Best ship for Sunset Bar

Hello,

We love the sunset bar on the Beyond and the Equinox.  We are thinking of trying the Reflection in March, as we love the 8 night ABC island cruises.  The seats at the sunset bar on the reflection do not look comfortable.  We enjoy spending the evenings there, what are your thoughts about the sunset bar on the reflection and what is your most sunset bar, which ship?

Posted (edited)

We've enjoyed them on all M and S class Celebrity ships we've sailed on. Have not found the seating to be uncomfortable. To be fair, we have not been on Reflection yet but will be in November, so I can let you know from first hand experience then.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

On 2 Ascent sailings I spent soooo much time in the comfy chairs on the stern side of the Sunset Bar. Super attentive bar staff. Loved the entire area.

• Like 2

They do vary a bit, but I have never had a bad afternoon at any of the Sunset Bars..my favorite spot on Celebrity.

Nice views when they open in the morning too.

• Like 1

We have been on Beyond and Sunset bar is very nice but for us hands down is Reflection. Will be on her for our 5th time next week! 

• Like 3

our years old  recollection is that on Reflection the bar itself is sort of circular..with chair hogs sitting there for hours..

The bar splits the aft area in half..not conducive to music..There are many lounger type seats in the sun..very crowded..

Sunset Bar area on Ascent is the best!

• Like 1

Been on all X ships except Apex.  We love the Sunset Bar and sometimes make our choice based on it!  Favorites are Beyond, Ascent and Reflection.

• Like 2

The best ship for the Sunset Bar is whichever one I'm currently on.  

I was on Reflection last December and the seating was fine. It didn't interfere with my drinking at all.  I was on Beyond 18 months ago and the seating there was also fine, with a much larger seating area than Edge or Apex.

Last time I was on (a year ago) S-Eq they had removed a lot of the seating they used to have there and people had to sit on the sides, by/on the grass areas, rather than the bar area.  It was strange.   It was like they moved a lot of the chairs and tables to the deck below for the eating area.

Posted (edited)

I was on Reflection in June 2022 and loved the Sunset Bar. I didn't find the seats uncomfortable whether at the bar itself or at a table or a bench. It was our favourite place to have a drink at any time of the day or night!

IMG_20240518_074609.thumb.jpg.cf4ecdce82eb21e1ea295d8d4b01a296.jpg

IMG_20240518_074620.thumb.jpg.59219a7c490d7bb8610bf4a4fd6df463.jpg

Edited by PurpleTraveller
  • Like 1