Interesting the update here on Celebrity Status match. Its a good thing Silversea included and levels changed

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We haven't been on a Royal ship in about 8-9 years so I just looked at the Pinnacles benefits - really 6 drink coupons, 40% off a beverage package, $10 off a $35 bag of wash and fold laundry, $5off $25 dry cleaning . Pinnicales will flock to X the Zenith benefits are so much better.   

I agree with you I think the Zeniths perks will get downgraded. Sad day for Celebrity cruisers.

It is a sad day. I don’t see any Zenith that are happy but the Pinnacles sure are😥

• Like 2

As indicated via Jason Liberty, this is a process of integrating Royal, Celebrity, and SilverSea. Benefits will eventually be the same. The cruise experience will also eventually be the same. As evidenced by the push with Coco Cay, Celebrity and Royal are becoming two sides of the same coin. I definitely felt like I was on a Royal ship in Coco Cay when they were blaring the "Perfect Day" song over the PA.

• Haha 2

Just my two cents. Many of the long time Royal cruisers are not happy with Royal moving to the larger ships and even though there have been rumors of a new smaller class ship possibly being built, I don’t see it and nothing has been announced. I still see only the large amenity filled ships geared to families in the Royal Caribbean future.

Now RCG is making it possible for the Royal OG to move, keep the perks and be happy with the smaller X ships. A win-win situation for RCG. At least that’s the way that I see it. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm rather pleased as I will be sailing on SilverSea for the first time next year.   It will be my first SS cruise and will get their highest level.    The only benefit I see is an upgraded bottle of bubbly, free laundry and 10% discount on my next booked cruise.

No big benefit --- 100VS equates to Select,  250 Elite, 350 Elite Plus and 500 Zenith -   Zenith pretty much get same perks as Elite.

image.thumb.png.94ea78ac76d76c38434c4a1ec73ad0c7.png

Great news for those trying Silversea. The various discounts are stackable and booking onboard is an additional 5%! The Laundry service is a step up from Celebrity and there is wet cleaning as opposed to dry cleaning - personally not a fan but it is more environmentally friendly. The basic Champagne is Pommery and I do not know what the upgraded bottle is. I am really surprised that the Elite benefits equate to 250 days of sailing on Silversea - hopefully Royal does not degrade the Silversea product. Time will tell...

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We haven't been on a Royal ship in about 8-9 years so I just looked at the Pinnacles benefits - really 6 drink coupons, 40% off a beverage package, $10 off a $35 bag of wash and fold laundry, $5off $25 dry cleaning . Pinnicales will flock to X the Zenith benefits are so much better.   

They also, like Zenith's, have access to the Suite/Concierge lounge even if not sailing in a suite. 

Unlike Zenith's, they can eat in the dedicated suite dining room, on a space available basis. 

17 minutes ago, cruising teacher said:

It is a sad day. I don’t see any Zenith that are happy but the Pinnacles sure are😥

Zenith members who want to try Silversea will be happy.

19 minutes ago, abbydancer2003 said:

I’d think the staff knows who you are and will know your type of status.  

I can see that on the M and S class ships but on the E class I would think that there are just way too many suite guest for them to recognize everyone.  

Oh well,  Not my problem so will just have to see how it goes on our cruise. 

The Pinnacles really make out with the free Deluxe Beverage Package vs 6 free drinks.  Not to mention free laundry and free Premium WiFi.  I do not see a lot of Zenith's rushing to Royal Caribbean sailins as a result of this, but I do see a lot of Pinnacles headed to Celebrity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I can see that on the M and S class ships but on the E class I would think that there are just way too many suite guest for them to recognize everyone.  

My sister just reminded me that to get into the lounge you have to swipe your card at a reader.  

so they would probably just not activate the card.  

Edited by abbydancer2003
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

It seems to me that this change is very beneficial for Pinnacle members and provides much less benefit for Zenith members.  From what I understand the Pinnacle benefits are not nearly as nice as the Zenith benefits.  That being the case (if it's true) I can see more and more Pinnacle members in particular coming over to Celebrity, causing even more crowding and even more raising of the already outrageously high prices.   Am I being too negative about this?  One reason I feel this way is I have zero intention of ever sailing on Royal and already Celebrity is marketing to younger people which is already drawing a lot of younger, Royal cruisers onboard.  This will just exacerbate the situation.  I am not criticizing younger, Royal cruisers.  It's not about that per se.  But it likely will raise prices again, cause even more crowding (families in cabins result in a higher passenger load than couples), and change the more quiet, soothing ambiance of Celebrity cruises even more than is already happening.

Many Pinnacles who have tried Celebrity think that Pinnacle perks are better, but they were only being matched to Elite. We (Pinnacle) are happy that at halfway to Zenith, we've gotten a boost to most of the benefits.  Now I need to call and take off the "all included" aspects of a few bookings. Even if the water down (pun intended) the drink package to 6 vouchers, I've always found that to be more than I should drink in one day.

