The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday October 18th, 2023

richwmn

2 hours ago, superoma said:

Good morning all. As always, lots going on. We are off shortly to our local pharmacy (shoppers drug mart) for our flu and Covid shots. I will cancel our November slot with our nurse practitioner. My understanding is that there are so many open time slots that people outside of the first demographic group (age, health, health care worker etc) are getting the shots (DD 52 no health issues) I surely hope this is not an indication of the winter to come. 

curious question; how many of you use your public library? Our local tv station does a survey question each night based on one of the stories. The other night the question was “do you use your public library”. I realize the results are a very small sample of the population (200,000 with 486 responding) and only representative of the people who watch CTV but only 32% said yes they use the public library. So, who here uses their public library? Just curious. It has saved me so much money over the years and now I can stream movies and tv shows from their app too. Thanks everyone for your responses.

Dinner tonight will be maple glazed salmon, scalloped potatoes, Brussels sprouts and Caesar salad with my wise Wednesday women group. 

prayers for those that need them and cheers to those celebrating or cruising!

Daily use of the on line function from my public library.  It is where I get all my kindle books!  Periodic use of the nearby branch of our local public library to pick up books I desire that do not have a kindle format.  Very rare use of the movies and magazine functions. (not the best selection)

• Like 17

@superoma,Our library is a great place for the community and I use it often. Tana enjoys regular books so I collect hers weekly. DD and I enjoy the ebooks. We have to figure out streaming for other things. The senior citizens meet in the auditorium twice a week but there are other lectures and interesting programs.

@ger_77, I am happy that you and DH are ready to travel to Calgary again. Enjoy your trip and family visit!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. It’s a cool 48 degrees this morning and will rise to 74 degrees F. 
First of all @Seasick Sailor and @SusieKIslandGirl Happy Birthday!🎂🍾

Lot’s happening today. We did hire a new lawn service, our cleaning gals are here this morning and our new custom made mirrors for both renovated baths will be delivered and mounted this afternoon. Oh yeah, packing.

We both went together and got pedicures yesterday afternoon. One of life’s great pleasures. 
Looking at all the tropical weather activity going on I foresee a possible future encounter as we sail down the Eastern coast.

Thanks for the Fleet Report and Care list along with all posting contributions here on the Daily. Enjoy your day. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.e01b011a3f9df78191308cc8a3f54bde.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f19dbc66ecc0e607804d1f8f6f2d23bf.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.046e73d7e3b7e553413e3a2b5cffb5d2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f0e8d778b346db8aeddf6d8a0217a6d7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ef2e382cb16d4ee0b7c7f44c40cf892c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.705980d90431f9de2091bd5d0066cb43.jpeg

Don’t worry Chief, Weatherperson RNB has just analyzed the four day five cast for the East Coast and any tropical system will pass east of Bermuda and you will just have some wave action. Plus I have been on a cruise with a boat the same size as yours in 30 ft seas and 70 knot winds and I am here to talk about it. Don’t worry, it occurred between Bermuda and Charleston!

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 15

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Rich @richwmn here is some information on next week's Nieuw Amsterdam cruise taken from a guest on that cruise who posted on Crew News's thread.  The ship will be at Port Everglades from Saturday until next Monday's departure.

"We wish to advise you of some changes to our scheduled itinerary. During our current voyage we experienced a technical issue with our portside Azipod propulsion system. While this in no way affects the safety of our guests or team members, which is our highest priority, it must be repaired before we can begin our next cruise. As a result, we will delay our departure from Fort Lauderdale to complete repair work until 8:00 AM on Monday, October 23.

We have revised our itinerary to reschedule our call to Grand Turk and maintain our visit to Half Moon Cay. We will no longer visit San Juan, Puerto Rico on Tuesday, October 24 or St. Thomas, U.S.V.I. on Wednesday, October 25, and have added a call to Nassau, Bahamas on Tuesday. Our revised itinerary will be as follows:

Date

Destination

Arrive

Depart

Saturday, October 21

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S.

