The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday July 11th, 2024

DH is having a hard time today.  Yesterday he actually got up on his own. But today, when he said he needed to run errands, and I start work at noon, I cant get him out of bed! So I guess I will go out with his card during my break today.  Thing is, each time I go in and tell him to get up, he asks why.  He said he aches more today than he ever has, so I am letting him sleep.

Then when he does get up he will be mad at me for letting him sleep.So every hour, I go in and check on him.  Tell him to get up.  Not sure at this rate if he will survive surgery tomorrow.  We may show up, and they wont do the surgery.  HIs arms are swollen, his feet are swollen.  I want to dial 911 but he says no. Or they may just hospitalize him, which right now is where I think he needs to be.

I forgot to mention that Jersey's new mom told me that yesterday was National Kitten Day.  Trust me, they celebrated.  I had marinated some toy mice in the catnip, and gave them "fresh" toys last night, and it was 3 hours of mayhem.  Jersey slept through it all, but the other 3 were zoom toys. Even Tigger was afraid! 

Time to do a DH check.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 11

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm not sure about Bowdler's Day - censorship can be destructive.  Every day should be cheer up the lonely day because we never know when we might be one of them.  Five billion?  Right now we're at 8.2.  

It's a warm, humid morning here on the "frozen tundra".  Currently sitting at 23C(73) and looking at a high of 35(95), with humidity at 74% in a normally very dry prairie area.  The humidity comes courtesy of a middle of the night thunder and lightning storm - accompanied by some hail.  I would have slept through it (did I mention I sleep like the dead?), but DH was going from window to window in our bedroom, and finally said "Ger, it's storming out there, and there's hail!"  Like I was supposed to do something about it.  LOL  So, being the good wife, I got up, looked out and agreed it was raining and there was some hail.

@smitty34877I'm glad Tana has decided on the edibles; hopefully once the nausea subsides, she'll have more of an appetite.  Camilla?  OMG, she's prettier every time we see her - thanks for sharing her photo!

@Mr. Bostonhope the cold doesn't kick the stuffing out of you after your move!

@grapau27sending Happy Birthday wishes to Father David!

@kazuyou are so fortunate to have good neighbours and a fellow who is so helpful to you when you really need it.

@Seasick Sailorprayers for Bonnie's MRI today.

@cat shepardI'm stealing your wine meme; love it!

Got a lot accomplished yesterday, cleared off the dining room table and then refilled it with various things for the party - children's activity toys (there won't be many, but we want to keep them occupied), lots of bubbles (for adults and kids), beach balls (there are always a few sailing through the air at the party), and then moved the smokies from the freezer to the spare fridge so I can use the space for ice.  I usually only use our stand-alone ice maker once a year - for Summerfest - but it really gets a workout when I do need it.  Then we went out and bought beer and what I need to put together for sangria.  

When I saw the title of today's menu suggestion, I wondered if it was the same thing we call "Hangover Soup", which is basically hamburger soup with everything from the fridge thrown into it.  I'm going to pass on the wine, but have written down the ingredients for the drink.  Because of the heat, I'm not going to cook, even on the deck, so we'll be enjoying another round of cold chicken sandwiches and vegetables in the pergola tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, in floods, and in wars not of their making.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5

A hint for Cheering Up The Lonely: you don't do it by going up to them and shouting "CHEER UP!"

It is cool enough to make soup but I'm not going to. I would like the drink. It is getting hard to find a Finger Lakes Sauvignon Blanc that I haven't mentioned before and I am starting to hate New Zealand, so here's a 2021 Vignoles from Keuka Lake Vineyards, $19. "This Vignoles is made from grapes grown on our eastside estate vineyards, specifically--Turkey Run, Silvernail and Garden. Between the three sites there are a variety of soil types including well-draining gravel, glacial till, clay, and sandy soils in portions of Turkey Run. The wine is bright and flavorful, with citrus and tropical aromas."

I was concerned that the prayer service last night might not have a quorum, because of the forecast for severe thunderstorms, but it was just noise and a brief splash of rain, and there were plenty of people. Tonight is the last night, by the family's choice; it could have continued through Monday.

twoworms.jpg.cb1b2693b37c97dfc02c543293ea5773.jpg

• Like 24
  • Haha 6

Good morning. I am back to my usual routine this morning. The dogs let me sleep and the temperature was cool, so dawn and the dawn chorus were up before I was.

