LIVE!!! ICON OF THE SEAS INAUGURAL

12 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Ken you need to try the 1400 signature drink and let me know how many we can drink?

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Have seen that.  Where is it. 

Just asked at the Trellis bar.  Will check it out tonight after our dinner at Chops. 

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like there will be 4500 on thec3 dsy sailing and only 5500 on the inaugural.  I'm very happy with those numbers. 

If you can find out whether or not our cabins will be ready when we board on the 27th that would be great.  If there are not, I may change some of my placement of articles around so I don't have so much to carry on board and around the ship. Looking very forward to meeting you finally.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Scored a couple reservations for Crowns edge at 4:30, stopped the cabin tours for a couple shots of liquid courage. 

We need video! Curious if it lives up to the hype.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

If you can find out whether or not our cabins will be ready when we board on the 27th that would be great.  If there are not, I may change some of my placement of articles around so I don't have so much to carry on board and around the ship. Looking very forward to meeting you finally.

That would be nice not having to wait until 1pm.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

What time is sail away?

I have not heard what time tonight.  I am surprised it hasn't yet.  My pics from last Saturday showed it was to sail at 6pm and I have pics of it headed out at 18:30 or 6:30pm.  

makes me wonder when we head out Saturday.  

OMG!!

Joining a little late, and I have a lot to catch up on the reading,

but I'm so happy I found you guys.  Thank you for taking us along.

Can't wait to see all of the pictures and postings.

Super excited!!

• Like 2

Just now, KmomChicago said:

Still just sitting there and it’s nearly 9 locally? IMG_2933.thumb.png.5a72c81fa1e8d57aa3ff369f420fbd1c.png

Maybe they are waiting for Ken to finish his Chops dinner.

@Ourusualbeach Did we miss something?  It's not three days at port is it.

I don't ever remember a Royal Caribbean ship leaving this late.

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We need video! Curious if it lives up to the hype.

There are so many great videos and pictures out there by others with a lot better phography skills than me that I probably won't post a lot.

Therefore a few that I will attempt though.  

On FB look fir cruise director Mitch.  A former cruise director who is now an account manager with Royal close to me  has done a bunch of great videos.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Hard pass for me!  Hahahah

Looking forward to all your thoughts. And if Ken has survived.. his thoughts too.  😂

I'll let you know in the morning.  The night is yiuung, Phoenix takes the stage at midnight. Lost count of drinks a long time ago but haven't had the same thing twice.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

I'll see what I can find out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Specialty dining for this sailing is by invitation only.  Tonight we received an invitation to Chops with my account manager, another account manager from Western Canada and her assistant.

Chops on Icon has the same menu as the rest of the Fleet plus an added selection of Iconic cuts, of course for an upcharge but for our sailing were free.Screenshot_20240123_230542_Royal.thumb.jpg.93a4a5a2eda6e67ab23c68e3b2c304e0.jpg

I stuck with my tradition of shrimp cocktail, forest Mushroom soup and the filet except this time I chose the Iconic Wegu Filet.  Screenshot_20240123_230542_Royal.thumb.jpg.93a4a5a2eda6e67ab23c68e3b2c304e0.jpg

It was the best steak hands down thst I have had on a ship and something that I would even consider paying for on a future sailing.20240123_210217.thumb.jpg.7df9afbb4d3f9fb6ed51e38d253d04e1.jpg

One in our group ordered the 32 Oz tomahawk and left only a bare bone.  A serious case of the meat sweats will surely follow.

20240123_200711.thumb.jpg.ed56f6b91762e3d94519cb5a5aec587d.jpg

20240123_202751.thumb.jpg.ef7ead1367aa24d0d8444de40d1e7446.jpg

• Like 20

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

One in our group ordered the 32 Oz tomahawk and left only a bare bone.  A serious case of the meat sweats will surely follow.

Wow crazy.  I can't imagine eating 32 oz of meat. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It was fun but not $90 worth of fun.  I'll cancel my reservation for next week but still pay for my son's so he can say been there done that. 

Sorry what was not worth $90? I am already having trouble keeping up apparently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Specialty dining for this sailing is by invitation only.  Tonight we received an invitation to Chops with my account manager, another account manager from Western Canada and her assistant.

Chops on Icon has the same menu as the rest of the Fleet plus an added selection of Iconic cuts, of course for an upcharge but for our sailing were free.Screenshot_20240123_230542_Royal.thumb.jpg.93a4a5a2eda6e67ab23c68e3b2c304e0.jpg

I stuck with my tradition of shrimp cocktail, forest Mushroom soup and the filet except this time I chose the Iconic Wegu Filet.  Screenshot_20240123_230542_Royal.thumb.jpg.93a4a5a2eda6e67ab23c68e3b2c304e0.jpg

It was the best steak hands down thst I have had on a ship and something that I would even consider paying for on a future sailing.20240123_210217.thumb.jpg.7df9afbb4d3f9fb6ed51e38d253d04e1.jpg

20240123_200711.thumb.jpg.ed56f6b91762e3d94519cb5a5aec587d.jpg

20240123_202751.thumb.jpg.ef7ead1367aa24d0d8444de40d1e7446.jpg

Okay so I have never eaten at Chops (have only been on two RCI cruises) and have eaten at the Carnival steak house just once. 

Is there never linen / tablecloths at any of the Chops locations?  Do people whine and moan endlessly about the lack over here on these boards (they did have a tablecloth when I ate at the Carnival steak house, but they do not have them in the MDR and this fact alone has permanently ruined cruising for some people who are unable to let them go.