The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday April 11th, 2024

kazu

Posted (edited)

@StLouisCruisers Ashley is beautiful and Finn is quite handsome!!

@puppycanducruise Bernie Woofster is absolutely adorable!!

@Seasick Sailor Ollie is precious!

@Overhead Fred thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. 

Unrelated topic- cancer has taken O J Simpson.

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 5

Good morning everyone, 

It's a cooler cloudy day here with showers in the forecast. I think it's a good day to stay home. I do need to do a bit of baking of something today to take to a potluck tomorrow. It's the widows support group one and desserts are always welcome so probably chocolate chip cookies. 

No pets here anymore. When DD DH was alive we had our share including ferrets, guinea pigs, turtles, hamsters and then cockatiels and parakeets. After the last cockatiels died I said "no more!". Hubby had all the enjoyment and I got all the cleanup! He had COPD so cleaning cages, etc. wasn't on his to-do list. 

I'll celebrate cleaning the pantry day today. I've been looking at mine, which is very roomy I think, and I really need to go through and pull the items I won't use and then rearrange it a bit. Also on the list today is getting April birthday cards ready to go and cleaning my desk in my craft room - a never-ending task. 

Karen

• Like 28

36 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

@StLouisCruisers Ashley is beautiful and Finn is quite handsome!!

@puppycanducruise Bernie Woofster is absolutely adorable!!

@Seasick Sailor Ollie is precious!

@Overhead Fred thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. 

Unrelated topic- cancer has taken O J Simpson.

I'm sorry to hear the news about O J Simpson.

Thanks for informing us.

• Like 10

I need to clean up my pantry, but with an acupuncture appointment and a class presentation this afternoon, it won't happen today. I'm nervous about the presentation, because I think some of the other students will disagree strongly with my conclusions. I haven't recovered from the time they criticized my religion for allowing meat even though all of theirs did, too.

I've often cited the Alice Roosevelt Longworth quotation. Her father (Teddy) is supposed to have said that he could govern either the country or Alice, not both.

Not sure about the flatbread. No on the drink. My father used to buy vermouth that came with a certificate from a former Pope. There is actually a Finger Lakes sweet vermouth, from Method Spirits, not Pope-endorsed.

cody.thumb.jpg.b3aadd22804326e9670689a462ca100d.jpg

• Like 16
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 55°F and partly sunny here.

Thank you for the FR&D.

National pet day is well deserved.

A good quote.

I will pass on the food and drink.

Prayers for better health for those on the care list.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy day.

Screenshot_20240411_112259.jpg

I'm from western Washington where Louie Louie originated....it's my ringtone on my phone.  🙂

• Like 18

ScreenShot2024-04-11at09_03_00.thumb.png.80d085b4a20143113f40e240cac0cde3.png

Good Morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  The "Louie Louie" Day made me smile, my pantry really doesn't get much in it (except for maybe my spices - need to look at those), and I will celebrate National Pet Day even though I no longer have a pet.  I love dogs but I like big ones and that wouldn't work where I live.  Cats are more my thing as they are so independent.  My shadow box is done:

IMG_7727.thumb.JPG.4b603fc2fc20103e6015e0637d4bebbe.JPG

Love the quote and the meal, no to the drink and wine and I have only been to Norfolk driving there.  What a fabulous day in history - Civil Rights!!

ScreenShot2024-04-11at09_07_56.thumb.png.740e22acafbb9df25b42c7b546e596f1.png

Sorry to read a lot of you have rainy/dreary/yucky weather!  Presently it is 66F and we may get to 90F today.  Sunny skies abound!!

ScreenShot2024-04-11at09_09_07.png.93925811258a98884c8fe786fe02c070.png

Just heard OJ Simpson has died after a battle with prostate cancer.  He was 76.

Day started early today - 0400.  Already been to the gym and a wrap on a research project I was in.  Today I have to refill the bird and hummingbird feeders.  Other than those things, nothing planned except to enjoy the weather.

@Haljo1935 Happy Birthday to your DH!  After looking at the feast @aliaschief posted I am hungry!!  Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating!!

Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all!

I've always liked the song Louie Louie, and it's my "State Rock Song".  There was a big movement trying to get it as the State Song, but I guess they compromised.  

Since I cleaned out the pantry before we left on the GANZ, it doesn't need it now, but I'm sure it will before long.  

We haven't had a pet since 2011 when our 17-year-old kitty passed and we started taking longer cruises.  But we have 2 Grand Dogs and 2 Grand Kitties.

