The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday March 27th,

kazu

41 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Well I did something interesting this morning.  After reading @ger_77's cruise news, I told DH about it, and when he heard the word Morocco, he perked up, when he heard the word, Bermuda, he said, YES!  So, I am doing a cruise next November or in 584 days......and I get to meet Gerry and Maurice!  Yippee!  I really was afraid the DH didnt want to cruise anymore.  It turns out that he likes the days spent in one place before the cruise (like Rome, and now Barcelona) and the cruise is my thing. But I too love to see new things.  

Congrats on booking a wonderful cruise!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Well I had an interesting morning.  DH and I went on our usual morning golf cart ride.  We have a great development that we ride in.  While sitting at a stop sign a lady in a car cut the corner sharp and ran into the golf cart with such force it turned the cart 180 degrees and threw me out of the cart.  I hit the road very hard, bouncing my head off the road.  Ambulance ride to the emergency room. (There a total of 4 hours.)  Cat scan, xrays of hip, knee, and ankle were all negative. Lots of bruising.  Will feel it better tomorrow I'm sure.  No need for the care list, just giving an FYI.

Gosh that sounds painful.  Ouch!  Thank goodness all the tests were negative -- you could have been very seriously injured!  Wishing you comfort and rapid healing.

• Like 14

Well I had an interesting morning.  DH and I went on our usual morning golf cart ride.  We have a great development that we ride in.  While sitting at a stop sign a lady in a car cut the corner sharp and ran into the golf cart with such force it turned the cart 180 degrees and threw me out of the cart.  I hit the road very hard, bouncing my head off the road.  Ambulance ride to the emergency room. (There a total of 4 hours.)  Cat scan, xrays of hip, knee, and ankle were all negative. Lots of bruising.  Will feel it better tomorrow I'm sure.  No need for the care list, just giving an FYI.

Oh gosh - glad you're ok. Hope that driver is removed from behind the wheel; it could have been much worse for you. A head is not meant to bounce off the roadway. Extra hugs🤗 for you today - and an extra scoop of ice cream, if that's your thing🍧 

• Like 14

Oh Dixie, how awful.  I'm glad there were now serious injuries, but it's a good thing you got checked out.  I hope the bruising fades quickly and you feel better tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 12

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you weren't seriously hurt!  Please do be careful though, because you might find aches and bruises in the next number of days.  I do hope the lady's insurance will take care of any costs involved in you getting to the hospital, tests, etc., as it was her fault.  And an expired license . . . . I hope her family is made aware of this and they remove the car before she kills someone!

Since the license was expired I wonder if the insurance could have been as well.

Roy

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Some of the to-do list is now done, but we didn't get everything accomplished.  The new towel bar is up, but it didn't go too smoothly.  The new one was longer than the old one, so DH decided to shorten the new one so we didn't have to drill two new sets of holes and try to patch the old ones.  BTW, the new towel bar is a double one, other wise we would have just kept the old one in place.  The plan is to use the old one on another wall for the hand towels.  Hopefully, that and the door handle for one cabinet will be installed with a lot less trouble tomorrow.  I did get the last of the weed killer sprayed before the wind really started blowing.

7 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, and thank you all for the daily news. We managed to get our Covid boosters yesterday, and I am headachy, sore, and in a foul mood today - I really agree with the quote of the day!  Pat's appointment did not go so well yesterday, he has a follow-up next Thursday, the day before we fly out.   He also has the ENT that day, too, plus the cleaning lady will be here, so it will be a hectic day.  He brought up the suitcases yesterday, so I will be getting started on that.  

Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day, DD said it made her happy to see the sunshine, but today is overcast and I see some raindrops now.  My radishes have sprouted, but after a day or two, something or someone seems to be eating them, there are a lot of little birds around and I wonder if they are finding the sprouts tasty.  I will have to plant some more, and cover them.  My neighbour's beautiful camellia has bloomed.

IMG_4650.thumb.jpeg.21afd6dde1afcb9497c25a5d96e8b3e9.jpeg 

Outlook-pkbnb0zw.jpg.c6ccc5bedef676be46cd94567c9609a3.jpg

Ann, I'm sorry DH's appointment didn't go so well.  I hope he gets the all clear to travel next week.  The Camellias are lovely.

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

They are becoming more sociable, but strictly on their terms. Mona Lisa joins me upstairs at bedtime and lies next to me until it's time for her next patrol of the house; DaVinci gets into my lap whenever I sit down to watch television. The other day I was watching a report about cat hoarding and advised him not to watch, but he seems to have no interest in the actual programs. (Fergus liked shows with lions, and Sasha liked any with small, squeaky animals or birds.)

They agree that the service in this establishment is awful, just awful.

Paul, with cats, I doubt any service is up to their standards.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Well I did something interesting this morning.  After reading @ger_77's cruise news, I told DH about it, and when he heard the word Morocco, he perked up, when he heard the word, Bermuda, he said, YES!  So, I am doing a cruise next November or in 584 days......and I get to meet Gerry and Maurice!  Yippee!  I really was afraid the DH didnt want to cruise anymore.  It turns out that he likes the days spent in one place before the cruise (like Rome, and now Barcelona) and the cruise is my thing. But I too love to see new things.  

Great news, Annie.  I know you will enjoy the cruise, with the bonus of meeting Gerry @ger_77 and Maurice.

