The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday July 3rd, 2024

richwmn

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good warm and sunny evening. 
  Happy Independence Day to those of us celebrating tomorrow. The weather here is supposed  to be hot and humid with thunderstorms possible. 
There’s a thread running on here about a horrible cruise on the Volendam. 
I have some thoughts about the situation.but they would get me banned. 
@Crazy For Cats, I don’t know if you have ever been to the Oregon Dairy market and restaurant outside of Lancaster. They have an ice cream shop that is selling a patriotic sundae of vanilla ice cream, red velvet Whoopie Pie and blueberries. 
Have a peaceful evening.

I just finished reading the thread, and now the possible banned number is five.  There was a saying going around several years ago that covers a lot of situations, "Ship happens".  Just be careful how you say it.  I got a good laugh from the Chief Engineer on Prinsendam when I told hom. 

4 hours ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon, everyone!

We had an eventful day today.  When I got home from the gym we decided to go to the outlet mall in Birch Run, about 45 minutes away.  So we loaded up in the car and away we went.  We hit a couple of clothing stores and shoe stores.  I got a deal - 70% off - on some clothes for our upcoming cruise as well as some new step in Skechers.  We had a late lunch and brought half of it home for dinner.  Then we headed over to Macy's at the Mall in Saginaw.  That was a bust.  The clothing selection is really pathetic and ugly to boot.  So, we headed home.  All in all, it was a nice day.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the blue cheese coleslaw.   You can use any vinaigrette dressing you like.  I don't have a recipe for it, just kind of made it up after having blue cheese coleslaw at a restaurant.  As everyone else has mentioned, you and Tana and the whole family are always in my thoughts.  

Debbie, you did goos at the outlet mall.  The last two times I stopped in Macy's I was very disappointed.  There was not the variety of merchandise, and even less range of sizes.  The worst was the worn, filthy carpet.

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Just catching up as we’re home from camping.  Woo hoo my first normal shower in a month as indoor water restrictions were lifted! 

@kazu so glad you have an answer, just wish you didn’t have any pain.  Makes me never want to have a pedicure again!  

@smitty34877sending lots of gentle hugs and prayers for you, Tana and family! 

Great photos of Rhodes, a couple more. 

IMG_2949.jpeg

IMG_2948.jpeg

IMG_2946.jpeg

Brenda, I'm glad you can now take a regular showe.

39 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

SAYING HAPPY 4th of July in advance!!!

Aloha to everyone!!

As a lot of you know we’re back at our other home in Kaanapali!! It has been wonderful! Having our daughter Shawn here through the 4th with her best girl friends has been wonderful!

I am excited to show some paintings that I have finished and want to show you all! 

I have not frame 2 of them, but wanted to show you all!! 
Hope all have a beautiful 4th and also my heart goes out to soo many that have so much on their plates, it hurts my heart but I pray for all!

🌺🌺

Mahalo,

Denise😊
image.thumb.jpeg.0a3bda98f61f0f9c2496da23e6c2ada3.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.0fcb41c9afe7782a80687a5b983aae39.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.166e2f083befbd7d71d7728d369f2849.jpeg

All the paintings are wonderful, but I love the first one.

So far, we have not heard any fireworks.  Unfortunately, I think that is about to change.  Inhad to go to the dollar store, and when I passed the fireworks stand, there were a lot of customers.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Just watched our local news and the storm we had last night also was an F1 tornado. It was about 7 miles from us, whew. 

Carolyn @Cruising-along, the road trip your DD & family are on reminds me of a week long road trip that Craig and I took back in 1979 BK (before kids). We camped at several campgrounds and stayed in some motels. Went to the 4 corners area and all around, Window Rock, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley. We were exhausted!  But it was fun and a really good memory. 

Yikes Sharon, that's close!

Here's a map that shows their route (counter clockwise).  They'll take a month to do it, and are having a blast!  Lots of driving but lots of activity too (they have their bikes with them, swim wherever possible, and lots of hiking).  Wears me out just to hear about it!

Roadtrip.thumb.jpg.0dab3add234ca831e1a43065e1cf62e8.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Eight, 

Mom update - still in hospital but hopefully home tomorrow. They are monitoring her due to a small tear near the aorta but all tests have come back as "unremarkable" which is good. 

Karen

Karen, thanks for the update on your DM.  I'm glad she ismdoing well, and that they are being extra careful.

Lenda

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Yikes Sharon, that's close!

Here's a map that shows their route (counter clockwise).  They'll take a month to do it, and are having a blast!  Lots of driving but lots of activity too (they have their bikes with them, swim wherever possible, and lots of hiking).  Wears me out just to hear about it!

