“Live From” the Grandeur or Z and TB Live the High Life in the Caribbean!

16 minutes ago, Gpilon said:

Originally from Montreal and every time back head to Schwartz for best smoked meat anywhere. Although, have to admit we frequently order from Katz's as it is always terrific and shipped with care. We are on Grandeur in July…..3rd seat from the left at bar pool is mine. 

I’m typically on the third seat from the right. 

Z and TB

6 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

I’m typically on the third seat from the right. 

Z and TB

Let’s hope one day we meet on a cruise and enjoy pool bar cocktails together. The person between us will not like it, but WTH, I think we would make great drink mates. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Having been born in Manhattan and lived in the lower east side, I would have loved to stay in NYC for a while to sightsee and visit family.  But, we have two cats at home that cost an arm and a leg to baby sit.  Regardless, I plan to take The Boss to Katz Deli (as if we need more food).

Z and TB

Our cats pretty much own the house; we just pay the mortgage. And yes, pet sitting gets expensive, but we are very glad that we have someone from our vet's office, right around the corner, willing to do it. Dreading leaving them for over two weeks later this summer, but really glad that we now have "cookie cameras" that we can use to not only check in on them, but also talk to them and toss them treats, which we call "cookies" in our house, (The cats do know the word and come running when they hear it.)

Have a great cruise! We look forward to seeing your posts and living vicariously through them! And yes, pastrami from Katz's sounds great!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gpilon said:

Originally from Montreal and every time back head to Schwartz for best smoked meat anywhere

Hear Hear! We have a cruise leaving from Montreal later this year, and added an extra day just so we could be sure and get to Schwartz!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RELS said:

Hear Hear! We have a cruise leaving from Montreal later this year, and added an extra day just so we could be sure and get to Schwartz!

If having lunch there, I would suggest arriving around 11:30. There will still be a line outside but it moves very quickly. Let me know if you want any other suggestions for Montreal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Greetings, All! We’re joining you today as well, and are fortunate enough to stay on for the crossing to Barcelona! Don’t know how much we’ll add to this thread, but I’m sure I’ll chime in every so often.

Like many others, our flight was also cancelled. 5:30a departure from STL yesterday cancelled at 6:48p Saturday. Offered a ridiculous alternative flight arriving in Miami at 10 pm-ish in basic economy in 2 separate areas of the plane. No thanks! Scrambled and got the last 2 seats on a Delta flight with a 4 hour layover in ATL. Not a bad airport to chill in for a while, then that flight was delayed. My stomach was completely in knots! Finally boarded and made it to Miami. Then greeted by stand-still traffic from an emptying music festival downtown. I have never been so glad to see a hotel room in my life lol It was a seriously long day.

Had a wonderful dinner at Gyu-kaku! First timers. Think Melting Pot, but a grill in the middle of the table instead of fondue. Was fun and delicious.

We’ve been waiting 2 years for this cruise and are thrilled to finally be leaving! Looking forward to meeting y’all around the pool bar or mutual excursions! This is gonna be epic!

Cheers!

Ash

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AshD said:

...fortunate enough to stay on for the crossing to Barcelona!

We'll be on that crossing too - can't wait. Then a week after in Barcelona and Madrid. 

Enjoy your cruise!

5 hours ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

The Grandeur is at Terminal J this morning, just like our boarding pass says. Five other big ships in port too! 

IMG_6941.jpeg

What app is this?

We got to terminal J at 1045 and were quickly checked then told to wait 30 minutes to board.  We were onboard at 1145 and went straight to La Veranda (chow hall) for lunch where we had a very tender prime rib and shrimp. 
IMG_2066.thumb.jpeg.1ca6bdc05e381d776e846bd08c49c7b8.jpeg

We are currently waiting for the cabins to be released so we can unpack although I already snuck into our cabin to change clothes.  

We walked around the ship and saw the Faberge egg (it’s so little!) 

IMG_2067.thumb.jpeg.01067fba978fc27be111b0fd66b9739c.jpeg

and then walked into the stunning Compass Rose.  
IMG_2069.thumb.jpeg.0ed64ef20a3563ce874e16fd4bc5cc8b.jpeg

This is an incredibly beautiful ship that has this Newyorican star struck.  

TB is being recognized everywhere. 

Z and TB

• Like 4

Hi Kids!

Bon Voyage from a couple of the "Legendary Explorer TA " sailors! Now that was a great time!

John and I enjoyed the Grandeur in Feb. and will again in November. We're actually meeting Jackie and Dennis in NYC, before they head off on the Grandeur TA, NY to Barcelona(?).

Wishing you a wonderful cruise, take care of the pool bar for us, best to TNR!

18 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

Hi Kids!

Bon Voyage from a couple of the "Legendary Explorer TA " sailors! Now that was a great time!

