Reflection LIVE 6/21-7/1/24: A Perfect Day for a Suite Girlfriends Getaway

40 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

Holy moly donut shop, CC.  What a difference a night makes in a cruise vibe…

Today after sailaway  I went down to unpack in my new digs.  

On my way down the hallway I passed a little boy about 5 years old who was having an on the floor, kicking and screaming meltdown because he didn’t want to put on his muster station wristband.  I just stepped over him and asked his mama if she’d like to have my Mai tai that I’d just had Sergia make me to drink while I unpacked.

My new butler Joshua arrived at my room shortly after I did to introduce himself and ask about my preferences for stocking the mini bar.

Once I finished unpacking I laid down to take a little nap before dinner.  I woke up, dressed, and stepped out of my stateroom into Margaritaville at Sea.  I’m not even exaggerating.  As in the minute I stepped out of my room into the foyer I was BLASTED in the face by the blarring base of LMFAO’s “Shots! Shots! Shots!”

I got on the elevator and when it stopped 2 floors below, two ladies in their 20’s wearing matching midriff t-shirts, tennis skirts and gym shoes twerked (literally) their way onto the elevator with me.  

I thought they might have been a bit underdressed, but then I got a report that there were two ladies wearing nothing but crocheted bikinis having drinks at the martini bar.  So I guess it’s just me that didn’t get the new cruise dress code memo. 🤦🏾‍♀️

But wait, it gets worse…

The south beach club music was a little too much for me before I even had a happy hour cocktail in me, so I sat at the bar for the live acoustic duo in the ensemble lounge for my pre-dinner drink.  When I got there, Sergia and Sebastian were dealing with two gentlemen (I’m using the term very loosely) who were sunburned to a crisp and so intoxicated they could barely string consonant sounds together.

To Sergia and Sebastian’s credit, they politely told the men that they couldn’t serve them anything other than water at this time.  The men first attempted to solve this issue by waving a hundred dollar bill in Sergia’s face and telling her “I suggest you take this!” while knocking over a bar chair with their stumbling.

When this didn’t work, one of them disappeared for a minute and came back with the bottle of red wine you get as your welcome bottle in concierge/aqua, etc.  They poured the wine into two highball glasses (that they’d been given for water),  filled them to the brim and slammed them like they were drinking Busch Light at a bachelor party.  Then they started talking loudly about how “dumb” (I’m censoring, they used much cruder language) Sergia and Sebastian  were for not serving them because they were going to get alcohol one way or another.

I messaged Jeremy and warned him I may be about to end up in the brig because I wasn’t having any more of this behavior towards the crew.  He messaged back telling me he didn’t want me to risk my safety being solo the next 2 days by getting involved and to go to Michael’s club and have the concierge call security.  I was getting up to do just that when I saw that Sebastian had used the time while the guys were distracted with their cheap wine chugging contest to call security himself and an officer had just arrived.

His presence alone seemed to be enough to send the guys stumbling off and the officer followed behind them at a distance.

I’ve never been so glad to retreat into the sanctuary of Murano, which is surprisingly empty (or maybe not surprising, I’m getting the sense this isn’t exactly a fine French cuisine savvy set we’re sailing with). 

I’m not sure what my late evening plan will be, but full transparency I actually may be a little scared to try and party with this particular lot.  

A chocolate soufflé and a glass of tawny port followed by a bubble bath with my book and a glass of wine is sounding like a much better life choice right now.

I’ll make a lap of the ship after dinner and feel things out.

Soon to come: a report on my new stateroom and Luminae embarkation lunch.

All I can say is…Girl!!! 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

OMG…are you sure you didn’t make a wrong turn in the terminal during turnaround and end up on a Carnival ship 😱.

Stay safe!
Susan 

Right????

My only hope is that as hard as these people are going tonight, it’s gotta take a solid 24 hours minimum before they fully recover from the hangovers, and all the kids will be wore out from coco cay, so maybe things will be more subdued.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

My only hope is that as hard as these people are going tonight, it’s gotta take a solid 24 hours minimum before they fully recover from the hangovers, and all the kids will be wore out from coco cay, so maybe things will be more subdued.