DH has a scrape on his elbow from hitting the wheel. And we found out her license was expired. Elderly lady. 

Dixie, I hope the lady's family takes away the keys and that her insurance will cover your medical and ambulance bill, plus any repairs to the golf cart.  Take it easy for a couple of days.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

My goodness, Dixie, that is terrible!  You could have been badly hurt especially hitting your head on the pavement.  Thank goodness tests were negative.  You should have quite a variety of colorful bruises tomorrow.  Hope it doesn't hurt too much!  My friend Susan and DH Scott got hit by a car while on their golf cart in the Villages.  Apparently that's pretty common down there.  I think a spot on the care list is deserved for you!

Wow, that's exciting news Annie!  I'm happy for you.  It will be fun to get together with Gerry and Maurice.  Congratulations!

DD spent 3 hours at the Florida Aquarium today watching Morgan do her job.  It's an interesting place to work and she has many varied jobs.  She enjoyed it a lot. I saw a video of Morgan's co-worker in one of the tanks cleaning algae with all the turtles crawling all over her.  I think they like people!   DD Facetimed us and showed us all the new furnishings at Morgan's apartment and it's really all set up and cozy for her.  DD will cook dinner tonight for Morgan since she worked all day.  They went to a fab Mexican restaurant this week and we plan on going back when we all go down for graduation.  The taco salad she tried was especially good, she said.  DD drives back up here tomorrow to spend the night and we will prepare one of the favorite dishes from back in the day when we had kids to feed every night.  Can't wait!

Safe travels to you DD tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Since the license was expired I wonder if the insurance could have been as well.

Roy

I was wondering the same thing, Roy.  I hope there is some insurance to cover Dixie's expenses.

Lenda

• Like 15

@summer slope.  I hope you wake up tomorrow with no aches and pains, ditto your DH.  I hope your cart wasn't damaged.  What a scary experience! 

@marshhawk congratulations on booking another cruise!   

We went to a more upscale place for late lunch but not fancy.  Just right.  Out there in the cat tails is mama swan sitting on her nest.  

IMG_20240327_153054856.jpg

IMG_20240327_153059359.jpg

IMG_20240327_170802752_HDR.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good rainy evening. I’m glad @summer slopeDixie you’re feeling okay after such a scary day.

There are some really disturbing posts on some other threads here lately. Some people forget to use common sense. 
Hairdresser appointment tomorrow and then Hershey for Botox on Friday afternoon.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 9

You've probably noticed the warnings on HAL and other cruise-line menus about meat that is not thoroughly cooked.

A post today on social media says that ground beef that is not cooked to well-done is unlawful in Canada: the person ordered a medium-rare burger in Ontario and was told that well-done is the only legal way they could serve it. Someone else said that, in the United States, Five Guys follows the same policy.

In the US, the CDC says that ground beef should be cooked to 160° F., which is well-done, but it's not law. The concern is that grinding mixes bacteria from the outside to the inside, which doesn't happen with steaks or roasts.

I so seldom eat in restaurants that I have no recent experience with this.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

One of the articles about the closure of the Port of Baltimore said that it could lead to shortages of automobiles, steel, and tofu. I knew that Baltimore was a major port for car imports, but tofu??

It turns out that any tofu shortage would be in Asia. Baltimore is also a major port for the export, not import, of tofu.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@summer slopeI'm worried about the bounce on the head, please take care if you feel dizzy or nausea.  DH bounced on his head and was out of it for more than a year.  And I do hope the person without the license, did not run out of insurance.  Were there police there at the scene of the crime?  Taking the right to drive a car from an elderly person takes away the last of their independence.  My dad was very sad when I suggested that he give up driving, until he didn't look both ways and pulled out into oncoming traffic.  He got back to his apartment and gave me the keys. If the person has a family near by, they need to start taking care of "mom".

@kochleffelIf I wanted to order a hockey puck for dinner, I will.  I like my ground sirloin medium rare.  Food should not be a dry disgusting thing.  But then again, I get a burger these days (a real one) about once every 4 months. And my favorite place to order one, went out of business.

@ottahand7What is the sauce on the shrimp tacos?  was it hot, or an asian sweet sauce? Both meals look yummy.

• Like 9

Greetings from the Volendam!

Today we took a great tour out of Papeete to waterfalls, gorgeous gardens, an underwater cave and more. Good day!

Two more ports in French Polynesia and then we will begin our trek to San Diego. 

IMG_4226.thumb.jpeg.cd5fc3ccb06458277ae8b5af78fcfcfa.jpeg

IMG_4212.thumb.jpeg.41bbe973f16dd5917975ab5f7eb4a962.jpeg

IMG_4207.thumb.jpeg.c5d0b13dd637a306dbd955c614be27a7.jpeg

IMG_4203.thumb.jpeg.eab621e6b13d02000730ade3148bc593.jpeg

IMG_4202.thumb.jpeg.fce60e3ee1158280b7f66151588b0ee2.jpeg

IMG_4173.thumb.jpeg.fa11aec693a99bbdb8cf580d5464e535.jpeg

IMG_4184.thumb.jpeg.1ef75fce88cfd754fcb4d0ac2f83da48.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

She thought she had just renewed her license. And her insurance has already contacted me. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2