The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday, January 16th, 2024

kazu

i probably missed something, but where is  @grapau27these days.  I missed Father David on Sunday, and realized there was no @grapau27 and @RedneckBobbantering.  

I just got back from walking the dog.  It was snowing.  Not heavy.  The flakes were not even flurries, they were falling like snow, but appears to be some type of Georgia hail.

My computer is very confused, the temps have dropped to 26.  It says feels colder, then it flashes to temps will go up.  This really is a case of when hell freezes over.  It also says cloudy,, and the sun is shining. 

Expected to have wind chills tonight down to 0.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a sunny and windless Quartzsite where it is 37F.  Our predicted high is 66F, so it should be nice outside this afternoon.  Not much on the agenda except going to the PO to pick up couple of packages and our mail.  At least, everything is at the PO waiting to be delivered.  It can take until mid-afternoon to get the mail from the sorting area to the boxes.

I appreciate the idea of dragon's including Puff.  As an avid reader, I will celebrate book publishers.  I prefer a book, but do have many books on my Kindle for cruises.  We like hot and spicy food, but DH likes it spicier than I do.  When we were in Kuala Lumper, there was a spicy noodle dish on the menu.  I asked if it was very spicy and was told no, but they could make it less spicy.  Either the chef did not make it less spicy, or it was really spicy before.  The waitresses all laughed as I was sweating while eating it.   With the help of a Coke and several glasses of water, I made it through the meal, which was very good.

I think the Samuel Beckett quote might be true as there are some very angry people in the world now.

We used to have Swiss chard often, but not in the past 30 years for some reason.  I never tried sautéing it.  We'll pass on the drink, but the wine sounds like a winner.

We have been to Papeete many times beginning in 1996 with an overnight on Wind Song.  I'll look for my pictures shortly.

Two good days in history, and my Spanish is not good enough (aka almost non-existent) to read Don Quixote.  I'm glad Ireland finally got Home Rule.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I'm glad you are feeling better, but sorry the Prednisone would not let you sleep.  Good news you are out of quarantine.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, I hope the roads are in good shape to get to your DH's appointment today

@RedneckBob  RNB, yes Bora Bora and Moorea are much better than Papeete.  The rest of the island of Tahiti is nice once you get away from town.

@ger_77  Gerry, be careful in all that cold weather.  I hope the blood tests show an answer to why your DH is not feeling all that great.

@bennybear  Brenda, I'm glad you made it out and made it to you destination before the airport was closed.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, you could try cleaning one room a day so it's not too much for you.

@marshhawk  Annie, it's a tough decision to have an animal, even a feral one, put down.  Maybe, the vet would be willing to see him and treat him.  Best wishes for your DH tomorrow.  Stay warm and safe in that bad and cold weather.

@rafinmd  Roy, I hope you didn't overdo with the snow shoveling.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, be careful today, there are a lot of crazy drivers in Texas, and they just get worse in bad weather.

417178213_18404158618023709_3532721765485398176_n.thumb.jpg.5e87c45225bf5ad5efb24e276c9bcfe9.jpg

418427048_333612246256117_6257181911846678091_n.thumb.jpg.aefea9e95072cd64ad59e140403a0f7b.jpg

419075775_122151062918017714_9202849643465003639_n.thumb.jpg.cdd772d2755cf91ab62c4d16dd5c7e4b.jpg

418472060_356193983841267_1300373530277321976_n.thumb.jpg.d0100af612451f2bd8661d022bc512e2.jpg

418468139_380728271202358_1277780525006434448_n.jpg.5393e9bc67d03fb02b57a91b7c655cf9.jpg

418118973_392802713337211_5432659952867252249_n.jpg.10bfb6d25faef87ba11294f6b30c4bb3.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

4 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

i probably missed something, but where is  @grapau27these days.  I missed Father David on Sunday, and realized there was no @grapau27 and @RedneckBobbantering.  

I just got back from walking the dog.  It was snowing.  Not heavy.  The flakes were not even flurries, they were falling like snow, but appears to be some type of Georgia hail.

My computer is very confused, the temps have dropped to 26.  It says feels colder, then it flashes to temps will go up.  This really is a case of when hell freezes over.  It also says cloudy,, and the sun is shining. 

Expected to have wind chills tonight down to 0.

I am guessing he may be on a cruise as he doesn't advertise his travel plans.  Here's Father David's message from last week:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 9

Swiss chard is one of my favorite vegetables. I would want it to be served with something, but not bacon.