Overnight

Sunday, October 22

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S.

Overnight

Monday, October 23

At Sea

8:00 AM

Tuesday, October 24

Nassau, Bahamas

5:00 PM

Wednesday, October 25

At Sea

Thursday, October 26

Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands

7:00 AM

1:00 PM

Friday, October 27

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

2:00 PM

Saturday, October 28

This is awful and we can certainly understand the disappointment for anyone on this booking. 

We were on NA in December 2019 when the azipod was damaged as well.  They ended up cancelling the entire cruise after we had already boarded.  We had one night onboard and we were disembarking to return home.  I wonder if there is an ongoing issue with the NA and it's azipod thrusters?  Anyone have additional info or know if there have been any similar issues since December 2019?  We are booked on her again next month - would hate to have the same thing happen.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

A bit of a frustrating morning here.  I was able to get the payoff amount for my last car payment.  I tried to adjust the recurring payments in my bill pay system, but that was a no go.  So, I just made an extra payment for now and in a few days, after that has processed, I will go in and eliminate the payee entirely.  

Next I talked to the pharmacy and they had no recommendations on what they could offer in place of my prescription.  There are problems with this order anyways as the doctor only ordered a 28 day supply with no refills.  So, I get to call the Dr.'s office.  The pharmacy did assure me that those with a diabetes diagnosis would get their prescriptions filled before the weight loss people who are using it off label.  They did say I could call around to local pharmacies and see if anyone could fill the prescription for me.  Another full time job.

Then I called Medicare to see what I need to do to adjust my payments.  Currently they deduct the whole Part B premium from my account, but Social Security will pay most of that starting this month.  Unfortunately, after waiting on line, I was told their system was currently down and asked to call back later.  

I think I'm going to need a BHB before January of 2025.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 9

Good morning all!

All good days, love the quote, the meal sounds yummy, I'd try the drink and probably like it, but will pass on the red wine.  We haven't been to the port.  

Happy birthday @SusieKIslandGirl and @Seasick Sailor!

Vanessa @JazzyV I hope the epidural relieves your pain.  You've had this too long. 😞  

Lorraine @cruising sister Thank you for the update on Baby Murphy. 

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser Thank you for asking -- DH is doing ok -- still some congestion in his chest, I sure hope he won't have to go on a different antibiotic.  He does think he's doing some better, and will get another chest x-ray next month.  

Debbie @dfish I'm sorry you're having such a frustrating morning!  It is somewhat a relief to hear that they're filling diabetics' refills before the weight loss people, but still!  😡

I think I've mentioned before about our poor service from the P.O. here.  Well the latest is that a package DH was expecting never arrived even though he got an email saying it had been delivered.  He put in a search with the P.O. box with the tracking number and after 2 weeks hasn't heard a thing from them.  Well this morning someone (who?) left it on our front porch.  The video camera shows it wasn't someone coming in a mail truck, so it had to be whoever got it and after 2 weeks brought it to us.  I'm just glad it wasn't something important, it's not only aggravating but scary when our P.O. makes these mistakes. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Dailyites, and thanks for the news!  Happy Birthdays, and Get Well Soon cards for those ailing.  The senior centre I go to is part of our library, and I visit regularly, although I have not borrowed a book for a few years.  @JazzyV, Vanessa, we are not sailing until November 1, on the Spanish Farewell, as we cancelled the earlier leg of the cruise, boo hoo.  It will be a test of how Pat can manage, and we are already having some difficulties finding the supplies he's going to need for flights and/or long tours.  He's a worry!  And we'll need a suitcase for all his antibiotics, etc....

We got our flu shots yesterday at Costco and I inquired about RSV, I was told Canada is not paying for them yet, so it's all private pay.   I'm not going to worry about it until we get back.  Did you know that Kleenex is no longer being made/sold in Canada?  Disaster!  Fortunately, I bought 3 cases when we were in Bellingham and I am enjoying a lovely box of the ones with lotion and aloe while I have a cold.  So much nicer than the other brands, and my poor nose is thanking me.

