Transatlantic… how much wine????

8 hours ago, RRTcruiser said:

We are Diamond, almost Diamond + (regrettably only 6 points away) at time of sailing. Isn’t there an opportunity to buy bottles of wine on board at a discount or is that something that varies cruise by cruise?

You can buy wine and liquor pre-boarding and have delivered to your room.  I purchased Bombay Sapphire for my cruise on Jewel this past January.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/wine-liquor/alcohol-packages

5 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Although against the rules, I have heard some people who put two in the checked baggage and then carry two more in a carry on.  If you are D+, then you can also get a free bottle as your gift.  The 40% off lets you pay only about double for what some wines cost at the local wine store...

I've also read of someone whose suitcase was under the one who smuggled the wine on instead of carrying it on. Red wine bottles broke and dripped into their suitcase. They toss those luggage bags around. I wouldnt smuggle but then I'm not a big wine drinker enough to break the rules.

The folks with the red wine that soaked into their luggage were not happy. Wanted reimbursement from rcl for lack of screening for smuggled wine.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

The folks with the red wine that soaked into their luggage were not happy. Wanted reimbursement from rcl for lack of screening for smuggled wine.

Yeah, it's your fault we screwed up!  Typical. 

BTW it is indicated that wine should be in a carry on.  So apparently they can't read either.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Yeah, it's your fault we screwed up!  Typical. 

BTW it is indicated that wine should be in a carry on.  So apparently they can't read either.

How is it my fault. I never carried on a bottle of wine. As I said in Reed that on my roll call. 

My complaint is I get the same obc for owning stock 7 or 13 days. I have a 13 day TA booked. Still only $100 same as if it's a regular old 7 day. 

8 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

It is my understanding that the reason for the low limit goes back to an old tradition of people bringing a bottle of wine to toast their cruise at sailaway. Since there is only one sailaway, only one bottle.

We have as many sailaways as there are ports. 🥂

15 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

What about B2Bs? Can you board with the allowance for both cruises?

We have had them either hold the other 2 bottles and deliver them to the stateroom on the last day or when questioned I show them that we are B2B and they just let us keep them. 

Since they close out each cruise and you start new on the 2nd leg of a B2B, anything you purchase on the 1st leg at the liquor store on board gets delivered to your cabin on that last day also! I drink Kahlua & Bailey's over ice, so if I buy that during the first cruise, I know it will be delivered before the next cruise starts 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Don't feel too bad.  Reboarding Serenade in July, 62 nights.....only one bottle per person allowed to bring on during embarkation.   

Though the UDP they give us as benefit....definitely makes that problem go away.  😄 

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

How is it my fault. I never carried on a bottle of wine. 

Not YOUR fault.  I was referring to the people you commented about and their blaming the cruise line for not catching the wine they were smuggling and wanting reimbursement.  I was speaking from their point of view.  Sorry I wasn't more clear - LOL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Not YOUR fault.  I was referring to the people you commented about and their blaming the cruise line for not catching the wine they were smuggling and wanting reimbursement.  I was speaking from their point of view.  Sorry I wasn't more clear - LOL.

And I believe the post was about the peoples bag that was UNDER the bag that had the wine wanted reimbursement as they should

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, bigmoose7563 said:

And I believe the post was about the peoples bag that was UNDER the bag that had the wine wanted reimbursement as they should

I see that now - missed that detail.  I guess their complaint makes more sense!  Thanks for pointing that out. Too late to edit my initial response.  What was that I said about not being able to read.....LOL.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

46 minutes ago, ABC Cruisers said:

We have had them either hold the other 2 bottles and deliver them to the stateroom on the last day or when questioned I show them that we are B2B and they just let us keep them. 

Since they close out each cruise and you start new on the 2nd leg of a B2B, anything you purchase on the 1st leg at the liquor store on board gets delivered to your cabin on that last day also! I drink Kahlua & Bailey's over ice, so if I buy that during the first cruise, I know it will be delivered before the next cruise starts 🙂 

So if I read this correctly, anything we buy in the duty free liquor store aboard ship on leg 1 of a b2b will be delivered to us on the last day of that cruise and is ours to use throughout the 2nd leg of a b2b ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RRTcruiser said:

So if I read this correctly, anything we buy in the duty free liquor store aboard ship on leg 1 of a b2b will be delivered to us on the last day of that cruise and is ours to use throughout the 2nd leg of a b2b ?

They have to close out each cruise totally, they look at B2B cruisers as people ending their current cruise just like everyone else, so they bring any purchases or extra wine you have brought on board to your cabin on that last day. On turn around day, once everyone has cleared the ship, they will take the B2B cruisers off the ship to a room in the terminal and give you your new seapass card and you are then welcome to go back on board before the new cruisers are allowed to board or go explore the port until all aboard time

2 minutes ago, ABC Cruisers said:

They have to close out each cruise totally, they look at B2B cruisers as people ending their current cruise just like everyone else, so they bring any purchases or extra wine you have brought on board to your cabin on that last day. On turn around day, once everyone has cleared the ship, they will take the B2B cruisers off the ship to a room in the terminal and give you your new seapass card and you are then welcome to go back on board before the new cruisers are allowed to board or go explore the port until all aboard time

Thank you, but does that apply to liquor purchased in the ship’s duty free as well ?  can’t picture Royal Caribbean allowing alcohol revenue to slip through their fingers….. hoping it is a thing as we have a b2b scheduled.

We had seen that posted on a few threads before our B2B that they delivered any purchases from the duty free liquor store to your cabin on the last day and we were skeptical, but sure enough that's what they did. I even questioned the staff there before making the purchase so I wouldn't get stuck carrying the extra bottles back home and they said they have to close out everyone's purchases at the end of each cruise. 

2 minutes ago, ABC Cruisers said:

We had seen that posted on a few threads before our B2B that they delivered any purchases from the duty free liquor store to your cabin on the last day and we were skeptical, but sure enough that's what they did. I even questioned the staff there before making the purchase so I wouldn't get stuck carrying the extra bottles back home and they said they have to close out everyone's purchases at the end of each cruise. 

Thanks very much😎

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, RRTcruiser said:

Thank you, but does that apply to liquor purchased in the ship’s duty free as well ?  can’t picture Royal Caribbean allowing alcohol revenue to slip through their fingers….. hoping it is a thing as we have a b2b scheduled.

As I posted earlier, the way our friends did this was by purchasing the alcohol off the ship in a port of call and then security took it from them when they reboarded and held it for them until the end of the cruise.  The stateroom attendant returned it to them in their stateroom on the last night. There was no on board purchase record as a result. They then had it there for the second cruise of their B2B. This instance was on RCCL. Perhaps buying it on board may have different results.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I actually remember one trip where I had forgotten to purchase the flavored rum I use in my rum cakes until right after breakfast the morning of the last full day. Apparently a lot of people wanted to make liquor purchases that morning because there was a long line with only one frazzled clerk who was letting everyone just take their purchases with them. Could have had quite a party that night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RRTcruiser said:

They held mine until end of last leg. They do not deliver it at the end of the first leg. 

Have to buy it last day of first leg and bring it back yourself to your cabin.

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

They held mine until end of last leg. They do not deliver it at the end of the first leg. 

Have to buy it last day of first leg and bring it back yourself to your cabin.

That's still ok if you have to carry it to your cabin instead of them delivering it, it's available for the entire next leg of the B2B