A little while ago there was a page for blood donors. I’m not eligible right now, but they were seeking a different type, anyway.

I fled from the coffee bar on deck 4 to the Bionic Bar on deck 5 because there is a shopping event on deck 4 and it’s like Filene’s Basement. The Bionic Bar is permanently closed.

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

We have been to Papeete five times, but only the last three times were in the digital age.  

This first group of pictures are from the 2002 Volendam Asia Pacific Explorer Cruise.  Our day in Papeete was spent taking a ferry to Moorea and renting a car to drive around the island.  That cruise only stopped at Bora Bora and Papeete.  We like Moorea better, so that is why we chose to take the ferry.  These pictures were taken from the ferry, our walk back to the ship and as we sailed.

IMG_2239.thumb.JPG.2e72eb3944bd3ecb04126f746115366f.JPG

IMG_2240.thumb.JPG.98f50289689e85f3e8a8fe70e756b2e7.JPG

IMG_2242.thumb.JPG.cb576caafb03f7e84d905c74a2c278d7.JPG

IMG_2243.thumb.JPG.1993f3807736c120439476376cb067ca.JPG

In 2004, we were in Papeete on a turnaround day between a Cook Island cruise and a French Polynesian cruise on Tahitian Princess.  That day, we rented a car and drove around the island as it had been eight years since we'd done that. 

Outside of Papeete, Tahiti is a very pretty island.  This time, we did not go into the interior, but stayed on the coast.  We came across this statue along the road.

IMG_3957.thumb.JPG.2596d7d84a6c601bf922e413b898ab90.JPG

Scenes from the coast road

IMG_3960.thumb.JPG.7b28ed8c6d0385f995109a343c3e1b35.JPG

IMG_3961.thumb.JPG.0b6b90c875f6e9a2214f71ed16f68ed0.JPG

IMG_3962.thumb.JPG.35f261c37ef653c3abe0f813791ec3b4.JPG

IMG_3963.thumb.JPG.23f8fefa9d0589c05437cd3c29e4136f.JPG

IMG_3964.thumb.JPG.d11c3e7d50c202c4af179b579c2b1b00.JPG

Papeete from our balcony

IMG_3965.thumb.JPG.3dd95acf73ca17f0e83a0b11f8731b25.JPG

IMG_3967.thumb.JPG.d76113b1d46d227ca9632e834b7e564b.JPG

In 2007 on Pacific Princess, we did b2b Hawaii-Tahiti-Hawaii cruises.  Our day in Papeete, we just walked around town since we had not done that for about 11 years.  A couple more views of the market.  The flowers and the fruits and vegetables are lovely.

IMG_1516.thumb.JPG.990598ad1d3b19e825f53990682f8504.JPG

You get back to this section of the market, and it is stinky at best.  I don't recognize most of the fish, but the blue ones in the foreground are parrot fish.

IMG_1518.thumb.JPG.2bdb5b0f3cab6d36bf72ca70f5bae365.JPG

Some vendors set up outside the market.

IMG_1520.thumb.JPG.b611da92ec53bb292057eb483a9dbf1b.JPG

A nice, tranquil street near a restaurant we were looking for.

IMG_1535.thumb.JPG.3207639bfd146a37983e69e723bbe925.JPG

We sought out this restaurant because Anthony Bourdain had featured it in a show we saw shortly before our cruise.  It wasn't open at the time we were there.

IMG_1536.thumb.JPG.8d0f370e1a82ecf3b7ec1f7f0732a24e.JPG

The promenade along the waterfront.  It was a lot cooler there than in town.

IMG_1538.thumb.JPG.7fe5ce1cddd0eb50039193e4e4c24082.JPG

The area at night with all the food trucks set up.  By the time we walked around the area, we had already had our dinner, but the food looked good.

IMG_1545.thumb.JPG.884cec95d97b790c264990e26afbbfa8.JPG

For those who have not been there, please put French Polynesia on your bucket list.  That, especially Bora Bora, and Alaska are our favorite cruise destinations.  We have expanded our travels to see as much of the world as we can while we can.

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

@ottahand7 glad you are feeling a bit better. 

We had the RSV and I had an awful reaction to it, but given what is going around now I am glad I had it.

Wow on the snow everyone is getting. The schools are all closed where my grandkids lived- even NH which surprised me.  I assume it is because the busses can't do the windy, hilly roads.

@rafinmd please be careful shoveling the snow.  Isn't there someone you can hire to do this for you?  

