Suite lounge should be renamed Pinnacle lounge on harmony

George C

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Of all the things I wish Royal would do... I wish dress codes were more stringently enforced. 😛

I been cruising since mid 1970’s back then men had a suite and jacket and a tie every night, I had a a tux from mid 80’s to a few years ago  , wife would never want me to wear shorts a T-shirts like so many wear now . 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, George C said:

I been cruising since mid 1970’s back then men had a suite and jacket and a tie every night, I had a a tux from mid 80’s to a few years ago  , wife would never want me to wear shorts a T-shirts like so many wear now . 

This is just at night at the suite lounge, correct?  How do you feel about people grabbing a coffee in the am in the concierge and/or suite lounges in shorts and t-shirts?  I understand at night (although prefer to be more casual especially in Caribbean minus bathing suit, hat and tank top).

• Like 4

4 hours ago, George C said:

That must have been terribly uncomfortable.😉☺️

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

This is just at night at the suite lounge, correct?  How do you feel about people grabbing a coffee in the am in the concierge and/or suite lounges in shorts and t-shirts?  I understand at night (although prefer to be more casual especially in Caribbean minus bathing suit, hat and tank top).

Yes definitely just at night , but never saw rccl question any passengers in suite lounge . I was questioned in suite restaurant on celebrity because my shirt didn’t have a collar and this was for breakfast 😁. Our favorite restaurant- bar in Dallas does allow shorts even when outside temperature is a hundred plus and doesn’t allow ball caps. 

• Like 2

Unless something has really changed in the recent months, I find this has never been a big problem in the suite lounge.  It seems that for traditional dining, there is always a rush just prior to seating. But if I'm dining at off times (either my time, suite, or specialty), then we easily walk in and find a table.

Is this still the case? Or are people finding the suite lounge to constantly be busy?

40 minutes ago, George C said:

Yes definitely just at night , but never saw rccl question any passengers in suite lounge . I was questioned in suite restaurant on celebrity because my shirt didn’t have a collar and this was for breakfast 😁. Our favorite restaurant- bar in Dallas does allow shorts even when outside temperature is a hundred plus and doesn’t allow ball caps. 

Onboard the Symphony...in the suite lounge, we've seen...tank tops and caps during happy hour, gym shorts/shirts/caps for lunch at CK, and this morning, a lady was wearing her pajamas during breakfast at CK...she looked beautiful according to my wife.

I no longer have any issues on how people dress...too old to worry about the small stuff.

Back in the day, I remember being denied entrance to the MDR when I was wearing a tank top. I also remember a concierge on Celebrity politely whispering in my ear (genuinely a class act), to tell me shorts were'nt allowed.

For many years, I used to wear a tuxedo...nice formal photos. I stopped wearing formal clothes when: Flying made it difficult to pack clothes and when the grandkids said: "Grandpa, why are you wearing the same thing on all your pictures?".:classic_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Unless something has really changed in the recent months, I find this has never been a big problem in the suite lounge.  It seems that for traditional dining, there is always a rush just prior to seating. But if I'm dining at off times (either my time, suite, or specialty), then we easily walk in and find a table.

Is this still the case? Or are people finding the suite lounge to constantly be busy?

First night suite lounge was standing room only for some, last night it wasn’t bad, seems like suite lounge is smaller on harmony compared to oasis and allure , bar is less than half the size with only 5 or 6 chairs, area for snacks is also half the size. 

2 minutes ago, George C said:

First night suite lounge was standing room only for some, last night it wasn’t bad, seems like suite lounge is smaller on harmony compared to oasis and allure , bar is less than half the size with only 5 or 6 chairs, area for snacks is also half the size. 

Are Pins being restricted to the top 30?

6 minutes ago, George C said:

I thought that’s what concierge said but it seemed to me that there were no restrictions on first night , second day it wasn’t that crowded.

First night in CK is typically the filet mignon which is a very popular night which could be why SL was overly crowded.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

There are Pinns that sail in suites.

