New Princess App available

iamaqt2

On 1/15/2024 at 2:58 PM, shiner6 said:

Thank you very much! I have been going crazy trying to do this!  Now, how do you make specialty dinner reservations without being charged if you have the premier package?

I had to phone in my premier specialty dinning reservations. Mainly because we wanted to dine with another couple with a table for four. Even then I had to use all four of my credits for one night, and their four credits for the other night.  That should be simple to do on-line, but I could not.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 11:59 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

Amendment:  I want to thank the poster that recommended using a pre-paid card.  I have been searching my home for such a card.  Finally found a digital one for $5.  Applied it to my shoreside account. 

Accepted and still 7 out of 7.  

Brilliant.  

If that's the case one could ostensibly get a prepaid Walgreens Visa card for $10 ($3.95 to activate & $6.05 balance), enter that for shoreside, & the 'real' Visa for onboard?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

If that's the case one could ostensibly get a prepaid Walgreens Visa card for $10 ($3.95 to activate & $6.05 balance), enter that for shoreside, & the 'real' Visa for onboard?

I had thought about that but was unwilling to lose money for Princess.  I knew I had an unspent class action suite claim digital card somewhere in the house.  It took me a full day, but I found it.  

It worked.  Now, will it work for my cabin mate?  Will I be able to use this registered card on my account to list it on hers?

• Like 1

So far (my issues with new app):

Can't order medallion without being charged $10 for shipping when I have the Plus Package.

Can't remove orders that I clicked on without having to call Princess and have them order it, then cancel the order (to reset ordering form).

Can't make specialty dining reservations far out.

App takes a long time to open

Defaults to using credit card on file to "register" for shoreside. If you don't do this step, you are returned to 6/7 completed.  Defaults to shoreside.  No way to avoid this.  You would think you would have to OPT ...in

Stock Perks (not part of app...but maybe it should have been) is complicated and intrusive.

Other than that...it's working fine (lol)

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

I am about 75% Scottish ancestry (going back before ancestors came to Canada in 1930's).  Perhaps that is why I would never purchase a $10 GC where I am immediately out 40% of its value.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was poking around in the new app this morning and decided to check out the options for Dining Room Wines.  There is currently only one listed.  It’s not one I’m familiar with, but there are several other Willamette Valley pinot noirs I have tried and liked, and as this one is “Beverage Package Included,” let’s check it out.

image.thumb.png.7000017981749383164bec9ab4dfe782.png

Added to cart, next option is to choose the number of glasses, 1, 2, 3 or 4.  I’ll share with DH, so 2 glasses, please.  Next page?  Hmmm.  “Beverage Package Included” apparently has a different definition than what I was led to believe.

image.thumb.png.d1ab2cd4e19b5b2509e77c65dc086477.png

BTW, ordering wine by the glass also indicates “Beverage Package Included” for all options and it’s not until after you have chosen one does the description state, “Included in your plus/premier beverage package, items selected which exceed the $15/$20 price are charged based on price difference.”  How difficult would it be to design the app to include “Beverage Package Included” icons for only those items included in Plus Package or Premier Package respectively?

We’re currently onboard the Enchanted and both Mrs Chippy and myself have both apps installed. I’ve ordered bathrobes to the room and Mrs Chippy has ordered four drinks for herself in various locations which were showing as delivered but never came, all via the new app. We’re just going to use the old from now on or, most likely, just go to the bar ourselves.

21 hours ago, el zorro said:

I don’t see an area in the new ‘updated’ medallion for Travel Companions. We will be a total of 8 and having us all right there on the previous medallion was very helpful when we cruised beforehand.
Any reason why it’s missing? Or is it there somewhere and I can’t find it?

from my understanding, it is visible once onboard but does not appear prior to that.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kamelia said:

Added to cart, next option is to choose the number of glasses, 1, 2, 3 or 4.  I’ll share with DH, so 2 glasses, please.  Next page?  Hmmm.  “Beverage Package Included” apparently has a different definition than what I was led to believe.

Pretty much everything in the old app was listed in a similar manner. Check out this listing from the old app. (May say the same in the new app but I haven't sailed with that app yet.) Note that this is listed as "Included in Beverage Package". All that means is that they will discount the initial dollar amount allowed by your beverage package as well as the 18% gratuity for that allowed portion. You will be charged for the rest of the cost plus the extra gratuity. (Note: This is not the most expensive "shot" on the ship. There is a Woodford Reserve that is something like $245!)

MacallanOscuro.JPG.4f7a35b1a195d0d0934d874f9308bf43.JPG

On 1/14/2024 at 8:22 AM, cadien said:

I called customer service and ordered the medallions over the phone. Wasn't on hold at all because I did the call-back option and that took maybe 10 minutes. The rep did not question why I was calling instead of using the app.

So, maybe not specifically app related, but a question about getting the medallion.  I seem to recall reading that they would be mailed 10-20 days before your sailing.  Our problem is we will be leaving home about 30 days before our cruise.   

Has anyone been able to receive them more than 30 days before their cruise?  If so, did you just order earlier on the app, or call CS to have them put a rush on one?

