Welcome gifts for diamond plus

George C

18 minutes ago, George C said:

Called rccl added a bottle of Kendal Jackson Chardonnay was surprised that a 6 pack of bud light which I didn’t see on the list is still valid so I got that also. 

Beer isn't on the published list. I wonder if they quietly expanded it to include beer.

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Beer isn't on the published list. I wonder if they quietly expanded it to include beer.

It used to be listed , we have been diamond then diamond plus for a long time , but they had it listed in my profile.

Our D+ gift a few weeks ago on Liberty was 3 toiletry bags. We (0ver 600 points) usually get 2 Cokes and 4 waters as well as a C&A gift but LA said no more Cokes unless we wanted to forgo the toiletry bags and get 4 Cokes instead...we also got 6 waters.

We aren't wine drinkers and have more than enough beach towels and tote bags to last a lifetime.

This just seemed a bit nit picky about the Cokes. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Our D+ gift a few weeks ago on Liberty was 3 toiletry bags. We (0ver 600 points) usually get 2 Cokes and 4 waters as well as a C&A gift but LA said no more Cokes unless we wanted to forgo the toiletry bags and get 4 Cokes instead...we also got 6 waters.

We aren't wine drinkers and have more than enough beach towels and tote bags to last a lifetime.

I would have liked another beach towel , we are in a full suite so we get water , side, beer wine all day . We have at least a dozen beach bags from lots of lines ,

4 hours ago, George C said:

I would have liked another beach towel , we are in a full suite so we get water , side, beer wine all day . We have at least a dozen beach bags from lots of lines ,

We were in an OS so perhaps the extra water was due to that but I was referring to what's in cabin as we don't usually go to the SL during the day. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We were in an OS so perhaps the extra water was due to that but I was referring to what's in cabin as we don't usually go to the SL during the day. 

Doesn’t surprise me I know you always got a liter of Evian also.

• Like 1

No more beach towels. We were on Serenade B2B. The first week, we received 4 large tote bags. I gave one to a couple that we met onboard and another to our room steward for his mom. We don't need that many tote bags. 

I went and talked to the Loyalty Ambassador. On week 2 we received the tote bag that folds into another bag. We received something else too, but I don't remember what it was. I had asked for truffles, but it wasn't that. 

And the water bottles just seem to be variable. I had a link to the most recent list, but I can't seem to find it. Here is an article that includes the most recent list: https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-caribbean-makes-major-updates-for-loyal-guests/95416

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Ashland said:

Times have changed. The welcome aboard beverages (which previously could have included Coke at D and beer at D+) are now all just water.  If you want Coke, you either need to select a 6 pack of Coke as your one of you D+ amenities or use your D voucher at a bar for a can of Coke or carry  up to 12 Cokes from home.

I checked…the D+ amenity option is a 6 pack of soda.  See link below.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/cas-amenities-feb-2023.pdf

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Times have changed. The welcome aboard beverages (which previously could have included Coke at D and beer at D+) are now all just water.  If you want Coke, you either need to select a 4 pack of Coke as your one of you D+ amenities or use your D voucher at a bar for a can of Coke or carry  up to 12 Cokes from home.

Thank you - some have confusion about the welcome aboard beverages (now just a few bottles of water) and the C&A tier amenity list. 

M

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

No more beach towels. We were on Serenade B2B. The first week, we received 4 large tote bags. I gave one to a couple that we met onboard and another to our room steward for his mom. We don't need that many tote bags. 

I went and talked to the Loyalty Ambassador. On week 2 we received the tote bag that folds into another bag. We received something else too, but I don't remember what it was. I had asked for truffles, but it wasn't that. 

And the water bottles just seem to be variable. I had a link to the most recent list, but I can't seem to find it. Here is an article that includes the most recent list: https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-caribbean-makes-major-updates-for-loyal-guests/95416

Do you have a picture of the tote bag?  We usually get wine but I’m thinking of changing it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thank you - some have confusion about the welcome aboard beverages (now just a few bottles of water) and the C&A tier amenity list. 

