Move Up Timing

Hi, we are on Summit in November, about 86 days out, and are trying to figure out when they open the Move Up bidding for upgrades?  We emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they said they havent opened November yet, but didnt indicate if and when they would.

I did check to see if they were sold out and there are plenty of cabins above ours still available. 

Any ideas on when they may open bidding? I thought on other lines we had the ability after the final payment was due.

Thanks

23 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Hi, we are on Summit in November, about 86 days out, and are trying to figure out when they open the Move Up bidding for upgrades?  We emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they said they havent opened November yet, but didnt indicate if and when they would.

I did check to see if they were sold out and there are plenty of cabins above ours still available. 

Any ideas on when they may open bidding? I thought on other lines we had the ability after the final payment was due.

Thanks

More like 45-30 days out. 

Clearly it is not based on a set timing and is likely specific sailing dependent, and probably related to a category booking pace algorithm. It may also have something to do with it being a third party program not directly managed by Celebrity.

Hello

I normally get a Moveup email anything up 85 days before sailing although I didn't get one for my Apex sailing on 27/8/23 but when I logged into my account on 2/6/24 the upgrade your stateroom option was there - 85 days before I was due to sail. I really don't think theres any set pattern to it.

Enjoy your cruise!

It really varies all over the place.   I've seen them open upgrade bidding at 90 days and have seen less than 30.   No rhyme or reason.     When they open up really has no bearing on whether you will be awarded an upgrade.   When they have lots of cabins available they often start awarding early so they can re-market the lower priced cabins.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, and we just upgraded on our own although it may have paid off waiting because none of the royal suites have been booked yet which i thought was odd given we are about 80 days out.  I guess ill bid on the penthouse suites given they are all also open. 

Also, you can upgrade online in your reservation which i thought was pretty cool.  I didnt think i had the option on other lines.  Im sure thats not news to anyone here, but i thought it was a neat feature.

Thanks again for the info.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well, we are 4 days from sailing and our offer still shows "pending". Not holding my breath!

We weren't either and was surprised when we got the email. First time that's happened for us.

I started this tread and still havent gotten an upgrade email, 80 days out, which seems odd to me given our cruise is nowhere close to being sold out.  We upgraded our cabin to a royal suite and the one we booked is the only one sold to date. I checked other categories and there are a ton of open cabins.  Shocked they arent trying to get some people to bid on these open cabins. 

We sail in 13 days and I got an upgrade email today, the third one. As far as I can tell the sailing is sold out. The problem with an upgrade is that you are now basically booking a guarantee which I don't care for. We are happy with the cabin that we booked and paid for.

On 8/6/2024 at 12:36 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

Clearly it is not based on a set timing and is likely specific sailing dependent, and probably related to a category booking pace algorithm. It may also have something to do with it being a third party program not directly managed by Celebrity.

I agree. I never received a letter and I booked 30 days before final payment. I was able to bid immediately through the cruise planner. I am 47 days out now and they are offering a 50% discount on the bids. I have never seen anyone report this before and I have never experienced it myself. In the past it always would cost me more to up bid than if I would have just booked the category in the first place.

5 hours ago, 20165 said:

I started this tread and still havent gotten an upgrade email, 80 days out, which seems odd to me given our cruise is nowhere close to being sold out.  We upgraded our cabin to a royal suite and the one we booked is the only one sold to date. I checked other categories and there are a ton of open cabins.  Shocked they arent trying to get some people to bid on these open cabins. 

To be honest 80 days out would be normally be too far out to open the Upgrade Bidding.   Usually it is closer to the 30-45 day window.    Even then upgrades will probably not begin being made until 15-21 days prior to sailing.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2024 at 11:46 AM, 20165 said:

There was another mention of this on a different thread.  Our cruise is approx 85 days out;  no mail but I put in a bid using Plan My Cruise, scrolling down to 'Move Up'.  May only be for ours but....there aren't that many cabins available in any category and some are sold out (they say) so the theory it may depend on an undersold cruise isn't viable in our case.  See thread below, post #8.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3025566-silhouette-moveup/

Edited by Oceangoer2

I haven't received an email or notification through the APP for a move up offer. However when I go to manage my cruise  and scroll down to upgrade it allows me to bid. I'm at 29 days out but I was able to bid at 90 days. They have been offering 50% off to upgrade for a while now.

I was able to do a MoveUp 90 days out from embarkation.  However, once I changed from an X to a real cabin, my bids were all erased and my new bids started higher, even though I did have to pay more for this cruise.  The powers that be a very confused about awarding points/prices for a certain type of cabin due to all the IV’s on E-class.  This particular cabin has become very popular due to having a real balcony.  Supply and Demand is always at play in our lives, as well as, opportunity cost.  I did resubmit my bids, but recently canceled one due to location of available cabins/suites.  

Edited by Lastdance