John and I enjoyed the Grandeur in Feb. and will again in November. We're actually meeting Jackie and Dennis in NYC, before they head off on the Grandeur TA, NY to Barcelona(?).

Wishing you a wonderful cruise, take care of the pool bar for us, best to TNR!

I can’t believe that we will miss Jackie and Dennis since they board when we get off.  Real shame.  

Z and TB

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zqueeze1 said:

I can’t believe that we will miss Jackie and Dennis since they board when we get off.  Real shame.  

Z and TB

And they get off when we board in Barcelona!  So glad you’re now on board!!!

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 9:59 AM, GMIAC said:

You're going to have a great time. I'll look forward to reading along.

We weren't back three days last December before we booked our next sailing.

Don't be trashin' the ship. We board on 4/10 for the NYC-Barcelona trip. 

We board in NYC as well.  Excited to hear Jackie and Dennis will be onboard.  We have a bunch of other friends on too. 

Z, TB looks stunning as always.  Don't drink up all the booze--particularly the red wine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RachelG said:

We board in NYC as well.  Excited to hear Jackie and Dennis will be onboard.  We have a bunch of other friends on too. 

Z, TB looks stunning as always.  Don't drink up all the booze--particularly the red wine. 

Thanks!  I do, too!  We will make sure you have plenty of vino.  

Z and TB

• Like 1

Good Morning!   Today is the first of two consecutive sea days.  Since I’m a morning person, it is still dark outside.  I love walking around the ship when it is empty and I have it all to myself.  There are not too many adjectives to describe its elegance. 

IMG_2079.thumb.jpeg.5977e631b5cfb0e4c9e8b6cc7841737b.jpeg

Although, we did wait a little to board yesterday, the process was well organized and went smoothly. That glass of champagne we got as soon as we boarded was so good and gave us the feeling of familiarity and comfort. 
IMG_2077.thumb.jpeg.b0f4a09c9b54af0aad136367f4d0541b.jpeg

Yesterday was spent making new friends and catching up with old ones.  It was a beautiful day with a great breeze.  TB was mobbed several times by her fan club.  Since I posted a pic of her on Sunday, she is recognized pretty often, which tells you that Cruise Critic is pretty popular with Regent cruisers.  

We went to the Meridian Lounge for pre-dinner cocktails and ran into Terri and Ray from Arizona.  We  knew they were onboard but could not find them until dinner.  

We had a late dinner last night which was perfect. The Boss had risotto and lobster and I had veal and a lobster tail.  The food, service, and wine were all excellent.  

IMG_2091.thumb.jpeg.9d89d4cc1061019fa5d7bc63a3ccb042.jpeg

Today, we are meeting several folks from our cruise critic family at the pool bar.

Z and TB

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Good Morning!   Today is the first of two consecutive sea days.  Since I’m a morning person, it is still dark outside.  I love walking around the ship when it is empty and I have it all to myself.  There are not too many adjectives to describe its elegance. 

IMG_2079.thumb.jpeg.5977e631b5cfb0e4c9e8b6cc7841737b.jpeg

Although, we did wait a little to board yesterday, the process was well organized and went smoothly. That glass of champagne we got as soon as we boarded was so good and gave us the feeling of familiarity and comfort. 
IMG_2077.thumb.jpeg.b0f4a09c9b54af0aad136367f4d0541b.jpeg

Yesterday was spent making new friends and catching up with old ones.  It was a beautiful day with a great breeze.  TB was mobbed several times by her fan club.  Since I posted a pic of her on Sunday, she is recognized pretty often, which tells you that Cruise Critic is pretty popular with Regent cruisers.  

We went to the Meridian Lounge for pre-dinner cocktails and ran into Terri and Ray from Arizona.  We  knew they were onboard but could not find them until dinner.  

We had a late dinner last night which was perfect. The Boss had risotto and lobster and I had veal and a lobster tail.  The food, service, and wine were all excellent.  

IMG_2091.thumb.jpeg.9d89d4cc1061019fa5d7bc63a3ccb042.jpeg

Today, we are meeting several folks from our cruise critic family at the pool bar.

Z and TB

We wish we were on board with you both! Miss “yous”! 
Pam, retirement looks good on you, beautiful 💗 & well rested! 
can’t wait for our next Grandeur cruise! 
Love  following along! 🚢😻

Hugs 😸💕💗😻

IMG_1337.jpeg

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, 1teach53 said:

We wish we were on board with you both! Miss “yous”! 
Pam, retirement looks good on you, beautiful 💗 & well rested! 
can’t wait for our next Grandeur cruise! 
Love  following along! 🚢😻

Hugs 😸💕💗😻

IMG_1337.jpeg

Damn, we miss you guys, too!  Tell John that you guys are meeting us in South Africa next January!

Z and TB

14 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Damn, we miss you guys, too!  Tell John that you guys are meeting us in South Africa next January!

Z and TB

Are you paying the air fare?? If so we will be there! 😻💕

• Like 1