We are actually having a nice day here in South Florida. All the weather is north of us and we are finally seeing the yellow orb in the sky.

I am back to work today after a nice long 3 day weekend.  Yesterday I had trigger point injections for my neck/shoulder so I am very sore today but at least the pain seems to have dissipated a bit.

I am still in my PJ's - I do love working remotely. I see multiple work emails coming in I have to address - so here is to a great day for everyone.  Some of my favorite days were snow days when I didn't have to go anywhere at all.  

• Like 24

It’s still snowing but tapering off. Google maps has our route to the doctor appt slow but doable. Still some flood detours were showing up last night…. I guess we’ll brush off the car and hope for the best!  
@ottahand7 Nancy, glad you are improving. I’ve been on steroids awake all night and feeling like Who cares!  I’m not hurting!  I think we need to look into the RSV vaccine!  Got flu and COVID in August before last cruise, then got with moving.  Now DH’s surgery coming next week…. must get it on the radar!  

@bennybear Brenda, Happy to hear you are ok, home?  I guess I’m confused, not understanding which side of Canada your island is at…. Newfoundland or Vancouver?  Can’t make the time zones work out, but good to know you are safe!  And warm!  Stunning picture!  ❤️

we’ve been to Tahiti twice. Stayed 5 nights in an Oceanside cabin during our Australia-NZ-South Pacific- Hawaii trip of a lifetime. Tahiti was very hot and sticky in January. But we kayaked the lagoon every morning!  It was worth being uncomfortable. Papeete had wonderful fabric shops where I got three tablecloths- just gave one to my close friend when we left Maryland!  
That’s me in the kayak in the lagoon just a short scramble from the cabin, Mo’orea in background. Picture on living room wall. Good memories!  
IMG_1997.thumb.jpeg.4aba7e578cd6df2ee5856500609b9bb9.jpeg

We stayed in a family pension. No AC but the fan helped. Was 96F one night when we were going to bed. Cooled down to about 85. Was Sooo glad to get aboard our cruise on Ocean Princess 11 days Society Islands then 10 days to Hawaii. DH didn’t want to fly over 5 hrs…. Crossed west on Volendam CA to Sydney - 6 weeks in AUS - Eclipse to Aukland - 25 days in NZ - 5 hr flight to Tahiti - 5 days there, then Ocean Princess to Hawaii - 5 hr flight to CA, then short flight home to NM. Our friends in AUS had a sudden change in plans and this window of opportunity for us to visit them. Pulled it all together in 5 weeks. Sometimes life just happens!  

Blessings for all the needs shared here and beyond. Happy for all the reports of improvements and blessings for more, and warmth where needed. 

🙏 @ger_77 that the bloodwork shows what’s needed for DH to feel better soon. Keep safe!  Good luck today Roy @rafinmd, counting them down!  
Maureen 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Oh my, what a quirky set of days - I don't have, never have had and don't anticipate having a dragon; not a fan of overly spicy food. Book publishing is something I can certainly celebrate!

Not aligned w/the quote, pass on the meal, would try the drink and wine, not been to the port.

The history days were impactful. 

Skipping PT again today, but continue at home exercises. 

Currently 16°, feels like 1°, headed to 30° which sounds like a heat wave! I think the heat pump will be close to working at that temp.

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

20240116_100147.thumb.jpg.f182d8bdc7870ce9c051ff03fc5c71c4.jpg

• Like 21

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Today, even though it's as cold as a witch's kiss, the teachers of Saskatchewan have scheduled a 1 day strike to showcase the terrible state of our schools.  Classes of anywhere from 30 to 45 in every grade (including the littles), extra curricular activities, etc., and no teacher prep time.  I support each one of them, as I know the hard work they have, and we'll be bringing coffee to at least 3 schools where we know teachers.  The government needs to supply more teachers and teacher associates to deal with the problems.  Off my soap box now...

Discussed class size on a recent cruise - "back in our day" in public school, we had 30+ students per class w/helpers being fellow students; occasionally we'd have a Student Teacher. Of course, we may have had Student Teachers more frequently than we remember, but I really don't recall it being often. 

Glad we've learned smaller is better, but it sure is hard on school systems.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

...I need to find a pair of comfortable walking shoes for the VOV. I am a flip flop girl and hardly ever wear shoes. But I think I will need something that is waterproof and comfortable. Any suggestions? 

