Israel and upcoming cruise

markf

44 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

2 have been canceled so far.

Travel Alert

Last Updated October 7, 2023 - 5:30 PM ET

Rhapsody of the Seas: Monday, October 9, 2023 AND Friday, October 13, 2023 sailing from Haifa

We’ve been closely monitoring the geopolitical situation in Israel. With your safety and well-being in mind, and in conjunction with our Global Security Department, we've decided that we must cancel our October 9, 2023 and October 13, 2023 Rhapsody of the Seas sailings.

We know how much time and effort go into planning your cruise, and we’re truly sorry for this disappointing news. Below, is information about next steps and options available to you.

Compensation

• A 100% refund, including taxes and fees, pre-paid packages and gratuities, amenities, shore excursions, any flights purchased through Royal Caribbean, and pre-purchased Royal Caribbean Travel Protection.
  • You’ll receive the refund to your payment on file within 14 business days. Please note, some banking institutions may take longer.
  • If you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original certificate.

Flights

• If you booked directly with Air2Sea, it will be automatically refunded to you.
  • However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. And again, we apologize for this cancellation and any inconvenience caused by this.

These are cancelled because they EMBARK in Israel. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Cruise will not be cancelled. Ports for cruises scheduled to visit Israel are being changed. 

Hope the give passengers options to cancel if their cruise doesn't go to the Israel ports, afterall that is what their cruises are all about.(those ports) be very upset otherwise, I think Royal understands that and will give their clients options.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Living here, and seeing the situation right now, sadly, it would not be resolved in the next couple of weeks...

I feel for all who had the Holy Land on their bucket list 😢

Stay safe @dani negreanu  We were on last years Holy Land cruise in October. Beyond grateful that we got to see your beautiful country in calmer times. Thinking of you and your fellow country people for a peaceful and quick end to the war. 

Jenni 

Edited by cruiselover04
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Hope the give passengers options to cancel if their cruise doesn't go to the Israel ports, afterall that is what their cruises are all about.(those ports) be very upset otherwise, I think Royal understands that and will give their clients options.

Thus far, for the Odyssey sailings, the message from Royal has been that the ports in Israel are out, replaced by other ports in less dangerous places. Cancellation ( with refund) has not been offered as an option. 

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

no option for us, we sail 1 week from today. They changed the ports and that’s the least of our concern. Our hearts are broken for the people of Israel.

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Because apparently everybody on every cruise on every cruise line booked these cruises just so they could go to Israel - and are now trying to cancel with full refunds - you can be guaranteed that all the cruise lines will be changing their Passage Contract to ensure that all passengers will be aware of - and agreeing to - the fact that no itinerary or port is guaranteed.

15 minutes ago, RD64 said:

Because apparently everybody on every cruise on every cruise line booked these cruises just so they could go to Israel - and are now trying to cancel with full refunds - you can be guaranteed that all the cruise lines will be changing their Passage Contract to ensure that all passengers will be aware of - and agreeing to - the fact that no itinerary or port is guaranteed.

Isn't that already in the contract? 

• Like 6

Just now, time4u2go said:

Isn't that already in the contract? 

Yes but does anybody actually read it? Everyone just plays the Woe Is Me Game - or the Cruise Line Has No Right To Change The Itinerary on Me Because I Have Waited My Entire LifeTo See This One SpecificPort - and Now You Are Cancelling It On Me game - and I want every type of compensation possible because there is a war in the Middle East.

Knowing rhapsody is suppose to be docking right now but currently next to cruises are canceled any word if she is going to another port to disembark?  Can’t imagine the worried locals currently on the ship trying to get back home and those stranded in Israel that flew in early for the cruise that was canceled. Heart breaks for everyone 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RD64 said:

Yes but does anybody actually read it? Everyone just plays the Woe Is Me Game - or the Cruise Line Has No Right To Change The Itinerary on Me Because I Have Waited My Entire LifeTo See This One SpecificPort - and Now You Are Cancelling It On Me game - and I want every type of compensation possible because there is a war in the Middle East.