With all the changes to cruise itineraries going on, when I got three emails from HAL this morning, I figured we were going to have changes, but they were all about visas, and "missing information", I'll let Pat worry about that.  I don't think we have ever needed visas for where we will be going and the ETIAS thing in Europe doesn't start until next year.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

All good days, love the quote, the meal sounds yummy, I'd try the drink and probably like it, but will pass on the red wine.  We haven't been to the port.  

Vanessa @JazzyV I hope the epidural relieves your pain.  You've had this too long. 😞  

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser Thank you for asking -- DH is doing ok -- still some congestion in his chest, I sure hope he won't have to go on a different antibiotic.  He does think he's doing some better, and will get another chest x-ray next month.  

Debbie @dfish I'm sorry you're having such a frustrating morning!  It is somewhat a relief to hear that they're filling diabetics' refills before the weight loss people, but still!  😡

I think I've mentioned before about our poor service from the P.O. here.  Well the latest is that a package DH was expecting never arrived even though he got an email saying it had been delivered.  He put in a search with the P.O. box with the tracking number and after 2 weeks hasn't heard a thing from them.  Well this morning someone (who?) left it on our front porch.  The video camera shows it wasn't someone coming in a mail truck, so it had to be whoever got it and after 2 weeks brought it to us.  I'm just glad it wasn't something important, it's not only aggravating but scary when our P.O. makes these mistakes. 

Same thing happened with me a while ago except package showed up 6 months later in my locked mailbox so.... either the PO had it all the time or else someone dropped it off into the mail 6 months later. Like you, I was so glad it was not something valuable or necessary.

Susan

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Don’t worry Chief, Weatherperson RNB has just analyzed the four day five cast for the East Coast and any tropical system will pass east of Bermuda and you will just have some wave action. Plus I have been on a cruise with a boat the same size as yours in 30 ft seas and 70 knot winds and I am here to talk about it. Don’t worry, it occurred between Bermuda and Charleston!

Definitely not worried about it. Pass the barf bag.

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

Good morning all.... late today since I slept in a bit and then just can't seem to get started. I think I know the problem - I hate housework!!! Anyway, will start on the morning routine shortly. We are having a spate of warm weather just now with highs in the 70's but that will end this weekend. I hope the electrician can get out here and service my heaters - they work but the timing is off.

Little news from here. Durango is working on the celebration with Sepp Kuss which is set for tomorrow. I am not sure I will fight the crowds to attend. I love Sepp.... but they are suggesting you leave cars at home and come downtown by bike... something this old lady can't do and parking is generally pretty awful in town anyway. But I am cheering along with everyone else.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts and wishes to all who need them including the poor people caught up the wars in Ukraine and Israel. The civilians always get the worst of it.

Dogs and I need to get out and do some walking. I am having some problems there. I walk ok (not great, but ok)  and Bandit Shih Tzu is ready to go but the Chihuahua hates it and he does not walk well. Little legs and fearful, very fearful. He is aways behind me while Bandit is out in front and ready to go. But, if I leave him home he barks and barks and barks. I may have to get him a stroller or a carry bag. The latter would be awkward for me and doggie strollers are expensive. On the plus side, he is much better about doing his business outside as soon as we go out.

Off to try to do something constructive, or maybe have another shot of coffee.

Susan

• Like 20

2 hours ago, spkack said:

This is awful and we can certainly understand the disappointment for anyone on this booking. 

We were on NA in December 2019 when the azipod was damaged as well.  They ended up cancelling the entire cruise after we had already boarded.  We had one night onboard and we were disembarking to return home.  I wonder if there is an ongoing issue with the NA and it's azipod thrusters?  Anyone have additional info or know if there have been any similar issues since December 2019?  We are booked on her again next month - would hate to have the same thing happen.

