LIVE with Georgia Peaches on the Brand NEW Ascent...B2B November 22-29 Pre-Pre-Maiden Voyage!

Georgia_Peaches

Lunch in Luminae was nice. The space is large and not as intimate as I remember on S class ships. Our server and sommelier were both very attentive and the food was tasty. I had the fish and DH had the signature burger. We toasted this second leg with a bourbon and peaches signature cocktail.
I’ve whiled away the afternoon with a book on one of the Freddy Kruger loungers on the retreat sun deck. It’s overcast and slightly cool in FLL. Just another embarkation day… different faces. 
image.thumb.png.79ddb7386088f3c28cfc09f6350c0cb7.png

IMG_6304.jpeg

IMG_6303.jpeg

IMG_6302.jpeg

IMG_6299.jpeg

IMG_6298.jpeg

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 10
  • Haha 11

51 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, the sky suite has the full length mirror with the desk that slides in. Not sure why the other cabins do not. 

Is that the only full length mirror in the cabin? Could that be the reason?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Freddy Kruger loungers

I was wondering where you were going with that since the loungers weren't initially in view on my computer but Freddy was. It's literally the same print and colors!

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

I was wondering where you were going with that since the loungers weren't initially in view on my computer but Freddy was. It's literally the same print and colors!

Right?!  The print is almost exact. What were they thinking?!  Lol. Very comfortable, though. 

GP, I think Celebrity added two stair-climbers and took away the rowing machines.  I still love rowing, but also love stair-climbers; however, to have both is wonderful for a short workout.  

Your lunch looked lovely, especially the fish for a more healthier option...glad you had your favorite drink too, or least one of your favorites!🥃  Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your cruise.  Do you embark on Friday, Dec. 1?  if so, I will be glaring at Ascent for taking T25 from Beyond, as I will be boarding!🍸 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

food and drink look great but those loungers are hideous..looks like Celebrity hit a close out furniture store..like where they must get alot of their junky chairs!

glad they did not impede your relaxtion but def anti ZEN!

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:
I’ve whiled away the afternoon with a book on one of the Freddy Kruger loungers on the retreat sun deck. It’s overcast and slightly cool in FLL. Just another embarkation day… different faces. 
image.thumb.png.79ddb7386088f3c28cfc09f6350c0cb7.png

IMG_6304.jpeg

I will never unsee this 😂😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, blueslily said:

Awesome, thanks so much for sharing and letting your sons know how valuable your video and information is.

Question: was it noisy when thr Magic Carpet was above you. I would guess that when you had your window open, you could hear the sounds from above. Just my guess.

Thanks!

I never noticed the magic carpet being heavily trafficked or noisy. Kinda wondered what the point of it is. I imagine a Celebrity board room where some creative type has a cool idea to have an elevator-bar that goes up and down the side of the ship, serving drinks and picking up and dropping off people with a killer view of the ocean, up and down, up and down all day. nnnn-tssss nnnn-tssss nnnn-tssss. A BAR, but also an ELEVATOR. Can't ever have too many of either, right? It probably got greenlit originally this way by the execs. Then the lawyers got involved. And then maybe also the suits that regulate bars and alcohol. One by one they took away each little cool aspect of it piece by piece until we're left with a hugely expensive, over-engineered orange monstrosity that hangs out over the ocean but doesn't really do much for anyone other than need to be cleared out whenever you happen to want to hang out there so it can go from exactly one upper floor (14) to exactly one lower floor (5) and vice versa. I tried to order a martini there and they didn't even have martini glasses. And I am NOT paying for a martini in any other geometric shape than a triangle. It's just not the same. Not when you have bartenders in the Grand Plaza that do fancy flippy tricks when they make martinis....

Anyway. I don't have any insider knowledge. I don't want to start any rumors about the Magic Carpet. That's just what occured to me as I investigated this thing trying to figure the whole thing out. It's cute, but kind of pointless. No, its not going to be noisy. Like, ever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ladyjade3 said:

I never noticed the magic carpet being heavily trafficked or noisy. Kinda wondered what the point of it is. I imagine a Celebrity board room where some creative type has a cool idea to have an elevator-bar that goes up and down the side of the ship, serving drinks and picking up and dropping off people with a killer view of the ocean, up and down, up and down all day. nnnn-tssss nnnn-tssss nnnn-tssss. A BAR, but also an ELEVATOR. Can't ever have too many of either, right? It probably got greenlit originally this way by the execs. Then the lawyers got involved. And then maybe also the suits that regulate bars and alcohol. One by one they took away each little cool aspect of it piece by piece until we're left with a hugely expensive, over-engineered orange monstrosity that hangs out over the ocean but doesn't really do much for anyone other than need to be cleared out whenever you happen to want to hang out there so it can go from exactly one upper floor (14) to exactly one lower floor (5) and vice versa. I tried to order a martini there and they didn't even have martini glasses. And I am NOT paying for a martini in any other geometric shape than a triangle. It's just not the same. Not when you have bartenders in the Grand Plaza that do fancy flippy tricks when they make martinis....

Anyway. I don't have any insider knowledge. I don't want to start any rumors about the Magic Carpet. That's just what occured to me as I investigated this thing trying to figure the whole thing out. It's cute, but kind of pointless. No, its not going to be noisy. Like, ever.

It's an awesome tender area as well.

• Like 1

Top 10 highlights from me:

10.  The free charm necklace from Effy

9. Chateaubriand

8. Plunge pools and champagne glass hot tubs

7. Jorge at the Oceanside Cafe

6. Raspberry cheesecake at the bistro

5. The service/staff

4. the buffet in general

3. the croissants in the buffet

2. The theater show "Awaken"

1. The jogging track

I'll expound in my full review which I will post soon. Will also add top negatives. Overall, this was the best cruise of my life. Too many awesome things to name them all.

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, ladyjade3 said:

It’s an additional bar on upper decks during sea days. It’s outdoor seating for Raw on 5. The best tendering operation at sea hands down. Excellent viewing for watching the pilot boat unload the pilot directly below. The list goes on…

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, ladyjade3 said:

Top 10 highlights from me:

10.  The free charm necklace from Effy

9. Chateaubriand

8. Plunge pools and champagne glass hot tubs

7. Jorge at the Oceanside Cafe

6. Raspberry cheesecake at the bistro

5. The service/staff

4. the buffet in general

3. the croissants in the buffet

2. The theater show "Awaken"

1. The jogging track

I'll expound in my full review which I will post soon. Will also add top negatives. Overall, this was the best cruise of my life. Too many awesome things to name them all.

I love love Cheesecake! Was it really good in the Bistro? Is that a paid restaurant? 

6 minutes ago, rowval said:

I love love Cheesecake! Was it really good in the Bistro? Is that a paid restaurant? 

I'm referring to the little coffee shop by the grand plaza (the atrium) and the pastries are FREE FREE FREE. The raspberry cheesecake was a religious experience proving that God wants us all to be happy. So LIGHT and not too sweet. Just perfect in every way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Word to the wise, I’ve banged my head on this light fixture…twice!

IMG_6316.jpeg

Sorry you hit your head on this way-too-low pendant.

It looks as if the pillow covers must still be in transit ?!?

Along with the barstools.

I'm not crazy about the design statement being made (or Not) in the lounge.

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

It’s an additional bar on upper decks during sea days. It’s outdoor seating for Raw on 5. The best tendering operation at sea hands down. Excellent viewing for watching the pilot boat unload the pilot directly below. The list goes on…

Did I hit a nerve?