For your sake I hope you are right.  

However, what you are experiencing is my worst fear of what I thought would happen when Celebrity announced shorter duration cruises and stops at Coco Cay.  

• Like 11

Charla.. we feel your pain

We  experienced Reflection  when it was brand new....with the Miami DJs and all sorts of loud music blasting  24/7 everywhere .  Upon boarding we were greeted by a " musician" with a monkey duo. ( not the lady with the harp!)   There were folks who "chair hogged" the seats at the SUNSET bar til they could not sit up. It was very loud, shouty and crowded. We avoided it best we could but X was promoting it " in your face'.

Back then, we wrote it off as a Party Ship and  have avoided it.  Seems it had evolved to " normal" cruise fun more recently...and we were thinking about booking... NOT ANYMORE.

Booze cruises are not our style..sounds like X has gone Carnivore!  Do your best!

• Like 2

Good morning as we tie on lines for our perfect day on coco cay!

Good news, I found where they’re hiding the peace and quiet on this ship.  It’s on my veranda at 7am.

It looks like we’re going to be in port today with Freedom of the Seas according to cruise mapper.  She’s not close enough for me to read her name on her bow, but I can already hear Aqua’s 90’s club hit Barbie Girl blasting from her top deck and echoing across the ocean…at 7am.  After last night, I officially apologize for thinking that the folks talking about the “royalization” of Celebrity were conspiracy theorists.

While I’m enjoying what may well be the last tranquility I get in today, sharing pics of my last home of the live review:  Celebrity suite 1233.

I haven’t met my stateroom attendant yet but he/she seems to know their job because the room seems very clean and in good shape.  The patio furniture is a slight step down from my signature suite (and I lost my veranda tub) as I don’t have foot stools for the loungers.  I also noticed these loungers have a caution sticker on them that the ones in my signature didn’t.

The bedroom has the same issue my other celebrity suites on S and M class have had:  there’s no outlet reachable even with my 7 foot charge cable for phone charging.  Instead I’m using my power bank to charge.

Honestly, the biggest downside to the room for me is that it reminds me so much of the celebrity suite that GenZ and I stayed in for our amazing mother daughter pacific coast cruise last year on solstice. We made so many great memories together that I’m being reminded of and the room makes me miss her even more.  Sorry for the mom mush.  Moving on.

I realized when I went to bed last night that my room seems to be missing a “Deep Sleep” sign.  Since I haven’t met my attendant yet, I’ll message my butler about that this morning.

In a little bit I’ll get dressed and pack my beach bag and head to breakfast in Luminae.  I’m pleased to report that work will NOT be preventing me from hitting the island this time and I’ll be spending the day at the Coco Beach Club!

IMG_9142.thumb.jpeg.57fce559a04bfcf6afee3e44a0e88142.jpeg

IMG_9130.thumb.jpeg.c46882ce50b399471e1a86df36a52284.jpeg

IMG_9129.thumb.jpeg.0d9efc289a58d82798d48493d286ca94.jpeg

IMG_9128.thumb.jpeg.08406fc8e6161652ba285942235afdea.jpeg

IMG_9127.thumb.jpeg.18b2797b80a602a3331c0b02d585c933.jpeg

IMG_9125.thumb.jpeg.04412e7225e6b4e7c423c81d159ec9d9.jpeg

IMG_9124.thumb.jpeg.8a62155d64d0ccf2bb52bf3b1c6793c0.jpeg

IMG_9123.thumb.jpeg.b23567965fd2a55a456c71a9e1a86362.jpeg

IMG_9126.thumb.jpeg.67656bdb93b689bd76e9d15062adf5db.jpeg

IMG_9131.thumb.jpeg.152fbb9cf14ef4e321d847cb64415d9a.jpeg

• Like 12

9 hours ago, GenerationX said:

On my way down the hallway I passed a little boy about 5 years old who was having an on the floor, kicking and screaming meltdown because he didn’t want to put on his muster station wristband.  I just stepped over him and asked his mama if she’d like to have my Mai tai that I’d just had Sergia make me to drink while I unpacked.

