The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday October 26th, 2023

richwmn

Today is National Mincemeat Day, Horseless Carriage Day, and National Day of the Deployed

As far as I'm concerned, 'whom' is a word that was invented to make everyone sound like a butler. - Calvin Trillin

Meal Suggestion for today - Turkey Wild Rice Soup
Drink of the Day - Hornitos Ranch Water
Wine of the Day - Olema Sauvignon Blanc Loire
Destination of the Day - Oban UK, Scotland

Today in History:
1850 Robert McClure sights the fabled Northwest Passage for the first time (from Banks Island towards Melville Island)
1863 Football Association forms in England, standardizing soccer, splitting with rugby

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Florida eta 10-28

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 10-28

Nieuw Amsterdam

Grand Turk Turks and Caicos, 0700-1300

Nieuw Statendam

Messina, Sicily 0700-1700

Noordam

Raiatea, French Polynesia 0700-1700

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Naples, Italy eta 10-27

Rotterdam

Oranjestad, Aruba 0800-2300

Zaandam

Coquimbo (La Serena), Chile 0700-1600

Zuiderdam

Chania, Crete 1100-2200

Eastern Hemisphere

Volendam

Savusavu, Fiji 0800-1700

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Yokohama, Japan eta 10-28

1026World.thumb.png.122555afc68b76617ca2f9782200070c.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 20

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Another mild (for us) day.  We should get to 21°C (70°F) this afternoon.  No snow yet.

I'm not a fan of mincemeat, but hubby likes it.  I usually make mincemeat tarts around Christmas for him and company.  We love our "horseless carriages".  A big thank you to all those deployed who protect and serve us.

Amusing quote.

The meal sounds good, I hope the drink and wine are tasty too.

I've never been to Oban, maybe someday.

Prayers for our world.

Stay safe.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  Another typical fall morning with 57F and clear skies.  High will be 77 and sunny pleasant weather.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report for Thursday, Oct. 26.

Today's days of celebration are widely varied.  First and foremost, let us thank our servicemen and women on National Day of the Deployed.  Their service is appreciated even more lately with all that's going on in the world.  Mom used to make mincemeat pie for the holidays but I didn't like it.  And last but not least is Horseless Carriage Day.  Anyone who has preserved one of those ancient vehicles have real gems on their hands.  Imagine how exciting to move from horse and buggy to a mechanical vehicle!  Today's quote is amusing.  Turkey with wild rice soup sounds hearty on a cool fall or cold winter day.  No thanks to whatever the cocktail is.  Yes, I would try the Sauvignon Blanc as I prefer white wines to red.  Interesting days in history regarding the Northwest Passage and soccer/rugby facts.  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your great reports every day!🤗

Prayers are taking longer and longer to finish each day and now we have the mass shooting in Lewiston, Maine to add to them.  What an awful night for the residents there last night!  I hope this man is caught soon and with no further death or injury to innocent people, including our law enforcement.  He should never have been allowed to own a gun after his mental health issues this year.  Too many people are falling through the cracks who should have been reported to law enforcement.  Then of course we still have those in Israel and Ukraine to pray for.  Too much conflict and war happening!  Prayers for all our Daily members along with our family members and friends.  Personal prayers for DB, friend Susan's DH Scott and DB Mark.  Praying for improvement in pain and disability for all here! 🙏 Cheers to all celebrating happy events and cruising!🥂  I see Annie's ship Carnival Pride is in Messina with Nieuw Statendam.  That's interesting.  Good news having a new Speaker of the House.  Rep. Mike Johnson made a great speech yesterday and now they can all get back to business and hopefully get something done.👏  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the Care and Celebration list today and I hope you got a few more hours sleep.  May you receive help with your painful leg condition soon.

Our port destination today is Oban, UK Scotland.  This is the second time having that port mentioned and last time was Nov. 10, 2021.  I haven't been there before and have no photos to share.  Here's the link to Nov. 10, 2021 for your convenience.

Let's hope today is a better day for all.  Stay safe and well!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Ann, Dixie, and Debbie.  Hats off to the deployed.  I really depend on my horseless carriage.  Mincemeat pie is a favorite of mine.

The Trillin quote kind of strikes me as funny. Having experienced the Northwest Passage, McClure's discovery really resonates with me.  I have not been to Oban.