Pepper and Rogue, DS's pups

Cuddles.thumb.jpg.3ae3895fab53d1d18d58f1b94a271ae5.jpg

Soot and Smudge, DD's kitties watching the squirrel through the window. I also have a video of their tails swishing back and forth, back and forth. Look at the expression in those ears!

Squirrelwatching.jpg.5da0d5cd101e64b1b6fecdfd105b1eca.jpg

I would probably like the drink, but will pass on the sweet wine and the meal.  It would be a lot easier to just eat a Chicken Caesar Salad and have a roll on the side.  🤣  I don't think I've ever been to Norfolk, and definitely not on a cruise.  

Vanessa @JazzyV I missed it while we were gone -- you're having surgery on the 22nd?  Prayers that this will finally give you the relief you deserve!

@Haljo1935 Happy Birthday to your DH!  This is also our son's birthday (50th!!)  How could he be that old when I'm only 35???

Terry @smitty34877 I'm glad to hear that Tana is doing a little better today.  Prayers that this continues.

@Cruzin Terri I hope you and your DH get some good news at his appointment today.  

Yesterday I spent all afternoon in the yard doing tons of weeding and general clean-up. Much needed after being gone 3 months.  I filled the tall yard waste bin, and was hurting last night!  Today the aches are gone, and we'll have rain for a couple days so it will be Saturday before I can go work on it again.

Our Luggage Forward site says our bags are in Marysville, only 15 minutes away.  I hope they'll give us some idea of a time frame today.  The NZ wine will be delivered between 10-2. 🙂  

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Now I'll be singing "Louie, Louie" all day! I don't have a pantry, but my kitchen cabinets are pretty organized. No pet here. I like the quote. Maybe on the meal, pass on the drink and wine. I've been to Norfolk and see a couple of the vintage naval ships (pre-digital age). The Civil Rights Act is supremely important.

It's warm (71F), but drizzly. We're supposed to get bad storms later tonight, with possible damaging winds and flood advisory. I'm sleepy. I have been up since 3:45. Picked BFF up at 6:45. Luckily it only took one pass with the Mohs surgery this time. Next Thursday he's having another small lesion done. It was tough walking in and out of the derm office; I should have used the rollator. I may get in the recliner and see if I can get a nap in, but my leg hurts in the recliner. Then maybe work some more on getting stuff put away again.

I just heard about OJ Simpson's death at 76, from cancer.

Happy Birthday to Haljo1935’s DH!  Cute dog pics.

@aliaschief That spread of food looks great!

@Heartgrove Wow, sorry to hear of all the difficulties DW Sue and DSIL are having on the Rotterdam, due to weather. Sam is gorgeous.

@kazu Ivan looks so content in "your" spot, lol.

@smitty34877 I'm glad to hear that Tana seems to be doing better. Prayers for all. And I'm glad the film crew is compensating you. Great photo.

@Mr. Boston I may have missed it, but are you buying/or already bought a new house?

@Seasick Sailor Oliver has that "who me" look on his face in the 2nd photo.

@Cruzin Terri I hope Jim's appointment went well.

@cunnorl Enjoy your time away in Boston and Cape Cod!

@marshhawk I hope you're feeling better soon and that DH gets to talk to his doctor about his hip. 

@Overhead Fred Thanks for the Bermuda photos.

@Haljo1935 Nice photos of the dogs.

@puppycanducruise Thanks for introducing us to Bertie Woofster.

@RMLincoln I hope DH gets an easy game plan from the oncologist. 

@StLouisCruisers Nice photos of the grand and great grand dogs.

@kochleffel The criticism by the other students sounds somewhat inappropriate.

@Nickelpenny Lovely shadow box for Martina. Hugs.

@Cruising-along Cute grand dogs and grand kitties. Happy 50th Birthday to your son!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 8

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon everyone.  It is a blustery rainy day here in SW Michigan.   A good day to get caught up on things since we were away for three days on our fling to New Buffalo.  

Thanks for the Daily Reports @kazu and the maps @rafinmd.   I am working on cleaning out the freezer so I will do that in lieu of the pantry.  My dear pets, two kitties passed away several years ago. @Seasick Sailor @Heartgrove @smitty34877 @kazu @Haljo1935 @puppycanducruise @StLouisCruisers @Cruising-along thanks for sharing your pet or family's pets. I am looking forward to maybe seeing @marshhawk crew of kitties too.    @Nickelpenny thanks for sharing the lovely shadow box in memory of Martina.   A funny quote today.  I will pass on all of today's comestibles.  I have been to Norfolk on land trips but have no photos.   

