Grandeur getting ready

Fairgarth

This was at the Fincantieri shipyard in Ancona last week.  Looks good!  Grandeur on the left and the ship on the right not yet floated out is, I believe, Viking Vela.  I was familar with Fincantieri at Marghera (Venice) but did not realize that Fincantieri has eight shipyards, two naval and six civil.  Ironic really, Venice builds these huge ships, chases them away and says "don't come back".  One of the cranes was loading a lifeboat on board as we watched.

DSCN9333.thumb.JPG.21290ba4ac809671738ffdf655f3436e.JPGDSCN9308.thumb.JPG.2080e471c274555ed58f2f07601cf948.JPGDSCN9316.thumb.JPG.7ab0c01b9b4e24e7bdb0603ada313a2b.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Looking forward to your first impressions. We don’t sail Grandeur until 2025 but will do so vicariously through others for now. 

Georgia, we hope to be on Grandeur in '25, as well!  Caribbean (Mia-Mia), 14-nights in March.  Regards.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Camillus112 said:

Great!  There is a roll call if you care to join.

Already on roll call & you must of forgot that we've communicated with each other for months. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Camillus112 said:

We will see Grandeur up close and personal on December 14 (Caribbean)...can't wait!! 🛳️

I am on that cruise as well 

was originally booked on Explora  I  , switched quickly after the first day on her