I really like the Keen convertible close toed sandals. You can remove the back strap so they're kind of like a clog, but with the strap on they're tight enough to be stable walking on uneven ground and still be cool like sandals. I also appreciate the little bit of arch support. Tbere are lots of color choices and several styles. I've worn mine for everything from zip lining to swimming w/[enter favorite creature here, lol]. They have been in the water a lot.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nickelpenny said:

Since retiring, I really am never expected anywhere (except the gym 3x/week) and even if I didn't show up for a sub gig, they wouldn't worry.  I have thought about getting something like a Life Alert but deep down inside it just makes me depressed - I am now "old" because those are for "old" people.  I had looked into the new Apple watch because it has a fall alert on it but I am not sure if it was one of the ones that could no longer be sold in the States.  I am such a homebody and really don't like socializing; asking anyone to check on me occasionally would just eat me alive.  Decisions, decisions.

I have the same dilemma since DD DH’s death - Haven’t quite got it figured out yet. 😔 

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I’m on my phone because Hargray is at it again.  No internet or TV service.  

Ugh!  Hope it is restored soon 🤞 

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just to let you guys know that I also have a Spanish Version of Don Quixote and read every last word of it in Spanish.   

We could  form a club 😃 

51 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

@bennybear Brenda, Happy to hear you are ok, home?  I guess I’m confused, not understanding which side of Canada your island is at…. Newfoundland or Vancouver?  Can’t make the time zones work out, but good to know you are safe!  And warm!  Stunning picture!  ❤️

She’s on the opposite coast than I.  So thankfully nor Newfoundland.  It’s a brutal island in the winter 😉 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Good morning and Happy Tuesday. I woke too early today and am tired, and now it’s too late to go back to bed. I’ll just take an early nap. 

I like spicy food but if it’s really spicy it’s sometimes hard to enjoy the flavors. I’ve never had chard that I’m aware of. I’m thinking about making a bean and chicken casserole with biscuits. Yesterday was salmon and lingcod grain bowls. I forgot how much I like farro and need to make it more often. The lingcod was delicious. I’m getting a bit tired of salmon so made mine with that. 

Debbie @dfish, on my last cruise, the Volendam in April, late fixed seating was 7:45 but I always went right about 8:00 with no problem. I searched around and couldn’t find anything about our cruise. @Haljo1935, do you remember what time late fixed dining was on your cruise?

Even though I don’t feel like it I’ve got to call the caption phone company for my DM for the 5th time. Long story but it hasn’t been taking voice messages. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 24

Looks like our week of bitter cold is changing today.  Should warm up enough to snow and then rain by this afternoon.  I need to drive to the Tacoma Mall Apple store today to get my iPhone repaired.  Had the battery and speakers changed a couple of weeks ago and now I can only hear a call when on speaker phone mode.  Not sure about the Beckett quote.  Without context, does mad mean angry or crazy?

Ray

• Like 20

13 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

...Debbie @dfish, on my last cruise, the Volendam in April, late fixed seating was 7:45 but I always went right about 8:00 with no problem. I searched around and couldn’t find anything about our cruise. @Haljo1935, do you remember what time late fixed dining was on your cruise?

@dfisch Last 2 (Dec  on NS & Jan on K'dam) it was 7:30.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

@kazu

@Nickelpenny

i can vouch for the Apple Watch. I got mine, a version 5 back in 2020 to help remind me to get up and move after I had two pulmonary embolisms. I wear it all the time and it has asked me several times if I have fallen and need an ambulance. If I hit a curb hard with my bike, or fall off, which has happened, it will tap your wrist and you can respond with no, or yes but not hurt and probably another option. If you don’t answer in a very short time, emergency services get called. I don’t really know if the correct 911 gets the message because none of my falls have gotten that far. It will send a gps locate in any case. Version 9 does so much more but I am happy with my 5 so if you can find a7 or 8 at a good price that should do. The only caveat is that you need to be using an iPhone, too.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6

Good afternoon.  @marshhawk and @Cruzin Terri I thought of you both when I reached for that Prednisone bottle.  Annie I remembered how sick you got on your cruise out in the Atlantic.  I come prepared usually but 2 things I really should have, my nebulizer and my mucus breakup med never made it.  I have compensated using my Combivent every two hours when I can get a good inhalation in.  