I remember having a Stinger in the past.... can not remember what the occasion was. Since I like minty drinks, I remember I liked it.

All is quiet here. My windows are sparkly clean. Wonder of wonders, the window washer showed up when he was supposed to. I need to have them done more often. Being on the second floor, I can only wipe down the insides and the dust and dirt here are incredible.

@smitty34877  I am glad Tana is trying the edibles. I hope they give her some relief and stimulate her appetite. 

@marshhawk Hope the surgery can help your DH. And also I am glad that one way or another he is to see a doctor tomorrow.

@kazuI am so glad you are having help getting things organized. I shudder to think of moving, but I know it is coming up for me at some point in the not too distant future and as has been said ... better to do it while you can rather than when you absolutely have no choice. My neighbor is doing a lot of camping this summer and is away for some stretches, but when winter comes, she and I are going to hit some of my harder to reach areas.

Today's projects are to sort a couple of drawers that house sweaters and go through a shelf on one of my bookcases. Tomorrow will be a thrift store run. I am avoiding the shelter today as they are having a big fund raiser (I hope it is successful) .... I made my contribution the other day when I was out there... parking will probably be a mess.

Thinking cruises.

Susan

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

We'll have a cooler day today, the coolest for some time and only in the upper 70's.  But it won't last and no rain in sight.  

Of the 3 days I'll celebrate Cheer up the Lonely, not the other 2.  I would like to try the drink, and know I would love the Marlborough SB.  We really aren't much for soups, but I would choose the 1st recipe (minus the mushrooms).  Have not been to Brazil.

Today will be more watering the garden as usual, and some housecleaning.  Since having the cats here it needs to be done more often than when it's just DH and me.  I think I'll do the cod recipe we had a few days ago (but with halibut).  

DD and family are about half-way through their National Park road trip.  The last 3 days have been spent in Bryce and tomorrow they will head to Arches National Park and meet up with DS and DDIL who have made it to Utah now.  What a trip, I'm so happy for them.  Especially fun to see the family photos in front of each national park sign.

Terry @smitty34877 I'm glad Tana is trying the edibles.  Thank you for the photo of sweet Camilla.  She has grown!

@RedneckBob I'm so glad your absence was short lived, we would miss you!

Joy @Seasick Sailor Prayers for Bonnie as she has the MRI.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

ScreenShot2024-07-11at08_24_42.png.dc1ddcbd583ba2273d1fdae128e610a8.png

Good morning and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I will not celebrate Bowdler (censorship is downright evil), and 37 years later, as of today we have 8,120,708,753 people in the world. Not sure I agree with the quote (it seems weird), no to both the drink and wine, never been to the port BUT the soups!!  They sound so delicious I have save the first 2 recipes (as I couldn't download the third without "joining").  Good 'ole King Henry VIII and his fight with the Pope.

This "should" be the last day of our excessive heat but I don't think there is much difference between 111F and the predicted high today of 107F.  We are expecting some thunderstorms tonight so that will cool us down significantly.  

IMG_8003.thumb.JPG.7a281abac89ca1dbbdc082b510b35bee.JPG

My sander came in yesterday and I picked out some additional tiles to round out the pattern.  I have to go get a couple more and some sanding discs, glue, grout and tools today.  I have been researching the best way to do this and I think I have come up with a plan.  I did the same kind of research when I deconstructed my bathroom at my house in South Dakota because I had to knock down walls, remove the floor and bathroom fixtures and then reconstruct everything (sistering floor joists, etc.).  That took me a year; I am pretty sure this project won't take me that long!! 😆

It is good to read of some of the progress made in overcoming some life obstacles but distressing to read some of those who still have challenges.  Thoughts for you all.  Cheers to those celebrating.  Have a great Thursday everyone!!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, summer slope said:

Stinger cocktail:

The Stinger is a pre-Prohibition drink composed simply of cognac and white crème de menthe. The odd couple is quite a pair, producing a cocktail that’s sweet, strong, minty and refreshing—the ideal interplay for an after-dinner nightcap.