@JazzyV thanks for the Cares and Celebrations lists each day.  I hope that you are getting some sleep.  @smitty34877 I am happy to read that Tana's distress from her pneumonia is relenting and you have a possible short term back up.   @Cruzin Terri I hope that there is good news at the neurologist.   Prayers for everyone on our care list, those in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine and the innocents in Gaza.   

@Haljo1935  Happy Birthday to your DH!  🎂

@aliaschief  What a feast!   

Have a lovely Thursday.  Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 5

Good morning from a chilly 36 degrees here in Helper, Utah.  

We are back to work today after 8 days off and glad to be back, more cruise funds!

@Haljo1935 Happy Birthday to your DH!

I am so sad that they have not been able to locate the missing cruise passenger in Cozumel.  My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update. 

All went well at the Neurologist.  He feels that DH is doing well and medication remains the same.  Follow-up in 6 months. Told us to have a great trip.  If there is any problem prior to leaving to give him a call.

I really like this doctor.  He listens and is very willing to answer any questions.  He pays attention to questions from both of us. 

Thank you all for your kind comments and prayers.  It really means a lot.

I feel good about the trip to Italy and feel that we can go ahead without a lot of anxiety, taking one day at a time.

We just got back and going to have some lunch.

Thanks again.

Terri

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

@Hogladyrider I just found the article about the missing man in Cozumel.  His type of dementia would probably not make anyone think there was something wrong. I hope they find him, and I hope someone found him and is taking care of him. 

@Cruzin TerriGlad to read the trip is still on, and that the medications are doing their thing.  And that you like the doc.

My friend Charles who's wife has dementia finally realized that she can not be left alone at all. She will try to cook, and either never turns on the stove, or turns it on and forgets about it.  He works from home 4 out of 5 days, but on the day he is gone, one of his step daughters has to come in and stay with Mom.  He told me last week that she is now not remembering to get to the bathroom when she has to go.  I asked him if he had spoken to the doc about this, and he said no, should I be worried?  I said yes. Sometimes being with someone all the time, you don't notice the major changes that they are going through. DH and I notice because we don't see them as often as we used to.  Her personality has changed from a gracious person to someone who has temper tantrums because a restaurant does not offer what she wants to eat.  And what she will eat is cheeseburgers or lobster.  When we last cruised with them last May, he told her he couldn't afford for her to order lobster every evening.  So she stopped eating.  DH and Charles went one night for sushi, and Dan and I picked her up for dinner, and she refused to order dinner.  I said, Ann, you like steak, why not order one, and I can tell your hubby you are doing fine, and she did and she ate it.

Charles very much wanted to go on the next cruise, but because of her behavior, he is not even sure that they will get to the Florida Rental  trip this October let alone doing any planning for next year. 

@ottahand7Just for you- Tigger watching the Cornell Bird Feeder yesterday-

image.thumb.jpeg.bd1d5bf71ebf44dfe3334175531f5a4b.jpeg

Bobagingee in a contemplating moment-

image.thumb.jpeg.896836a250740ecf513d0fdc7c36872d.jpeg

Furnando wondering if he should eat the very VERY ripe bananas that our neighbors brought back from Vietnam-

image.thumb.jpeg.f42109014be6d467f7ea9e0316368628.jpeg

Tazi-before her nervous breakdown.

image.thumb.jpeg.62ac79c7ce022df1cd5a75b2ebe77e66.jpeg

And since I am the crazy cat lady-there is a very pregnant stray now living on the porch. I promised DH that when they are born, I will give them all away.  right.........

Very windy afternoon, but we did get the walk in the woods in, and we helped someone jump their battery, In that part of the park, there is no phone service, and you are basically screwed unless someone can help.  And while there were three cars parked there, as far as people?  just DH and I and the guy with the dead battery.  (In a mercedes no less)  him, not us.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

A sheriff's deputy who was gravely injured (skull fracture and brain bleed) in a foot chase of a suspect through a parking lot here about two weeks ago and airlifted to a trauma center has been released to rehab. He had an honor guard of dozens of law-enforcement officers and almost the entire staff of the hospital (many on the upper tiers of the atrium).

Deputy.thumb.jpg.02fa35b1abd449d5476ae7629cca1ffa.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Hogladyrider I just found the article about the missing man in Cozumel.  His type of dementia would probably not make anyone think there was something wrong. I hope they find him, and I hope someone found him and is taking care of him. 

@Cruzin TerriGlad to read the trip is still on, and that the medications are doing their thing.  And that you like the doc.