The turkey wild rice soup sounds nice.  My alternative is Minted Melon and Raspberry Soup, Red Curry Coconut Chicken, and Strawberry Crisp as served on MS Amsterdam October 26, 2017.

dishes26.jpg

It should turn nice today and I get my Covid booster.

Roy

• Like 37
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon.

It is raining and 8°C here.

Thank you Rich,Ann, Debbie,Dixie Vanessa Sandi and Lenda for your daily contributions that make this daily thread interesting.

Not sure about today's food but Sauvignon blanc is always nice.

I hope everyone is safe and well with prayers 🙏 for good health for our care list members.

Screenshot_20231026_120930.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 6

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report!

Suzi is off today while I work. She will start packing as we leave early tomorrow morning flying to Ft Lauderdale. We will pick up my sister tomorrow night and leave on Saturday for our cruise. 🙂 

I probably won't be posting here until this weekend; however, I will be doing daily updates on our cruise on the daily thread. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! 046.thumb.JPG.2468b32c32386528aa9d495eeb6900bc.JPG

• Like 35
  • Thanks 4

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on ventilator, CPAP trials

Cruising sister’s DB needing toe amputation

Mamaofami’s Sam hospitalized

RMLincoln’s cousin passing

Lazey1 testing positive for Covid

Smitty34877’s Tana with pneumonia

RIP Richard Roundtree

Mass shooting in Lewiston, ME

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine and Israel

From the Rotation:

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues

NextOne post valve replacement surgery 10/17

HAL Sailer’s DH recovering after hospitalization

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Rafinmd with elevated PSA

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Mr. Boston visiting ME for hiking and fall color

Haljo1935 in Rome, pre-cruise

StLouisCruiser’s friend Susan’s DH Scott moved to rehab

Ger_77 enjoying the family time in Calgary

CrabbyPatti’s DFIL discharged to rehab

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 days for Norseh2o (Oceania Nautica Oct 27 to Nov 6, Adriatic & Italian Tableau)

2 days for Seagarsmoker (Eurodam Oct 28 to Nov 8, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer)

3 days for Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam Oct 29 to Nov 9, Adriatic Dream, celebrating 33rd anniversary onboard)

6 days for Nickelpenny (Oosterdam Nov 1 to Nov 15) 14d Spanish Farewell

6 days for Kochlöffel (Oosterdam Nov 1 to Nov 15) 14d Spanish Farewell

6 days for Vict0riann (Oosterdam Nov 1 to Nov 15) 14d Spanish Farewell with a few days in Barcelona before

Live4cruises (Westerdam to Oct 28, N.Pacific crossing & Japan Collector), Horizon Chaser 1957 (Eurodam to Oct 28, Panama Canal), Lady Hudson (Liberty of the Seas to Oct 28, Canada & NE), Smmesineo (Celebrity Equinox to Oct 28, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico), Aliaschief (Seabourn Quest to Nov 7, Montreal to Miami), Marshhawk (Carnival Pride to Nov 12, Rome to Rome +TA), Sailingdutchy (Oosterdam Oct 20 to Nov 15, Ancient Empires & Spanish Farewell) and Lindaler (Volendam to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific)

• Like 25
  • Thanks 16

Hornitos Ranch Water cocktail:

Ingredients:

1 1/2 oz. Hornitos Plata tequila
3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
4 oz. Polar raspberry lime seltzer water
1 lime, slice, for garnish

Directions
Pour tequila and fresh lime juice into an ice-filled 8-oz. glass; stir to combine. Top with seltzer water. If desired, cut a slit in a lime slice for garnish.

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 7.24.07 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 17

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Another lovely morning, though the breeze has already picked up. Last night was so windy, my neighbors’ yard waste was blowing all over the place. I will say walking in the breeze is very enjoyable.

After a couple of my Bindi walks, my hairdo resembled this…

IMG_1884.jpeg.ffe81367cffb078593a10eed8a06bac5.jpeg

Vanessa, I hope that yesterday’s doctor visit leads you to pain relief. Though I am still praying for the epidural to kick in. 

Today I will be sticking close to home, because I have an electrician installing a 220 outlet in my garage. At the very least, this will cut my car’s charging time in half. Bindi walks, chores and cleaning out the side of the garage with the electrical panels will fill my day. 

