The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday August 16th, 2024

richwmn

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'll salute the Airborne. The local amusement park, Kennywood, has two of the oldest wooden rollercoasters, the Jack Rabbit from 1920 and the Thunderbolt from 1924. I used to love riding rollercoasters. I like rum in tropical drinks. I agree with the quote. I'll pass on the meal (pesto), love the drink and pass on the wine only due to price. I have been to Portugal, but not Porto. 2 good days in history.

It's hot, cloudy, sprinkling and humid. Perhaps bigger storms later. I'm jumping in here between things. I didn't do the vertigo exercises this AM, since last night it produced no symptoms. I feel pretty good (knock wood). I'm just back from PT and then the pharmacy. I did some extra work on the steps there, and my leg muscles are fatigued. I have to leave soon to meet BFF, and we'll go to the TA with friends to plan a 2025 Alaska cruise. I think then probably out to eat after. I hope I don't get caught in bad weather.

@StLouisCruisers Prayers for your twin sister as she has surgery today. Safe travels for DS and DDIL. Great photos from Porto,

@marshhawk I hope the appointment went well. 

@summer slope Good news on the post-op vision improvement.

@kazu You're going through a lot this week. The upside is hopefully there will be lots of bidding on the house. Pretty hydrangeas. Nice Porto photos, and a nice one of you and Jose.

@St Pete Cruiser Wow, fabulous iceberg scenery! And the glacier. You were blessed with great weather.

@Haljo1935 Welcome home. I'm glad you got some help on that long walk, with your bad knee.

@aliaschief I have one like that in my basement, same color, and it keeps chugging along.

@ottahand7 Thanks for the Leixos photos.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Excellent photos of Leixos and Porto. 

@smitty34877 I too enjoyed watching "Masters of the Air". I'm glad to hear that DS and a DGC are arriving today; you need a bit of down time.

@irishjim Thanks, and nice to see you posting.

@bennybear Great photos.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those Celebrating.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 6

3 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I'll salute the Airborne. The local amusement park, Kennywood, has two of the oldest wooden rollercoasters, the Jack Rabbit from 1920 and the Thunderbolt from 1924. I used to love riding rollercoasters. I like rum in tropical drinks. I agree with the quote. I'll pass on the meal (pesto), love the drink and pass on the wine only due to price. I have been to Portugal, but not Porto. 2 good days in history.

It's hot, cloudy, sprinkling and humid. Perhaps bigger storms later. I'm jumping in here between things. I didn't do the vertigo exercises this AM, since last night it produced no symptoms. I feel pretty good (knock wood). I'm just back from PT and then the pharmacy. I did some extra work on the steps there, and my leg muscles are fatigued. I have to leave soon to meet BFF, and we'll go to the TA with friends to plan a 2025 Alaska cruise. I think then probably out to eat after. I hope I don't get caught in bad weather.

@StLouisCruisers Prayers for your twin sister as she has surgery today. Safe travels for DS and DDIL. Great photos from Porto,

@kazu You're going through a lot this week. The upside is hopefully there will be lots of bidding on the house. Pretty hydrangeas. Nice Porto photos, and a nice one of you and Jose.

@St Pete Cruiser Wow, fabulous iceberg scenery! And the glacier. You were blessed with great weather.

@Haljo1935 Welcome home. I'm glad you got some help on that long walk, with your bad knee.

@aliaschief I have one like that in my basement, same color, and it keeps chugging along.

@smitty34877 I too enjoyed watching "Masters of the Air". I'm glad to hear that DS and a DGC are arriving today; you need a bit of down time.

@bennybear Great photos.

Definitely let us know what you decide on Alaska, it's my favorite market, going on at least 2 Alaska trips next year, the one you know about, I'm about to book another but undecided, the number of ships and variety is larger than ever!

• Like 12

Cooperstown is full of restaurants but because the biggest attraction is the Baseball Hall of Fame, many have menus pitched to Little Leaguers. The others are quite good.