My friend Charles who's wife has dementia finally realized that she can not be left alone at all. She will try to cook, and either never turns on the stove, or turns it on and forgets about it.  He works from home 4 out of 5 days, but on the day he is gone, one of his step daughters has to come in and stay with Mom.  He told me last week that she is now not remembering to get to the bathroom when she has to go.  I asked him if he had spoken to the doc about this, and he said no, should I be worried?  I said yes. Sometimes being with someone all the time, you don't notice the major changes that they are going through. DH and I notice because we don't see them as often as we used to.  Her personality has changed from a gracious person to someone who has temper tantrums because a restaurant does not offer what she wants to eat.  And what she will eat is cheeseburgers or lobster.  When we last cruised with them last May, he told her he couldn't afford for her to order lobster every evening.  So she stopped eating.  DH and Charles went one night for sushi, and Dan and I picked her up for dinner, and she refused to order dinner.  I said, Ann, you like steak, why not order one, and I can tell your hubby you are doing fine, and she did and she ate it.

Charles very much wanted to go on the next cruise, but because of her behavior, he is not even sure that they will get to the Florida Rental  trip this October let alone doing any planning for next year. 

@ottahand7Just for you- Tigger watching the Cornell Bird Feeder yesterday-

image.thumb.jpeg.bd1d5bf71ebf44dfe3334175531f5a4b.jpeg

Bobagingee in a contemplating moment-

image.thumb.jpeg.896836a250740ecf513d0fdc7c36872d.jpeg

Furnando wondering if he should eat the very VERY ripe bananas that our neighbors brought back from Vietnam-

image.thumb.jpeg.f42109014be6d467f7ea9e0316368628.jpeg

Tazi-before her nervous breakdown.

image.thumb.jpeg.62ac79c7ce022df1cd5a75b2ebe77e66.jpeg

And since I am the crazy cat lady-there is a very pregnant stray now living on the porch. I promised DH that when they are born, I will give them all away.  right.........

Very windy afternoon, but we did get the walk in the woods in, and we helped someone jump their battery, In that part of the park, there is no phone service, and you are basically screwed unless someone can help.  And while there were three cars parked there, as far as people?  just DH and I and the guy with the dead battery.  (In a mercedes no less)  him, not us.

I am sorry to hear about Charles and his wife. It is very hard. I love the kitty pictures

I love the pict

Edited by smitty34877
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon, it's in the 50's here with rain in the forecast...I want to get in my walk, but I don't want to get wet😏

Not sure about the meal, and we haven't been to the port.  We were to Petra, from yesterday, but I didn't get to post!

@Cruzin Terrigood to hear a good report from the dr.

@Nickelpennyyour shadow box for Martina is beautiful

@smitty34877good to hear that Tana is a little better.  Hoping everyone gets some good sleep at your house. 

I'm enjoying all of the Pet pictures today!  Here is Cooper. He just had his 12th birthday! 🎂

Blessings on the rest of your day, karen

IMG_7652 copy.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

@RMLincoln I was very excited to read that your were taking a trip to Cape Cod for your birthday-so I thought I would share some photos to inspire you-

the beach at sunset in Chatham-

image.thumb.jpeg.013dadc3b10cdb89f6ff5ebd59da520b.jpeg

someone bringing in dinner-

image.thumb.jpeg.3ed31410b6f4e683e6f74d089b80c64d.jpeg

Cape cod cottages-

image.thumb.jpeg.74ccc826afd7e94007ee6d0bf91b63ea.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ff61ecd40419b8fcb88477bb37216a5b.jpeg

Skaket Beach, where the tide goes out forever, and you can walk out at low tide, and walk back in with the tide. This is my most favorite place in the world for family memories.

image.thumb.jpeg.59a617971af4719b9c725d3ae50d6b7a.jpeg

tide coming back in

image.thumb.jpeg.4f78f22a19c1b32018bd5214f7bd0ed2.jpeg

a day in the fog

image.thumb.jpeg.cd9444f32a09ed6e85f39affda44d44c.jpeg

Seal watch out of Harwich Port

image.thumb.jpeg.2eb34b14f373fe7972971d0181d1dc13.jpeg

Getting to the beaches in Provincetown

image.thumb.jpeg.39618937679183aba1eb66ac8dd376ca.jpeg

the marshlands

image.thumb.jpeg.d7f8b11ea1d781f9df8a2ac7682d490a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.281448afe6117be81804099a2da48291.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fff921d2b6f1e18bcf5dc8cf0e3308bb.jpeg

Years ago in the place where I took the picture of the swan, the area was known as Salt Kettle Pond  and my dad would take us out fishing for flounder.  Now it's part of the parks wildlife area, no fishing or boats.

