Need advice! Which would you go on?!

Jkeirsten1

I'm looking at 2 different cruises which would you prefer? And why? 

Carnival Glory out of New Orleans built in 2003 itinerary includes Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel

Or

Carnival Jubilee out of Galveston built in 2023 itinerary includes Mahogany Bay, Costa Maya and Cozumel

Both are around the same price and both ports are about 3 hours from home. 

If you have a review in the Carnival Glory please don't hesitate to let me know

6 minutes ago, Jkeirsten1 said:

Carnival Glory out of New Orleans built in 2003 itinerary includes Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel

Or

Carnival Jubilee out of Galveston built in 2023 itinerary includes Mahogany Bay, Costa Maya and Cozumel

Both are around the same price and both ports are about 3 hours from home. 

If you have a review in the Carnival Glory please don't hesitate to let me know

Are both cruises the same length?  What time of year?

3 minutes ago, Jkeirsten1 said:

Glory is 7 days, Jubilee is 8 days around March/April

Will be for a "Babymoon" before I give birth in June. I will be with my husband and 1 year old son. 

I'm firmly in the "longer is better" camp.  So I'd be looking at the 8 night one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jkeirsten1 said:

Glory is 7 days, Jubilee is 8 days around March/April

Will be for a "Babymoon" before I give birth in June. I will be with my husband and 1 year old son. 

Another very useful board for anyone traveling with kids is the Family Cruises board (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/28-family-cruises/) for excellent advice.  Our daughter used it on their first cruise with an almost 1 year old eight years ago.  I still check it before we cruise with our 2 granddaughters (almost 9 and 4).

• Like 1

I'd choose Jubilee, because it's a brand new ship (it starts sailing from Galveston next month) with all the latest Carnival has to offer. You might want to review the deck plans and various venues available on each ship from Carnival's website.

Edited by mamiamjo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jkeirsten1 said:

Am a little surprised that nobody has suggested you look at the ports to help you decide. Would all of them be new to you or would some be repeats which you are happy to revisit?

Noting Montego Bay is a stop on one of the two, Having ported in both MB and Ocho Rios, we would stay onboard rather than revisit either one and some CCers may offer input on some of the other ports you listed.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mamiamjo said:

I'd choose Jubilee, because it's a brand new ship (it starts sailing from Galveston next month) with all the latest Carnival has to offer. You might want to review the deck plans and various venues available on each ship from Carnival's website.

👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

13 minutes ago, CruzDayz said:

What are the dates for the eight day cruises on the Jubilee? I see eight days on the Dream, but only seven days on the Jubilee. Easy choice for me. New ship. 

I'm sorry I just realized I was looking at the wrong one they're both 7 days

• Like 1

Guess I'm looking at this different, for you I would pick the Glory for me Jubilee.

I was recently on the Celebration which is a sister ship to the Jubilee and it was the best ship and cruise I have been on. So much to do, to see, to eat, to drink. A lot of that will be limited with a 1 year old to care for.

Or you could just toss a coin lol.