A new vehicle - the Purrsche…

IMG_4106.jpeg.5899fdffefbb65a86d7fef62cadd32c5.jpeg

IMG_1887.jpeg.b6480ab889a52eba6ad95799143d587d.jpeg

Praying for all who need our support. @smitty34877 Terry, praying for you, Tana, your families & support teams. May Tana’s antibiotics kick in. Breathe deep. 

@HAL Sailer Melissa praying for you & DH. Don’t forget you. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Olema Sauvignon Blanc Loire 2021

I used the 2021 vintage info, since it might be easiest to find, but all released vintages share the same excellent rating. I would love a taste, and maybe even a bottle.  It is available from quite a few online distributors with prices starting at $12.99.

James Suckling Review
Rated 90
A fresh and crisp white with lemon, green-apple and chalk aromas and flavors. Clean and bright. Drink now.
A wine that encompasses freshness from start to finish, the Olema Sauvignon Blanc Val de Loire shows great aromatics of bright tropical fruit and green apple. On the palate, pineapple and citrus flavors carry through a mouth-tingling acidity laced with wintergreen and spearmint that carries through the long, zippy finish.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 13
  • Haha 3

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich.

And thanks to Debbie, Vanessa, Ann & Dixie.

I will happily celebrate all those deployed.  Bless them for protecting us all.  Today’s quote is cute but whom is very proper grammar in the appropriate places.  Today’s wine is white and sounds like it could be a really good one.  I’ll pass on today’s menu.  there’s a steak in the fridge which hasn’t been cooked yet so I best do it tonight before time runs out 😉 

Yesterday was busy - at least for weary me.  Bank, lawyer for my copy of the new will & the bill (of course), then the search for a new snow plow guy.  I think (hope) I have found a good one and snatched his last spot.  Appointments made for all the other dreary winter stuff - tires, vaccinations, etc.

IMG_1105.jpeg.68e98943759daf2abb71a8c048102184.jpeg

I’m not in the mood for winter at all.  Ugh.

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, worries & to all those that need them 🙏 And cheers to all those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1104.thumb.jpeg.0334ffc23caa96ca07dc6f38163c1ead.jpeg

Have a good Thursday everyone.

• Like 32
  • Haha 9

Good morning! We had a great dinner last night on our first dress up night. It was a set menu and we chose the Arctic Char over beef. Delicious. 
Back up a night. Our first night in Restaurant (MDR) Sue did not care for the spaghetti carbonara she had ordered and asked for another dish. After we had finished a food and beverage officer came to our table an apologized for the spaghetti. We stated no problem. He stated they would like to make up for it and what could we make you to make up for it. At first we said we’re fine but after they asked again are you sure I said OK we would like live Canadian lobster. He stated what would like with it! We thought nothing more about it until we entered the dining room last. Good evening Mr. & Mrs. would you like the same table as you did last night. We said sure. Then he said because tonight is a special dining event will be serving your lobster dinner tomorrow evening! Wow!

After dinner we went to the show which was a brand new show with the singer and dancers of theme songs from popular movies. What a fantastic show and cast is star quality entertainers.

We are just pulling in to Saguenay and we have told that it’s the Quest fiftieth visit and the town is going all out to welcome all 349 of us.

Time for coffee and to check out are welcoming party.

Thank for the reports. Bruce

image.thumb.png.afe2b6917bdf6bd733be63c5417acd95.pngimage.jpeg.ba439d86280751fb8f50d2f598bb60e9.jpegimage.jpeg.de05ffae4d6149585a700837af63f485.jpegimage.jpeg.6b7df27dd1410742ae1edee298ff60bc.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

Good Morning, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today promises to be another beautiful warm day.  I like a good piece of mincemeat pie but sadly can’t find it up here and I don’t recall seeing it at Shady Maple when we are there in the fall.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good for a cold day, I look forward to seeing what @dfish shares with us today.  A big thank you to everyone deployed protecting us all. @JazzyV I hope a solution is found to relieve your pain.

Wishing everyone a nice Thursday.

image.png.b317a090598950b7afbbf99f51327c38.png

• Like 29
  • Haha 2

Good Morning to all!  Thanks for the daily and fleet reports.  Don't like mincemeat, and I will gladly celebrate the deployed and horseless carriages!  Not sure I "get" the quote, soup sounds good, pass on the drink and wine, and never been to Scotland.  @JazzyV while I wish it was true, I don't leave on the Oosterdam until next year.  

