Israel and upcoming cruise

markf

On 10/11/2023 at 9:18 PM, Ret MP said:

Not for me, I have this weird aversion to volcanos and as I get older, I don't much care for cold weather, either.  However, I don't think I'd do well in Russian territory.  

While there are a couple of volcanos in hawaii not all islands and the island is protected along the coasts where the majority live from weather extremes. Oahu there is a problem of oranges turning orange. They ripen but dont turn orange unless the weather drops below 60. A few areas north shore where you can drive up to a little height they try and grow them too, but alomg the coastal areas oranges dont always get enough cold to turn orange. Just dont go to the big island. The diamond head area on oahu long since dormant. Maui volcano seems dormant. .. big island not dormant.  Kaui is beautiful. 

I woke up worried about Israel and having bad dreams. If its affected my dreams I can only imagine those living there or travelers who cant leave. I remembered a ship going there to drop off passengers and was worried about their flights out. 

On 10/10/2023 at 10:57 PM, torpeedo said:

Right now I personally would not want to be anywhere in the Mediterranean.  I still have memories of the Achille Lauro.   I"m sure Royal is taking all precautions they can and will remove ships if they feel the risk is high but it's all such an unknown at this time. Just my opinion and I really hope all does go fine with all the cruisers and ships in the Med. 

The Mediterranean is huge….we’re heading from Greece to Italy right now, no where near the conflict. Spain and France are even farther away. 

• Like 4

On 10/10/2023 at 12:40 AM, suzyluvs2cruise said:

The Cruise Contract for RCI currently says the cruise line can change the ports/itinerary. I'd think the other crise line contracts say the same. No refunds offered either. I'd think they only way a cruiser could cancel and get any $ back is if they had cancel for any reason insurance. As said in a previous post you agree to the terms of the Cruise Contract when you're checking in so, even if you didn't read it, you're bound by what it says. 

It says that, but they’ll probably let people cancel anyway….just like last year with St. Petersburg and the Baltics cruises, remember?  The cruise contract also says you can’t use nonrefundable OBC for gratuities and we know how that goes 🤷🏻‍♀️

7 hours ago, vjmatty said:

The Mediterranean is huge….we’re heading from Greece to Italy right now, no where near the conflict. Spain and France are even farther away. 

Totally agree unless the unthinkable happens and then it won't really matter where you are.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2023 at 2:39 PM, Cruiser99365Girl said:

Thus far, for the Odyssey sailings, the message from Royal has been that the ports in Israel are out, replaced by other ports in less dangerous places. Cancellation ( with refund) has not been offered as an option. 

We were supposed to go to Israel in May on Odyssey. They pulled out over a complete nothing burger. They offered us very little compensation. Odyssey was a nice ship, but I won't ever step foot on a royal ship again.

It wasn't just the Israel ports being canceled it was the whole ineptness of the staff to handle it. It was a complete cluster "you know what" and guest services was about as competent as dealing with a cell phone company. You would think that they would have been prepared for it since tensions had been escalating for weeks prior to the cruise. I would hate to see how this cruise line handles hurricanes. Never again. Definitely not Loyal to Royal. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sm3ds said:

We were supposed to go to Israel in May on Odyssey. They pulled out over a complete nothing burger. They offered us very little compensation. Odyssey was a nice ship, but I won't ever step foot on a royal ship again.

It wasn't just the Israel ports being canceled it was the whole ineptness of the staff to handle it. It was a complete cluster "you know what" and guest services was about as competent as dealing with a cell phone company. You would think that they would have been prepared for it since tensions had been escalating for weeks prior to the cruise. I would hate to see how this cruise line handles hurricanes. Never again. Definitely not Loyal to Royal. 

Really? This caught everyone by surprise including the IDF. I don't know how Royal handled this on-board, but I am sure the staff itself did the best that they could considering the circumstances. Maybe Carnival is a better cruise-line for you.

• Like 3

On 10/15/2023 at 12:34 AM, sm3ds said:

Thus one wonders why you are posting here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Thus one wonders why you are posting here.

I posted as I assumed this thread was for people interested in what their favorite cruise line is doing.

This is all in the public domain, as are evacuation flights for various nationalities.

I apologise if I have offended.

It will not happen again!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bowm54 said:

I posted as I assumed this thread was for people interested in what their favorite cruise line is doing.

This is all in the public domain, as are evacuation flights for various nationalities.

This reply from Merion_Mom was not refering to your post but to sm3ds! And yes, she will help with evacuating, Rhapsody is not on a cruise.

Edited by Saab4444
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

This reply from Merion_Mom was not refering to your post but to sm3ds! And yes, she will help with evacuating, Rhapsody is not on a cruise.

I am very sorry, I was using my iphone rather than my ipad and did not read the message correctly.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bowm54 said:

Aloha.  You did absolutely nothing wrong. You are reporting information which may be helpful to someone whether good or bad positive or negative. All the best.

This is an emotional moment.  People (like me) have made rash statements here.  I, for one, will try to take a step back and take a more thoughtful comments.

The Today show today reported that Rhapsody has loaded the evacuees and headed for Cyprus.

1 hour ago, sailor05 said:

Just seen the Rhapsody on the news sailing away from Israel this morning full of refugees. What a great thing for Royal to help out with.👏👏

I saw each pax who boarded has to sign a promissory note to the USA. Once a long while from India I heard someone in this position had to sign for over $3k which at the time was a LOT more than flying out on their own. 

1 hour ago, sailor05 said:

Just seen the Rhapsody on the news sailing away from Israel this morning full of refugees. What a great thing for Royal to help out with.👏👏

I feel bad for the evacuees though. Other countries are flying their own back home. But the USA is just sending them to Cyprus via ship.

Edited by smokeybandit

18 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I feel bad for the evacuees though. Other countries are flying their own back home. But the USA is just sending them to Cyprus via ship.

Apparently the governor of Florida has made his own arrangements to fly some home.

• Like 4