My story with medical was what I expected other than needing an appointment.  I thought it was like a immediate care.  Luckily only one appointment waiting to get in at 3. It was a very long walk from the aft of the ship. I was apprised of the $99 consultation fee.  I got called back almost immediately.  Had my flu test $33 and negative.  She suggested the PCR covid ($88) test and I agreed.  That was negative. No offer of RSV test - HA you are leaving  money on the table.  Probably wouldn't matter since there is no treatment other than what I was doing. Since my fever was 101 I was told to take Tylenol every 4 and that worked almost overnight.  I started on three 20 mg Prednisone tablets spread through the day.  The nurse called at nine and asked how I was doing.  John talked to her.  I think I already relayed John had gone to the Neptune Lounge and the Lido when a letter under the door that implied we both confined. 

The nurse called again at 5:45 and asks me how I am feeling I said much improved ,(thanks Prednisone) She asked me to take another one and she would call for the results in 15 minutes. I said I just sat down to my first real meal and could I have 30 and she said no. I rush and grab my test and get it completed and it was negative.  No callback after 40 minutes my steroids fired me up and I sent a message through the Navigator and I used all of my words allowed minus a few and sent.  Lo and behold not so friendly nurse calls and asks what my result was about 5 minutes  later. She said I was free to go I asked why John was on the confine letter and she seemed bewildered.  I asked her a number to call medical (we didn't know it was in the Daily activities) and she said call 911.  Fat chance I would call 911 because someone didn't follow up. End of my medical story. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 13

Thanks for the Papeete photos. That is part of our 2025 getaway on the Konigsdam.  

Sandi beautiful work on the stocking I hope DSIL now or future will appreciate the love you put into it.  

Wind.  At the ski hill by our house the winds yesterday blew a chair off the ski lift.  It is extremely windy here in St Maarten.  I don't feel bad for keeping John on the ship.  

Celebrity Apex pulled in right after us.

• Like 20

Good morning, Dailyites.  Good day for us dragons!  My mother was born in the year of the dragon, as were I and our elder daughter.  With three dragons in the household, you can imagine the fire-breathing going on!  Fortunately, Pat was born in the year of the rat and rats and dragons are compatible...

Now I will be humming Puff all day.  Pat has gone to get some bloodwork done for the cardiologist and run some errands.   We will be making appointments to get the RSV vaccine.  The skies are blue today, with a few wispy clouds.  We are threatened with snow, but it does not look like a snow sky.   Temps around freezing.

We were in Papeete in 2016 with Jacqui on Westerdam, we had had a lot of itinerary changes due to weather, and we just walked around during the day and visited the church and the market.  That evening we went ashore, too, to see all the night market food trucks.  It was bustling ashore, but we had eaten on the ship.

One of our favourite Tamarind servers, Apinya, sent us a picture yesterday of herself with Tony and Martha on Rotterdam.  Now we are so envious and want to join them!    I also checked on the wandering AirTag on Sunday and it was in Fort Lauderdale, but is slowly dying - it is calling out for a new battery.  So sad...  I have enjoyed following it around as it cruised.

I called Guest Relations yesterday to ask (again) about our refund for our Covid expenses in September 2022.  A very helpful agent said he had approved it and would be sending an email.  The email eventually arrived and all it did was ask for the same information - for the third time.  It's never going to end!

• Like 24

Good still snowing afternoon. I need to ask for prayers for a friend Steve. He fell getting out of his truck this morning and was unable to walk. He had to crawl in the snow to get to his place. Nothing was broken but he did tear something and will be in a brace for 3 months and therapy for 6 months.🙏

• Like 17
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Debbie @dfish, on my last cruise, the Volendam in April, late fixed seating was 7:45 but I always went right about 8:00 with no problem. I searched around and couldn’t find anything about our cruise. @Haljo1935, do you remember what time late fixed dining was on your cruise?

Thanks, Sharon!   I think I am going to let it be.  I like having the same waiter because once you get them trained, all goes so smoothly.  We were able to have a reserved table in the Open Seating each night at 7:15 last summer.  It was great!

57 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

@dfisch Last 2 (Dec  on NS & Jan on K'dam) it was 7:30.

Perfect!

55 minutes ago, superoma said:

@kazu

@Nickelpenny

i can vouch for the Apple Watch. I got mine, a version 5 back in 2020 to help remind me to get up and move after I had two pulmonary embolisms. I wear it all the time and it has asked me several times if I have fallen and need an ambulance. If I hit a curb hard with my bike, or fall off, which has happened, it will tap your wrist and you can respond with no, or yes but not hurt and probably another option. If you don’t answer in a very short time, emergency services get called. I don’t really know if the correct 911 gets the message because none of my falls have gotten that far. It will send a gps locate in any case. Version 9 does so much more but I am happy with my 5 so if you can find a7 or 8 at a good price that should do. The only caveat is that you need to be using an iPhone, too.