The exact origins of the Stinger are murky, but it appeared in print at least as far back as 1914, when Jacques Straub included it in his book “Drinks.” In the book “Imbibe!,” drinks historian and author David Wondrich reports that the Stinger is most famously associated with Reginald Vanderbilt—yes, of the Vanderbilts. A 1923 Ohio newspaper article even credited him with the invention, noting that he was fond of serving them to guests at his home beginning two decades prior. So, it seems we can thank ol’ Reggie for giving us this classic.

Vanderbilt’s taste for the Stinger solidified its high-society bonafides, and for decades the drink was associated with the upper class. It even appeared in the 1956 movie “High Society” starring Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby, and James Bond drinks one in the 1956 novel “Diamonds Are Forever.” The Stinger remained popular in the United States, inside and outside of pop culture, until about the 1970s when it fell out of favor.
Ingredients:
1 3/4 oz Cognac,
2/3 oz White crème de menthe

Preparation: Pour in a mixing glass with ice, stir and strain into a cocktail glass. May also be served on rocks in a rocks glass.

Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 6.51.29 AM.png

Ok, what’s all the buzz about this drink!

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

We'll have a cooler day today, the coolest for some time and only in the upper 70's.  But it won't last and no rain in sight.  

Of the 3 days I'll celebrate Cheer up the Lonely, not the other 2.  I would like to try the drink, and know I would love the Marlborough SB.  We really aren't much for soups, but I would choose the 1st recipe (minus the mushrooms).  Have not been to Brazil.

Today will be more watering the garden as usual, and some housecleaning.  Since having the cats here it needs to be done more often than when it's just DH and me.  I think I'll do the cod recipe we had a few days ago (but with halibut).  

DD and family are about half-way through their National Park road trip.  The last 3 days have been spent in Bryce and tomorrow they will head to Arches National Park and meet up with DS and DDIL who have made it to Utah now.  What a trip, I'm so happy for them.  Especially fun to see the family photos in front of each national park sign.

Terry @smitty34877 I'm glad Tana is trying the edibles.  Thank you for the photo of sweet Camilla.  She has grown!

Thanks. Yes I was absence all of two hours!

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

DH is having a hard time today.  Yesterday he actually got up on his own. But today, when he said he needed to run errands, and I start work at noon, I cant get him out of bed! So I guess I will go out with his card during my break today.  Thing is, each time I go in and tell him to get up, he asks why.  He said he aches more today than he ever has, so I am letting him sleep.

Then when he does get up he will be mad at me for letting him sleep.So every hour, I go in and check on him.  Tell him to get up.  Not sure at this rate if he will survive surgery tomorrow.  We may show up, and they wont do the surgery.  HIs arms are swollen, his feet are swollen.  I want to dial 911 but he says no. Or they may just hospitalize him, which right now is where I think he needs to be.

I forgot to mention that Jersey's new mom told me that yesterday was National Kitten Day.  Trust me, they celebrated.  I had marinated some toy mice in the catnip, and gave them "fresh" toys last night, and it was 3 hours of mayhem.  Jersey slept through it all, but the other 3 were zoom toys. Even Tigger was afraid! 

Time to do a DH check.

Oh, Annie, I'm sorry your DH is having such a hard day today, and so much pain.  I hope tomorrow is better.  Hugs to both of you.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Carolyn, I'm glad both families are having a good time on their vacations.  RV trips with the DDs when they were little were a lot of fun.

54 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

ScreenShot2024-07-11at08_24_42.png.dc1ddcbd583ba2273d1fdae128e610a8.png

Good morning and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I will not celebrate Bowdler (censorship is downright evil), and 37 years later, as of today we have 8,120,708,753 people in the world. Not sure I agree with the quote (it seems weird), no to both the drink and wine, never been to the port BUT the soups!!  They sound so delicious I have save the first 2 recipes (as I couldn't download the third without "joining").  Good 'ole King Henry VIII and his fight with the Pope.

This "should" be the last day of our excessive heat but I don't think there is much difference between 111F and the predicted high today of 107F.  We are expecting some thunderstorms tonight so that will cool us down significantly.  