I know if you don’t order it in time, they will have it at the port for you to pick up, but that puts you in a different line.  Or what happens if you order it, and it isn’t received before you leave home?  I assume it would take some time to make you new ones at the port.

41 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Pretty much everything in the old app was listed in a similar manner. Check out this listing from the old app. (May say the same in the new app but I haven't sailed with that app yet.) Note that this is listed as "Included in Beverage Package". All that means is that they will discount the initial dollar amount allowed by your beverage package as well as the 18% gratuity for that allowed portion. You will be charged for the rest of the cost plus the extra gratuity. (Note: This is not the most expensive "shot" on the ship. There is a Woodford Reserve that is something like $245!)

MacallanOscuro.JPG.4f7a35b1a195d0d0934d874f9308bf43.JPG

Thanks for this info - I wouldn’t have seen it in the old app so am just reacting to what I saw in the new app earlier today.  I still think it’s misleading. 😕

50 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So, maybe not specifically app related, but a question about getting the medallion.  I seem to recall reading that they would be mailed 10-20 days before your sailing.  Our problem is we will be leaving home about 30 days before our cruise.   

Has anyone been able to receive them more than 30 days before their cruise?  If so, did you just order earlier on the app, or call CS to have them put a rush on one?

I know if you don’t order it in time, they will have it at the port for you to pick up, but that puts you in a different line.  Or what happens if you order it, and it isn’t received before you leave home?  I assume it would take some time to make you new ones at the port.

I have not read of anyone getting PCL to ship special service in advance.  The standard is 11 days prior to sail date.  This week, our friends' arrived at 12 days out.

You will need port pickup (Blue Lane).  The Medallions are made on the ship - not in the terminal.  Reports on this forum indicate guests are handed a cruise card to board and then visit GS to have a Medallion made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2024 at 7:04 PM, shiner6 said:

So, I just paid and hope I can clear this up once on board.

I had to pre-pay as well on a couple of different cruises last year and there was no issue getting reimbursed as onboard credit once we got onboard.  (I think it was treated as refundable, but don’t hold me to that.)  I did have a PDF copy of the confirmation emails, but that was never asked for.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I have not read of anyone getting PCL to ship special service in advance.  The standard is 11 days prior to sail date.  This week, our friends' arrived at 12 days out.

You will need port pickup (Blue Lane).  The Medallions are made on the ship - not in the terminal.  Reports on this forum indicate guests are handed a cruise card to board and then visit GS to have a Medallion made.

Whoa! I missed that the MAKE the medallion on the ship! Thanks for repeating that you get a card to board and then have it made at GS.... that SUCKS!!! That first day is nightmare at Guest Services!! Can you use the card the whole time or are you forced to get the medallion?

We will be blue lane on our next cruise for the same reason, we won't be home with enough time before our cruise.... 

18 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Whoa! I missed that the MAKE the medallion on the ship! Thanks for repeating that you get a card to board and then have it made at GS.... that SUCKS!!! That first day is nightmare at Guest Services!! Can you use the card the whole time or are you forced to get the medallion?

We will be blue lane on our next cruise for the same reason, we won't be home with enough time before our cruise.... 

Please understand by "make" I mean engrave with guest name, ship, date and use the appropriate loyalty level color.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

You're not forced to use the Medallion. A portion of pax don't use the Medallion due to pacemakers. There's another portion that refuse to use the Medallion for "privacy".

If you want a Medallion and GS is a zoo...just wait until day 2 or 3.

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

@Steelers36 if you order your Medallion for “shipping” and it doesn’t arrived at home in time, you go to the blue lane received a boarding card and proceed to Guest Service where they will make you a new one.

If you order your Medallion “to be pick up at Port” you proceed to the blue lane at Port to pick up your Medallion. You do not go to GS. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

@Steelers36 if you order your Medallion for “shipping” and it doesn’t arrived at home in time, you go to the blue lane received a boarding card and proceed to Guest Service where they will make you a new one.

If you order your Medallion “to be pick up at Port” you proceed to the blue lane at Port to pick up your Medallion. You do not go to GS. 

Yes, I do know all that.  I could have structured my post better.  It was kind of short-form in reply to the poster.  Folks that have to go to GS either forgot their Medallions or ordered them and left home before receiving.  IOW, Princess thinks guest has them in-hand, but not the case.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DHP1 said:

OH!! OK. We ordered the medallion to be delivered to the port!! Thank you!! Whew!! We like the Medallion and have used them on several cruises. I just misunderstood that if you can't receive it in time at home that you have to go to GS, which IS a zoo the first day or two of any cruise. 

Thank you!! Much relieved!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Princess will not ship them out individually, at different times.

You could order it to your destination; if in the US/Canada (hotel/someone else's home, etc)

Yeah, that would not work for us, since will will be at different locations, and can't depend on them getting it to where we are at any point.

Looks like we will need to order to pick up at the port. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yeah, that would not work for us, since will will be at different locations, and can't depend on them getting it to where we are at any point.

Looks like we will need to order to pick up at the port. 

Cruising with a friend?  Send it to them if they are going to be home.