My new butler Joshua arrived at my room shortly after I did to introduce himself and ask about my preferences for stocking the mini bar.

Once I finished unpacking I laid down to take a little nap before dinner.  I woke up, dressed, and stepped out of my stateroom into Margaritaville at Sea.  I’m not even exaggerating.  As in the minute I stepped out of my room into the foyer I was BLASTED in the face by the blarring base of LMFAO’s “Shots! Shots! Shots!”

I got on the elevator and when it stopped 2 floors below, two ladies in their 20’s wearing matching midriff t-shirts, tennis skirts and gym shoes twerked (literally) their way onto the elevator with me.  

I thought they might have been a bit underdressed, but then I got a report that there were two ladies wearing nothing but crocheted bikinis having drinks at the martini bar.  So I guess it’s just me that didn’t get the new cruise dress code memo. 🤦🏾‍♀️

But wait, it gets worse…

The south beach club music was a little too much for me before I even had a happy hour cocktail in me, so I sat at the bar for the live acoustic duo in the ensemble lounge for my pre-dinner drink.  When I got there, Sergia and Sebastian were dealing with two gentlemen (I’m using the term very loosely) who were sunburned to a crisp and so intoxicated they could barely string consonant sounds together.

To Sergia and Sebastian’s credit, they politely told the men that they couldn’t serve them anything other than water at this time.  The men first attempted to solve this issue by waving a hundred dollar bill in Sergia’s face and telling her “I suggest you take this!” while knocking over a bar chair with their stumbling.

When this didn’t work, one of them disappeared for a minute and came back with the bottle of red wine you get as your welcome bottle in concierge/aqua, etc.  They poured the wine into two highball glasses (that they’d been given for water),  filled them to the brim and slammed them like they were drinking Busch Light at a bachelor party.  Then they started talking loudly about how “dumb” (I’m censoring, they used much cruder language) Sergia and Sebastian  were for not serving them because they were going to get alcohol one way or another.

I messaged Jeremy and warned him I may be about to end up in the brig because I wasn’t having any more of this behavior towards the crew.  He messaged back telling me he didn’t want me to risk my safety being solo the next 2 days by getting involved and to go to Michael’s club and have the concierge call security.  I was getting up to do just that when I saw that Sebastian had used the time while the guys were distracted with their cheap wine chugging contest to call security himself and an officer had just arrived.

His presence alone seemed to be enough to send the guys stumbling off and the officer followed behind them at a distance.

I’ve never been so glad to retreat into the sanctuary of Murano, which is surprisingly empty (or maybe not surprising, I’m getting the sense this isn’t exactly a fine French cuisine savvy set we’re sailing with). 

I’m not sure what my late evening plan will be, but full transparency I actually may be a little scared to try and party with this particular lot.  

A chocolate soufflé and a glass of tawny port followed by a bubble bath with my book and a glass of wine is sounding like a much better life choice right now.

Just wow

I mean I may or may not listen to “Shots! Shots! Shots!” on one of my playlists but not really appropriate on a cruise.

Interesting I was on the MSC forum and @Stockjock had posted about cruisers who had got off in Key West and were completely plastered and had the police called on them at a bar I think during a pub crawl. Some people really shouldn't drink. And these men should have been cut off before that incident.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Just wow

I mean I may or may not listen to “Shots! Shots! Shots!” on one of my playlists but not really appropriate on a cruise.

Interesting I was on the MSC forum and @Stockjock had posted about cruisers who had got off in Key West and were completely plastered and had the police called on them at a bar I think during a pub crawl. Some people really shouldn't drink. And these men should have been cut off before that incident.

I agree completely!

Shots! Shots! Shots! is 100% on my workout playlist.  

I can even make the argument that that the song (along with twerking) has its place on a Celebrity cruise ship.  

But to me that place is in the sky lounge after 11pm (where I would probably be twerking right along).  It definitely does not belong in the grand foyer at 7:45 as dinnertime music.

I mean I love a good party but I also like to think I have at least a little bit of class.

