The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday July 31st, 2024

Good morning. I had a minor stomach bug yesterday but after a lot of sleeping I’m feeling much better this morning. It’s currently in 80’s but that will climb as we are on another heat index alert.

Annie not much I can say with all your issues at present. Do pray that you get some much needed support and answers.

This has been a very quiet week and maybe just what we needed after our last two weeks. Looking forward to our short visit with son and family this weekend. We will head to airport at 5:30 AM Friday and return Monday.

Have a great Hump Day and thanks for your post and reports. Where has the Redneck been? Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.0cef6ea82b7f327623e5401c6da72306.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ae2fb5477104a10987a0b41f7d89584b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.213e0f59686dcd6c299969ea93411cc4.jpeg

• Like 32
  • Haha 3

Good morning Dailyites 

79 degrees going to 96. No rain in sight.

My goodness @kazu! You surely have a lot of stuff to go through! 30+ boxes, this trip alone! Go girl!!

Sandi, the twins are adorable and Elliott Rose is such a big girl already!

Allen's appointment with his new doctor went well. We like him. Allen will have an MRI when we get back from Japan to check on the cyst on his pancreas. We had plans to go to lunch, but decided to order pizza in and catch some Olympics. The women's USA team Gymnastics were awesome and deserved their gold medals! A redemption from Tokyo. 

Today our game girls are piling in the car and taking our friend to lunch and to the airport hotel. Her flight to Puerta Vallarta leaves at 6 tomorrow morning. 

Prayers for our Daily-ites. @dfish darn it, I really hoped your ablation would kick in. Annie, I pray for you and Chuck. What a tough, anxiety filled situation for you. @kazu don't push yourself to try together to that finish line. Be careful with the bookshelf. @JazzyV hoping you feel better today,

Lifting up blessings to our friends here. Have a great day!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Unusual instrument- Ekim Beau's handmade dulicimer.  DH and I used to go up to Helen GA often just to get an Ekum fix  Once the crowd gets quite, it's a nice listen while he plays Yesterday.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 9

Posted (edited)

Good morning from a mostly sunny central Texas where it is already 78F and feels like 85F.  There is an 11 mph wind from the SSE and a predicted high of 97F.  We're under a heat advisory today until 8 pm and the heat index is supposed to be 108F.  It will be a good day to be inside, but not until after I get a much needed haircut this morning.  

Three good days to celebrate today.  Love is always good, and mutts give unconditional love.  I looked up Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day, and it honors instruments that people recognize but don't know the name.  We have an instrument that is common in Australia, but not in the US or Canada.  DH bought a didgeridoo on the beach in Darwin, and had it shipped home.   He can make a noise with it.

Another good quote from Eleanor Roosevelt.  And some call us the weaker sex?

The salad sounds good, but will have to wait for another day.  We'll pass on the drink, but the wine sounds interesting, and it's not too expensive.

We have not been to Stornoway.

A good day in history when the Pilgrims began their journey from The Netherlands in 1620.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thanks for the pictures of the twins and Ella Rose.  Such sweet looking babies, and a lovely grown up little girl.  Also, thanks for sharing your day in Stornoway.

@luvteaching  Karen, please wish your DS a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY for us.

@marshhawk  Annie, I know the cats are sad to be missing the vet for their shots.  I hope the vet is better soon.  I hope you can get some rest today.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm sorry the left leg is painful again, but it's good you can usually walk it out.  I hope they have a solution at your follow up visit after the ablation.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad you have helpers to move all the boxes.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I'm glad you and Allen both liked the new doctor, and the appointment went well.

449692606_495181416365400_7923857493465140184_n.jpg.e27a44961e30f5daeefaa3b5314a05cf.jpg

452854532_364329653371058_2431326038093328137_n.jpg.6b780934bb535c4789ffbce9c28fe1b3.jpg

453074924_122150312744247919_9153290464089209574_n.jpg.5ea93181469a8b843fc1b5a61ff1808b.jpg

453209309_122153858714053854_7327988587970367985_n.jpg.1d4f52e7a2d52d111c89ff4f142182ca.jpg

453322935_122162611640159957_6840174280895894425_n.jpg.2096666533a5c0f3d882d51461cf5546.jpg