I'm sorry I don't have any knowledge of azipod problems on other ships.  But I agree it wouldn't be much fun to have your cruise changed drastically because of mechanical problems.  I hope your cruise next month goes perfectly this time.🍸🚢

• Like 14

Good morning and thanks all! 
Happy birthday wishes to @Seasick Sailor and @SusieKIslandGirl

@NextOneSending healing thoughts and also to @redbird @JazzyV

@rafinmd hope you have a good appointment 

@Cruising-along Carolyn, hope your DH feels better soon. 

@CruisingSisterhope little baby Murphy improves with this new treatment. 

I am so afraid I’ve forgotten someone! 
@ger_77 glad you had no side effects, we had the usual but minimal but are glad we have them as there seems to be a shortage of supplies.  Safe travels! 

I love the library and use it regularly, 

IMG_3156.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 5

Finally a dry, sunny day in the Pacific NW.  Went out on my deck to get the outside portion of my AccuRite weather station and with the instruction sheet figured out why it wasn't sending the outside temperature signal to the inside unit.  Hadn't been working since I changed the batteries a few days ago.  Guess I must admit that I am actually a nerd.  Looking at the "Dream Catcher" meme that @Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda posted I could see that mouse trap couldn't work.  So I had to go to the garage and look at a real one to find out what the problem was.  Who does things like that?

Ray

• Like 7
  • Haha 12

6 hours ago, superoma said:

curious question; how many of you use your public library? Our local tv station does a survey question each night based on one of the stories. The other night the question was “do you use your public library”. I realize the results are a very small sample of the population (200,000 with 486 responding) and only representative of the people who watch CTV.

I don't physically go to the library but I do download books from their Libby app to my tablet. 

• Like 7

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I will salute global dignity. Sometimes it's hard to love your body, due to appearance or how it's functioning. It's easy to get information overload. Love the Kubler-Ross quote. I like the meal, drink and wine. I've never been to Riga. 3 good days in history.

It's 58F and cloudy here, but going up into the low 60's. Another bad night of sleep, waking at 2AM, then 4AM with leg pain. I've been up since 4AM. My Apple watch shows 3.5 hours of sleep! I'm back from my procedure. It wasn't too bad. I had to lay on my stomach with my head in this circular pillow. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to breathe. The going into the spinal canal was a lot of pushing; I felt some pressure, but they'd used a lot of local anesthetic, so no pain. It was a bit scary when I came home because the right leg was tingling a whole lot and felt numb. As I made some coffee, I wasn't sure I could stand up without support. That has subsided some. BFF stayed until he felt I would be ok on my own. I may not see any effect for from a few days to a couple of weeks. Last night eating out, I only had soup with noodles, so the stomach was ok. And I was coerced to drink a shot of Jägermeister!

@marshhawk Bon Voyage to you and Chuck!

@SusieKIslandGirl Happy Birthday!

@Seasick Sailor Happy Birthday Joy!

@NextOne Prayers that you're doing well.

@57redbird Prayers that all goes well with your DH's procedure.

@grapau27 Hugs to Pauline on this sad anniversary. It's nice she can spend time with her brother today also.

@rafinmd I hope your Oncologist visit goes well today.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for thinking of me!

@cat shepard @smitty34877 @RMLincoln @Quartzsite Cruiser @ger_77 @Cruising-along @bennybear Thank you for the good thoughts.

@RedneckBob I like that quote!

@Haljo1935 You're brave, getting 3 at once.

@Lady Hudson I'm glad you decided to take the cruise with your twin. I'm glad your DH Bill is feeling fine.

@Heartgrove I'd be upset about no lab orders put in by your doctor, after fasting and going to the lab.

@cruising sister Thanks for sharing a bit of good news about Murphy; I hope it continues.

@superoma I use the library mainly to download books to read. They do have many classes and other things going on too.

