Sun Princess Staterooms & Categories

On 3/28/2024 at 10:28 PM, vjmatty said:

I think this picture might answer your question. It’s taken from the sphere looking out onto the balcony of 9361

IMG_0003.png

Yes, that's exactly what I was wondering about. Thanks for the photo!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cruz4Sun said:

Yes, that's exactly what I was wondering about. Thanks for the photo!

You’re welcome! I thought of you as soon as I saw it on the cruise deck plans website. 

On 3/20/2024 at 5:01 AM, northbeachgirl said:

We are currently in 5429 it is an ocean view and it has a terrible noise and vibration problem. The room is above machinery which runs 24/7. Do not book this room. We have had maintenance look at it as well as the deck supervisor and they all say the same thing, nothing can be done and they need to move us. 

I was worried that all deck 5 ocean view cabins were going to be noisy but we are currently in 5318 and all though it does have some noise when we are underway once docked it is quiet. I love the window seat but I would never book an ocean view again. I would prefer an inside cabin on a higher deck. Guest services has been a struggle for us as we are onboard for 3 b2b’s. Every 10 days we had multiple communications with guest services struggling to get a place to sleep because 5429 was uninhabitable due to the noise issues.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 12:44 PM, KeithMoon said:

We have 2 connecting Reserve mini suites for next summer. We had a hell of a time finding connecting mini suites where one room sleeps 3. I had assumed that the sofa converts to a bed. Does anyone know if they do? Or when there are 3 in a room, does a bed pull down from the ceiling?

I believe that the couch converts into a bed in the mini-suites designed for 3 or more. 

We have book Reserve Class Mini-Suite during March, 2025 on Sun Princess.  We are a party of three and found out that most Mini-Suites are limited to two people.  The majority of Mini-Suites available for three people are connecting.  

We have heard that connecting cabins are usually noisier.  

Any comments about this?

Hello! Looking or any additional information on Sun Princess Cabin 14101 (or 14102,14103, 14104).  They all seem like they will be a tad larger than the other deluxe balcony cabins, is this just a misprint on the ship's deck map? 

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 2.52.08 PM.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ruby Monroe said:

Hello! Looking or any additional information on Sun Princess Cabin 14101 (or 14102,14103, 14104).  They all seem like they will be a tad larger than the other deluxe balcony cabins, is this just a misprint on the ship's deck map? 

I haven’t seen interior photos but pictures from outside the ship show that the balconies are quite buried under the bridge. My worry was it would make the cabins very dark and limit visibility and photos from the balcony, so I chose not to book any of them. 

36 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I haven’t seen interior photos but pictures from outside the ship show that the balconies are quite buried under the bridge. My worry was it would make the cabins very dark and limit visibility and photos from the balcony, so I chose not to book any of them. 

We have 14101 and 14102 booked for July on the first of a two week cruise, switching for the second week as they were not available. Will be interesting to see. Hopefully will have photos from someone soon. 

4 minutes ago, abouna said:

We have 14101 and 14102 booked for July on the first of a two week cruise, switching for the second week as they were not available. Will be interesting to see. Hopefully will have photos from someone soon. 

Oh ok, so you booked the cabins across from each other? Looking at the deck plans it seems like a long walk from one side to the other but depending on which family members are traveling with you that might not be such a bad thing 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Oh ok, so you booked the cabins across from each other? Looking at the deck plans it seems like a long walk from one side to the other but depending on which family members are traveling with you that might not be such a bad thing 😉

Sorry, next to each other 14102/14104, so a nice big space in any case.

• Like 1

Guest Pops37
18 hours ago, Ruby Monroe said:

Here are screenshots of 3 of them. There's a difference.

Screenshot_2024-04-03-08-42-59-13_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-08-43-09-41_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-08-43-17-01_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Pops37 said:

Here are screenshots of 3 of them. There's a difference.

Screenshot_2024-04-03-08-42-59-13_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-08-43-09-41_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-08-43-17-01_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

I don't' think those are accurate because they are listed as the same size as a regular deluxe balcony and those sizes generally include the balcony, plus the photo is a stock photo for a normally configured deluxe balcony. 14103 and 14203 (an accessible room) look about the same size on the map, but 14103 is listed at the generic 236 sq. feet vs 318 for the other one.

Edited by abouna
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know how to tell which cabins will hold 3 passengers?

There used to be little symbols next to cabin numbers but I can't find them for the Sun.

EDIT: I figured out how to find it.

Edited by chamima

10 minutes ago, chamima said:

Does anyone know how to tell which cabins will hold 3 passengers?

There used to be little symbols next to cabin numbers but I can't find them for the Sun.

Go to deck plans for each deck and enter 3 guests. All the cabins for three will highlighted.

image.thumb.png.0ff28474392df84959e047e016c0f154.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2024 at 12:46 AM, northbeachgirl said:

I was worried that all deck 5 ocean view cabins were going to be noisy but we are currently in 5318 and all though it does have some noise when we are underway once docked it is quiet. I love the window seat but I would never book an ocean view again. I would prefer an inside cabin on a higher deck. Guest services has been a struggle for us as we are onboard for 3 b2b’s. Every 10 days we had multiple communications with guest services struggling to get a place to sleep because 5429 was uninhabitable due to the noise issues.