IMG_8003.thumb.JPG.7a281abac89ca1dbbdc082b510b35bee.JPG

My sander came in yesterday and I picked out some additional tiles to round out the pattern.  I have to go get a couple more and some sanding discs, glue, grout and tools today.  I have been researching the best way to do this and I think I have come up with a plan.  I did the same kind of research when I deconstructed my bathroom at my house in South Dakota because I had to knock down walls, remove the floor and bathroom fixtures and then reconstruct everything (sistering floor joists, etc.).  That took me a year; I am pretty sure this project won't take me that long!! 😆

It is good to read of some of the progress made in overcoming some life obstacles but distressing to read some of those who still have challenges.  Thoughts for you all.  Cheers to those celebrating.  Have a great Thursday everyone!!

Pennie, good luck with your project.  It sounds like you have a good plan in place.

27 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks. Yes I was absence all of two hours!

A looooooong two hours.  😁

4 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Some cooler days, 88 today and cooler tomorrow and Saturday!  Nice!  Maybe it’ll help DH’s eye feel better. He’s trying some new anti-itch cream… I’m beside myself, so is he, we don’t know what’s going on!  And neither do the doctors. sigh. One day at a time….  But he can see… 🌈

Strange days to celebrate. My first thought was, It’s 7-11 day!  I hadn’t heard of a 7-11 until I moved out west at age 23!  I guess they are everywhere now.  (It’s a convenience store chain, open 7am-11pm, a novel idea 50+ yrs ago.). 

🎂 HAPPY BIRTHDAY FR DAVID 🎉 

Terry, glad Tana is feeling ok with the new approach. We’re with you!  

Terri, hoping you can get hooked up with some support, maybe through the Alzheimer’s contact you made. I know there’s a lot going on, unsettling and painful, but don’t miss the opportunity to appreciate What’s good right now!  You may not have family support but you have us!  Sending gentle hugs. 

Nancy, Joliet MO? That’s a far piece away!  Hoping your neighbor gets the help needed! 
And thanks for the news that your DB is home! Ya-hoo! Hoping his IV meds did the trick!  And you can John can catch some fish…

Elizabeth, those bruises look nasty. Arnica salve might help clear them quicker, if you have access to it. 

Sandi, St Anthony was on our Newfoundland trip itinerary, trip that didn’t happen when life got in the way… still hoping for “someday”!  Interested if you get to the Viking site!  The iceberg looks ominous!  

Jacqui, you are making Amazing progress!  I’m glad you have help. Sorting and moving stuff forward took us several months!  A friend helped us advertise on a FB local yard sale page, especially DH’s tools.  It was often a tough parting but life is much simplier now. I found it just as hard mentally and emotionally as physically. When you rest, rest your mind too. And remember my lists: All the things you will not miss having to deal with; and all the new opportunities you will have, and the energy to do them!  

@Mr. Boston Thinking of you both in your new environment!  🎉. We have great memories of Ogunquit ME!  

Annie, you have an infectious positivity that helps me every day!  I’m sending it back to you!  Hope you all have a good day today!  

Blessings to you all for a safe and grateful day!  Thanks for being here! 
Maureen

Maureen, I remember when the 7-11 type stores first opened in my home town in the mid-50s.  There was one where when you drove up, the clerk would come out to the car, take your order, and then deliver it to the car and take the payment.  That went the way of full service gas stations decades ago, before I graduated from high school.  I'm sorry your DH's eyes are itching again.  I hope the new cream helps.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

My legs are killing me and this whole process is too depressing.  Taking a mini break and trying to catch up on a few things.  But the hous e has to be ready enough to show to this family this weekend.

If they aren’t interested, it will be staged.  I’m just glad I got some of the furniture out  a week ago.  It does make a difference.

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Please give a prayer for Bonnie today. She has her MRI at 12:45 today.

Prayers for Bonnie.  Hoping all goes well with her MRI.  🙏 

5 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Some cooler days, 88 today and cooler tomorrow and Saturday!  Nice!  Maybe it’ll help DH’s eye feel better. He’s trying some new anti-itch cream… I’m beside myself, so is he, we don’t know what’s going on!  And neither do the doctors. sigh. One day at a time….  But he can see… 🌈

Darn,I am so sorry your poor DH’’s eyes are causing so much aggravation for him.  Poor him and poor you.

