Dining reservations

negn

17 hours ago, kenasch2 said:

If they say it will be available on June 17th, I would expect it to be active at least at the start of business hours. If they can't do that they should send out a mass email with a new date. They have had months to prepare for this. 

My TA and I are both  still waiting for the first notification about this change.  NEVER GOT ANYTHING.  What does that tell ya?  PRINCESS couldn't even get that tasks accomplished.

18 hours ago, shipsealand said:

Of course with IT no testing of whether if would work prior to launch.

That's what I don't get about Princess.  When I was in IT, before we went live with anything like this it would've tested to death before rollout.  If it wasn't perfect, it was close, and we hadn't had that particular fail show up during testing.  I don't understand why a company this big would be so haphazard.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dog said:

I have not be able to make any for March 2025.

I've heard that you can't reserve MDR Traditional dining until 130 days prior to sailing.  Any truth to that?  We sail in December.

26 minutes ago, ecs66 said:

I've heard that you can't reserve MDR Traditional dining until 130 days prior to sailing.  Any truth to that?  We sail in December.

We're not able to at 102 days out...

2 hours ago, ecs66 said:

I hadn't heard that, but I don't disbelieve it. In that case, Princess shouldn't have sent me an email saying I could book on 6/17. They surely know when I'm cruising! 

54 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

It would be so simple to just send out an email to inform that its taking a bit longer to implement or give out a new date or anything.

Yeah. That. It would be very easy to do - or it would be if they had any idea at all when it's going to happen. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Yeah. That. It would be very easy to do - or it would be if they had any idea at all when it's going to happen. 

Communication hasn't been a Princess corporate strong point lately

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, alwayssingin said:

We're not able to at 102 days out...

I'm 98 days and still can't book...

58 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I hadn't heard that, but I don't disbelieve it. In that case, Princess shouldn't have sent me an email saying I could book on 6/17. They surely know when I'm cruising! 

I got an email yesterday - encouraging me to choose my dining style and book what I prefer...🥴I immediately scuttled on over and found...nothing...

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Nor has software testing of the app and updates.

• Like 3

My CVP posted this today on their social media page. I'll let you know if she posts anymore info.

Good Morning! We have received information that the new updates for dining are delayed. If you are sailing after September 14th, you will not be able to make main dining room reservations. As soon as I have word that dining is open, I will post here.
Thanks for your patience.
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

My CVP posted this today on their social media page. I'll let you know if she posts anymore info.

Good Morning! We have received information that the new updates for dining are delayed. If you are sailing after September 14th, you will not be able to make main dining room reservations. As soon as I have word that dining is open, I will post here.

Thanks for the update, so frustrating to have to keep checking the app with no results.  My cruise is Sept 26.

6 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

It really is head scratching that Princess doesn't just put out an update even if its  WE DONT KNOW yet.  I did however, get an email today reminding me about BrightLine

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

It really is head scratching that Princess doesn't just put out an update even if its  WE DONT KNOW yet.  I did however, get an email today reminding me about BrightLine

Their lack of respect for their guests is just astounding. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

My cruise is 15th September and although I am disappointed by this news, I am even more disappointed that there has been no email informing passengers of this!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

Well at least I'm still getting those never-ending pitches wanting me to apply for the Princess credit card. Which I have no intention of doing. But at least I'm still getting those. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Well at least I'm still getting those never-ending pitches wanting me to apply for the Princess credit card. Which I have no intention of doing. But at least I'm still getting those. 🤣

Just got that one, too.

5 hours ago, ecs66 said:

That's what I don't get about Princess.  When I was in IT, before we went live with anything like this it would've tested to death before rollout.  If it wasn't perfect, it was close, and we hadn't had that particular fail show up during testing.  I don't understand why a company this big would be so haphazard.

So much of the rollout of the Medallion Class system which began in late 2017 has been like passengers are their BETA testers.

Passengers discover problems & some continue to experience problems over 6 years later. At the January 2017 CES then CCL CEO Arnold Donald unveiled the Medallion & stated “It’s all about the guest” Donald emphasizes. Really??? For some it is still a work in progress & it’s very disappointing & frustrating with their lack of customer service.

State an implementation date 2 months in advance but don’t achieve it and there’s nothing but silence from Princess…how is that ”all about the guest”???

• Like 4

Pardon my ignorance but we haven’t cruise since last year. How is the new policy different than what is being done presently for voyages before September 14th? Is there not anytime dining already?

5 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Pardon my ignorance but we haven’t cruise since last year. How is the new policy different than what is being done presently for voyages before September 14th? Is there not anytime dining already?

They are going back to adding Traditional dining. One MDR will be Anytime, another Traditional with the set times.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

#metoo

• Haha 1