• Like 7

Aloha. Sorry you had these knuckleheads to interfere with your enjoyment. Unfortunately it seems to be more of the norm lately.  One of the reasons we are cruising less and just dividing our time between NY and Honolulu although NY is more of the city of anarchy lately.  We are steering away from the mainstream lately and enjoying the smaller higher end lines although they too have been attracting the nonsense also but not to the extent of the larger ships. Just a thought when you are not traveling with your daughter.  Smooth sailing 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GenerationX said:

But wait, it gets worse…

Sounds like an interesting vibe. I would have thought it would take people a bit to get to that point but perhaps they pregamed before getting on the ship.  I am noting for my 4 night in April to be on the lookout for a string crocheted bikini…probably not on the racks at Ann Taylor but I can try to channel my inner youth and try Hot Topic. 😂

• Haha 4

Man, Luminae this morning reminded me of those first few cruises that I did post-Covid.  There’s only 4 or 5 tables occupied.  I guess everyone is either still sleeping or really eager to start their coco cay day.

Speaking of Luminae, I know I haven’t spent much time reporting on the restaurant with all my free specialty meals.  I was worried pre cruise that with full ships and more suites on reflection the Luminae food and service would suffer.  So far I haven’t found that to be the case.  Sadie the maitre d and Fermin the somm have both been great.  Sadie somehow has had each of my stateroom numbers memorized without asking me.  I’ve had the same server Vishal all 3 cruises and he’s been fantastic. Definitely request him if you’ll be onboard soon.

This morning I tried something new for breakfast.  I’ve always completely glossed over the oatmeal on the luminae breakfast menu (cuz I thought I’m still way to young to be eating oatmeal on vacation), but Vishal said that this is “not your grandmother’s oatmeal” and suggested I try it and he was right! 

Adding the very berry baked oatmeal with chantilly creme to my regular Luminae breakfast rotation.

Speaking of food, let’s talk about last night’s dinner in Murano.

I started with a mix of a regular hit (risotto) and something new (the pork belly).  I stopped getting the pork belly in Murano a few years ago because it was so often not done well.  Last night though, it was perfect.

I also veered from my usuals for my main and dessert. Instead of lobster and gran marnier soufflé, I hade the Dover sole Veronique and the chocolate soufflé.

Omg that sole!  It’s tough for me to decide whether I liked the sole or the turbot better but I think the sole edged out the turbot.  It is a big portion of fish though, definitely enough for 2 people.  Next time Jeremy and I sail S class I think I’ll strongly suggest (aka demand) that we split a surf and surf of the lobster and the sole for our Murano dinner.

My favorite gran marnier soufflé also has competition now.  But my server told me that’s nothing to be concerned about because he’ll always be more than happy to just bring both the soufflés for me. Boy am I glad I’m getting off the ship in a couple of days, my swimsuit fits could be in real trouble.

I’ve just settled into Coco Beach Club and am sipping a Bahama Mama (hey, when in the Bahamas…) while my sunscreen sets.  I’m taking lots of pics and making lots of notes and can’t wait to share all about Coco Cay later this afternoon.  

Have a perfect day, friends!

IMG_9145.thumb.jpeg.ab1aacea79e82b4525e9f43a29309aa6.jpeg

IMG_9144.thumb.jpeg.49842f34b5a06848d80b074cce17ac9f.jpeg

IMG_9147.thumb.jpeg.c17f61f88bd91fe01e023b754578bfd1.jpeg

IMG_9146.thumb.jpeg.f4942fcc79dd800bce426b2b2120b93b.jpeg

IMG_9133.thumb.jpeg.4dcb75b9f50542706855781b0b1168f9.jpeg

IMG_9135.thumb.jpeg.cec8418fe631c00c556fe45b85f562ce.jpeg

IMG_9136.thumb.jpeg.a5d5ba96880d0cbb6b223d7da1b551b3.jpeg

IMG_9137.thumb.jpeg.22e15dce345669097ea080e57181fa6b.jpeg

IMG_9139.thumb.jpeg.8a1353742dd52ff0e9a25c5d4fe91fdd.jpeg

IMG_9140.thumb.jpeg.84d48daab791a94bb6dc12540c1f8845.jpeg

IMG_9143.thumb.jpeg.b41f7fa28c23aea1b60e77fe6b938cf2.jpeg

IMG_9149.thumb.jpeg.1d4a31458f6219688e71d6207ebac510.jpeg

IMG_9167.thumb.jpeg.be355658da55d0d6714f8f3a05a76bcc.jpeg

Edited by GenerationX
  • Like 20

3 hours ago, GenerationX said:

