Question for the ladies

My wife and I will be on the Sun Princess July 13th.   She wanted me to ask what shampoo and conditioner Princess provides.  She is trying to decide whether to bring her own or use what is on the ship.  We will be in a suite if that makes a difference.   She like’s separate shampoo and conditioner.   It doesn’t matter to me since I shave my head.  

6 minutes ago, Hobby3333 said:

My wife and I will be on the Sun Princess July 13th.   She wanted me to ask what shampoo and conditioner Princess provides.  She is trying to decide whether to bring her own or use what is on the ship.  We will be in a suite if that makes a difference.   She like’s separate shampoo and conditioner.   It doesn’t matter to me since I shave my head.  

Don't know the brand but they are separate.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Hobby3333 said:

Beekman 1802 - same in all staterooms on Sun Princess.  They were good enough (my other half left our own products in our Rome airport hotel shower so we had to use them!)

image.png.5eb4ed25ffb9b4ffc81f5e509d3f2e58.png

Edited by dides
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dides said:

Beekman 1802 - same in all staterooms on Sun Princess.  They were good enough (my other half left our own products in our Rome airport hotel shower so we had to use them!)

Beekman 1802 is a very good quality product.  I’m very fussy about hair and body products and I buy this at home.  Good for Sun OPrincess!

• Like 1

@Hobby3333, be aware, this is only on the Sun Princess, as I believe on all other Princess ships they use a combo shampoo/conditioner and a separate body wash.

This was on my recent sailings this year on Discovery, Sapphire, Ruby and Enchanted and they were a generic clear product with what I considered an ‘industrial’ smell so I knew to bring my own products.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, dides said:

Major upgrade from the sea foam colored stuff from the past. 

What shower products are provided? (Ruby Princess) - Princess Cruises -  Cruise Critic Community

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 2

@JimmyVWine, have you been on a Princess ship lately? Your picture does not represent what I have had on my sailings this year on Discovery, Sapphire, Ruby and Enchanted. The product is now clear for both, so I would not be surprised if it is the same. I bring my own now as the clear stuff has an unpleasant smell to me.

I will try to remember to ask if the Beekman products may be coming to the other ships when I board Enchanted again this weekend.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wallyj said:

@JimmyVWine, have you been on a Princess ship lately? Your picture does not represent what I have had on my sailings this year on Discovery, Sapphire, Ruby and Enchanted. The product is now clear for both, so I would not be surprised if it is the same. I bring my own now as the clear stuff has an unpleasant smell to me.

I will try to remember to ask if the Beekman products may be coming to the other ships when I board Enchanted again this weekend.

I can confirm it's all the same!

Like a hair, body wash, hand soap combo. 

We bring our own of all of the above. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

His picture looked the sane as on the Emerald Princess in March

2 hours ago, wallyj said:

have you been on a Princess ship lately?

I’m a bit confused by the question. My comment was that the Beekman products are a big upgrade from what used to be provided. The picture I posted is definitely what used to be provided. I never suggested that that was current. My most recent cruise was exactly one year ago and the picture I posted represents what we had then. Hope that clears things up. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

I’m a bit confused by the question. My comment was that the Beekman products are a big upgrade from what used to be provided. The picture I posted is definitely what used to be provided. I never suggested that that was current. My most recent cruise was exactly one year ago and the picture I posted represents what we had then. Hope that clears things up. 

I just wanted to clarify for others that your picture is not what is currently on many other Princess ships. As far as I know, the Beekman products are only available on the new Sun Princess. 

I am assuming some ships may have the old ‘sea foam’ colored products, but am thinking when they run out, it will be the clear product that is on most ships now.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dides said:

Just to bring the thread back to the OP's original question:

- There are separate Shampoo, Conditioner and Body Wash Beekman 1802 shower products provided in all staterooms on Sun Princess.

- Currently this brand is only available on this ship in the Princess fleet. 

- There is also Beekman 1802 Handwash and Body Lotion provided:

image.png.4a3801440788213e0a41b71bce1a76f8.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I always bring my own. I also bring my own liquid hand soap and lotion. I forgot my lotion on our 2021 cruise. I used the lotion that was in the room and my hands looked like they were burnt. They hurt so bad. They had no other lotion on the ship, even the stores were out due to the pandemic supply issues. Sorry for the long story… Bring your own. 

I prefer to bring my own, my husband and sons don't care, and happily use what is provided. We have not used the new Beekman's product, and while it may be OK. I do prefer my own hair products, I color my hair and it's curly and sometimes I put a straightening iron to it. So I need things to keep it healthy. 

Definitely bring what suits your hair. Tried using ship’s products in the past and hair was even more out of control than usual. I usually take bar soap , bar shampoo and bar conditioner…at the very least take a ‘heavy duty’ conditioner.

2 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Definitely bring what suits your hair. Tried using ship’s products in the past and hair was even more out of control than usual. I usually take bar soap , bar shampoo and bar conditioner…at the very least take a ‘heavy duty’ conditioner.

Also a function of the treated soft water aboard. You need less shampoo with soft water to get the same cleaning results. So then you need more conditioner.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

We had the same in 2022. Day two my hairs like straw, husband and son not an issue.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2024 at 8:45 PM, wallyj said:

Did you ask about Beekman products? Would love this to go to all Princess ships.

56 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Will there be liquid hand soap in the bathroom on the Enchanted?  I usually take some, but will skip it if it is provided by Princess. 

Yes. They provided liquid hand soap and lotion on the sink and shower gel and shampoo/conditioner combination in the bath. This is as of 4 days ago. 

On a side note, the shower gel smells of rosemary and I came out of the shower smelling like a pork tenderloin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8