@ottahand7 I hope John is able to fix the oven.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. I hope you get the medication straightened out. My doctor who's helping me with my weight did an A1C and it was normal, so I didn't qualify for those meds (I was happy about that). She mentioned Metformin, but with my stomach issues I said no, just let me work on the diet (and hopefully exercise if I can get my back and leg feeling better) for now. I hope your day gets less frustrating!

@Nickelpenny I'm glad you had a good visit with your PCP. I hope you find out the cause of the numbness. 

@ger_77 Safe travels tomorrow.

@happywandering @spkack Welcome to the Daily!

@Vict0riann Thanks for the heads up; I'll make the change. I'm sure Pat's medical issues are making travel a bit harder, but you'll get it done.

@durangoscots Be careful walking the dogs that you don't fall.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

I'm in favor of all three special days. Unfortunately, I have plenty of reason to be aware of information overload and probably don't need a special day for it.

The meal would be OK but I'm not sure that I would bother with a slow cooker for it. Probably no on the drink. For a Pinot Noir that's new to use, Red Tail Ridge 2020. I've been to Tallinn but not Riga.

Dinner tonight will be the last round of haddock and peppers in Greek olive oil.

I use my public library for both print books and e-books, but I can borrow e-books from five public-library systems including New York and Brooklyn--library privileges are statewide, but only the two last have a convenient way to sign up.

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

We got our flu shots yesterday at Costco and I inquired about RSV, I was told Canada is not paying for them yet, so it's all private pay.   I'm not going to worry about it until we get back.

I'm also waiting until I get back. In the U.S., it's covered by insurance but not by Medicare Part B, meaning that it comes under the rules of a person's prescription-drug plan. Mine will class it as a Tier I drug and charge a large co-pay, plus I haven't met the plan's deductible for the year.

The Nieuw Amsterdam had a change of itinerary when I was aboard in 2020, because of a propulsion problem, and they didn't tell us in advance even though the problem had existed for months. We went to St. Croix instead of Sint Maarten. I have the latter in a booking for 2024, but with RCI.

Calvinafterschool.jpg.9da2459c45e0fa5666090ab60d8be8a4.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 8

Good afternoon from a warm, 77F but windy central Texas.  From the looks of the wind, I'm glad I did the yard work yesterday.  Today, I'd probably spend half my time chasing my hat.  It is nice to have a day that I don't have to go somewhere or do something.  Actually, there are still things on my to do list (some of which I'm been putting off since 2020), but today I'm just catching up on things with the computer, and letting my mouse do some shopping.  

A curious thing happened on CC today.  This morning I was about half way through writing my post when POOF.  I started over and got it finished and posted.  Just a couple of minutes ago when I opened the box to post, there was the first paragraph and a half of the missing post.  I wonder if the rest will appear sometime in the future.  😉

First, with all the excitement of the missing post, I forgot to wish Roy @rafinmd well on his oncologist visit today.  I hope there were no surprises today.

6 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Bon Voyage @marshhawk Annie and Chuck!  Yay!!  
So many cruising, how wonderful!  
Happy Birthdays to those celebrating, and a loving day of reflection for Pauline, her brother,  and Graham. 

Prayers for all!  Roy, hoping for continued good reports!  Thankful for Debbie’s good numbers!  Hopeful for Vanessa!  
@Cruzin Terri thanks for checking in Terri. One day at a time is Everything!  
For all the procedures and recoveries 🙏. And Baby Murphy!  
And those grieving, shifting into new chapters, give yourselves time, be gentle with your heart’s feelings and your mind’s memories. Sending out Love and Light to Karen and Terry and their loved ones. 
Enjoy the grands and the trip Gerry!  Safe travels!  

We continue prep work for our move. I made different progress yesterday than I’d planned but it all has to get done. I culled out the pantry, bringing a box of foods to prayer circle tonight. Made meatloaf to have on hand while the granddaughter and her DH are here for a few days. 