Fun day yesterday; only 2 classes.  An expected package was supposed to be delivered yesterday, got the notification and a picture (it wasn't my door) so I submitted a claim.  2 hours later, it was dropped off in front of my gate.  Now I have to figure out how to cancel the claim.  Off to the gym and then subbing for HS math.

Thoughts for the entire world.  What a world we live in.  Cheers for those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 32

1 hour ago, seagarsmoker said:

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report!

Suzi is off today while I work. She will start packing as we leave early tomorrow morning flying to Ft Lauderdale. We will pick up my sister tomorrow night and leave on Saturday for our cruise. 🙂 

I probably won't be posting here until this weekend; however, I will be doing daily updates on our cruise on the daily thread. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! 046.thumb.JPG.2468b32c32386528aa9d495eeb6900bc.JPG

I hope you all have a fantastic cruise.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Supposed to be 80s today!  I tried wrapping and packing my rocks displayed on the sunporch edge but it was too hot yesterday, I’d better do it this morning. The realtor loved our apartment yesterday! Her enthusiasm is encouraging. She sending a photographer tomorrow so I need to clear the sunporch, kitchen counters, 2 baths and the guest room. At least there’s places we can put things to. It’ll all work!  
Still no approval letter from legal at the new place…. I’m working on surrendering the outcome. What will be will be, and we’ll be ok! 

Roy, thanks for update. Sorry for your difficulties. I hope the PET scan isn’t so uncomfortable and that it shows whatever needs to be known. DH’s PSA goes up a tic every 6 months or year and he may have to go back to the hormone blocks at some point. We just take it one step at a time.  But these four years since diagnosis have been very different than the four years before, no denying it but happy we’re still moving forward. 

Vanessa, I’m glad you have a care team interested in offering options. I may be developing these types of issues too. I’ve known for years that there are some physical mals in my spine, neck and lumbar, and have been able to heal disks without surgery which has been suggested many times including just last year. But recently I’ve been moving heavy boxes and noticing new leg pain though so far I’ve been able to find sleeping positions to alleviate it. Next will be NSAIDs. Hoping I can get through this move without serious damage.I’m certainly not walking well these days. At least I’ve slept better the last few nights 6-8 hrs which helps everything!  

Thinking of you all, sending out blessings for all the Cares, listed or not. And the messy sadness of our world!  

Smooth travels for our lucky cruisers. Thanks for the updates from Seaborne Bruce!  Enjoy being pampered!  I remember Celebrity having interesting flavored chocolates years ago, probably not any more. Haven’t been on that line for 10 years. 

I’ll try to check in later. Enjoy today!  
Onward!  M—

• Like 34

Good morning,

Rain rain rain. It will be a soggy week here. Good for my new grass seed I put down. I talked with DB yesterday. He will need six weeks of IV antibiotics after the amputation. He told me if all is well they hope to extubate Murphy and go to all CPAP by end of the week. Prayers that all goes well for both Murphy and DB. 

It is so sad what is happening around the world and in our own backyard. I pay for peace and the end to suffering. 

I am feeling good this morning with minimal effects from vaccines. I am sad to report that I tried the chicken rice soup with the milk and it was awful. I actually threw it out. I tasted it before adding milk and thought the brown rice made it taste like cardboard. Adding the milk made it worse.  Oh well, it is fun to try new things and they are not always hits. 

Now off to try to get Molly to go outside in the rain. This involves me standing outside in the rain insisting she got potty. 

Have a great day. 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good Thursday morning.   Deepest sympathy to the families of the dead and those affected in the Lewiston mass murder.   Let's hope law enforcement gets him soon.  

Thanks for the daily and fleet reports @richwmn.    We should celebrate our deployed each day and pray that we don't need to send them into battle any further than what they are.  Thanks for providing us extra insight into our days Graham.  A fun quote.   I have been binge watching last year's Gilded Age on Max and the quote fits perfectly for that show.   I look forward to the photos of Oban today, they make a whisky that I like and would love to visit sometime.  Today's soup will be another to put on the back burner for after Thanksgiving.  Today's cocktail looks fun for a hot day on a BHB and today's SB also looks like a winner.    

