Poll: Experiences with Service Rating Requests on Celebrity Cruises

a350flyer

Experiences with Service Rating Requests on Celebrity Cruises  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been asked by your server to rate them a 10, regardless of the service quality you received?

• Yes, frequently
    • Yes, occasionally
    • Yes, but only once
    • No, never
    • Not applicable / Not sure

I will let them do the spiel the first day/night, but after they finish I politely explain that I completely understand how the rating system works and as long as they trust me that I will let them know if there is anything wrong so they have a chance to fix it and don't give me the speech again, there is no question as to what their rating will be. If it's brought up again, I'll start dropping the rating. I politely explain that to my head server as well in the event that I can't be seated with my usual team for any reason so they can let the new team know.

I’ve been asked for a 10 rating and nothing less by serves in main dining restaurants. Although not in blu or luminae.

Just Eden for e class specialty restaurants. Haven’t heard servers asking for a 10 in Le Voyage, rooftop grill, fine cut, Le petit chef, raw on 5.

13 minutes ago, a350flyer said:

Although not in blu or luminae.

I have, my last one was in Luminae.

Don't get me wrong I'll give people high rankings id deserved but I don't want to be pressured over dinner.

Also I don't like the anything less than 10 is a 0. So we're either giving 9 or lower and they are penalized or a 10 which is not accurate. Sorry but no matter how good you are at your job there is room for improvement

Not just the servers, but maitre ds as well!    We politely listen once or twice and tune it out .It is a source of discomfort!

The begging is engendered by a punitive staff rating system...renders the survey meaningless.

Banish the Bean counters!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Spudd said:

I wish management would institute a rule against asking for a good review. It is very uncomfortable.

I think management is promoting it!  We were literally begged for 10’s in Luminae earlier this month. The hostess reminded us as we were walking out the door. Our server gave the spiel every day. I was so annoyed by the end of it that I refused to complete the survey. However, when I stopped by guest services on the last sea day to get some envelopes for tips, I mentioned how off putting it was to be constantly hounded for a 10 by wait staff. 

• Like 1

Just now, Georgia_Peaches said:

I think management is promoting it!  We were literally begged for 10’s in Luminae earlier this month. The hostess reminded us as we were walking out the door. Our server gave the spiel every day. I was so annoyed by the end of it that I refused to complete the survey. However, when I stopped by guest services on the last sea day to get some envelopes for tips, I mentioned how off putting it was to be constantly hounded for a 10 by wait staff. 

😱🤯

Some yes, some no. I try to understand the push. My employer in the tech industry sends out these stupid NPS surveys (rate us from 1 to 10) and you would not believe the pressure we get from corporate to get 10s. Part of our business unit's budget from corporate is based on these, and customers dont realize anything less than a 9 is bad news.

The last cruise I was on (not Celebrity)  I was specifically ask on their after market survey if any crew member ask you for a “good review” because it is their company culture to always give great service and that includes not making patrons feel uncomfortable in any way.  I appreciate this as I hate to be hounded for reviews.  I understand the need for feedback but I am on vacation, I don’t need a homework assignment.  Also, I am a being believer that a good company is always looking for ways to improve.  The hard working crew have enough to do, they don’t need the added pressure of asking for 10s like their jobs depend on it (which, unfortunately, it might). Gosh, I hope Celebrity and others are listening.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Good honestly if its a case or 10 or nothing then the survey is useless.

I agree with @Water_Baby_ that maybe at the beginning once mention it but word it say let us know if there are issues so we can improve it and not mention the survey again.

In Luminae I had it mentioned multiple times and it really is off putting - especially after I had to keep chasing them up for things. I don't mind mistakes, as long as the same ones don't keep repeating - which they did and then they wanted a 10.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2024 at 4:52 AM, Water_Baby_ said:

We’ve heard the request occasionally. I sort of agree with the sentiment but think that the request should be early in the cruise and they should ask, “if my service is less than your expectations at any time during our time together, kindly let me know so I can make it right.”

We have also frequently had requests for a 10 from wait staff, M’D and butlers…

I think your suggested comment is far more appropriate. We have rarely had cause for complaints on cruises but occasionally there have been issues…

21 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

In Luminae I had it mentioned multiple times and it really is off putting - especially after I had to keep chasing them up for things. I don't mind mistakes, as long as the same ones don't keep repeating - which they did and then they wanted a 10.

This is the issue…Some staff don’t up their efforts when mistakes are pointed out but still expect a 10! I have no issues giving a ten after a mistake/poor service if it is then rectified.

• Like 1

From a statistical standpoint, the push for 10s actually invalidates the data. You’re no longer simply measuring the quality of the service, you are also measuring customer compliance, staff fear/motivation, customer belief in the system (some say as soon as they are asked for a 10 the rating is a 9) etc…so Celebrity has perfected how to invalidate data…then they obviously must use such data to make decisions.  Sounds like a good corporate policy. 🙂