The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday, January 3rd, 2024

kazu

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Sleep eluded me last night as I couldn't get comfortable. I got about 2.5 hours.

Well dam on that bad sleep 😢 

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I have my Rheumatology appointment this morning. Then I need to read the contract for my house repair. 3 rooms downstairs will get the floors sanded, stained and sealed, in order that they match. We're going to wait until the spring, as to replace the radiator, the boiler will need to be drained and we don't want to do that in the cold of winter. 

Best wishes for your appointment today.  Your renovations sounds nice but challenging.  Smart to wait until the spring 👍 

3 hours ago, dfish said:

Sleep was elusive again last night, but not as bad as the night before.  I think I drifted off around 2:00 am and slept until 8:00 am.  I'm not sure what the problem is, but I hope it resolves soon.  

I sure hope it resolves soon, too. 🤞. You need your sleep.

3 hours ago, dfish said:

I have an appointment at the spine and pain clinic this afternoon.  I have to get the order for PT renewed as I had to cancel it due to my surgery.  

Best wishes for your appointment today.

3 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

I am sitting in the shuttle waiting to get to the airport. 2 planes to get home at 2130. Long day. 

Safe travels.  I hope all goes smoothly and you don’t feel too much effect of the long day.

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Visited our dermatologist this morning, had a specious spot we've been watching for awhile.  She wanted to take a biopsy and I said fine as long as it will heal by the end of the month as I'm going on a cruise  😁

yikes.  I hope it is nothing 🤞 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday from chilly Tucson. Pennie @Nickelpenny, it might be raining when you arrive tonight so be extra careful driving home. And tomorrow the high will only be 48F, burrr. 🥶 

I’m not a fan of stews so will pass on the meal. I can’t get my mind off of the chicken divan dish from yesterday so might make that soon. Today I think we’ll have leftovers.  But I will celebrate sleep today. There is nothing like a good sleep. 

Last night I finished checking in for our cruise. Only a few things were missing so it didn’t take long. I also got notification that our OBC credit for our CCL stock was credited via the new app Stockperks. Very easy to do so don’t believe all the bad things about it posted on other threads. BTW, I had tried faxing it back in October and then emailing it in December but either I used a wrong number or something else went wrong. 

What an exciting day for the Grand cruises!  Bon Voyage!

Have a great day!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

What a unique display!  How adorable!  Thanks for sharing Sandy,@StLouisCruisers

You know, if you look in the middle of that display they had one penguin sitting on some small rocks with an egg in front of it, and another penguin appearing to be adding more rocks.  Just like real penguins do!

Oh, yes, I see a second penguin sitting on rocks nearer the front.  So funny!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Cat in my Lap!

Bon Voyage Ottahand7!

Bon Voyage Cruising-along!

Bon Voyage Durangoscots!

Bon Voyage Cruising sister!

Bon Voyage Cruisercl!

Adding my wishes for fair winds and following seas with thanks to @JazzyV

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday from chilly Tucson. Pennie @Nickelpenny, it might be raining when you arrive tonight so be extra careful driving home. And tomorrow the high will only be 48F, burrr. 🥶 

I saw that!!!  Oh my. Thanks for the reminder!!!🥴

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Made it to Fort Lauderdale. Met some Hal World Cruiser on flight. Braver than us flying in same day.

Wow, who would think someone would chance flying in and getting to the ship on time for a World Cruise leaving today?  Takes guts!😲

• Like 11

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Wow, who would think someone would chance flying in and getting to the ship on time for a World Cruise leaving today?  Takes guts!😲

All of a sudden I can’t post personal photos on CC. I can post MeMe’s just not photos taken with my I-phone. Any tips? Maybe photos are too large for CC. They post OK on other media. 

• Like 12

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon from another cloudy, but not too cold day here in Wisconsin.  I've been reading, but we were gone for a few days, and I forgot my tablet...it's too hard for me to post with my phone!  Working on taking down some Christmas decor today, that's always a hard task to do.  I'm so excited to see all of the reports from people on their grand/world voyages leaving today!  Bon Voyage to all of you, have a great time.  

@StLouisCruisersYour penguin posts have been wonderful to see, what an amazing adventure!  