17 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The Pinnacles really make out with the free Deluxe Beverage Package vs 6 free drinks.  Not to mention free laundry and free Premium WiFi.  I do not see a lot of Zenith's rushing to Royal Caribbean sailins as a result of this, but I do see a lot of Pinnacles headed to Celebrity. 

On Royal your Seapass card is coded for access. If you don't make the cut for the Suite Lounge, your card will not open the door. I have to think that Celebrity will do the same. We get free premium WiFi as well, and one bag of wash & fold. I'm sure that there will eventually be moaning that Pinnacles should have the unlimited drink package, but I suspect that Zenith will end up getting the short end of that stick and be limited to the 6 vouchers in due course.  If I had earned Zenith status, I would be very concerned.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We've sailed on the Edge many times in Suites.

Trust me, they know who you are and your status through the wonders of modern technology. 😉 And it's not just from you swiping your card.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

They also, like Zenith's, have access to the Suite/Concierge lounge even if not sailing in a suite. 

Unlike Zenith's, they can eat in the dedicated suite dining room, on a space available basis. 

I believe on Royal Caribbean cruises, Pinnacle access to the Suite/Concierge lounge is also on a space available basis. We are only Diamond Plus (but will become Pinnacle with the status match) on Royal Caribbean, but that is what I have heard and also read in this thread as posted by someone. 

21 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Have seen posts that some  Pinnacles have boarded and found a letter in their cabin that due to the number of Pinnacles on board they will not be able to dine in the Suite restaurant.  I doubt that if space is limited a Zenith will get in over a Pinnacle, and since they earned there status on Royal they should have priority.

24 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The Pinnacles really make out with the free Deluxe Beverage Package vs 6 free drinks.  Not to mention free laundry and free Premium WiFi.  I do not see a lot of Zenith's rushing to Royal Caribbean sailins as a result of this, but I do see a lot of Pinnacles headed to Celebrity

Zenith benefits are definitely better than Pinnacle benefits. On RCL, the internet is only comp’d on Oasis class. Quantum class, and Icon class ships. Laundry perk is the same on both lines, and the drink package is a big plus on X.

30 minutes ago, abbydancer2003 said:

My sister just reminded me that to get into the lounge you have to swipe your card at a reader.  

so they would probably just not activate the card.  

Not on Celebrity M and S class ships….no card reader at the door

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, critterchick said:

On Royal your Seapass card is coded for access. If you don't make the cut for the Suite Lounge, your card will not open the door. I have to think that Celebrity will do the same.

not on M and S class ships

8 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

we showed our cards to a person at the door on ASCENT.. .no card reader???

1 hour ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

As indicated via Jason Liberty, this is a process of integrating Royal, Celebrity, and SilverSea. Benefits will eventually be the same. The cruise experience will also eventually be the same. As evidenced by the push with Coco Cay, Celebrity and Royal are becoming two sides of the same coin. I definitely felt like I was on a Royal ship in Coco Cay when they were blaring the "Perfect Day" song over the PA.

It has been a long slow death of Celebrity as a modern luxury brand  that we once knew ...but we still like the ships and BLU so we sail on....

Have decided no  visits to Coco Cay based on recent posts.. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I was respite the question about Edge class. On M and S they usually know who you are.  The question was how’d they’d know on the edge class 

1 hour ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

There are certain "amenities" that are prohibited between brands. Upgraded bath amenities are provided to Royal guests on Celebrity. They are expressly prohibited to Celebrity guests on Royal.

Just an example.

Hello,

I can assure you that not only is that not a great loss, it may also be to your body's/hair's distinct advantage - were you/your cabin steward be able to locate any!

Regards,

Cublet

3 hours ago, karl_nj said:

Points don't transfer, just status. But if your status increases on one line, then it should increase on other lines. When I was Platinum in C&A, I was matched to Select in CC. When I moved up to DIamond in C&A, CC automatically moved up to Elite in CC. This is not a new status match, the only new bit is extending this past Elite/Diamond (and adding Silversea), so I wouild expect it to keep working as it did before.

Thanks for this. This was going to be my question. I started on Celebrity as Select based on matching with Royal. I've now earned - or will by the end of my cruise this summer - enough points on X to bump up to Elite on actual points. In the event that I go back on Royal Caribbean, you're saying it should bump me up to Diamond in C&A? Did you need to call about it ir did it just automatically happen?

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I agree with you I think the Zeniths perks will get downgraded. Sad day for Celebrity cruisers.

While I could see X permanently banning non-suite zenith guests from the retreat, I'd guess if there are further downgrades they would only be for new cruisers while existing are grandfathered 

14 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks for this. This was going to be my question. I started on Celebrity as Select based on matching with Royal. I've now earned - or will by the end of my cruise this summer - enough points on X to bump up to Elite on actual points. In the event that I go back on Royal Caribbean, you're saying it should bump me up to Diamond in C&A? Did you need to call about it ir did it just automatically happen?

It just automatically happened

• Thanks 1