Dining reservations

negn

When I click on Dining I get the message "Cannot load content".  This shows for our cruise in 11 days on the Discovery (for which I had already made dining reservations) and also for a cruise later this year on the Caribbean.  And yeah I've logged out and logged back in.  Hope it's a glitch and our reservations are still good for our rapidly approaching cruise!

ETA:  I was able to get to the "Dining" page through "Journey".  However, every time I clicked on a restaurant I got "Internal Service Error".  I did not see any of the previously made reservations for specialty or the MDR by the way.  Think I will just let it be and wait for things to shake out.

Edited by azbirdmom

34 minutes ago, Thrak said:

My wife and daughter have invited people for a barbecue at our oldest son's house. I think they are crazy given the forecast temps.

That reminds me of an old joke. A family had invited another family over for Sunday dinner after church. When they all sat down the host asked his son to lead them all in prayer. The boy looked confused. His father told him to just pray like he'd heard his parents pray. The boy piped up and said, "Oh Lord, why did we invite these people over on this hot day."

• Haha 1

For cruise Sept 26, 2024, Elite, paid in full

I have tried - 

the app - no content found or put in date/time then found no reservations 

the website - add guests - I added their booking # - then goes blank

What am I doing wrong?

34 minutes ago, Z0nker said:

Looks like Michelangelo is the traditional dining room on Ruby. I can get the app to show me 5:00 and 7:20 time slots. Other two MDRs return errors. Getting closer. 

I was able to book the traditional dining in Michelangelo  also on the Ruby. But I’d prefer to get a 6 or 6:20 time each evening in the MDR that does individual reservations. Does anyone know if that’s Botticelli or DaVinci? 

13 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I was able to book the traditional dining in Michelangelo  also on the Ruby. But I’d prefer to get a 6 or 6:20 time each evening in the MDR that does individual reservations. Does anyone know if that’s Botticelli or DaVinci? 

I’m holding out for a 6:00 as well. Not sure which dining room it will be. Once the system is fully operational, I’d expect one of the MDRs to disappear since the walk in restaurant won’t we taking reservations. 

On the Grand Princess for a January Sea of Cortez Cruise, I had to make the reservations on the website. I prefer Traditional Dining; however, there was nothing that noted what was Traditional or not.

I ended up choosing the Michelangelo Dining Room because it only had two dining time options (5:00PM and 7:30PM).

However, I am not sure if the reservations actually went through. I will have to check later.

3 hours ago, cruise2relax said:

I was able to book 8 out of 12 nights for an October 2024 cruise.  it errored randomly on 4 nights, will try those again later.  This was Caribbean Princess which showed on mid ship dining room traditional, one mid-ship with zero availability (for walk ups I guess) and the Palm in the aft for anytime reserved.

That is different than what I got. The Island is fixed at 5 and 7:30, the Palm still has times available but the Coral which I booked now has no times at all. I booked a table for 5 at 6:20 every night. It was around 12:30 on the East Coast. We like where and what I booked, so hope it stays. I will be checking daily. 
Good luck to all. 

12 minutes ago, Z0nker said:

I’m holding out for a 6:00 as well. Not sure which dining room it will be. Once the system is fully operational, I’d expect one of the MDRs to disappear since the walk in restaurant won’t we taking reservations. 

Botticelli is larger than DaVinci, and DaVinci is where Reserve Class is (or has been in the past). So, does Princess think more people will want to choose reservations like you do, at 6:00 (or something) or does Princess think more people will want to do full anytime? If more people want to choose times, then Botticelli for that. If more people want true anytime, then Botticelli for that. Maybe. What do you think Princess thinks? (if that isn't a loaded question, I don't know what is)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hatchda said:

On the Grand Princess for a January Sea of Cortez Cruise, I had to make the reservations on the website. I prefer Traditional Dining; however, there was nothing that noted what was Traditional or not.

I ended up choosing the Michelangelo Dining Room because it only had two dining time options (5:00PM and 7:30PM).

However, I am not sure if the reservations actually went through. I will have to check later.

Enjoy the sea of Cortez. We’re still considering that one for March, 2025. 

2 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Botticelli is larger than DaVinci, and DaVinci is where Reserve Class is (or has been in the past). So, does Princess think more people will want to choose reservations like you do, at 6:00 (or something) or does Princess think more people will want to do full anytime? If more people want to choose times, then Botticelli for that. If more people want true anytime, then Botticelli for that. Maybe. What do you think Princess thinks? (if that isn't a loaded question, I don't know what is)

I’ve been pondering that same question. Princess piloted this arrangement on the Sun, so they should have some numbers by now. 

• Like 1

Grand sailing in October. We were able to book a reserved table for two couples (I was able to add their booking number in the app) at 6 pm every night. This was for the Botticelli dining room (deck 6 aft). Not my preferred dining room, but 5 pm is too early and 7:30 is too late for us.

• Like 2

Just finished MDR reservations for CROWN Australia and New Zealand cruises February-April 2025.  All entries were confirmed by the APP, but it did take upwards to 8 times for one reservation before it was confirmed by the APP.  Slooooooooow process (took over an hour), but HAPPY that I was able to get all 42 reservations confirmed. 

• Like 3

Just made my reservations for my February cruise on Emerald. Botticelli for reservable dining. Was able to get 6:40 reservations for 5 for the nights I wanted MDR. Looks like Da Vinci is for walkins and Micaelangelo is for traditional. The whole process was loaded with errors and took several attempts for each night so I suggest just keep trying until it works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My issue.  I am doing a B2B.  The first cruise, I am by myself though the app is determined to tell me my husband is with me.  We are both elite and paid in full but it will not let me book just for me.  The 2nd half of the B2B, I am being joined by 5 others.  3 are paid in full, 2 are not.  Though, they have a separate booking number so I should be able to book the ones that are paid.  I'm sure it has to do with the fact that the app assigns one booking number to a B2B even though the website shows 2 booking numbers.  If I'm unsuccessful by tomorrow afternoon, I'll have to suck it up and give them a call.  

Ok so the trick is to just click on every dining room I guess. I tried initially just asking for main dining and got the “no reservations available “ thing. Then I tried individual dining rooms and got either the error posted above or, finally, some actual times! This is for sapphire in September. Looks like Savoy dining room has every time slot in 20 minute increments. At one point I got two times for international dining room so assume that’s traditional but now that’s no longer working either. None of the other dining rooms show availability.

• Thanks 1