I slept 8.5 hrs!  Amazing!  Blessings to you all!  And peace and healing for the messed up world around us. 🌍

Thanks All for bring here.  Onward.
Maureen 

Maureen, I'm glad that the progress on the upcoming move is going well, and that you got a good night's sleep.

5 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning everyone and happy hump day.    Thanks for the reports each day @richwmn.   Global Dignity Day is important but so much politics, tribalisms and hate make it very hard to recognize the dignity of every human being.   I finally have gotten to the point that I love my body, not much else I can do about it other than control what I eat.   Information overload is pretty easy to handle, just turn it off.   A great post by Elizabeth Kubler Ross and I think it is the foundation of our current Hospice organizations.   Thanks for the comestible reports each day.   I made Chili yesterday because John bought too much ground beef.    I had everything I needed in the house and it turned out really well, it is in the freezer for future meals.  I will pass on the Cruzin Tea, not a fan of spiced rum though today's Pinot Noir sounds lovely.   I have never been to Riga and look forward to photos of the city. 

@cruising sister Thank you for the somewhat positive update on Baby Murphy.  I am glad that her parents can work offline to be there for her.   @mamaofami I hope that your DH is in rehab and progressing.   Prayers for everyone going through different pain episodes and others in our group who need them.  @rafinmd I hope your oncology visit goes well and continued good news.   Prayers for everyone in the war zones in Israel and Ukraine.  @grapau27 thinking of you and Pauline today.  

Is is a beautiful, sunny day here and it is 40 degrees.  It is supposed to stay clear so I will be able to get my outside work done today that I have been procrastinating on because it was too cold for me.    I will just get it all in one day, fingers crossed.   John is handy so he is taking the oven apart and it appears he intends to switch out the broken panel.     I am keeping out of it but now he appears to looking at a piece of plastic that he removed and how to put it back together.    

@superoma there are many uses for public libraries besides the reading material within.   They are becoming more community hubs with meeting rooms and classes.  Our garden club has about half of our meetings in a beautiful new public library and we use that opportunity to advertise our speakers as a public service and also in attempt to increase our membership.   I have done a couple of garden related talks for a couple of public libraries over the years too.  

Nancy, I hope John can get the oven working again.  

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily.  All 3 days are worthy of note, I do appreciate the quote of the day and would say yes to the drink and wine as well!

Slept in a bit because I woke up at 4:30 thinking of all the things to get ready for us to head to Calgary tomorrow - yes, I'm excited, just like a kid at Christmas, I guess.  It's a foggy morning out there for us today - we had rain overnight and this morning we can barely see across the street.  If old wive's tales are true, we should be getting precipitation 3 months from now, about mid-January, which seems about right.   Likely a snow storm, but it'll be winter, so we just accept what's given.

@Seasick Sailor hoping you have a wonderful birthday today!

@SusieKIslandGirl wishing you a very Happy Birthday as well!

Sending good vibes to @JazzyV and @57redbird's DH as they undergo their medical procedures today.

@NextOne hoping your heart procedure went well yesterday and you'll soon be home feeling much better.

DH's daughter messaged me yesterday - she and her mother are on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  Now the daughter is a glass half empty kind of gal, so I wasn't surprised when she said she didn't think she'd ever sail HAL again because they had 3 ports cancelled and now are just going to FLL.  Well let's see, 1 was cancelled due to a hurricane, another because of political unrest, and the last because of a mechanical issue - all of which were out of HAL's control. I didn't argue with her (what's the point?), just mentioned that she's still getting her bed made, her food presented and drinks and entertainment if she wishes.   SO glad we weren't on that one with her!   This is also the same one who - after we paid to upgrade her and her DH to biz class for a flight to Europe - said she didn't really enjoy it because she couldn't get comfortable to sleep well.  You can't win.

I forgot to mention that DH and I got our 7th Covid vaccine yesterday - no issues for either of us, just like the previous 6 shots.