Prayers for Vanessa, I sure hope that you can get some relief for your back and leg pain.   @RMLincoln glad to hear the good report from your realtor and I hope that you hear back from the attorney at your new community pronto.   Prayers for Baby Murphy and her family, thanks for the update @cruising sister.  Prayers for healing for your DB.   Prayers for all in war zones - Israel, Ukraine and the innocents in Gaza.   Praying for the release of the hostages.   

Today is very warm for late October and rainy.    The new double oven was delivered by Costco already and the installation crew is coming between 3 and 4pm.  Communication with Costco has been seamless.  On top of that I have a Costco eye appointment at 2 pm.   I am running out of my dry eye drops so will need a new Rx.    Hopefully I don't hear I have cataracts or need glasses.  At this point I don't think so.  We have a cool sunny day before the weather turns on Saturday and I will get my tulips planted.  very easy because the soil is soft and I have a drill attachment to dig the holes.   Hardest part is what color to plant where.    Have a lovely Thursday.   Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a wet central Texas.  We got a lot of rain last night, and I slept through it.  DH's fancy rain gauge said we 1.69 inches and eyeballing my old fashioned rain gauge from a distance, it is showing almost 2 1/2 inches of rain. Whichever one is correct, it was enough that the roof leak dripped water onto the counter top and kitchen floor.  It is 67F and feels like 67F with 100% humidity and a dew point of 67F.  Our high is predicted to reach 81F.  It has started raining again, and could rain all day.  In fact, rain is predicted everyday except Saturday through Tuesday.  A cold front is headed our way, with Saturday's high predicted to be 44F.  In fact, we won't see 70F after Saturday until a week from Saturday.  That is more late November weather.

Today, neither of us are planning to go anywhere. I'll be keeping an eye on the brisket, making the sides and BBQ sauce while doing the laundry.  We also have a technician coming this afternoon to change our satellite tv receivers.  Ours are the first generation high definition receivers which are no longer supported, and they are beginning to be a pain to get to turn on.

Mincemeat is not something we keep in the house, but I used to make dessert around Christmas that used mincemeat and crushed pineapple. It was better than it sounds, but I haven't made it for 30 years.  Horseless Carriages really changed personal transportation.  I'll salute all the deployed service members and their families who miss them.

Today's quote made me smile, but I think it is inaccurate.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

Oban is another port in Scotland we have not visited.

Two interesting days in history.

@grapau27  Thank you, Graham, for the history behind National Day of the Deployed.  Also, thank you for including me in the list of contributors to the Daily.

@seagarsmoker  Safe travels tomorrow, and I hope you have a wonderful cruise for your anniversary.  What day is your anniversary?

@kazu  Welcome back to reality, Jacqui.  I think that's the worst part of a cruise.

@Nickelpenny  Penny, I'm glad you got your package.  Yesterday must have been the day for packages and letters going to the wrong address.  Our sweet neighbor brought our mail to us yesterday.  The funny thing is the "junk" mail was in our box.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, I'm sorry your are having back and leg pain too.  We found that Aspercreme helps and reduces the need for as many NSAIDs.  I hope the letter from legal arrives soon.

393803880_802119915048752_4556225333114663973_n.jpg.967aae287a7e7c045b78fc056f86a179.jpg

392935566_3758162317842205_3044351102201171339_n.thumb.jpg.7acfb462667f4d9b2468ce239efa3037.jpg

392946400_17979240119532870_4741138250158137523_n.thumb.jpg.26c52bd033f6932fa3b0bd5e5b518555.jpg

395249825_296195146679140_2090414207878415517_n.jpg.b11b864a52171acaf68924a3acae92e5.jpg

391612742_725710069589618_1139023084756740032_n.jpg.928add011bc6189854247be4ff936391.jpg

393257881_382188464134445_8409227861145390700_n.jpg.18be0188ec0233dcf96e1b17234c8c36.jpg

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 17

Good morning Daily-ites. 

The rain came in like a tornado this morning. Our yard is flooded and looks like we have a small pond. Oliver looked at me like I was crazy when I asked him to go outside.

We have been to Scotland several times. Love the country and especially the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. 

My mom used to bake mince pies when she owned our little restaurant in the town of Algonquin. The Cafe was packed with people waiting for her pies. 

God bless our deployed.

Vanessa how you keep up with all the illnesses, celebrations and cruisers is amazing. Thank you so much. Prayers for each and everyone on our Daily!

