Not off to a great start…

bled01

I’ve been on Celebration twice, it’s inaugural sailing and a year later, during the same time (Thanksgiving Week).  The second go around, I ended up cleaning the room myself, the amount of dust on lamps, mirrors and a/c vent above the bed was mind blowing.  Towels were coming out dark brown.  Told the room steward and he was spotless the rest of the trip.  To be honest, there’s not enough crew to properly clean rooms.

My first cruise on Conquest last year, old clothing under the bed and the Pullman full of sand.  The room was barely clean.  I love Carnival but it’s a shame to experience something like this, yet alone on an XL Class Ship.  Magic was a similar experience, New Year’s cruise right before Covid hit.  It varies from ship to ship as well as who’s in charge.

Edited by Mr305
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, CeleBrat said:

I am very inquisitive, and always hope to catch a peek "behind the dividers" down there.  Sometimes there is pool furniture, sometimes linens, sometimes chairs.  It's always different!

I was briught down to the area used for the cooking, but that was all

14 hours ago, CeleBrat said:

If you take a look as you disembark to catch a tender, you will usually see furniture in the crew deck (deck 0) that is shrink-wrapped and held for storage.

Like I said, did work on multiple ships (in crew area) and have not seen 'spare' furniture being stored. There's just not room. You may have on occasion seen furniture prepared for a planned swap out. Furniture also may be in that area for repair or cleaning. Linens, yes, after going thru the washing/drying and prepared for the next day's room service.

On 6/30/2024 at 11:18 PM, bled01 said:

We ended up getting a spa credit for one of my wife’s spa treatments.  When we ended up going back to guest services they told us what our different options were and the amount so we just picked the spa credit which is what we were going to ask for anyway.  Nice to get a credit for that, but obviously would have rather had a clean sofa and rug to begin with. Anyway, it is done with and I don’t have to think about it anymore now.

Good. What cabin number are you in?

10 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Good. What cabin number are you in?

Maybe it is a little paranoid, but I don’t want to post that until after our cruise.  I would not necessarily try and avoid our cabin anyway as the sofa and rug have just been shampoo’d.  It is probably cleaner now than the average cabin on the ship.😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bled01 said:

Maybe it is a little paranoid, but I don’t want to post that until after our cruise.  I would not necessarily try and avoid our cabin anyway as the sofa and rug have just been shampoo’d.  It is probably cleaner now than the average cabin on the ship.😆

Very true - cabin is most likely cleaner now than many others.

On another note - I bet you never expected your original post to be up to three pages of posts and counting!

9 hours ago, bled01 said:

Good point and prudent, I had forgotten that you were still onboard. I know that fabric sofas may be more "elegant" but this thread does show a problem with them for sure. I'm glad it was taken care of for you. 

The vinyl sofas in the cabins sure make more sense than the fabric ones.  I think the old sofas are comfortable but the orange color had to go.  Maybe a dark blue?  The orange color transported me back to the 50's.

The vinyl sofas in the cabins sure make more sense than the fabric ones.  I think the old sofas are comfortable but the orange color had to go.  Maybe a dark blue?  The orange color transported me back to the 50's.

12 minutes ago, Cushing985 said:

Maybe they could go with a nice 'Harvest Gold' or 'Avocado Green'😁

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, fla97 said:

I get you don’t won’t post room number now, but I am getting on Saturday and would just like to know…thanks

Just curious.  What exactly are you planning on doing if it's your room?

That “Poppie” Seinfeld episode makes me literally gag every time I see it’s on.

Having a stained and smelly couch front and center when I got to my cabin would do me in.  
I know stuff happens, but oh dear…..

You are troopers to have been able to deal with it the best way you could.