The bedroom has the same issue my other celebrity suites on S and M class have had:  there’s no outlet reachable even with my 7 foot charge cable for phone charging. 

If you move the nightstand table by the bed there was an outlet hidden behind there. It may have been a European one (we had adapters), and it may only be on one side, but worth checking for.  This was also in a CS on Reflection, but a different room. 

• Thanks 1

Charla...great photos..you always manage to find the best! Can't wait for a few more great outfits!

A few times when berthed near Carnival ships ..in Aruba and Bonaire, the boom boom sound from the top decks ruined our pool deck and balcony!   Everyone clapped when they sailed away!

In  the Aruba port, the Carnival crowd was  dressed in scanty  beach wear, acted rowdy and rude..like folks you might meet in the DWI ( DUI)  line up..before they crashed!    No respect for the port or shop keepers.  We peeked in a few stores but returned to the ship..Safer there!

Now we check port listings to avoid Carnival and big behemouths in port with us.. Just want happy fun!

• Like 1

It is interesting to hear how each of your cruises having a different vibe. It sounds like I will do a short cruise on Celebrity!!

Did you book the Celebrity suite or did you do a move up bid? I just put a bid in for an upcoming cruise from Aqua to CS but curious how much you have bid on to get the upgrade? There are four available now and I bid $150 over the starting bid .I know every cruise and situation is different but curious if you have a move up strategy? 

Edited by sdnich

The CS looks like it would be a nice  upgrade for us from AQ class if we decide to try Reflection,  and could get a good rate....

We just booked an 8 night Carib  cruise on ECLIPSE in AQ Class for Jan 2026... We are hopeful the planned updates are done..just to refresh the ship!

Some of the oldies are now goodies!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GenerationX said:

Right????

We were on a 4 night cruise on the Summit last year and that’s exactly what happened. The first night at the martini bar was like a frat party and I like to party but OMG! The staff were horrified! After that it was fairly normal every night. I will say walking around the pool around 3 pm I never before saw so many passed out passengers! 🤣

• Like 1

Wow.... can't believe the stories of those dressed a bit casual and those tipping the glass too much.

How would you describe the Demographics.     I've never done a 3 day cruise and have always imagined them to be a young crowd Booze Cruises.   What you have been describing is what I imagined. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GenerationX said:

Next time Jeremy and I sail S class I think I’ll strongly suggest (aka demand) that we split a surf and surf of the lobster and the sole for our Murano dinner.

Here’s hoping that is with us on the 4/4/2026 Silhouette with @Stem to Stern and others 😜.

I am also seriously eyeing the 4/28/25 Silhouette repo to NJ. 

mac_tlc

• Like 2

Glad you found some peace and quiet!!

I hate when people feel like their partying is more important than the whole ethos of a place and/or the people around them. In February I boarded the Anthem of the Seas in NJ with snow on the ground - and ergo on the ship. While it was great seeing the faces of the crew, some of whom had never seen snow before, it wasn't great with some of my fellow cruisers. As we were leaving and heading under the Verazzano-Narrows bridge, I was  up on deck to see it and was walking around to find a good spot. I rounded the corner near where one of the bars was and got slammed in the face with a hard slushball. Yep - some of my wonderful fellow cruisers had decided to have a snowball fight (granted, IMHO the crew should have ensured that the tables and such were cleared of snow, but...) right there at the bar irregardless of whoever else was around. When I confronted the guy who seemed to be organizing it, he acted stupid and like he had no idea what I was talking about, even as he stood there with a slushball in his hand. I wasn't hurt - thankfully (if it had been a centimeter or so over I likely would have had a broken nose or even worse had debris in my eyes) - so I let it go after saying "Just be careful." I have no clue if they were randomly throwing them, if whoever the target was ducked, or if they thought I was someone else, but none of them showed any remorse. I did mention it to one of the officers after the officer meet and greet and she was fabulous and asked if I needed medical at the time or wanted it then - I said no, but I wanted to suggest that especially around bars, they ensure any snow is cleaned away before opening in the event they ran into snow again.