Lots to do today, bake the cookies, do the laundry, vacuum and dust (at least run a cloth along the surfaces) and get the house ready so it doesn't look like a tornado hit it when our neighbour comes in to feed Sochi.  DH will get the car washed and packed up for us so we can get up, shower and hit the road tomorrow morning.  

I like the meal suggestion, and will likely make a crock pot full of it when we're in Calgary, but we'll be eating out of the fridge for tonight, so it's looking like we'll be having salmon sandwiches and vegetable soup at the kitchen table this evening.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially those in war-torn countries.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, safe travels tomorrow.  I'm glad you are not having any problems with the booster.

3 hours ago, dfish said:

A bit of a frustrating morning here.  I was able to get the payoff amount for my last car payment.  I tried to adjust the recurring payments in my bill pay system, but that was a no go.  So, I just made an extra payment for now and in a few days, after that has processed, I will go in and eliminate the payee entirely.  

Next I talked to the pharmacy and they had no recommendations on what they could offer in place of my prescription.  There are problems with this order anyways as the doctor only ordered a 28 day supply with no refills.  So, I get to call the Dr.'s office.  The pharmacy did assure me that those with a diabetes diagnosis would get their prescriptions filled before the weight loss people who are using it off label.  They did say I could call around to local pharmacies and see if anyone could fill the prescription for me.  Another full time job.

Then I called Medicare to see what I need to do to adjust my payments.  Currently they deduct the whole Part B premium from my account, but Social Security will pay most of that starting this month.  Unfortunately, after waiting on line, I was told their system was currently down and asked to call back later.  

I think I'm going to need a BHB before January of 2025.  

Debbie, it sounds like you had a busy, but frustrating morning.  I hope you got your prescription straighten out, and was glad they are putting those using it for weight loss last.  

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Carolyn, I'm glad that our DH is doing better, and I hope the cough and congestion clear up soon.  From our DSIL's bout with pneumonia, it takes a while to clear up completely.  We're lucky here that our PO 99% of the time does a good job, thanks to our new Postmaster.  Quartzsite PO is another story, and that's even with all mail going to PO boxes since we don't have home delivery.  That can be a problem if shippers send packages to the street address and leave off the box number.  That mail and sometimes mail addressed correctly, is returned to shipper.

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, and thanks for the news!  Happy Birthdays, and Get Well Soon cards for those ailing.  The senior centre I go to is part of our library, and I visit regularly, although I have not borrowed a book for a few years.  @JazzyV, Vanessa, we are not sailing until November 1, on the Spanish Farewell, as we cancelled the earlier leg of the cruise, boo hoo.  It will be a test of how Pat can manage, and we are already having some difficulties finding the supplies he's going to need for flights and/or long tours.  He's a worry!  And we'll need a suitcase for all his antibiotics, etc....

We got our flu shots yesterday at Costco and I inquired about RSV, I was told Canada is not paying for them yet, so it's all private pay.   I'm not going to worry about it until we get back.  Did you know that Kleenex is no longer being made/sold in Canada?  Disaster!  Fortunately, I bought 3 cases when we were in Bellingham and I am enjoying a lovely box of the ones with lotion and aloe while I have a cold.  So much nicer than the other brands, and my poor nose is thanking me.

With all the changes to cruise itineraries going on, when I got three emails from HAL this morning, I figured we were going to have changes, but they were all about visas, and "missing information", I'll let Pat worry about that.  I don't think we have ever needed visas for where we will be going and the ETIAS thing in Europe doesn't start until next year.

Ann, I hope your cold clears up soon.  I also hope you can find everything Pat needs for the cruise, and that you have a wonderful time.

34 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I will salute global dignity. Sometimes it's hard to love your body, due to appearance or how it's functioning. It's easy to get information overload. Love the Kubler-Ross quote. I like the meal, drink and wine. I've never been to Riga. 3 good days in history.