I am interested in hearing more about the ocean view room experience. I have 2 of them booked for next year and am also concerned about noise. We do not spend enough time in our room to warrant the extra money for a balcony. I usually am fine with an inside room, however, the ones on the Sun appear to be claustrophobic. Can anyone elaborate on the pros and cons of these 2 cabin types?  Noise is a huge issue for me.  Thanks! I just did an 11 night on the Ruby in an inside cabin and had a wonderful experience.

• Like 1

We were on the 3/19 Sun Princess and were in a Cabana Mini Suite on the Sphere deck 12.  Specifically 12422.  We loved this stateroom. The cabana area is a great buffer between your room and the balcony and there is an accordion door between the cabana area and the balcony so you can open it up to one contiguous space. The balcony on the Sphere was larger than others so we loved that as well. The cabana was a great place to hang out and eat room service and feel like you were not in your room if you didn't want to be on the balcony.  We would book this category again for sure. There are also 2 televisions in this stateroom - one in the bedroom and one in the cabana which was nice, even though we didn't watch them much - was a nice separation. We met some people who were in the reserve cabana mini suites on deck 9- which have sparked conversation. They said that they loved it and felt like their own little sanctuary - despite others that are  shared the same cabana area. I can confirm that those deck 9 cabanas cannot be accessed by others, even those like us in cabana mini suites on other floors. That deck 9 cabana area is reserved only for those on that cabana deck in those mini suites.  Hope this information is helpful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, andreakul said:

We were on the 3/19 Sun Princess and were in a Cabana Mini Suite on the Sphere deck 12.  Specifically 12422.  We loved this stateroom. The cabana area is a great buffer between your room and the balcony and there is an accordion door between the cabana area and the balcony so you can open it up to one contiguous space. The balcony on the Sphere was larger than others so we loved that as well. The cabana was a great place to hang out and eat room service and feel like you were not in your room if you didn't want to be on the balcony.  We would book this category again for sure. There are also 2 televisions in this stateroom - one in the bedroom and one in the cabana which was nice, even though we didn't watch them much - was a nice separation. We met some people who were in the reserve cabana mini suites on deck 9- which have sparked conversation. They said that they loved it and felt like their own little sanctuary - despite others that are  shared the same cabana area. I can confirm that those deck 9 cabanas cannot be accessed by others, even those like us in cabana mini suites on other floors. That deck 9 cabana area is reserved only for those on that cabana deck in those mini suites.  Hope this information is helpful.

Didn't it bother you to see people siting tight outside your cabin door during the day and maybe even at night? 

The privacy issue seems to be a drawback compared to a regular balcony cabin.

I don’t remember who was asking about the forward most cabins on deck 14, but here is a photo from the outside with the second cabin (14104) highlighted. It looks like that balcony should be fine but the one in front of it is pretty crammed under the bridge, which I think might make the cabin very dark. I’d definitely choose 14103 or 14104 if I were inclined to sail in this area of the ship, since I always take lots of pictures off the balcony. 

IMG_2579.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, andreakul said:

THANK YOU!!!!

This is the best description of what it's like sailing in a cabana mini suite that I've read!

I have a question - if you've sailed in a regular balcony cabin in the past, was the cabin darker than that because of the enclosed cabana area between it and the balcony?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chamima said:

THANK YOU!!!!

This is the best description of what it's like sailing in a cabana mini suite that I've read!

I have a question - if you've sailed in a regular balcony cabin in the past, was the cabin darker than that because of the enclosed cabana area between it and the balcony?

No it didn't feel darker at all. There was a lot of natural light still.  We also liked the fact that the cabana was a buffer for wind noise from the balcony. Here is a picture with the accordion door open to the balcony to provide one large open space.

cabana door.png

Edited by andreakul
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, 555 said:

Didn't it bother you to see people siting tight outside your cabin door during the day and maybe even at night? 

The privacy issue seems to be a drawback compared to a regular balcony cabin.

We were in a sphere cabana mini suite on deck 12 and not in one on deck 9 which has the cabana area adjacent to them.  We met a couple who were in one and I was commenting on their experience that they shared with us--that they liked it and felt like they had a private hot tub and area much to themselves for the most part.  I couldn't get out on deck 9 to see the cabana area myself because that area was restricted only to deck 9 mini cabana suite guests. 

• Thanks 3

On 4/1/2024 at 1:46 AM, northbeachgirl said:

Do you have pictures of these rooms? I wonder if there are others like 5429 that are noisy or if more are like the one you are in now.

Is the noise the reason that you would prefer an inside higher up? The insides look really small from the one picture I have seen. I think the average sq. footage of them is substantially less than the insides on other Princess ships.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Penthouse 16620 or 16621

Hello, if anyone has booked one of these accessible rooms, we would love to see a video of the room including the accessible bathroom and the whole balcony looking to the aft and wake. Thank you.

Edited by Nikkibird
  • Like 2

On 4/8/2024 at 7:28 AM, RNRcruisers said:

Do you have pictures of these rooms? I wonder if there are others like 5429 that are noisy or if more are like the one you are in now.

Is the noise the reason that you would prefer an inside higher up? The insides look really small from the one picture I have seen. I think the average sq. footage of them is substantially less than the insides on other Princess ships.

This is an ocean view, 5318 pretty cabin, but you are going to hear engine noise while underway and also when you get to port and they open the door for debarking . If you are sensitive to noise you should consider getting a cabin on a higher deck. The sideways inside cabins looked spacious from what I could see as I walked past on deck 17. 

IMG_5499.jpeg

• Like 2