A blustery day at one of the beaches north of Chatham- I cant believe we would get in the water here when we were little.

image.thumb.jpeg.a6c0a57955f63ae032c4c19af4d1e433.jpeg

Catmando and I for his first time to the Cape

image.thumb.jpeg.c13bd93c2f9b7be5347144d6c1f3b9e9.jpeg

On our first night on the Cape, September 9th, 2019-our anniversary, we ate on the boat, the Lobster Roll.

image.thumb.jpeg.a460ae3ff924b73961d3c002ccd73698.jpeg

We did not try this-

image.thumb.jpeg.4f83987de91978891227774d7da6cab6.jpeg

Because of these-

image.thumb.jpeg.107d1d8b0ef6e5a3aa39b427dd9fd621.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@RMLincoln I was very excited to read that your were taking a trip to Cape Cod for your birthday-so I thought I would share some photos to inspire you-

the beach at sunset in Chatham-

image.thumb.jpeg.013dadc3b10cdb89f6ff5ebd59da520b.jpeg

someone bringing in dinner-

image.thumb.jpeg.3ed31410b6f4e683e6f74d089b80c64d.jpeg

Cape cod cottages-

image.thumb.jpeg.74ccc826afd7e94007ee6d0bf91b63ea.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ff61ecd40419b8fcb88477bb37216a5b.jpeg

Skaket Beach, where the tide goes out forever, and you can walk out at low tide, and walk back in with the tide. This is my most favorite place in the world for family memories.

image.thumb.jpeg.59a617971af4719b9c725d3ae50d6b7a.jpeg

tide coming back in

image.thumb.jpeg.4f78f22a19c1b32018bd5214f7bd0ed2.jpeg

a day in the fog

image.thumb.jpeg.cd9444f32a09ed6e85f39affda44d44c.jpeg

Seal watch out of Harwich Port

image.thumb.jpeg.2eb34b14f373fe7972971d0181d1dc13.jpeg

Getting to the beaches in Provincetown

image.thumb.jpeg.39618937679183aba1eb66ac8dd376ca.jpeg

the marshlands

image.thumb.jpeg.d7f8b11ea1d781f9df8a2ac7682d490a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.281448afe6117be81804099a2da48291.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fff921d2b6f1e18bcf5dc8cf0e3308bb.jpeg

Years ago in the place where I took the picture of the swan, the area was known as Salt Kettle Pond  and my dad would take us out fishing for flounder.  Now it's part of the parks wildlife area, no fishing or boats.

A blustery day at one of the beaches north of Chatham- I cant believe we would get in the water here when we were little.

image.thumb.jpeg.a6c0a57955f63ae032c4c19af4d1e433.jpeg

Catmando and I for his first time to the Cape

image.thumb.jpeg.c13bd93c2f9b7be5347144d6c1f3b9e9.jpeg

On our first night on the Cape, September 9th, 2019-our anniversary, we ate on the boat, the Lobster Roll.

image.thumb.jpeg.a460ae3ff924b73961d3c002ccd73698.jpeg

We did not try this-

image.thumb.jpeg.4f83987de91978891227774d7da6cab6.jpeg

Because of these-

image.thumb.jpeg.107d1d8b0ef6e5a3aa39b427dd9fd621.jpeg

Great photos.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@RMLincoln how exciting a trip to Cape Cod my growing up "stomping grounds"!  

Even at Labor Day the traffic can be bumper to bumper so be sure and pack your patience in a LARGE suitcase!

You won't find fresher lobster unless you travel to Maine.

I highly recommend a whale watching excursion if it is in season.  One of the best values and trips we took back in 2016.  They excursions go out of P-Town and Plymouth.

If you have never been to P-town it is an experience very different today than back in the 70;s for sure.

The Atlantic ocean can be very treacherous and Cape Cod has had a reoccuring problem with sharks the past few summers so please be careful.  ENJOY!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Today's sunrise is from my 2014 MS Amsterdam cruise from Cape Town to Fort Lauderdale.  April 11 was a sea day from Ascension Island to Cape Verde:

dawn0411.jpg

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

That was an interesting comment by Alice Roosevelt Longworth.  If I repeated come of here comments on this site, I could get in some trouble on cruise critic.  Suffice to say her comments on some famous people were rather acid as well as humerus and at the same time offensive.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1