Just before bed last night we heard about the shooter in Maine. Such a tragedy. Prayers for Israel,  Ukraine and all innocents caught in the middle. 

I turned the calendar to look at November and yikes, bloodwork,  doctor appointment,  dental cleaning, Luggage pick up, cruise!

Wishing you a blessed day. Give someone your smile!

image.png.e542b7cf740d8816e65c067d093beba6.png

image.png.bf7c2f6e41df9414418657479d861bf4.png

• Like 22
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Today is National Mincemeat Day, Horseless Carriage Day, and National Day of the Deployed

As far as I'm concerned, 'whom' is a word that was invented to make everyone sound like a butler. - Calvin Trillin

Meal Suggestion for today - Turkey Wild Rice Soup
Drink of the Day - Hornitos Ranch Water
Wine of the Day - Olema Sauvignon Blanc Loire
Destination of the Day - Oban UK, Scotland

Today in History:
1850 Robert McClure sights the fabled Northwest Passage for the first time (from Banks Island towards Melville Island)
1863 Football Association forms in England, standardizing soccer, splitting with rugby

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Florida eta 10-28

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 10-28

Nieuw Amsterdam

Grand Turk Turks and Caicos, 0700-1300

Nieuw Statendam

Messina, Sicily 0700-1700

Noordam

Raiatea, French Polynesia 0700-1700

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Naples, Italy eta 10-27

Rotterdam

Oranjestad, Aruba 0800-2300

Zaandam

Coquimbo (La Serena), Chile 0700-1600

Zuiderdam

Chania, Crete 1100-2200

Eastern Hemisphere

Volendam

Savusavu, Fiji 0800-1700

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Yokohama, Japan eta 10-28

1026World.thumb.png.122555afc68b76617ca2f9782200070c.png

Thanks for the information.

• Like 13

41 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

Rain rain rain. It will be a soggy week here. Good for my new grass seed I put down. I talked with DB yesterday. He will need six weeks of IV antibiotics after the amputation. He told me if all is well they hope to extubate Murphy and go to all CPAP by end of the week. Prayers that all goes well for both Murphy and DB. 

It is so sad what is happening around the world and in our own backyard. I pay for peace and the end to suffering. 

I am feeling good this morning with minimal effects from vaccines. I am sad to report that I tried the chicken rice soup with the milk and it was awful. I actually threw it out. I tasted it before adding milk and thought the brown rice made it taste like cardboard. Adding the milk made it worse.  Oh well, it is fun to try new things and they are not always hits. 

Now off to try to get Molly to go outside in the rain. This involves me standing outside in the rain insisting she got potty. 

Have a great day. 

Lorraine, I'm sorry your DB will need such a long course of antibiotics after his surgery.  Sending positive thoughts that all goes well and that Murphy can be taken off the vent completely.  It's about time the family got a good break.  Too bad about the recipe.  I understand about standing in the rain waiting for a reluctant dog to do their business.  Our two dachshunds did not like rain and tried to stay under the eave of the house where it was a bit drier.  However, they would not set foot in snow when we would get our infrequent snow.

6 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites. 

The rain came in like a tornado this morning. Our yard is flooded and looks like we have a small pond. Oliver looked at me like I was crazy when I asked him to go outside.

We have been to Scotland several times. Love the country and especially the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. 

My mom used to bake mince pies when she owned our little restaurant in the town of Algonquin. The Cafe was packed with people waiting for her pies. 

God bless our deployed.

Vanessa how you keep up with all the illnesses, celebrations and cruisers is amazing. Thank you so much. Prayers for each and everyone on our Daily!

Just before bed last night we heard about the shooter in Maine. Such a tragedy. Prayers for Israel,  Ukraine and all innocents caught in the middle. 

I turned the calendar to look at November and yikes, bloodwork,  doctor appointment,  dental cleaning, Luggage pick up, cruise!

Wishing you a blessed day. Give someone your smile!

image.png.e542b7cf740d8816e65c067d093beba6.png

image.png.bf7c2f6e41df9414418657479d861bf4.png

Joy, we got a lot of rain from that same system, and our yard is flooded, too.  It is still coming down but not as hard as last night.  The grass needs mowing, but that will have to wait until it stops raining and dries out a bit.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 24