@kazugood to hear that Ivan had a great report from the vet, he's a lucky dog to have you! 

@dfishGood to hear that you're feeling better, too bad on the sleep though.  My DH is usually up at 4 am, lately I've been awake then also, it's no fun...

@rafinmdThis sunrise picture is for you, it's from yesterday at our up north lake house.  The sun was out for a short time, we haven't seen it in a week or so!  

Have a good rest of the day!  Karen

51DA4F4D-CB05-4D5E-88E5-0B7351C66129.JPG

Edited by quilty964
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon from a gray and windy Quartzsite.  According to the radar future cast on the weather app some heavy rain is heading our way.  We can always use rain here.  I noticed after our heavy rain just before Christmas that the saguaro had really plumbed up.  

The house is now clean, and I did a little more deep cleaning while I was cleaning.  I cleaned the inside of all the windows, and they do look good.  I hope the rain cleans some of the outside ones.  That's about the only major thing left to do,  I cleaned the worst of the outside windows before Christmas, but they still need a bit more work.  

5 hours ago, summer slope said:

Visited our dermatologist this morning, had a specious spot we've been watching for awhile.  She wanted to take a biopsy and I said fine as long as it will heal by the end of the month as I'm going on a cruise  😁

Dixie, I hope the biopsy comes back negative.  I'm glad the doctor is on top of it.

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Made it to Fort Lauderdale. Met some Hal World Cruiser on flight. Braver than us flying in same day.

Bruce, I'm glad you made it safely to Ft. Lauderdale.  Enjoy your time there before you board your ship.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, very rarely have be flown the day before a cruise was set to begin, and that includes overnight flights to Europe.  It depends on the timing of flights and the time of year.  In winter, I'd want more of cushion between leaving home and embarking a ship.  I loved the penguin picture and all the details.

5 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

And before someone asked, No that is not me sitting on the chair! 😀

RNB, it never crossed my mind. 😁

3 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good rainy morning in San Diego,

I hope the rain stops before I walk across the street to board.  My body is still on CST and I saw the Volendam come in this morning. So many of us are on various cruises to get away from the winter blahs.

Prayers and well wishes.  Have a great day

IMG_0378.jpeg

Lorraine, thanks for the picture of the Volendam.  I hope you did not have to walk to the ship in the rain.  The R class ships are still our favorites.  Have a wonderful adventure.

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I’m not a fan of stews so will pass on the meal. I can’t get my mind off of the chicken divan dish from yesterday so might make that soon. Today I think we’ll have leftovers.  But I will celebrate sleep today. There is nothing like a good sleep. 

Last night I finished checking in for our cruise. Only a few things were missing so it didn’t take long. I also got notification that our OBC credit for our CCL stock was credited via the new app Stockperks. Very easy to do so don’t believe all the bad things about it posted on other threads. BTW, I had tried faxing it back in October and then emailing it in December but either I used a wrong number or something else went wrong. 

What an exciting day for the Grand cruises!  Bon Voyage!

Have a great day!

Sharon, I'm glad you got the OBC posted to your account.  I learned quite a while ago to check Carnival Corporation website and Owner Relations to see the latest requirements for requesting OBC.  It seems they change them every few years.  I'm glad the new app worked well and was easy to navigate.

1 hour ago, quilty964 said:

Good afternoon from another cloudy, but not too cold day here in Wisconsin.  I've been reading, but we were gone for a few days, and I forgot my tablet...it's too hard for me to post with my phone!  Working on taking down some Christmas decor today, that's always a hard task to do.  I'm so excited to see all of the reports from people on their grand/world voyages leaving today!  Bon Voyage to all of you, have a great time.  

@StLouisCruisersYour penguin posts have been wonderful to see, what an amazing adventure!  

@kazugood to hear that Ivan had a great report from the vet, he's a lucky dog to have you! 

@dfishGood to hear that you're feeling better, too bad on the sleep though.  My DH is usually up at 4 am, lately I've been awake then also, it's no fun...

@rafinmdThis sunrise picture is for you, it's from yesterday at our up north lake house.  The sun was out for a short time, we haven't seen it in a week or so!  