5 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Jacqui, you are making Amazing progress!  I’m glad you have help. Sorting and moving stuff forward took us several months!  A friend helped us advertise on a FB local yard sale page, especially DH’s tools.  It was often a tough parting but life is much simplier now. I found it just as hard mentally and emotionally as physically. When you rest, rest your mind too. And remember my lists: All the things you will not miss having to deal with; and all the new opportunities you will have, and the

energy to do them!  

thanks Maureen, it might sound like amazing progress but seriously, you have to see how much is in this house.  However, we kind of like a well oiled machine.  I do pay Bradley for his help but he and I have become friends since I broke my elbow and he came to my rescue.

My neighbours are sweethearts.  When we moved here, we were the “newbies on the block” and it is nearly 30 years I have lived here.  I will miss them and the back yard badly.

4 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Oh, Annie, I am so sorry to hear this.  Huge hugs to him and to you 🥰 

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@kazuyou are so fortunate to have good neighbours and a fellow who is so helpful to you when you really need it.

I know.  I am truly blessed.  I always believed in “Do unto others” and it has certainly come true for me.  My legs don’t like to lift the boxes (I did move the first 10) and I realized quickly I needed help.  Putting them out each month was a huge struggle and now with the worsening pain, I’ve gotten smarter.

2 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Wow!  Good for you, Pennie.  Best of luck with your project.  You are truly a wonder!

Debbie @dfish I am glad Beryl has left you, but did you have to send  it here?  Torrential rain, T-storm and flood warnings.  I’m fine being on the hill  (the only good thing about the hill is when we get this stuff) but others will not be so fortunate.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

CC dies not like me much recently - double posts and now picture-only posts (which I saw in time to delete). Let's try again w/o the "quotes.".

@ger_77 I chuckled at your post about the exchange between you & your DH during storms. That's how it is at my house, but the roles are reversed. After hearing me repeatedly say "it's really coming down" or "what an impressive lightening show" or similar remark, DH will eventually respond with his usual "and what exactly would you like me to do about it?" 🙄

@Nickelpenny we planned on doing a similar project w/our tiles, but when I didn't start one, DH began leaving the tiles in the cabin so it will likely not happen here. 😪 I look forward to seeing pics of the project. Stay safe in the heat. 🫠 I agree there's not any real difference between 100+ and another 100+ temp. I was sitting in my car post PT trying to cool it down so I could leave and the number was moving in the wrong direction. 

When I first started it.

20240711_123710.thumb.jpg.303e92fd193c3756e41708cfe4fd1601.jpg

Not really driving - just put it in gear to leave when I decided to get another picture. 

20240711_124343.thumb.jpg.ef359f2b87a1535e5920f155f55b5f97.jpg

Yes, we need to have the air bag recall done. And still not driving, just sitting waiting to see if it goes down.

20240711_124523.thumb.jpg.74e220ae6df8e1b48cacb0e462a6c9ab.jpg

Drove a couple miles but still not going down. At least it's not going up; I have zero interest in learning what the top number is. 🙄

20240711_124629.thumb.jpg.b6404793c4a7746aca0fe3379b22155b.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

@marshhawk  Prayers for you and Chuck, today and for his surgery tomorrow.

@kazu prayers for your energy to stay up and you get your house ship shape for Saturday.  

@RMLincoln our friends are from Joliet, IL.  Most people that have cabins in this area are from MI. WI and IL and a few from IN.   

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, kazu said:

Debbie @dfish I am glad Beryl has left you, but did you have to send  it here?  Torrential rain, T-storm and flood warnings.  I’m fine being on the hill  (the only good thing about the hill is when we get this stuff) but others will not be so fortunate.

I thought I sent it up to Hudson Bay.  Beryl isn't good at following directions and just does what she wants, I'm afraid.  Our rain was not hard or heavy, just a light steady rain all day. I'm thinking the people in Pennsylvania and New York sent their part your way.

It actually does sound like you are making progress on the house.  I was amazed at how much I had packed into mine when I started packing up.  I threw out so much, gave a bunch away, donated a ton of stuff and still had enough to fill a moving truck.  I haven't missed a thing I got rid of and I did unpack all the boxes I did bring with me.  

