Unlimited Dining Package Advanced Reservations?

This has not been implemented. Still have to book onboard.. though my TA said on anthem I think he was able to book in the port before he boarded. .. but generally its book asap when you board. No new news.

On our last cruise in March on the Icon, when we boarded we actually made all the unlimited dining plans.  I "assume" still the same.  The cruise line picks the first night but you can modify and make all your reservations once on board.  Those with individual reservations have priority for times and restaurants, but we never had a problem as we like early dining and can be flexible about days for dining in each.  Enjoy   You also get lunch daily in speciality restaurants when they are open for lunch.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As others have suggested, when purchased, dining packages reserve a placeholder time on day one or two which would be confirmed or changed once boarded by visiting any specialty restaurant Maître D, who will manage your reservations for all restaurants for the week.  This is how the packages have historically been managed and was still in place on our recent NYE cruise.  I am not aware of any recent information from the cruise line that would suggest that is changing.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

There was talk about RCL allowing dining package customers to reserve before boarding. Anyone hear any updates about this?

Pre - cruise reservations has not been implemented.  During our recent b2b on Adventure OTS sailing 3.31.24 reserved as usual UDP slots on ship after boarding at Chops.  During HH I provided Crown Concierge(Vanessa) our 2nd leg 4.5.24 UDP reservations. She indicated a new software update would roll out during our 1st leg allowing direct UDP reservations while onboard.  I was doubtful! Checked the mobile application continuously. Nothing!  Now It's turn around day, consecutive cruisers round about to Homeland Security. Back on board ship, scan new card by security for 2nd leg!  Immediately opened mobile application and BINGO!  Yep! Hurray, was able to book all UDP dinner reservations myself on the mobile application 🙂  GREAT!  Hope this helps!

Edited by ChittyChittyBangBang

22 minutes ago, ChittyChittyBangBang said:

Pre - cruise reservations has not been implemented.  During our recent b2b on Adventure OTS sailing 3.31.24 reserved as usual UDP slots on ship after boarding at Chops.  During HH I provided Crown Concierge(Vanessa) our 2nd leg 4.5.24 UDP reservations. She indicated a new software update would roll out during our 1st leg allowing direct UDP reservations while onboard.  I was doubtful! Checked the mobile application continuously. Nothing!  Now It's turn around day, consecutive cruisers round about to Homeland Security. Back on board ship, scan new card by security for 2nd leg!  Immediately opened mobile application and BINGO!  Yep! Hurray, was able to book all UDP dinner reservations myself on the mobile application 🙂  GREAT!  Hope this helps!

Oopss!  This was on the Explorer OTS!

My very recent experience is that they are no longer making a "place holder" reservation for you on night 1 or 2.  I think this is a first step in implementing the pre-boarding reservation system.  I never understood the utility of that first "fake" reservation anyway.  I'm glad they're doing away with it....and hopefully that means that the pre-boarding reservation system is coming online soon.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I never understood the utility of that first "fake" reservation anyway. 

I think the placeholder was to assure securing a time on the books at one of the restaurants, as with the dining packages they want the initial experience to commence on the first night, or by night two.  So this secures that requirement, which can then be confirmed or adjusted on board, allowing the rest of the nights to be scheduled then.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 hours ago, ChittyChittyBangBang said:

How easy/difficult was it?  We all know how Royal IT can be…

Hopefully soon! I usually book Izumi separate since it always sells out and good times are hard to get with a package. Once onboard just tell them you want to cancel and use it a part of the package and keep the time slot 

1 minute ago, TeeRick said:

Looking for feedback on pricing (per night per person) for the UDP on ships without a Coastal Kitchen. 

You can see the planner (and prices) for any ship via the web tool hack: Web Tool for Accessing Cruise Planner for Any Royal Caribbean Cruise (Whether You're Booked or Not) - Royal Caribbean International - Cruise Critic Community

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChittyChittyBangBang said:

Very straight forward as far as rccl mobile application.  Select What restaurant, Who dines, Which day then What time!

Did you have to be connected to the ship wifi first?  

4 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Looking for feedback on pricing (per night per person) for the UDP on ships without a Coastal Kitchen. 

Within the last month, I paid $45 pp/pd on Brilliance and $46 on Indy - both included the tip.

• Thanks 1

I have one complimentary specialty dining from my TA and debating on

3 night package or UDP, which will bring my dh and me to four nights. 

We will be on the Odyssey.

Can we go to the same restaurant twice?
Are there any restaurants where we would have to pay extra on top of the UDP (or even 3 night)

to dine?
Thank you.

44 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Within the last month, I paid $45 pp/pd on Brilliance and $46 on Indy - both included the tip.

That is the current price online for my Indy cruise next year.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, js said:

I have one complimentary specialty dining from my TA and debating on

3 night package or UDP, which will bring my dh and me to four nights. 

We will be on the Odyssey.

Can we go to the same restaurant twice?
Are there any restaurants where we would have to pay extra on top of the UDP (or even 3 night)

to dine?
Thank you.

Yes, you can go to the same restaurant every time, if you want to, assuming they have reservation space for you.

Chef’s Table would be an additional charge as would Izumi Hibachi.  No extra charge for Izumi sushi.

10 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Just got ours for $36.75 pp per night including gratuity for our 8 night on Freedom next Spring. 

2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

FYI, the waiters only get a couple of dollars per meal. Most of the 18% goes into the overall ship pool.  We always leave $10 extra for the two of us. 

Oh goodie. A tipping post. Welp, this thread was nice while it lasted.

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2024 at 5:49 PM, RFerrington said:

Yes, you can go to the same restaurant every time, if you want to, assuming they have reservation space for you.

Chef’s Table would be an additional charge as would Izumi Hibachi.  No extra charge for Izumi sushi.

Thank you very much. Do you know or how would I find out what the additional cost would be on top of my package price.

Do the restaurants sell out quickly? I'm Diamond and wondering if I won't get on ship quickly enough or is it worth it to purchase "The Key". Would I get on faster than Diamond?