Roadtrip.thumb.jpg.0dab3add234ca831e1a43065e1cf62e8.jpg

They will love Mesa Verde and looks like they will roll through Durango. Are they planning to ride the narrow gauge to Silverton?

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

They will love Mesa Verde and looks like they will roll through Durango. Are they planning to ride the narrow gauge to Silverton?

I don't know, Susan -- will ask!  DH and I loved Mesa Verde when we were there a few years ago and we did roll through Durango that trip.  That was before we knew you. 🙂  

8 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Thanks for the map. The 2nd half is nearly identical to the trip I took with 3 friends last September-good memories.

That would have been a great trip.  We've been to most of these spots over the years, but never in one trip. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@DeeniEncinitasAbsolutely beautiful paintings! I love them!  Water is something that I just cant figure out how to paint, unless its water coming down a fall.

Annie🌺

Thankyou so much!! I hope they bring you calmness, and relaxation! Sometimes I close my eyes and can visualize the ocean and am able to start my painting!! 
🌺Mahalo

Denise😊

• Like 8

5 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha to everyone!!

As a lot of you know we’re back at our other home in Kaanapali!! It has been wonderful! Having our daughter Shawn here through the 4th with her best girl friends has been wonderful!

I am excited to show some paintings that I have finished and want to show you all! 

Hope all have a beautiful 4th and also my heart goes out to soo many that have so much on their plates, it hurts my heart but I pray for all!

🌺🌺

Mahalo,

Denise😊

Lovely paintings Denise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I just finished reading the thread, and now the possible banned number is five.  There was a saying going around several years ago that covers a lot of situations, "Ship happens".  Just be careful how you say it.  I got a good laugh from the Chief Engineer on Prinsendam when I told hom. 

Debbie, you did goos at the outlet mall.  The last two times I stopped in Macy's I was very disappointed.  There was not the variety of merchandise, and even less range of sizes.  The worst was the worn, filthy carpet.

Brenda, I'm glad you can now take a regular showe.

All the paintings are wonderful, but I love the first one.

So far, we have not heard any fireworks.  Unfortunately, I think that is about to change.  Inhad to go to the dollar store, and when I passed the fireworks stand, there were a lot of customers.

Lenda

I have just read that thread but as I have never sailed on HAL I didn't feel I could comment.

It is sad how the op responded to his cruise when a little pre-cruise knowledge would have been very helpful for his family.

I heard the hurricane might come near to Texas so please Take Care Lenda.

Wishing you and all of my American friends a

Happy Independence day.

img-Xt-Dp6Sm-large.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

@Quartzsite Cruiser  I really appreciate your multiquote posts, thank you.

@DeeniEncinitas  thank you for sharing your artwork with us, you are very talented.

Re plastic bags,  single use plastic carry bags were banned quite some time ago in this country.  Paper bags are now supplied at supermarkets for fruit/vegetables, instead of the soft plastic bags which are also banned.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha to everyone!!

🌺🌺

Mahalo,

Denise😊

Simply gorgeous!  Your artwork would be welcome on my walls!  And Happy 4th to you and yours.🎆

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

...Sometimes I close my eyes and can visualize the ocean and am able to start my painting!! 

My attempts at painting look like I kept my eyes closed.🫣

So, I leave the creating to very talented people such as yourself and my BFF - she frequently sends me pictures of her latest masterpieces.❤️

Thanks for sharing your paintings - I quite enjoy seeing them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I have just read that thread but as I have never sailed on HAL I didn't feel I could comment.

It is sad how the op responded to his cruise when a little pre-cruise knowledge would have been very helpful for his family.

I heard the hurricane might come near to Texas so please Take Care Lenda.

Wishing you and all of my American friends a

Happy Independence day.

img-Xt-Dp6Sm-large.jpg

Thank you for your concern about the hutticane, Graham.  I just checked the weather app, and it looks like Beryl will go through the southern part of Texas south of San Antonio.  We live nearer the Dallas-Fort Worth area, and we'll get rain over the weekend.  Joy @Seasick Sailor lives just north of Austin, and should be safe from the storm with just some rain.  Elizabeth @Haljo1935 is north of us in the DFW Metroplex area and will be even less affected.  At 5 am today, Beryl's winds had dropped to 120mph from about 150mph.  Crossing the Gulf of Mexico the storm could gain strength again, and the predicted path could change since hurricanes can be unpredictable.  Since the three of us live inland, we should be safe from the worst of the storm, but get much needed rain.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4