453508669_122141244086266159_4518692342301283614_n.jpg.fdcf194532ec007bb7e9035f6b112b7e.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

Wow, what a lot of information today, I had to stop and get another cup of coffee before I finished reading. Thanks for all the information, pictures and keeping us connected. My heart goes out to those having problems, and everyone is so busy. I have plans today to weed eat along my bulkhead and then spray to keep the weeds down. Doesn't sound like much and I have a long list if I get done early but I know it will take most of my day or at least most of my energy. It is already 90 degrees out and feels like 101 and is not even nine in the morning. Please know you are all in my prayers and I am very glad you are all here. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning.  It's another hot and humid day here today.  I might have to go to the gym to walk today.  Our State Fair starts tomorrow.  More hot weather with storms in the forecast for opening day.  Our granddaughter was here yesterday.  We're working on a sewing project.  She got Zuke, our grand dog to move around more yesterday!  He was going after treats she was offering...the treats got him moving!  He's a Mutt, so I'll celebrate him!  The meal sounds good.  I'm going to make Caprese chicken with tomatoes and basil from the garden.  The drink sounds nice, haven't been to the port.  Thanks for the pictures.

Many prayers for all who need them, Chuck and Annie are on the top of the list.  @dfishsorry to hear your leg pain is bothering you...

Cheers to those cruising and celebrating!  Karen

DGD and her quilt top! 

IMG_1155.jpg

Edited by quilty964
  • Like 34

IMG_81432.thumb.JPG.d570a23ba797c2a4cfea86a5f80ef6bd.JPG

Oh, how did Wednesday creep up!  Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Three good days to recognize and I love the quote.  The salad sounds delicious but not for today, I might like a sip of the drink and I will taste the wine.  I have not been to Scotland.  Very interesting that the Pilgrims started in the Netherlands.

IMG_8149.thumb.JPG.8a8b538c1789a1b4bcdcae1ca123df29.JPG

We are under a wind and dust advisory from noon until 1900 today.  And of course monsoon action but I haven't had any for a couple of days.  Presently it is 82F with 57% humidity with a predicted high in the upper 90s. 

IMG_8150.thumb.JPG.9dfd2b85bf2bc185345d41abfdff8ec6.JPG

My classroom mgmt class was fun; they don't make it too long and it is very interactive.  Plus I get to see people I know.  I have already picked up 12 days to sub for this semester; I prefer to know in advance rather than look in the morning and then go.  I am 🤞 my stitches come out today; they have been in over 5 weeks so hopefully.  And I received an email last night from American that ticked me off - flight change!!  But read it this morning and realized that it was for my second leg coming home after my TA so not too bad.  I still can leave FLL at the time I picked!! 

IMG_8151.thumb.JPG.86636494093ae4dd8e0776ccc02efc4b.JPG

@marshhawk I was sorry to read of your day yesterday.  I hope you can go from here and get the help and support you need.  You are in my thoughts always.

@kazu Sounds like you are making progress!!  One "step" at a time!!

IMG_8157.thumb.JPG.831086f884a97c43f80308993a0a71fe.JPG

Thoughts for all in the world with the fires, wars, disagreements and just plain 'ole turbulance and for the dailyites needing support.  Cheers to those celebrating.  Have a fantastic day everyone!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Every day should be love day; everyone should feel loved.  I believe in mutts, always have.  We have tons of musical instruments in the house, not a one is uncommon - unless you could the one shaped like a frog with steps on it's back that you play with a stick. I think it's called a guerrero.  Yep, I guess that's uncommon.  Great quote.

FROG-L - Meinl Percussion - The Modern Percussion Brand ...

A bright sunny day for us out there this morning with a high of 32(89) expected later this afternoon.  Right now all the windows are open but I think in about an hour we'll be going around closing them to keep a little of the cool air before having to turn on the a/c.

@marshhawk and @catmando my heart goes out to both of you as you struggle with life's thorns.

@luvteachingwishing your DS a very Happy Birthday with many happy and healthy returns of the day!

@kazuyou never cease to amaze me - I can't believe the amount of work you've done by yourself, while still dealing with an enormous amount of pain.  You really are a wonder woman!

@0106Thank you, yes the fish was indeed the black scabbard fish - good of you to remember what it was!