It's 58F and cloudy here, but going up into the low 60's. Another bad night of sleep, waking at 2AM, then 4AM with leg pain. I've been up since 4AM. My Apple watch shows 3.5 hours of sleep! I'm back from my procedure. It wasn't too bad. I had to lay on my stomach with my head in this circular pillow. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to breathe. The going into the spinal canal was a lot of pushing; I felt some pressure, but they'd used a lot of local anesthetic, so no pain. It was a bit scary when I came home because the right leg was tingling a whole lot and felt numb. As I made some coffee, I wasn't sure I could stand up without support. That has subsided some. BFF stayed until he felt I would be ok on my own. I may not see any effect for from a few days to a couple of weeks. Last night eating out, I only had soup with noodles, so the stomach was ok. And I was coerced to drink a shot of Jägermeister!

@marshhawk Bon Voyage to you and Chuck!

@SusieKIslandGirl Happy Birthday!

@Seasick Sailor Happy Birthday Joy!

@NextOne Prayers that you're doing well.

@57redbird Prayers that all goes well with your DH's procedure.

@grapau27 Hugs to Pauline on this sad anniversary. It's nice she can spend time with her brother today also.

@rafinmd I hope your Oncologist visit goes well today.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for thinking of me!

@cat shepard @smitty34877 @RMLincoln @Quartzsite Cruiser @ger_77 @Cruising-along @bennybear Thank you for the good thoughts.

@RedneckBob I like that quote!

@Haljo1935 You're brave, getting 3 at once.

@Lady Hudson I'm glad you decided to take the cruise with your twin. I'm glad your DH Bill is feeling fine.

@Heartgrove I'd be upset about no lab orders put in by your doctor, after fasting and going to the lab.

@cruising sister Thanks for sharing a bit of good news about Murphy; I hope it continues.

@superoma I use the library mainly to download books to read. They do have many classes and other things going on too.

@ottahand7 I hope John is able to fix the oven.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. I hope you get the medication straightened out. My doctor who's helping me with my weight did an A1C and it was normal, so I didn't qualify for those meds (I was happy about that). She mentioned Metformin, but with my stomach issues I said no, just let me work on the diet (and hopefully exercise if I can get my back and leg feeling better) for now. I hope your day gets less frustrating!

@Nickelpenny I'm glad you had a good visit with your PCP. I hope you find out the cause of the numbness. 

@ger_77 Safe travels tomorrow.

@happywandering @spkack Welcome to the Daily!

@Vict0riann Thanks for the heads up; I'll make the change. I'm sure Pat's medical issues are making travel a bit harder, but you'll get it done.

@durangoscots Be careful walking the dogs that you don't fall.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm glad the procedure was not too bad.  When DH had it, I had to be there to drive him home since the lidocaine made his legs numb for a while.

20 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

When I have to get down on a knee or two it almost takes a crane to get back up again and that’s sad!😩

Bruce, I'm lucky that most of the time I can still get down and back up, but I always hope no one is looking.  It is not a pretty sight, and sometimes a very slow process.  

I think I spoke too soon about our mail.  I just checked the cluster box, and the mail has not come.  It is usually here between 9 and 10 in the morning.  It could be we have a substitute carrier today.  They are often late with the mail.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Vanessa, I'm glad the procedure was not too bad.  When DH had it, I had to be there to drive him home since the lidocaine made his legs numb for a while.

Lenda

Lenda, maybe that's what it was. It's almost back to the usual tingling, not that terrible numbness. And you had to have a driver or they wouldn't do the procedure.

• Like 15

28 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Lenda, maybe that's what it was. It's almost back to the usual tingling, not that terrible numbness. And you had to have a driver or they wouldn't do the procedure.

Vanessa -- I hope you get longer lasting relief than I did -- I didn't have a numbing agent injected, just a steroid....my pain relief came the next day BUT it only lasted about a day & a half.....I'm getting 2 more steroid injections on the 23rd....I know to take at least 1 Benadryl for sleep that night....:-).

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1