Have a good rest of the day!  Karen

51DA4F4D-CB05-4D5E-88E5-0B7351C66129.JPG

Very interesting sunrise with the sun lighting up the con trails.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Today was a surprisingly busy work day, hopefully tomorrow is calmer.  I’m getting a few new accounts and need some time to gather information on each of them for a smooth transition.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds really good to me but will have to wait.  We are having some leftover pork and sauerkraut, the roast was big.  Snow is in the weekend forecast, anything from a little to a lot.  
A big Bon Voyage to everyone sailing today.

Wishing everyone a good rest of the day.

image.png.74ed987c44ac7a3fa46f49c6151e181a.png

• Like 15

Got released by my neurosurgeon 3 weeks after surgery.  Wants me to start PT in a couple of weeks.  Need to be back to good by March 7 for our annual Maui trip.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon from a gray and windy Quartzsite.  According to the radar future cast on the weather app some heavy rain is heading our way.  We can always use rain here.  I noticed after our heavy rain just before Christmas that the saguaro had really plumbed up.  

The house is now clean, and I did a little more deep cleaning while I was cleaning.  I cleaned the inside of all the windows, and they do look good.  I hope the rain cleans some of the outside ones.  That's about the only major thing left to do,  I cleaned the worst of the outside windows before Christmas, but they still need a bit more work.  

Dixie, I hope the biopsy comes back negative.  I'm glad the doctor is on top of it.

Bruce, I'm glad you made it safely to Ft. Lauderdale.  Enjoy your time there before you board your ship.

Sandi, very rarely have be flown the day before a cruise was set to begin, and that includes overnight flights to Europe.  It depends on the timing of flights and the time of year.  In winter, I'd want more of cushion between leaving home and embarking a ship.  I loved the penguin picture and all the details.

RNB, it never crossed my mind. 😁

Lorraine, thanks for the picture of the Volendam.  I hope you did not have to walk to the ship in the rain.  The R class ships are still our favorites.  Have a wonderful adventure.

Sharon, I'm glad you got the OBC posted to your account.  I learned quite a while ago to check Carnival Corporation website and Owner Relations to see the latest requirements for requesting OBC.  It seems they change them every few years.  I'm glad the new app worked well and was easy to navigate.

Very interesting sunrise with the sun lighting up the con trails.

Lenda

Thanks Ms Crystal. That’s makes me feel lots better!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The rain has finally arrived.  It's not a heavy or as much as before Christmas, but it is still appreciated.  So far, we've received almost 1/10 of an inch, which is a lot for the desert.

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

Got released by my neurosurgeon 3 weeks after surgery.  Wants me to start PT in a couple of weeks.  Need to be back to good by March 7 for our annual Maui trip.

That is good news the neurosurgeon released you three weeks after the surgery.  The PT should help you be ready for your Maui trip.

Lenda

• Like 16

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Wow!  Braver than I am too.  😉 

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

Good news 👍. The sooner you start PT the better.  It’s a PITA but it will get you in shape for your Maui trip.  Happy to hear you have been cleared 🙂 

• Like 13

Greetings from the Volendam!

We met up with Rich soon  after boarding, still haven’t run across @durangoscots, @cruising sister, or @Cruisercl and look forward to meeting them. 

The Captain just announced we should be sailing on time. 🙂

We’re maybe 1/3 unpacked, and waiting for our last bag to arrive. Lots of bags, this will take awhile to get settled. 😉

IMG_1495.thumb.jpeg.4fefe61085833a85128390b471ea98eb.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

I am here.  Still waiting on one bag.....one of the luggage forward bags is in pretty sad shape....not sure if it will be able to make the trip home.  Will have to work with it.  It is going to take me awhile to get my things where I  can find them. Captain say tonight may be a bit bouncy.

Susan 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

I am here.  Still waiting on one bag.....one of the luggage forward bags is in pretty sad shape....not sure if it will be able to make the trip home.  Will have to work with it.  It is going to take me awhile to get my things where I  can find them. Captain say tonight may be a bit bouncy.

Susan 

I think it has been a bit bouncy the few times I've sailed out of San Diego. Bon voyage.

• Like 11