Thanks!  We sail in full suites as well.   It actually makes me laugh that they have this mindset that they think all Pinnies sail in inside cabins.  I will wear my pin just to annoy them...and it works!!  😄 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  We sail in full suites as well.   It actually makes me laugh that they have this mindset that they think all Pinnies sail in inside cabins.  I will wear my pin just to annoy them...and it works!!  😄 

We would do the same if we were Pinnies. BTW, did you ever where yours on our March 2022 Explorer cruise? Obviously if you did I didn't see it. More interested in the person and conversation. 

Edited by doghog

8 minutes ago, Morecruisesplz said:

This proves everyone's point about pinny mindset. Why do something to annoy others. Try being nice!

I can't speak for Pat , but knowing Pat, I took her post only to be a tongue n cheek remark. 🤣

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Morecruisesplz said:

This proves everyone's point about pinny mindset. Why do something to annoy others. Try being nice!

Sorry @island lady that I took the post literally. We don’t know each other but a couple of members whom I have come to appreciate for being level headed  have pointed out my error regarding your tongue-in-cheek post. My bad! 😞

• Like 2

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

First night in CK is typically the filet mignon which is a very popular night which could be why SL was overly crowded.

But almost everyone in suite lounge that first night had that gold pin. I want to add that we have had lots of great conversations with pinnacles , I just think suites lounge should be about suites. Second night hardly any.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Morecruisesplz said:

Sorry @island lady that I took the post literally. We don’t know each other but a couple of members whom I have come to appreciate for being level headed  have pointed out my error regarding your tongue-in-cheek post. My bad! 😞

But that kind of proves another point, that occasional suite guests are not in the cliques with the pins and don't have that level of personal info to figure it out. All they (we) see are a bunch of pins holding court in the lounge. It's not like we're going to say, "oh, they're cool, we'll come back later when some seats open up." (Although the pins and the crew would be happy if we did.)

Let's flip it and call it the Pinnacle Lounge where suite guests are welcome on a space-available basis. Seems fair since the pins have "earned" it. Long story short there is a capacity issue on a vessel with limited capacity. They can't make everyone happy so something has to give.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doghog said:

We would do the same if we were Pinnies. BTW, did you ever where yours on our March 2022 Explorer cruise? Obviously if you did I didn't see it. More interested in the person and conversation. 

Not very often.  Mostly we wear it to events (embarkation, top tier event, Pinnacle lunch...etc.) and will wear them at night during dressier dinners, cocktails.  I tend to wear mine more than your bro.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, doghog said:

I can't speak for Pat , but knowing Pat, I took her post only to be a tongue n cheek remark. 🤣

And you indeed know me very well.  Having a sense of humor, IMHO, is what makes life fun....and your bro has one in droves...which is one of the biggest reasons why I married him.  I told my Dad when I introduced him that "I would never be bored with him around Dad".    😄 

And is also one of the reasons you two and we clicked together when we first met you both.  As they say...Laughter is the best medicine.  

And you can be nice....and still have a sense of humor.  Too many people just don't get it.  😉 

I won't go quietly into the end.  🤡

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe try seeing the humor in the post. I think you would find that she is very nice.

Awww...thanks OB.   And yes,  I have enjoyed your posts for years now...and in fact you have helped me with some hurdles I faced a few times.  Loving your sense of humor and being nice as well.  🙂 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

But almost everyone in suite lounge that first night had that gold pin. I want to add that we have had lots of great conversations with pinnacles , I just think suites lounge should be about suites. Second night hardly any.

That is actually common for first nights on all ships, be it steak night in CK...or the DL, or SL, or CL (though now we have 2 CLs?  😉 ).   

Pinnies that are not in full suites are starting to be excluded from the SL/CL (the old concierge lounge).   It happened years ago with Diamonds being kicked out of the concierge lounges...then over the last few months...the D+ were kicked out.  Now...the new Crown Lounge/Old DL  is restricting Diamonds during happy hour.  

IMHO...the C&A program is becoming a monster, and is a victim of it's own popularity...and over population in general.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 6