So changing the wording is going to result in people reading the contract?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, juanrod said:

Knowing rhapsody is suppose to be docking right now but currently next to cruises are canceled any word if she is going to another port to disembark?  Can’t imagine the worried locals currently on the ship trying to get back home and those stranded in Israel that flew in early for the cruise that was canceled. Heart breaks for everyone 

Sadly a lot of the posters on the various cruisers are devastated because the itineraries that they have booked have been changed - given the current state of things it will be awhile before those ports are restored to any cruise itinerary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

So changing the wording is going to result in people reading the contract?

No - but maybe getting them to sign off on half a dozen specific clauses will. And even if they do not actually read it, then they cannot complain later.

7 minutes ago, RD64 said:

No - but maybe getting them to sign off on half a dozen specific clauses will. And even if they do not actually read it, then they cannot complain later.

They already agree to the contract then complain anyway. Here is a simple summary that people can sign off on...

The cruiselines has all the rights. If you think you have any rights then you obviously have not read the contract....

Back when we took our first cruise I read the entire contract. It even used to say that they don't guarentee the seaworthiness of any ship. My first thought was why would anyone ever agree to this? My second thought was if you want to go on a cruise........

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They already agree to the contract then complain anyway. Here is a simple summary that people can sign off on...

The cruiselines has all the rights. If you think you have any rights then you obviously have not read the contract....

Back when we took our first cruise I read then entire contract. My first thought was why would anyone ever agree to this? My second thought was if you want to go on a cruise........

Thank you for being the voice of reason.

On 10/7/2023 at 4:44 PM, Ocean Boy said:

How does a ship recall its passengers that are in port?

It only happens in the case of an extreme emergency.

You first contact all subcontractors running the ship tours to recall their passengers.  

The concern is people on independent tours, but since they are now in the middle of a war zone it is quite likely they will contact RC other own to get further instructions or return to the ship on their own.  It's also possible to send a text and email to all passengers (or at least the contact info you have for them).  There are also emergency contacts each passenger lists when checking in, so you can email/text them too and ask them to try to contact their relative.    You keep a careful watch on the check in because you want to leave as soon as possible.  Someone above noted they were waiting on two passengers - I don't know how long they can wait but would imagine if things were truly awful, they would leave and RC would make alternative arrangements to get stranded passengers to safety.   Thankfully, it appears all RC passengers made it to safety.

I was on a Baltic cruise the first summer the Russians were making threats (we waited to book until 4 weeks out when it correctly appeared we would be able to dock in St. Petersburg).  We had our cell phones with us and if there was any reports of war, we would have immediately headed back to the ship.  

Edited by kitkat343

14 minutes ago, fenton04 said:

Did you get a chance to read #48 and 49 on this thread? 

Yes. Not sure what either one has to do with my question.

48 says this:

"We’re booked next year for this same itinerary."

49 says this:

"Cruise will not be cancelled. Ports for cruises scheduled to visit Israel are being changed

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

It only happens in the case of an extreme emergency.

You first contact all subcontractors running the ship tours to recall their passengers.  

The concern is people on independent tours, but since they are now in the middle of a war zone it is quite likely they will contact RC other own to get further instructions or return to the ship on their own.  It's also possible to send a text and email to all passengers (or at least the contact info you have for them).  There are also emergency contacts each passenger lists when checking in, so you can email/text them too and ask them to try to contact their relative.    You keep a careful watch on the check in because you want to leave as soon as possible.  Someone above noted they were waiting on two passengers - I don't know how long they can wait but would imagine if things were truly awful, they would leave and RC would make alternative arrangements to get stranded passengers to safety.   Thankfully, it appears all RC passengers made it to safety.

Unless there was another one, I think it was a HAL ship.

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Living here, and seeing the situation right now, sadly, it would not be resolved in the next couple of weeks...

I feel for all who had the Holy Land on their bucket list 😢

I am so sorry for what you are going through right now. I cannot imagine. I just felt like saying I am thinking about you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1