The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday, December 25th, 2023

kazu

Good morning, everyone!

21ocsb.jpg.37f70df8acf10be821e4f0a81b0e3a36.jpg

We  will  have a traditional Christmas dinner with turkey and all the fixings.  My favorite part of the dinner is dressing and gravy. But turkey is right up there!   

20231123_210833736_iOS.thumb.jpg.8e424793db86198ad40861029133ae7f.jpg                

Share pictures of your favorite dish and, if you wish, include the recipe!

Wishing you all a wonderful day!                                                                                                                                           

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate! Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Cooking a roast in the crock pot today. Spending today with my sister and fur babies. Love pumpkin pie. Today we will take Fancy for a walk in the park. Then it is home to relax and listen to Christmas music. 

Happy birthday to @ger_77!

Thinking of all on the care list

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day.

image.png.3f4d6a1584e810d85d4519a5dc808763.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate and thanks to those who keep this thread going.

Though I don’t post much I come visit on most days,  love the memes and the travel photos and send positive thoughts to all.

This is a rare green Christmas for us and Covid canceled my sisters Christmas Eve  gathering but the kids and the little Grands will come today for Christmas dinner. It will be crazy but fun!  

Have a safe and happy day everyone!!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

A happy Christmas to everyone who celebrates it, and a pleasant day to those who don't. I don't have a favorite dish for Christmas Day, but as it's (Meatless) Monday I'll nominate a five-bean soup that takes half the day to cook, because one of the beans is chickpeas. The recipe uses five beans that all have different cooking times, so that the chickpeas are barely done when the lentils have almost disappeared.

I'm not sure about the cocktail, if it is a cocktail and not tea. The principal grapes in the wine aren't grown here, so I'll counter with Lucas Baco Noir. I'll be at Basseterre in just under three weeks.

whichbrownies.thumb.jpg.b8354d725d8ffad8604e6d9b5de78b6a.jpg

• Like 14
  • Haha 16

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Berry Burst cocktail:

1 part. DeKuyper® Pucker® Raspberry Schnapps ; 1 part. Pinnacle® Original Vodka ; 1 part. Lime Juice ; 1 splash. Lemon-Lime Soda.

Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 6.43.48 AM.png

Last time I had this drink was at the PG with the Tomahawk Steak!

I changed the name to a Belly Burst!

• Like 11
  • Haha 9

IMG_8772.jpeg.a9b20f90a7a7b95f932b2a1b706309ec.jpeg

My niece is vacationing in the Azores; she sent the family stone crab claws from her home in Florida for us to enjoy last night.  We also had raw oysters, oysters Rockefeller, shrimp scampi, lasagna and a Yule log.  Today we will have ham with the traditional fixings.  I am always asked to bring Mac & cheese.  I use Emeril’s recipe. https://www.emerils.com/126572/macaroni-four-cheeses

Big football game tonight!IMG_8763.jpeg.30a5730500c7bd09ceeee6ee72096286.jpeg

Thank you to all who post on the Daily. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate. It will be a quiet day for DH and me today. We started our celebrations on Saturday at my friend Elaine’s 80th birthday party. Yesterday we were with one DD and DSIL’s family, tomorrow old friends stop by for apps and drinks and Wednesday we are together with both DDs and families. The menu will be traditional-turkey, stuffing, parsnips and carrots, homemade cranberry sauce. Tiramisu for dessert. 

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/saut-ed-parsnips-and-carrots-with-honey-and-rosemary Is my parsnip and carrots recipe, probably my most requested recipe. If taking somewhere I don’t totally finish cooking  it in the pan but place it in the slow cooker on low both to cook the vegetables thru and to keep it hot. Sorry to those who don’t like carrots!

Prayers for all not feeling well or grieving. Here’s hoping everyone has a blessed day. We are having a green and soggy Christmas but the spirit is there.

Edited by superoma
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good morning. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate. 

MerryChristmas.thumb.jpg.992a6f5e329e710ab14c68d2cdb3ff10.jpg

No pumpkin pie here today. And not my traditional dinner of Sauerbraten, spaetzle and red cabbage. BFF is making a chicken dish. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to today's port. 2 good days in history.

It's cloudy and 45F. I slept about 4 hours, which is a bit of an improvement. BFF is still sleeping, so presents haven't been opened yet. Probably this afternoon, before dinner.

@kazu Thanks for posting today's FR/Daily.

@ger_77 Happy Birthday!

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad DGD is there in the embrace of family. Thanks for the port photos. 

@Crazy For Cats Oy on the middle of the night smoke alarm chirping.

@Nickelpenny Thanks for sharing photos from the ship.

@cat shepard Nice family photos. Enjoy today with your nephew and safe travels tomorrow.

@Cruzin Terri I hope you're feeling better today. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those Celebrating.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good Monday morning Dailyites!  Merry Christmas!  And as Roy said, if not celebrating, then celebrate the fact that traffic is less.  Or have a Festivus, for the rest of us. 

We went to dinner at 5 last night, yes it was early, but we had late breakfast, and no lunch, so an early dinner was a good idea.  Except that they closed at 6 last night.  They did serve us, and then the staff sat and watched us eat.  The main meal was served before the appetizer, and that put DH over the edge.  They were just anxious to get off, and enjoy the holiday.  Last year, and the year before, they were open until midnight.  Even the bar next door had closed.  

Today is Chinese for lunch.  We used to try to eat at a rather popular Chinese restaurant, and the wait was forever.  Then we tried a hole in the wall place, that we thought was just right.  Food made fresh in front of you, and the menu is extensive!  Turns out it is a chain, but we dont care.  It's called Half Moon, and how can you go wrong going to Half Moon?  Their egg fu yung is fabulous, and DH gets something "Special" every time we go.  And we go with our neighbor.  So it's always a bit of a party.

We are catching up with the movie watching, last night  it was The Holiday, and yesterday afternoon it was White Christmas.  This afternoon it will probably be Holiday Inn, and Scrooged.

It is raining quite heavily now, as it was at 5 this morning when I awoke with leg cramps,  the skies are dark, and temperature is 56. 

Bubbles left the comfort of the porch two days ago.  I had put antibiotic cream on his wounds, but he did not come back until late last night.  Again I put the antibiotic cream on the wounds, and closed the door.  This morning I gave him one of the soups in a sack, and he seemed happy with that. I need to get him healthy.  But after finding the large part of a deer skull, I do realize that there are wild bigger beasts in the hood.  

Have a wonderful day every one, whether on land or sea!  And hug yourselves for me from me, because you are the best part of my day, the best part of my life, and you are all wonderful people.!  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2