My realtor told me the biggest thing was to make sure the place didn't look cluttered so prospective buyers got a sense of roominess.  Not everyone follows their realtor's advice.  We went through some houses that we had to side step through to get around.  We could tell the homes that had been maintained versus the ones that hadn't and steered clear of the ones that hadn't.  

I surprised myself last spring when I visited friends in Ohio in the old neighborhood.   I saw my house and didn't feel any desire to go in or regrets in leaving.  I was surprised. I lived there for 34 years.  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dfish said:

...I was amazed at how much I had packed into mine when I started packing up.  I threw out so much, gave a bunch away, donated a ton of stuff and still had enough to fill a moving truck.  I haven't missed a thing I got rid of and I did unpack all the boxes I did bring with me.  

...I surprised myself last spring when I visited friends in Ohio in the old neighborhood.   I saw my house and didn't feel any desire to go in or regrets in leaving.  I was surprised. I lived there for 34 years.  

Sometimes I think I'm living in a storage unit having stuff from both my parents and my brother after they passed away. Siblings don't want to get rid of it, but don't want to take it to their own houses so I ended up w/it ALL. Plus stuff from 3 homes when I'd been temporarily relocated for work. Then add in the "normal" amount of stuff a household has. It's just too much. We did have 1 fairly successful garage sale several years ago, but we could do 2/yr and still not make a dent...

DH (who, like me, still works) keeps saying he wants to sell the house and buy an RV. Sounds sort of appealing until I look at how long it would take to clean out the house. And the big dog is too big (125#)  to live in an RV and 3 animals is too many, so we couldn't do it until they cross the Rainbow Bridge. Boggles the mind to think about it, but I'm sure I'd feel a heavy burden was lifted if we did it.

One time when we drove past our favorite house after we'd sold it did I want to go in. I sat out front reminding myself of why we sold, then when the desire to go in passed, I drove away and never went back. Selling was the right decision. I didn't regret selling, I just needed to fully accept that.

• Like 23

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

Bowlder censored books, so no celebrating the man. I hope if we know anyone lonely, we give them a call today. That's a while ago since the population was 5 Billion. Interesting quote. I will take the soup; pass on the drink and the wine. I haven't been to Maceio. 

It's been cloudy all day, and cooler, but still very humid. We got a little rain last night, but not near enough as it mainly went north of us. I had PT at noon; it's not cool enough in there and I was really sweating as I'm trying to push as much as I can (with the bum knee). Then I went to do some grocery shopping for BFF and I. Tomorrow I'll go to Aldi's. Then Saturday I'll take the groceries to BFF and maybe also some chili that I'll make tomorrow. Now to relax a bit.

@StLouisCruisers Looking at that iceberg cools me off (plus the AC just came on, lol). Enjoy the Orange party tonight.

@grapau27 Happy Birthday to Fr. David. Thanks for the explanation of the 2 days.

@kazu I'm glad you've got folks helping you to cart boxes to the garage, and take them for donation. I hope Ivan isn't feeling too badly after his procedure. Best of luck with the showing this weekend. I know there's a lot to do, but do take breaks often. 

@ottahand7 I hope your DB does ok now that the antibiotics are done. Sorry to hear about your neighbor hurting his eye.

@dfish The first recipe looks good to me.

@Mr. Boston Sorry you're sick. Rest and fluids!

@smitty34877 Praying that Tana feels like eating. Also good that her nausea is less. Camilla is too cute!

@0106 Enjoy Ocean City.

@marshhawk You've got your hands full with all the cats and kittens. Be careful, I knew someone once who got cat scratch fever. She had an enlarged lymph node and feared cancer; it was biopsied and showed cat scratch fever. I'm sorry Chuck is having a tough time today and has swelling. They may not want to do surgery tomorrow, when they see the shape he's in. 

@RMLincoln I'm sorry to hear that DH's eye is itchy, even without the drops. Prayers it stops or that a reason and treatment can be found. 

@rafinmd That doesn't sound good that the treasurer was a no show (no phone call?). 

@Cruising-along Oh, I love Arches. It sounds like a great family trip.

