LIVE!!! ICON OF THE SEAS INAUGURAL

Packing now about 95% complete.

For the 3 day I am taking my sister as Vikki is teaching and can't take time off, Sarah is in the middle of her placement for school and she can't take time off and Toby is joining me on the inaugural.  It worked out to only be a couple extra days off school for him to do the 7 day vs the 3 day so that made the decision easy for him.

I was going to pack some ducks but decided that this really would not fit in my carry on and I think Vikki would notice him missing

Duck 1.JPG

• Like 10
  • Haha 15

18 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

I am going to be making a direct line to the WJ when we board in hopes of mounds of fresh seafood. Would be wonderful to have a  seafood feast included in the cruise price. 

DW was just showing me pics posted on FB of today's WJ for those on the 1st 3 days out.  Filet mignon, lobster 🦞, clams, etc.  I bet on the 2nd 3 day @Ourusualbeach will post pics of it to get us excited.   Let's hope it carries on when we all get on!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I would love to see wha the Aqua Theater looks like 

Ken, I’d also love to see pics of your large aft facing balcony room. That’s one thing we miss on Oasis class ships!

At today’s prices, I’m not likely to book Icon, especially since she’s doing s Horta Bahamas s cruises. How ever, for the right price and an itinerary with the 4 day going somewhere other than the same 2 Bahamas ports like our upcoming B2B on Allure I could be tempted.

I will definitely be following along here!

• Like 4

A couple other pictures of our backyard. 

Duck2.thumb.JPG.658152f904d4ec1e81a59df04dc176b0.JPG

We had this done in the fall of 2022.  The Crown and Anchor logo started out with our landscaper suggesting that he could do an inlay of a star or Dolphin.  I quickly grabbed my phone and asked if he could do this and he said absolutely.  Fits with the pool theme for those that don't know but those that know, know.

Wide angle.JPG

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 29

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

DW was just showing me pics posted on FB of today's WJ for those on the 1st 3 days out.  Filet mignon, lobster 🦞, clams, etc.  I bet on the 2nd 3 day @Ourusualbeach will post pics of it to get us excited.   Let's hope it carries on when we all get on!

It is a great spread.  I've been lucky enough to indulge on the Odyssey, Wonder and Allure.

What I have also heard and I am hoping it is true is that dinner is the same kind of feat for the Inaugural.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, perfect match said:

I would love to see wha the Aqua Theater looks like 

Ken, I’d also love to see pics of your large aft facing balcony room. That’s one thing we miss on Oasis class ships!

At today’s prices, I’m not likely to book Icon, especially since she’s doing s Horta Bahamas s cruises. How ever, for the right price and an itinerary with the 4 day going somewhere other than the same 2 Bahamas ports like our upcoming B2B on Allure I could be tempted.

I will definitely be following along here!

The room will be the exact same as all of the other balconies but I will definitely post pictures of the balcony.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was going to pack some ducks but decided that this really would not fit in my carry on and I think Vikki would notice him missing

Duck 1.JPG

Take the duck.  It could be like a Friends of Daryl live report!

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

Please do.bill is adamant he is not going to the WJ, but I dont want to miss out on the good stuff.  May have to encourage him with your pictures.   I saw the compass on Mitch M fb page and it did not look like the flowrider was operating on these first cruises.  Hopw Imissed it

Gotta go to the Jammer on first day of Inaugural!!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CaribbeanCrushed said:

Will she be in port on the 26th? We are cruising out of port Everglades on the 27th, but would love to drive down if there is a chance to see her. 

I do not know if she is spending the night or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

A couple other pictures of our backyard. 

Duck2.thumb.JPG.658152f904d4ec1e81a59df04dc176b0.JPG

We had this done in the fall of 2022.  The Crown and Anchor logo started out with our landscaper suggesting that he could do an inlay of a star or Dolphin.  I quickly grabbed my phone and asked if he could do this and he said absolutely.  Fits with the pool theme for those that don't know but those that know, know.

Wide angle.JPG

Safe travels Ken!

E.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1