Is there still a way to get your cabin mate the same C&A benefits as yourself?

Posted (edited)

You never could and you still can't.  The only way for tier status sharing is with a spouse, child, or significant other sharing the same residence address.  Otherwise actual C & A tier status with each is observed.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That’s a Celebrity thing. 

You can’t on  Celebrity either. I’m going on my first Celebrity cruise in a number of years soon and my cabin mate will not have my elite benefits (I’m elite by virtue of being diamond). Doesn’t really matter since their happy hour is only from 5-7 and I have early dining. 

On 6/3/2024 at 8:19 AM, JTJ said:

Is there still a way to get your cabin mate the same C&A benefits as yourself?

Agree with biker. I heard celebrity used to do that with cabin mates, never heard of it with roya and I've done royal about 20 years.

Marry him or her only way if they are adults or have them move in and declare them to be your significant other. They cant say married any more, since not all states allow same sex  marriage perhaps, Idk really, but it's never been a thing just because they share your cabin on royal. Pre covid I think maybe you were allowed a guest to such as top tier event, but havent heard that since covid.

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2024 at 9:47 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

You never could and you still can't.  The only way for tier status sharing is with a spouse, child, or significant other sharing the same residence address.  Otherwise actual C & A tier status with each is observed.

How does one do status sharing with a spouse?

On the Celebrity I saw something that said call their Captain's Club.

Can't find anything on Royal's website.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

How does one do status sharing with a spouse?

On the Celebrity I saw something that said call their Captain's Club.

Can't find anything on Royal's website.

Call Crown & Anchor Society @ 800-526-9723. They will arrange the necessary account numbers.  Essentially works the same as Celebrity.

On 6/4/2024 at 10:24 AM, gerif said:

You can’t on  Celebrity either. I’m going on my first Celebrity cruise in a number of years soon and my cabin mate will not have my elite benefits (I’m elite by virtue of being diamond). Doesn’t really matter since their happy hour is only from 5-7 and I have early dining. 

Is that new(er).  Several years ago, cabinmates on Celebrity were provided the same benefits, but not assigned any category.   Cabin mates were allowed to the Elite breakfast, cocktail hour, tea etc.  It has been a few years since I sailed Celebrity so imagine much has changed. 

Thanks.  

Posted (edited)

How come they'll let a "significant other" who lives in your house jump into your status, but not your children who are over 18, who also live in your house? I'd rather people's kids get their status over a bunch of different boy/girlfriends they could have over the years. Not that Royal cares what I'd prefer 😂.

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

How come they'll let a "significant other" who lives in your house jump into your status, but not your children who are over 18, who also live in your house? I'd rather people's kids get their status over a bunch of different boy/girlfriends they could have over the years. Not that Royal cares what I'd prefer 😂.

Their cruise line, their rules. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

I could be wrong but I've heard that if you have a "care giver" in your cabin, they can share the same perks/benefits. Yay or nay?

Nay, not unless you marry them before the cruise. Though I can see crew looking the other way if they are pushing your wheel chair to a loyalty thing.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

In 2008 on a family cruise, my son enrolled his then live-in girlfriend (now his wife of 14 years in a week.....yay them!) as his SO because they had the same address. She automatically became Diamond.

I think it's still the same.

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Nay, not unless you marry them before the cruise. Though I can see crew looking the other way if they are pushing your wheel chair to a loyalty thing.

Yes, I experienced the "loyalty thing" when I cruised and shared a cabin with a P friend of mine. I was allowed to join her for specialty restaurant breakfasts and several other P events. Of course, we asked first. I was very impressed!

28 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Why would a kid 18 and over still or want to be living at home?🤣 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

How come they'll let a "significant other" who lives in your house jump into your status, but not your children who are over 18, who also live in your house? 

Simple.  When your kids are under 18 they are minors who in fact do share with their parents status while also earning their own points as they likely would be cruising with them.  When they are 18 the are considered adults with their own status and individual points as it may be less likely that they will continue to cruise with their parents.

"Significant others" are understood to be individual adults who share in an intimate relationship with the other in that household.  Not quite the same as a child who has become 18.

Regardless, that is the policy.

My opinion is that there should be no sharing of status.  However, cabin mates can share tier related (not points related) benefits. 

Of course, people will be using loopholes when bringing friends that will ultimately not be sharing the higher tier's cabin.  As they do today with D, D+, P balcony discounts.

6 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Simple.  When your kids are under 18 they are minors who in fact do share with their parents status while also earning their own points as they likely would be cruising with them.  When they are 18 the are considered adults with their own status and individual points as it may be less likely that they will continue to cruise with their parents.

"Significant others" are understood to be individual adults who share in an intimate relationship with the other in that household.  Not quite the same as a child who has become 18.

Regardless, that is the policy.

Even simpler than that. Parents will still cruise without their children. But may not cruise (or at least not as much) without their significant others.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Even simpler than that. Parents will still cruise without their children. But may not cruise (or at least not as much) without their significant others.

Not necessarily. My wife works in education. It’s much easier for her and our school going children to get time to cruise, than for me. I’d imagine lots of people are in that situation until children get older or until scaling back work hours.