M

Yes, it is easy to confuse those gifts, especially for those of us who have been receiving D+ gifts for years.

2 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Yes, it is easy to confuse those gifts, especially for those of us who have been receiving D+ gifts for years.

And to make to more confusing, many YEARS AGO ( 20 or  more), there actually were welcome aboard gifts provided to passengers. I don't recall if it was all returning passengers, or those at a certain level.  Items such as toiletry bags, photo frames, tote bags, fanny packs (cross body bags😀), hats, then there were snack baskets/boxes. It was not something one could select but a standard gift given to all eligible.  Some used to complain about the gift (didn't want what was the current gift, didn't like it etc.) so RCCL got rid of the complaining by eliminating all the welcome gifts.   

Is this something you recall? 

M

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

And to make to more confusing, many YEARS AGO ( 20 or  more), there actually were welcome aboard gifts provided to passengers. I don't recall if it was all returning passengers, or those at a certain level.  Items such as toiletry bags, photo frames, tote bags, fanny packs (cross body bags😀), hats, then there were snack baskets/boxes. It was not something one could select but a standard gift given to all eligible.  Some used to complain about the gift (didn't want what was the current gift, didn't like it etc.) so RCCL got rid of the complaining by eliminating all the welcome gifts.   

Is this something you recall? 

M

Yes, I remember those gifts and the snack boxes.  I never complained, though at the time we had more hats than we needed, lol. I think we still have have a couple of the hats.  

I think those hats were a very good investment by RCI.  We often wore them  while doing yard work and such.  Over the years at each of our homes neighbors who know we are cruise enthusiasts also likely also know that Royal Caribbean is a favorite cruiseline.  They are less likely to know the cruiseline we sailed a lot back then that did not give us that wearable swag.  Those hats lead to many conversations about our Royal Caribbean cruises.  It was probably the cheapest, longest advertising Royal Caribbean ever purchased.  

I think Royal Caribbean should try to  inexpensively plant it’s logo on the heads and backs and living rooms (as hats, t-shirts, collectable coasters, etc) of it’s most loyal cruisers.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Times have changed. The welcome aboard beverages (which previously could have included Coke at D and beer at D+) are now all just water.  If you want Coke, you either need to select a 6 pack of Coke as your one of you D+ amenities or use your D voucher at a bar for a can of Coke or carry  up to 12 Cokes from home.

I checked…the D+ amenity option is a 6 pack of soda.  See link below.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/cas-amenities-feb-2023.pdf

Not sure when this changed but my Jan 2023 was the same and didn't see this change until our Oct 2023 cruise. Just surprised that a change was made in the same year.

Look to ebay for lots of logo items. Most, if not all, were free to the cruiser. Hats, T's, tote bags towels pins and much more. Many items from the Presidents cruise as well.  My favorite is the $39.99 President's cruise cowboy hat.  That seller has numerous items for sale and looks to be financing his/her next President's cruise.  😀

M

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Look to ebay for lots of logo items. Most, if not all, were free to the cruiser. Hats, T's, tote bags towels pins and much more. Many items from the Presidents cruise as well.  My favorite is the $39.99 President's cruise cowboy hat.  That seller has numerous items for sale and looks to be financing his/her next President's cruise.  😀

M

If you were referring to my post, I wonder if you were intentionally missing my point about logo items.  I’m not going to look for them on eBay.

Edited by Starry Eyes

54 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

What's wrong with having a side hustle?

10 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:
3 hours ago, nyer said:

DH and I made D+ on our last cruise, so I am new to all this.   Do you get a bottle of wine plus a gift plus a snack item, or do you choose one of those things on the list of amenties?

TIA

If you look at the link posted above, you may select one gift from the appropriate point column. New D+ only get one. You will also probably receive an unknown number of water bottles, and maybe a snack on formal night. 

Edited by Coralc