And just a note... While yes, there is a good deal of spoiling and indulging kids and that could be what it is, I do wonder if the child throwing the tantrum is on the spectrum with sensory issues and that's why he didn't want to wear the bracelet. I've seen some lines come up with alternatives - usually seeing if the child will tolerate it on their ankle. In cases where it's a sensory thing, it may seem like absolutely nothing to those of us who are neurotypical, but for someone with severe sensory issues, it could feel like needles or knives on their skin. I wish I'd paid closer attention to what Royal did when there was an Autism on the Seas group on the Anthem in February. But it should be on the parent to ask the crew about alternatives if it is a sensory issue.

I hope you have a fab rest of your time!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sdnich said:

Did you book the Celebrity suite or did you do a move up bid? I just put a bid in for an upcoming cruise from Aqua to CS but curious how much you have bid on to get the upgrade? There are four available now and I bid $150 over the starting bid .I know every cruise and situation is different but curious if you have a move up strategy? 

There’s a really well organized helpful pinned post about move up offers: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cbfb said:

The first night at the martini bar was like a frat party and I like to party but OMG! The staff were horrified!

DH and I did a b2b 10 day + 5 day on Crown Princess in Feb 2024 out of San Fran and the 2nd cruise, first day, sat at the martini bar around 6pm, as was our routine, and a guy came up to order drinks and had full face and shaved head tattoos. Hmmn, that’s not a normal Princess cruises sight. Interesting. Turns out he was with a large group of maybe 12 folks who were VERY lively in the corner. He ordered… sir you’ve maxed out your drink package (maybe said more discretely than this, but we were right there sitting at the bar so heard it all). No problem, he had more room keys in his pocket. Try this one, no? How about this one. Yikes! I was worried about the rest of the cruise, but it actually wasn’t too party party, but we also were maybe out and about at different times and venues. But yes, it’s quite interesting to do b2b’s and feel the change in the vibe.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Glad you found some peace and quiet!!

I hate when people feel like their partying is more important than the whole ethos of a place and/or the people around them. In February I boarded the Anthem of the Seas in NJ with snow on the ground - and ergo on the ship. While it was great seeing the faces of the crew, some of whom had never seen snow before, it wasn't great with some of my fellow cruisers. As we were leaving and heading under the Verazzano-Narrows bridge, I was  up on deck to see it and was walking around to find a good spot. I rounded the corner near where one of the bars was and got slammed in the face with a hard slushball. Yep - some of my wonderful fellow cruisers had decided to have a snowball fight (granted, IMHO the crew should have ensured that the tables and such were cleared of snow, but...) right there at the bar irregardless of whoever else was around. When I confronted the guy who seemed to be organizing it, he acted stupid and like he had no idea what I was talking about, even as he stood there with a slushball in his hand. I wasn't hurt - thankfully (if it had been a centimeter or so over I likely would have had a broken nose or even worse had debris in my eyes) - so I let it go after saying "Just be careful." I have no clue if they were randomly throwing them, if whoever the target was ducked, or if they thought I was someone else, but none of them showed any remorse. I did mention it to one of the officers after the officer meet and greet and she was fabulous and asked if I needed medical at the time or wanted it then - I said no, but I wanted to suggest that especially around bars, they ensure any snow is cleaned away before opening in the event they ran into snow again.

