Israel and upcoming cruise

markf

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How does a ship recall its passengers that are in port?

The passengers that were on ship tours were stopped on tour and returned to the ship immediately. In the end, there were 2 independent pax they ended up waiting for. Fortunately, they were located before the ship had to sail. Unfortunately, as they were dropping lines, a medical emergency occurred and they had to evacuate the passenger. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Living here, and seeing the situation right now, sadly, it would not be resolved in the next couple of weeks...

I feel for all who had the Holy Land on their bucket list 😢

Thinking of you and others in your situation. 
The Holy Land is on bucket list also. 
It will be interesting to see if Jewel gets a new home port for Summer 2024! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Living here, and seeing the situation right now, sadly, it would not be resolved in the next couple of weeks...

Thanks Dani. Visiting  the Holy Land had been a lifelong dream for me. Sadly that won’t be fulfilled. I feel for all who live there and am so sorry. 🙏

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Blessings and prayers for you and your family and Israel.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, springaussie said:

It will be interesting to see if Jewel gets a new home port for Summer 2024! 

Jewel is supposed to be homeported in Haifa only for 2.5 months (part of August, Sept-Oct).

I recommended Jewel to many of my friends, neighbors and acquaintances.

Some of its sailings are already fully booked. It is quite a feat to have such a nice ship as Jewel homeporting here.

Let's hope that the "situation" will be better until next summer.

It cannot get worse than now 😢

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

S

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Jewel is supposed to be homeported in Haifa only for 2.5 months (part of August, Sept-Oct).

I recommended Jewel to many of my friends, neighbors and acquaintances.

Some of its sailings are already fully booked. It is quite a feat to have such a nice ship as Jewel homeporting here.

Let's hope that the "situation" will be better until next summer.

It cannot get worse than now 😢

Im so sorry for you all. Please stay safe. I’ll finally get to meet you next year on the Bella cruise. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Possibly you thought my question was odd or funny. However, I was thinking that any time I've been off the ship they would have no way to contact me if an emergency came up and the ship was going to depart early. I can't imagine, well maybe I can, returning to the port and finding no ship there.

Not your post instead the incredibly bad decision to place passengers in a very fluid and violative position.  If you read my previous post we cancelled our transatlantic last April due to a disembarkation switch from Cyprus to Haifa.  To get to Tel Aviv international airport you have to travel nest to the West Bank.  The West Bank!

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Agreed. This does not seem like a short-termed conflict like prior ones.

This will affect the itineraries for 2024 as well. Right now the scramble is to make changes to the upcoming October / November cruises. Then adjustments will be made to the 2024 season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RD64 said:

This will affect the itineraries for 2024 as well. Right now the scramble is to make changes to the upcoming October / November cruises. Then adjustments will be made to the 2024 season.

Maybe, maybe not...we have absolutely no idea.   As good of a complete guess as anyone I guess. 

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Oh Dani!  You and all in Israel are the ones we are praying for!  We are heartsick to see what is happening and will continue to show support and send our prayers.  Please know we are thinking about you and stay safe!  🥲

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 10/7/2023 at 1:50 AM, markf said:

This is hot off the press, but any thoughts on what the plans are for Israel port on a cruise coming up in about a week?

This port is the major reason we booked, and I am wondering what the cancellation policy might be . 

I would let RCI cancel.  UAL, AA, & Delta are canceling all flights to Israel.

On 10/7/2023 at 2:31 AM, YlangYlangF9PB3E said:

We’re booked on the 10/15 Holy Land cruise as a b2b with the Transatlantic. We leave for Rome next Friday and am very anxious to hear what Royal has to say about cancellations.

We’re booked next year for this same itinerary.

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you.  We’re scheduled for next year October.  God Bless.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Cruise will not be cancelled. Ports for cruises scheduled to visit Israel are being changed. 

2 have been canceled so far.

Travel Alert

Last Updated October 7, 2023 - 5:30 PM ET

Rhapsody of the Seas: Monday, October 9, 2023 AND Friday, October 13, 2023 sailing from Haifa

We’ve been closely monitoring the geopolitical situation in Israel. With your safety and well-being in mind, and in conjunction with our Global Security Department, we've decided that we must cancel our October 9, 2023 and October 13, 2023 Rhapsody of the Seas sailings.

We know how much time and effort go into planning your cruise, and we’re truly sorry for this disappointing news. Below, is information about next steps and options available to you.

Compensation

• A 100% refund, including taxes and fees, pre-paid packages and gratuities, amenities, shore excursions, any flights purchased through Royal Caribbean, and pre-purchased Royal Caribbean Travel Protection.
  • You’ll receive the refund to your payment on file within 14 business days. Please note, some banking institutions may take longer.
  • If you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original certificate.

Flights

• If you booked directly with Air2Sea, it will be automatically refunded to you.
  • However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. And again, we apologize for this cancellation and any inconvenience caused by this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Cruise will not be cancelled. Ports for cruises scheduled to visit Israel are being changed. 

That’s too bad. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near the Middle East at this time.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, iuki said:

Thank you.  We’re scheduled for next year October.  God Bless.

Sadly I think the situation will not resolve itself that quickly. The 2024-2025 Mediterranean season will be starting in six /seven short months. With war being declared - the cruise lines are more than likely bring proactive. Nobody knows if, or when, the situation will resolve itself. No cruise line or insurance company will sail into a war zone. 

It is much simpler to rejig these itineraries now, and avoid potential difficulties. As well, these itineraries will more than likely see a significant drop in bookings if the conflict escalates. This will also give people the oppty to cancel their bookings and travel arrangements in a timely manner, and promote the sale of the new itineraries

I am not trying to be a Cassandra, just saying that it is a possibility ( did anyone think that St. Petersburg would be a no go going on to three years). For you, and the people of Israel, I hope that this is very short term, and that your cruise goes on as planned.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1