We were planning on going to the Field House this morning for the cardiac rehab program, but DH didn't sleep well last night.  He received a sad email from a friend's son in B.C. saying his dad was currently in the hospital and things weren't going well.  It sounded like he was on his way to the Promised Land which really upset both of us, as he was a good colleague and friend for more than 60 years.  This morning I opened up our emails and found that he'd passed away quietly during the night.  I think DH's sleep today is going to be more valuable to his overall health than walking the track.  I'm sure his mood will be buoyed this afternoon when he has coffee with his band mates.

I've written down the drink of the day for testing purposes (at this rate, we may have to extend the duration of the cruise), have tried and enjoyed the wine, and thought the menu suggestion would be good with the addition of either chicken or steak.  I'm relieved of dinner duties today because DH is having coffee with his buddies at Tim Horton's, so he'll be bringing home roast beef sandwiches that we can enjoy on the deck - or if it's too hot there, in the shade of the pergola for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, in turmoil, in wars and in the path of destructive fires.  Cheers to all who have celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 29
  • Thanks 8

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Yesterday was sunny a good part of the time but at 9 p.m. last night a big thunderstorm showed up.  As Annie @marshhawk mentioned last night there was quite a light show going on.  I didn’t stay up late enough to see how long it lasted though.  Today it’s starting out at 71F and we should reach at least 90.  Skies will be partly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms. 

Thanks Rich @richwmn for today’s Fleet Report and Daily as well as the location maps.  Interesting that Nieuw Statendam is situated in the same place as our port today, Stornoway.  Hoping that Charlene @cunnorl and @St Pete Cruiser are enjoying Isafjordur and the weather there is nice.  I’m sure everyone will enjoy talking about the days of recognition, the quote, meal, drink and wine.  I didn’t know the Pilgrims began their journey in the Netherlands.  Thanks for that Rich @richwmn.  Also I want to thank Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their reports each day.

Prayers and extra hugs today for our Care list people, especially Chuck @catmando and Annie @marshhawk, Tana and Terry @smitty34877, Jacqui @kazu, Vanessa @JazzyV, Joy’s @Seasick Sailor DS Bonnie, Roy @rafinmd, Elizabeth @Haljo1935, Debbie @dfish and Terri @Cruzin Terri.  Also for my DB and twin, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and our troops in the war zones.  Happy days for those celebrating special occasions and cruising!  Enjoy!  Thank you so much Vanessa @JazzyV for keeping up the lists for us.  We appreciate you!

The port this morning is Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, Scotland, UK.  This was the port before on July 22, 2021 and Jan. 14, 2022.  At that time I hadn’t been there yet, but now I have been!  Zuiderdam, June 25, 2024.  Here are the links for your convenience.

I spoke to DN Lisa and she said her new grandsons are doing quite well. The two grandmas are taking turns spending the night at Alex and Jordan’s house to help out and give the parents a little time to sleep.  It seems to be working out fine.  Here is a new photo of the little cuties and big sister Elliott Rose. 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Hope you all have a super day today!  Stay safe and keep well!

Thanks. Yes Isafjordur is sunny and 60F this afternoon, a hot day for here! My Dutch lady friends who were aboard with you said it was barely above freezing on the way over to Boston. We were very blessed to transit the Prins Christian Sund Monday. Of course, we didn't divert to Nuuk where you went.

The Windstar Star Pride joined us at the new expanded dock.

We walked up the city trail to get these pics.20240731_124234.thumb.jpg.ffc0504a751e028bde7e2c3553fc9297.jpg

20240731_071836.jpg

20240731_101408.jpg

20240731_111959.jpg

20240731_121402.jpg

20240731_121613.jpg

20240731_121613.jpg

20240731_125304.jpg

20240731_124505.jpg

20240731_124521.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6

3 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Every day should be love day; everyone should feel loved.  I believe in mutts, always have.  We have tons of musical instruments in the house, not a one is uncommon - unless you could the one shaped like a frog with steps on it's back that you play with a stick. I think it's called a guerrero.  Yep, I guess that's uncommon.  Great quote.

A bright sunny day for us out there this morning with a high of 32(89) expected later this afternoon.  Right now all the windows are open but I think in about an hour we'll be going around closing them to keep a little of the cool air before having to turn on the a/c.