@RedneckBob You're addicted to the Daily, like the rest of us!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

6 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

Bowlder censored books, so no celebrating the man. I hope if we know anyone lonely, we give them a call today. That's a while ago since the population was 5 Billion. Interesting quote. I will take the soup; pass on the drink and the wine. I haven't been to Maceio. 

It's been cloudy all day, and cooler, but still very humid. We got a little rain last night, but not near enough as it mainly went north of us. I had PT at noon; it's not cool enough in there and I was really sweating as I'm trying to push as much as I can (with the bum knee). Then I went to do some grocery shopping for BFF and I. Tomorrow I'll go to Aldi's. Then Saturday I'll take the groceries to BFF and maybe also some chili that I'll make tomorrow. Now to relax a bit.

@StLouisCruisers Looking at that iceberg cools me off (plus the AC just came on, lol). Enjoy the Orange party tonight.

@grapau27 Happy Birthday to Fr. David. Thanks for the explanation of the 2 days.

@kazu I'm glad you've got folks helping you to cart boxes to the garage, and take them for donation. I hope Ivan isn't feeling too badly after his procedure. Best of luck with the showing this weekend. I know there's a lot to do, but do take breaks often. 

@ottahand7 I hope your DB does ok now that the antibiotics are done. Sorry to hear about your neighbor hurting his eye.

@dfish The first recipe looks good to me.

@Mr. Boston Sorry you're sick. Rest and fluids!

@smitty34877 Praying that Tana feels like eating. Also good that her nausea is less. Camilla is too cute!

@0106 Enjoy Ocean City.

@marshhawk You've got your hands full with all the cats and kittens. Be careful, I knew someone once who got cat scratch fever. She had an enlarged lymph node and feared cancer; it was biopsied and showed cat scratch fever. I'm sorry Chuck is having a tough time today and has swelling. They may not want to do surgery tomorrow, when they see the shape he's in. 

@RMLincoln I'm sorry to hear that DH's eye is itchy, even without the drops. Prayers it stops or that a reason and treatment can be found. 

@rafinmd That doesn't sound good that the treasurer was a no show (no phone call?). 

@Cruising-along Oh, I love Arches. It sounds like a great family trip.

@RedneckBob You're addicted to the Daily, like the rest of us!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Correct. I will be starting the CCA, Cruise Critic Anonymous. Will meet once a year in Bora Bora!

• Like 6
  • Haha 13

54 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Sometimes I think I'm living in a storage unit having stuff from both my parents and my brother after they passed away. Siblings don't want to get rid of it, but don't want to take it to their own houses so I ended up w/it ALL. Plus stuff from 3 homes when I'd been temporarily relocated for work. Then add in the "normal" amount of stuff a household has. It's just too much. We did have 1 fairly successful garage sale several years ago, but we could do 2/yr and still not make a dent...

DH (who, like me, still works) keeps saying he wants to sell the house and buy an RV. Sounds sort of appealing until I look at how long it would take to clean out the house. And the big dog is too big (125#)  to live in an RV and 3 animals is too many, so we couldn't do it until they cross the Rainbow Bridge. Boggles the mind to think about it, but I'm sure I'd feel a heavy burden was lifted if we did it.

One time when we drove past our favorite house after we'd sold it did I want to go in. I sat out front reminding myself of why we sold, then when the desire to go in passed, I drove away and never went back. Selling was the right decision. I didn't regret selling, I just needed to fully accept that.

There was a ton of stuff in the basement at Mom and Dad's house.  We started cleaning them out long before they passed just so we could get through the place.  Most of the stuff belonged to siblings.  We told them they had until a certain date to come get it or it was going out.  My sister's high school themes went in the trash.  A bunch of other stuff went to Salvation Army.  The siblings who did want stuff did come get it, so that is a tactic that can work.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon and Happy Thursday. It’s currently 106 at my location but I really thought it was going to be hotter today. I had an appointment this morning and we went to lunch afterward, which has us all sleepy. We try not to nap until 3:00. 

I got an upgrade offer for the second week of my B2B cruise for a Pinnacle Suite!  $3,400!!  And double that for me as a single!!! For 7 days!!!!   No. Thank you. 

Now why haven’t I gotten an offer for an outside cabin?  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1