Did Ben & Jerry's get removed off Liberty of the Seas

20 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Yeah, they should do a regional thing. Put Tillamook on sailings out is Seattle and Braums out of Texas. I don’t know what Ice Cream is a Florida ice cream but whatever it is choose that. Ben and Jerry’s is very very average for an over priced ice cream. 

Keep in mind food is very subjective. Personally I love Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. I assume others feel the same way since more often than not there are decent lines there when it is open. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Btank said:

Braums?  BRAUMS?!  Son, we need to talk. 🤪

https://www.bluebell.com/

--bruce T.

I'm a blue bell fan too.  I've got a friend just outside of OKC that got me hooked on both.  Blue Bell when I'm buying it at the store.  Braums when I'm going out for a cone... How does that sound 🙂 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 5:02 PM, GeorgiaGuys said:

I would expect this to be a source of revenue for RC, not an expense.

Maybe, and I don't know this for sure, but the profit margin wasn't large enough as Ben and Jerry's isn't a bargain basement brand.

On 12/3/2023 at 6:15 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

It could also have been Ben and Jerry that did not renew the contract, nothing to say it was Royal that did not renew. 

That could be very true if some or a lot of Ben and Jerry's contract renewal terms weren't accepted by RCCL.  

On 12/7/2023 at 11:16 AM, HicksRA said:

They’ll probably take it out and install an ICEE machine with a $5 a cup charge… 😉

That wouldn't surprise me.  But, don't say it too loudly, it may be considered a suggestion and adopted by RCCL.  Shhhhhhhhh  image.thumb.png.f3f2665cec4cf75c189901e518353e8f.png

Basically, I feel that Ben and Jerry's wouldn't want to lose the large revenue stream that RCCL provides.  I don't think they would drop RCCL without a very good reason(s).  I can think of many reasons why RCCL would drop Ben and Jerry's though. But, we don't know why and probably will never know unless one or both companies decide to make a press release about it, and I wouldn't count on that being a tell-all either and/or fully truthful.

I can confirm that Ben & Jerry’s is gone from Freedom.  It is now a generic ice cream store front.  I cannot tell whether it is actually open for business but my guess is that it has not yet reopened.  The cows are gone from aloft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I can confirm that Ben & Jerry’s is gone from Freedom.  It is now a generic ice cream store front.  I cannot tell whether it is actually open for business but my guess is that it has not yet reopened.  The cows are gone from aloft.

I wonder if that means they are going to start charging extra for their tasteless no-name ice cream that they provide in the Windjammer and the MDR.

11 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Weird that the app still lists a B&J with times.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mets123 said:

Changing the app is something that their IT department would do. And we all know how bad their IT staff is.

Off topic, but, IT departments do nothing without being directed to by their business and it's product managers.   After working in IT for 30+ years, I can assure that Product Management believes in the word "Automagically".   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sizzlechest said:

Not anymore. They're nothing special. The ice cream on the Oasis was WAY better than anything sold from Ben & Jerry's on the Liberty.

That has not been my experience, even recently. I still find their ice cream to be excellent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

Yep, it also says that B&Js will be replaced with RCCL's in-house brand of "ice cream".  I sure hope it's better than their soft serve which, as far as I'm concerned, is nothing more than ice milk.  I'll be on Harmony in January, I'll give it a try.  Sure hope I'm wrong, I love ice cream.