@marshhawk and @catmando my heart goes out to both of you as you struggle with life's thorns.

@luvteachingwishing your DS a very Happy Birthday with many happy and healthy returns of the day!

@kazuyou never cease to amaze me - I can't believe the amount of work you've done by yourself, while still dealing with an enormous amount of pain.  You really are a wonder woman!

@0106Thank you, yes the fish was indeed the black scabbard fish - good of you to remember what it was!

We were planning on going to the Field House this morning for the cardiac rehab program, but DH didn't sleep well last night.  He received a sad email from a friend's son in B.C. saying his dad was currently in the hospital and things weren't going well.  It sounded like he was on his way to the Promised Land which really upset both of us, as he was a good colleague and friend for more than 60 years.  This morning I opened up our emails and found that he'd passed away quietly during the night.  I think DH's sleep today is going to be more valuable to his overall health than walking the track.  I'm sure his mood will be buoyed this afternoon when he has coffee with his band mates.

I've written down the drink of the day for testing purposes (at this rate, we may have to extend the duration of the cruise), have tried and enjoyed the wine, and thought the menu suggestion would be good with the addition of either chicken or steak.  I'm relieved of dinner duties today because DH is having coffee with his buddies at Tim Horton's, so he'll be bringing home roast beef sandwiches that we can enjoy on the deck - or if it's too hot there, in the shade of the pergola for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, in turmoil, in wars and in the path of destructive fires.  Cheers to all who have celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

I have those "instruments"!!  I think I got them in Thailand!!

IMG_8160.thumb.JPG.6714502e47cf892c23c7b4f35b0343aa.JPG

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon from the Zuiderdam 

Have just a beautiful sunny day in Isafjador  Iceland 

some pictures I went to Vigor Island. 
excellent excurdion

IMG_0166.jpeg

IMG_0164.jpeg

IMG_0181.jpeg

IMG_0186.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. Still sunny and dry and it will be hot this afternoon. Currently 69 but up into the 90's during the afternoon. Am planning to work in the storage shed and like @kazuon some bookcases. Fortunately I am not under time constraints so can just plod through.... and unfortunately I stop to read all too often.

The salad looks good. And I love Stornoway and the island of Lewis. The port area would be new for me. I used to make the long trip over by car ferry and we landed in town, and some of those times was in very rough weather. Lots of sea sick passengers.

Off now to give the pups their second walk before it heats up too much and the sidewalks become too hot for their little paws.

Susan

• Like 26

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I'll celebrate Love and mutts. I'm sure there are many uncommon instruments (all kinds) I'm unaware of. Great quote. The meal sounds interesting, maybe on the drink, and I've drank 19 crimes wines including the Warden. I haven't been to Stornoway. Interesting about Pilgrim fathers coming from the Netherlands.

It's already 81F, humid, and partly sunny, going up to 91. We had multiple rounds of thunderstorms yesterday. My rain gauge shows almost 2.5"! I was up too late, a combination of watching some Olympic stuff and deciding to make sourdough dough. I used less starter because of the temperature in my house, to try to prevent over proofing during the bulk fermentation. I slept in my bed's zero gravity position, to keep my head elevated, as suggested post-maneuver by an online vestibular therapist. I wasn't able to be in that position before my back surgery. I felt pretty good this AM, so didn't repeat the maneuver. I'll see how I do today. And today is the first shot of the new RA medication, Actemra.

@luvteaching Happy Birthday to your DS!

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for sharing another photo of the cute twins; I'm glad they're doing well. And of Elliott Rose. Excellent photos from Stornoway. 

@marshhawk Hugs to you. Good idea taking a day off next week. Nice photos.

@grapau27 Nice looking lunch in a lovely setting.

@dfish Sorry to hear you're having pain again.

@kazu It's a big day today with the dumpster coming, and I'm glad you have help to put things into it. And wow, that's a huge donation for the charity, that I'm sure is appreciated. You make me want to start back to sorting through my stuff, as soon as I can. Sorry about the nightmares, but your house seems lovely and I'm sure will sell soon.

@Sir PMP Thanks for the map and photos.

@aliaschief I'm glad you're feeling better.