And just a note... While yes, there is a good deal of spoiling and indulging kids and that could be what it is, I do wonder if the child throwing the tantrum is on the spectrum with sensory issues and that's why he didn't want to wear the bracelet. I've seen some lines come up with alternatives - usually seeing if the child will tolerate it on their ankle. In cases where it's a sensory thing, it may seem like absolutely nothing to those of us who are neurotypical, but for someone with severe sensory issues, it could feel like needles or knives on their skin. I wish I'd paid closer attention to what Royal did when there was an Autism on the Seas group on the Anthem in February. But it should be on the parent to ask the crew about alternatives if it is a sensory issue.

I hope you have a fab rest of your time!!!

Wow! I’m so sorry about your snowball experience and so glad you weren’t seriously injured!

That’s a very good point about the tantrum.  GenZ is neurodiverse and it’s so interesting how different kids on the spectrum can be. She’s never had a problem with her muster band on her wrist but I think it would probably be a problem for her on her ankle. She constantly goes without socks even in winter because she doesn’t like to feel anything rubbing around that area.

I actually think her neurodiversity is a big part of why Celebrity has been a much better fit for her than the crowds and sensory bombardment of the theme parks of the seas.  We actually looked into an autism of the seas cruise once, but I was concerned about it being on a bigger royal ship.

I love that the kids club staff on celebrity also receive training in autism and sensory awareness.

I don’t know if I’d ever bring her on one of these 3 day cruises though just based on what I’ve experienced.  She’s very sound sensitive and the loud heavy base music in the grand foyer and at the pool would not go well (not to mention the terrible example some of the adults around here are setting for the kids).

Not to put spoilers in for my end of cruise wrap up post, but I think 4 days may be the shortest I’ll consider cruising from now on, even as part of a multi cruise b2b. I’m neurotypical and even I’ve had moments of stimulus overload on cruise 1 and cruise 3.

It’s entirely possible that that little boy even if not on the spectrum was just over the whole environment too.

I have my eye on a 6 night cruise in November that stops at Coco Cay (and comes with the added bonus of putting me away at sea during our presidential election, I’ll do my civic duty and vote absentee of course) that I may try with GenZ depending on how she likes E-class next month.  

Again not to put spoilers in, but based on my day today I think she’d really enjoy coco cay and as a 1 day thing it wouldn’t be too much for her.  Plus with a longer itinerary while school is in session, I think it will be more of the normal celebrity vibe we’re used to!

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

Wow! I’m so sorry about your snowball experience and so glad you weren’t seriously injured!

That’s a very good point about the tantrum.  GenZ is neurodiverse and it’s so interesting how different kids on the spectrum can be. She’s never had a problem with her muster band on her wrist but I think it would probably be a problem for her on her ankle. She constantly goes without socks even in winter because she doesn’t like to feel anything rubbing around that area.

I actually think her neurodiversity is a big part of why Celebrity has been a much better fit for her than the crowds and sensory bombardment of the theme parks of the seas.  We actually looked into an autism of the seas cruise once, but I was concerned about it being on a bigger royal ship.

I love that the kids club staff on celebrity also receive training in autism and sensory awareness.

I don’t know if I’d ever bring her on one of these 3 day cruises though just based on what I’ve experienced.  She’s very sound sensitive and the loud heavy base music in the grand foyer and at the pool would not go well (not to mention the terrible example some of the adults around here are setting for the kids).

Not to put spoilers in for my end of cruise wrap up post, but I think 4 days may be the shortest I’ll consider cruising from now on, even as part of a multi cruise b2b. I’m neurotypical and even I’ve had moments of stimulus overload on cruise 1 and cruise 3.

It’s entirely possible that that little boy even if not on the spectrum was just over the whole environment too.

I have my eye on a 6 night cruise in November that stops at Coco Cay (and comes with the added bonus of putting me away at sea during our presidential election, I’ll do my civic duty and vote absentee of course) that I may try with GenZ depending on how she likes E-class next month.  

Again not to put spoilers in, but based on my day today I think she’d really enjoy coco cay and as a 1 day thing it wouldn’t be too much for her.  Plus with a longer itinerary while school is in session, I think it will be more of the normal celebrity vibe we’re used to!

Sounds like a plan! 🙂