked any other time, have a group rate, etc. these numbers don't mean a whole lot. 

• Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The US offer will be 40% off every guest for refundable deposits, 30% off every guest for refundable instead of 75% off guest #2 - plus $200 savings for veranda and higher. The weekend of Oct 12-17 the $200 bonus savings will be replaced by $200 OBC. I can’t accurately compare base prices yet. 

On all of my 6 cruises booked, the price is higher than yesterday, maybe it's because none of them have the additional $200 savings. Until tomorrow will be extra savings.

BONUS SAVINGS OFFER
Booking Window: October 5 – 10
October 19 – 24
October 26 – 31
November 2 – 7

BONUS OBC OFFER
Booking Window: October 12 – 17

Edited by gerelmx

4 hours ago, killaypirate said:

Compared to dummy booking yesterday for Nov on Infinity, extra cost of AI appears to have INCREASED from approx 540 to 670. This roughly equates to gratuities cost being ADDED NOT TAKEN OFF. However website does state having difficulties with pricing contact call centre

Just had another look and the cruise only price is exactly same as new AI

3 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

On all of my 6 cruises booked, the price is higher than yesterday, maybe it's because none of them have the additional $200 savings.

I suspect there will be multiple posts like this, but without context as to when and what you booked it really doesn't mean anything. As everyone knows the general rule still stands...the earlier you book the lower the price. 

• Thanks 2

Compared the cost of a Retreat SS booked on the Edge January 25th cruise from yesterday to today. Yesterday the booking for a SS was $7169pp with $400pp OBC and prepaid gratuities. Today same cabin is $6912pp with no OBC or prepaid gratuities. This is just another profit grabber by Celebrity.

BTW We booked this cruise last year in a Sky Suite and our cost then was $4861pp with $400pp OBC and paid gratuities.  The price now is $2050pp more than when we booked. This is one of several reasons why we will no longer cruise with Celebrity after January next year.  These ridiculous Retreat prices with loss of amenities have priced us out of the market with them.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I booked a 7 night cruise in a CS for Alaska on 12/12/22. Cost was $12,401.28. With all 4 perks. The OBC is $800.

Looked today at the same cruise. With the 40% off and no OBC. I did add tips. The cost today is $12,806.42.

• Thanks 1

we recently  booked Silhouette Concierge Class before 10/4...non ref fare. We got the full "all in".. (but do not need the wifi).  It includes grats and classic alc.  We did get  the 75% 2nd guest discount. Our other 2 bookings

(Ascent Aqua and Apex SV)  are also non ref fares with the  "all in" that included grats.

We decided we are not going to compare  fares under the "new"  "grats not included" system..It would only lead to confusion and second guessing. Hate playing the numbers games!

While we are happy with our current bookings.... we  will pause further bookings on X  til we taste the food on board. After 3 cruises in diff categories on diff ships,  we should know what comes next!

• Like 2

I did not expect pricing to change after gratuities were excluded from the AI, but from what I had read and the info received from travel agent indicated that as of 10/4 X was no longer going to add grats to the cost of upgrading bev package from classic to premium. That did not happen! 

I've been watching the price of a Sky Suite on the May 18 Ascent sailing, and today it has gone down by about the same amount as the tips. But yesterday there was also $300pp OBC, which is of course gone now. So not really a price drop in my opinion. And I got an email from Celebrity today, touting their new "Reduced Rates".

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, acrane said:

I've been watching the price of a Sky Suite on the May 18 Ascent sailing, and today it has gone down by about the same amount as the tips. But yesterday there was also $300pp OBC, which is of course gone now. So not really a price drop in my opinion. And I got an email from Celebrity today, touting their new "Reduced Rates".

Reduced rates for an even greater reduction in quality & service

Edited by killaypirate
  • Haha 4

I checked one of my booked cruises (C2) for which I'm paying $2292 cruise only solo.  An A2 solo is a whopping $5610 cruise only.  So dining in Blu sans AI is a $3318 upcharge. 😮 Holy cow that's ambitious!  Definitely sticking with specialty restaurants for 13 nights for ~$500 pp.  $3.3K to dine in Blu, just wow.  BTW, on two other cruises, daily upcharge for AQ cabin was around/less than $100/day solo.  Specialties are cheaper than that so no changes here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Checked pricing on Ascent TA in April last night and just now.  Exact same Infinite Verandah Cabin 

10/3 - no OBC, includes basic wifi, TIPS & classic drink package  - $4945.80 

10/4 - no OBC, includes basic wifi & classic drink package only  - $4970.80 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Its hard to compare since it is a different "Sale" overall.  The prices are similar but will watch over long run on how they are.  But the prices I looked at for a few cruises and comparing now the price for the Concierge and Aqua with AI are showing a little less right now with no tips.  But as said it was a different sale yesterday. Also I will continue if I stay with Celebrity, to go thru a TA who has group rates as I can get great savings that way

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Compared the cost of a Retreat SS booked on the Edge January 25th cruise from yesterday to today. Yesterday the booking for a SS was $7169pp with $400pp OBC and prepaid gratuities. Today same cabin is $6912pp with no OBC or prepaid gratuities. This is just another profit grabber by Celebrity.

BTW We booked this cruise last year in a Sky Suite and our cost then was $4861pp with $400pp OBC and paid gratuities.  The price now is $2050pp more than when we booked. This is one of several reasons why we will no longer cruise with Celebrity after January next year.  These ridiculous Retreat prices with loss of amenities have priced us out of the market with them.

This is what we called inflation.

Priced a cruise I was interested in.  For Retreat on Equinox in. Sunset SS.  If I add in the additional gratuities iis $120 more than yesterday and no OBC.  We are on Equinox now and have only sailed Celebrity for last several years.  For the first time I have no future cruises booked and will look at other cruise lines.  

• Like 2

I just looked at the price of a Celebrity Suite on our May Millennium sailing and it is almost the same exact price that we were quoted last April when we booked our Aqua Sky Suite.  So, I am not really seeing where prices have come down to match the loss of both pre-paid gratuities and OBC;  It looks more and more like our days of sailing with Celebrity are over.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also have not observed prices coming down for my next two cruises after considering OBC and Gratuities.  I compared my booked cruises as of yesterday’s pricing to today’s pricing.  Both cruises are in the retreat booked into a MC.  As most have indicated they did not expect a fair reduction in price and now we have proof.  For us the primary issue has always been TRUST. We have lost trust in Celebrity and its product.  Tuesday, we board a 15 day Viking ocean cruise, which could have been Celebrities 23rd booking from us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1