@lindaler Be careful working outside in that heat.

@quilty964 Great photo of DGD and her quilt top.

@Nickelpenny I hope the incision is well healed and the stitches come out today. 

@ger_77 Condolences to DH and you on the loss of your friend. 

@St Pete Cruiser @cunnorl Great photos from your port, especially with the good weather. 

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 9

Ok, I give up understanding this left leg thing.  I went to the gym and used all my machines and it didn't hurt one bit.  Hasn't hurt since.  Let's hope it stays this way.  It is different from the pain I used to have in that leg.  That pain was mostly in the front of the leg above the knee.  This pain doesn't center there.  I am now wondering if the calf pain is from stretching.  If the weight machines help it, then I will have all of those on our cruise.  I will also have the pool and intend to use it.  We have late dinner and 5:00 pm is a good time to use the pool.  No one is around.

We are having the flank steak and chimichurri for dinner tonight.  I'm going to go make the chimichurri now so the flavors have time to blend.

• Like 29

Good morning all!

Today will be our last "cool" day in the 70's and then it will heat up.  Heading for mid-high 80's for a stretch. So back to watering every day -- the rain was good while it lasted.

Interesting collection of days.  I'll celebrate all love, and both dogs I had as a child were mutts.  Good quote, I've been to Scotland but not this port.  Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for the photos of your day there.  I agree it looks like a place where a tour would be advisable.  

I'll pass on the sweet drink and red wine.  I'd like the 2nd recipe (minus the avocado) and 3rd recipe (minus the bread only because both corn and sourdough bread would put my blood sugar over the top).

Today we'll be taking the DGSs to see the latest Minions movie, out to dinner, and spend the evening with them while DD and DSIL are out for the evening.  I'm looking forward to having some quality time with the boys, missed them while they were gone!  Since we won't head down to their house until later this afternoon, I'm taking it easy this morning.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers Thank you for the adorable photos of the twins and Elliott Rose.

Debbie @dfish So glad the pain in your leg is better after going to the gym 🙂 

Karen @quilty964 Darling photo of your DGD.

Karen @luvteaching Happy Birthday to your DS!

• Like 25

Good morning again from central Texas.  I'm back from my haircut, what a difference, not only in the hair looking less shaggy, but in what a haircut can do for the morale.  Even with my very short hair style, there was a good size pile of hair on the floor after she finished.    While it was pretty warm and sunny, it was still a good day to have the top on the Smart open.  

2 hours ago, quilty964 said:

Good morning.  It's another hot and humid day here today.  I might have to go to the gym to walk today.  Our State Fair starts tomorrow.  More hot weather with storms in the forecast for opening day.  Our granddaughter was here yesterday.  We're working on a sewing project.  She got Zuke, our grand dog to move around more yesterday!  He was going after treats she was offering...the treats got him moving!  He's a Mutt, so I'll celebrate him!  The meal sounds good.  I'm going to make Caprese chicken with tomatoes and basil from the garden.  The drink sounds nice, haven't been to the port.  Thanks for the pictures.

Many prayers for all who need them, Chuck and Annie are on the top of the list.  @dfishsorry to hear your leg pain is bothering you...

Cheers to those cruising and celebrating!  Karen

DGD and her quilt top! 

IMG_1155.jpg

Your DGD is lovely, and the quilt top looks good.  I like the colors and pattern.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

I saw this and said...good enough.

webp

goes well with the T shirt I want-

Mediocrates Meh Good Enough Sarcasm Funny Unisex V-Neck T-Shirt Meh Shirt, Sarcastic Shirt, Sarcasm Shirt, Mediocre, Philosophy Shirt image 1

Annie, I love the quote and the t-shirt.

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, our condolences to you, and your DH on the passing of his friend.  Also, our condolences to your friend's family and other friends.

1 hour ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Thanks. Yes Isafjordur is sunny and 60F this afternoon, a hot day for here! My Dutch lady friends who were aboard with you said it was barely above freezing on the way over to Boston. We were very blessed to transit the Prins Christian Sund Monday. Of course, we didn't divert to Nuuk where you went.

The Windstar Star Pride joined us at the new expanded dock.