That service was the biggest reason I got my Apple watch.  I haven't tested that feature out yet, but I have it if I need it.  You might want to consider getting the ability to make calls from the phone so you can call if you're not going to make an appointment.  I have several friends who live alone and we always sent a quick text each morning so we knew everyone was alright.  

7 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good still snowing afternoon. I need to ask for prayers for a friend Steve. He fell getting out of his truck this morning and was unable to walk. He had to crawl in the snow to get to his place. Nothing was broken but he did tear something and will be in a brace for 3 months and therapy for 6 months.🙏

Oh, poor Steve.  Healing thoughts to him!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Good morning and checking in from the Pacific Northwest, 

We're still in the low 20's and it's a nice day out. Rain, snow, and ice are on the way for tomorrow and then we go back to the normal rain, rain, rain (if we believe the weather forecast!). If the rain/ice/snow mix happens tomorrow morning I'll probably stay nice and snug at home and not go to the pool even if it is my "happy place." Today I'll salute Book Publishers as I love to read! Don't you wish your favorite authors would write as fast you read them?

I've done very well and my water hasn't froze up this cold spell so very grateful for DS and a new pumphouse. The neighbor who comes for tea froze up on Friday, had something burst in her pumphouse, have fixed it but now have to wait for the pipes to thaw. She's down her for tea (Earl Grey Cream today) and took water home with her. She may be back later for a shower. 

Nothing else too exciting around this place. I'm working on getting my craft room cleaned, baking cookies, and I need to start making payments for my summer Alaska cruises. 

Happy Tuesday! 

Karen

• Like 21

Ugh, just lost my whole post!

Good afternoon. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu and @richwmn.

I appreciate dragons, as a fan of GOT. Book publishers are important. I like hot and spicy food sometimes; I've had some very hot Indian dishes. Strange quote. I'll pass on the meal and drink, and take the wine. I haven't been to Papeete.

It's 17F and cloudy. It started snowing last night, and instead of the 1-2" predicted, we got about 4". Early this AM schools had a 2 hour delay, but as the snow continued, most closed. My guys came and did the sidewalk and up to the porch, but since I had to go out I had to shovel from my back door to the garage. My back wasn't happy. I couldn't walk around the corner to the salon, so I had to slog through their unplowed parking area to their back door. Then I went to PT and the roads were fine. I'm hoping to hear something soon about the radiology procedure; I just hope the MRI disc went where it was supposed to. Same old same old as far as sleep and pain. -10F wind chill tomorrow AM, and I have a medical appointment.

@ottahand7 I'm glad you're feeling better and out of quarantine. I know about the high dose of steroids; they work, but we have to put up with side effects.

@kazu With all you do for us, no need to apologize. That sounds like a lovely lunch with your BFF.

@StLouisCruisers Great photos from Papeete. I didn't think you needed any criteria to get the RSV vaccine, just be over 60. The stocking is coming along nicely; it will be a treasured heirloom in the family.

@rafinmd Thanks for the maps. Your meal is one I'd like. I don't like to hear about you shoveling snow; be careful.

@Denise T It sounds like you've got a good plan for controlling your blood sugars.

@ger_77 I hope the blood tests can help the doctor figure out why your DH hasn't been feeling well lately. 

@Cruzin Terri Sorry you're still in a funk. You do have the cruise to look forward to, at least.

Are you looking for a new cleaning person? Internet down again?; not fun.

@marshhawk Prayers for DH's procedure tomorrow.

@Nickelpenny My Apple watch has the fall alert. The issue is with the pulse ox measuring, as some other company says it's proprietary to them. I heard Apple removed that feature to avoid the import ban. I have version 9; I get a new one about every other model, but one needn't.

@kochleffel Ah, Filene's basement! I went to school in Boston and it was fun to visit there sometimes (and try not to get trampled).

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos.

@RMLincoln Safe trip to the allergist today.

@1ANGELCAT Prayers for your friend Steve. 

@luvteaching I'm glad your water hasn't frozen. My kitchen sink is on an outside wall, so I've been leaving the cabinet below it open and the faucet dripping. Last year my dishwasher wouldn't drain as the line to the sink is against that outside wall and froze up.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 6