We walked up the city trail to get these pics.20240731_124234.thumb.jpg.ffc0504a751e028bde7e2c3553fc9297.jpg

20240731_071836.jpg

20240731_101408.jpg

20240731_111959.jpg

20240731_121402.jpg

20240731_121613.jpg

20240731_121613.jpg

20240731_125304.jpg

20240731_124505.jpg

20240731_124521.jpg

Thanks for the pictures of one of my favorite places in Iceland.  I hope you indulged in some of the great pastries at the bakery.

57 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Afternoon from the Zuiderdam 

Have just a beautiful sunny day in Isafjador  Iceland 

some pictures I went to Vigor Island. 
excellent excurdion

IMG_0166.jpeg

IMG_0164.jpeg

IMG_0181.jpeg

IMG_0186.jpeg

Charlene, thanks for the pictures of Vigor Island.  

15 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I'll celebrate Love and mutts. I'm sure there are many uncommon instruments (all kinds) I'm unaware of. Great quote. The meal sounds interesting, maybe on the drink, and I've drank 19 crimes wines including the Warden. I haven't been to Stornoway. Interesting about Pilgrim fathers coming from the Netherlands.

It's already 81F, humid, and partly sunny, going up to 91. We had multiple rounds of thunderstorms yesterday. My rain gauge shows almost 2.5"! I was up too late, a combination of watching some Olympic stuff and deciding to make sourdough dough. I used less starter because of the temperature in my house, to try to prevent over proofing during the bulk fermentation. I slept in my bed's zero gravity position, to keep my head elevated, as suggested post-maneuver by an online vestibular therapist. I wasn't able to be in that position before my back surgery. I felt pretty good this AM, so didn't repeat the maneuver. I'll see how I do today. And today is the first shot of the new RA medication, Actemra.

@luvteaching Happy Birthday to your DS!

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for sharing another photo of the cute twins; I'm glad they're doing well. And of Elliott Rose. Excellent photos from Stornoway. 

@marshhawk Hugs to you. Good idea taking a day off next week. Nice photos.

@grapau27 Nice looking lunch in a lovely setting.

@dfish Sorry to hear you're having pain again.

@kazu It's a big day today with the dumpster coming, and I'm glad you have help to put things into it. And wow, that's a huge donation for the charity, that I'm sure is appreciated. You make me want to start back to sorting through my stuff, as soon as I can. Sorry about the nightmares, but your house seems lovely and I'm sure will sell soon.

@Sir PMP Thanks for the map and photos.

@aliaschief I'm glad you're feeling better.

@lindaler Be careful working outside in that heat.

@quilty964 Great photo of DGD and her quilt top.

@Nickelpenny I hope the incision is well healed and the stitches come out today. 

@ger_77 Condolences to DH and you on the loss of your friend. 

@St Pete Cruiser @cunnorl Great photos from your port, especially with the good weather. 

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm glad the maneuver and keeping your head elevated last night helped and you were feeling better today.  I hope the new RA medicine works, and does not have all the side effects of the old one.

1 hour ago, Nickelpenny said:

IMG_81432.thumb.JPG.d570a23ba797c2a4cfea86a5f80ef6bd.JPG

Oh, how did Wednesday creep up!  Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Three good days to recognize and I love the quote.  The salad sounds delicious but not for today, I might like a sip of the drink and I will taste the wine.  I have not been to Scotland.  Very interesting that the Pilgrims started in the Netherlands.

IMG_8149.thumb.JPG.8a8b538c1789a1b4bcdcae1ca123df29.JPG

We are under a wind and dust advisory from noon until 1900 today.  And of course monsoon action but I haven't had any for a couple of days.  Presently it is 82F with 57% humidity with a predicted high in the upper 90s. 

IMG_8150.thumb.JPG.9dfd2b85bf2bc185345d41abfdff8ec6.JPG

My classroom mgmt class was fun; they don't make it too long and it is very interactive.  Plus I get to see people I know.  I have already picked up 12 days to sub for this semester; I prefer to know in advance rather than look in the morning and then go.  I am 🤞 my stitches come out today; they have been in over 5 weeks so hopefully.  And I received an email last night from American that ticked me off - flight change!!  But read it this morning and realized that it was for my second leg coming home after my TA so not too bad.  I still can leave FLL at the time I picked!! 

IMG_8151.thumb.JPG.86636494093ae4dd8e0776ccc02efc4b.JPG

@marshhawk I was sorry to read of your day yesterday.  I hope you can go from here and get the help and support you need.  You are in my thoughts always.

@kazu Sounds like you are making progress!!  One "step" at a time!!

IMG_8157.thumb.JPG.831086f884a97c43f80308993a0a71fe.JPG

Thoughts for all in the world with the fires, wars, disagreements and just plain 'ole turbulance and for the dailyites needing support.  Cheers to those celebrating.  Have a fantastic day everyone!

Pennie, I hope your incision is healed and the stitches can come out today.

15 minutes ago, dfish said:

Ok, I give up understanding this left leg thing.  I went to the gym and used all my machines and it didn't hurt one bit.  Hasn't hurt since.  Let's hope it stays this way.  It is different from the pain I used to have in that leg.  That pain was mostly in the front of the leg above the knee.  This pain doesn't center there.  I am now wondering if the calf pain is from stretching.  If the weight machines help it, then I will have all of those on our cruise.  I will also have the pool and intend to use it.  We have late dinner and 5:00 pm is a good time to use the pool.  No one is around.

We are having the flank steak and chimichurri for dinner tonight.  I'm going to go make the chimichurri now so the flavors have time to blend.

Debbie, I'm glad the gym helped with the leg pain.  Could it be from being able to do more since the ablation, and the leg getting used to more movement?

9 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Today will be our last "cool" day in the 70's and then it will heat up.  Heading for mid-high 80's for a stretch. So back to watering every day -- the rain was good while it lasted.

Interesting collection of days.  I'll celebrate all love, and both dogs I had as a child were mutts.  Good quote, I've been to Scotland but not this port.  Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for the photos of your day there.  I agree it looks like a place where a tour would be advisable.  

I'll pass on the sweet drink and red wine.  I'd like the 2nd recipe (minus the avocado) and 3rd recipe (minus the bread only because both corn and sourdough bread would put my blood sugar over the top).

Today we'll be taking the DGSs to see the latest Minions movie, out to dinner, and spend the evening with them while DD and DSIL are out for the evening.  I'm looking forward to having some quality time with the boys, missed them while they were gone!  Since we won't head down to their house until later this afternoon, I'm taking it easy this morning.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers Thank you for the adorable photos of the twins and Elliott Rose.

Debbie @dfish So glad the pain in your leg is better after going to the gym 🙂 

Karen @quilty964 Darling photo of your DGD.

Karen @luvteaching Happy Birthday to your DS!

Carolyn, have fun with the DGS today.

Lenda

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

@ger_77I am sorry to read that your DH lost a good friend last night.  It really takes a toll on you when you lose a friend.  An empty space in your circle, one less hand to hold out to.  Give him a hug from me, and sleep does help. 

Hug, 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Let's all head  over to Jacqui's house and help her pack up!   Don't you wish we could?  But we'd probably end up chatting the whole day and getting very little done...   Today we are going to the mall and Pat will walk over to the lab to get his bloodwork done for the cardiologist (Monday he had bloodwork done for the urologist - but the order from the cardiologist didn't get there in time.)  I can do some window shopping while he losing blood, then we'll have lunch at Timmie's and I have a stamp club meeting at 1.  So I'd better get cracking.  

What beautiful twins!  Hard to believe they are so new, they look so well-developed, and I hope their big sister loves them to bits.  Gerry, I'm sorry you have lost a friend.  Condolences.  And Annie, I say a little prayer for you and Chuck often during the day.   

I'll get back later.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good Afternoon Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today has been muggy with a few downpours.  Weekend chores wore me out, I washed half the house and cleaned the sludge off of the fence around the yard.  It really needed to be done and looks so much better now.

I got a reminder today that three years ago we started our first cruise since the restart on the NA.  It was certainly nice to return to HAL.

20210731_121250.thumb.jpeg.d72b16425a3ac2d9536caeae196ea06d.jpeg

20210731_155850.thumb.jpeg.cbff463d7b2a90529106a8cc3f159ffb.jpeg

20210731_154352.thumb.jpeg.bb470dab3da530fcea2f1aed799106f5.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2