Today I had lunch at one where the food is good but what is best is the setting. Most seating is on a porch overlooking Otsego Lake and on nice days there is also waterside seating, with ducks a few feet away.

But my room also has a view. Many guests would dislike it, because it's nearest the state highway; it's my favorite because of the small private patio.

PXL_20240816_190313030.thumb.jpg.4a00cfeedf47a2547274cf91983d08dc.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Cooperstown is full of restaurants but because the biggest attraction is the Baseball Hall of Fame, many have menus pitched to Little Leaguers. The others are quite good.

Today I had lunch at one where the food is good but what is best is the setting. Most seating is on a porch overlooking Otsego Lake and on nice days there is also waterside seating, with ducks a few feet away.

But my room also has a view. Many guests would dislike it, because it's nearest the state highway; it's my favorite because of the small private patio.

PXL_20240816_190313030.thumb.jpg.4a00cfeedf47a2547274cf91983d08dc.jpg

While the Baseball Hall of Fame is great I've always been more attracted to the Farmers Museum.

Roy

• Like 16

Good afternoon, we just had a storm pass through, hoping  for no more!  The meal sounds good, but I think our tomatoes are about done.  Haven't been on a Rollercoaster in a long time.  Back in the day, our community had a park with lots of rides, several Rollercoasters.  Lots of work picnics were held there.  Families from. Milwaukee would come for the day.  It was called dandelion Park.  Next weekend is our community festival, Dandelion Days!  

The port pictures today look very nice.  Good thoughts going  out for everyone who needs them.  Have a good weekend.  K

• Like 21

I'm back safe and sound.  Ok the reason I didn't like her old nurse was that before she tried to stick a needle in my arm, she said" I'm very good with needles, I used to be a drug addict".  It sounded very strange to me, and she was terrible with that needle, didn't pay attention to how many tubes to fill and had to come back and ask me if she could do it again.  I suggested since she had bruised the crook of my arm, that she take it from my hand.  She said she wasn't trained in that, so I said no more taking of blood, and got up and left.

Todays nurse was wonderful, sort of, it hurt, but she let me talk about the kittens which makes me happy.  The doc is always friendly,. told me blood pressure was good, get back in the habit of taking the metformin after lunch AND after dinner, told her that a good friend on CC had helped me get the Januvia from MX, and she asked how much it was, and how much it was in the USA, and she almost fell out of her chair. 573 a month!  Now she knows why patients are not  getting it even though she is prescribing it.  I see that the Biden plan will lower it to under 200 a month, but really, ???  

I only gained 2 pounds, but she says she is not worried, because in another 2 months, I will be back down 2 pounds. I did tell her about the ice cream addiction. 🙀   All is good.😸

• Like 24

8 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

While the Baseball Hall of Fame is great I've always been more attracted to the Farmers Museum.

Roy

I really like the Farmers Museum, too. 

• Like 12

38 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

@bennybear Great photos.

Vanessa, I'm glad you are doing better today.  I hope you make it home before the storms.  

9 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I'm back safe and sound.  Ok the reason I didn't like her old nurse was that before she tried to stick a needle in my arm, she said" I'm very good with needles, I used to be a drug addict".  It sounded very strange to me, and she was terrible with that needle, didn't pay attention to how many tubes to fill and had to come back and ask me if she could do it again.  I suggested since she had bruised the crook of my arm, that she take it from my hand.  She said she wasn't trained in that, so I said no more taking of blood, and got up and left.

Todays nurse was wonderful, sort of, it hurt, but she let me talk about the kittens which makes me happy.  The doc is always friendly,. told me blood pressure was good, get back in the habit of taking the metformin after lunch AND after dinner, told her that a good friend on CC had helped me get the Januvia from MX, and she asked how much it was, and how much it was in the USA, and she almost fell out of her chair. 573 a month!  Now she knows why patients are not  getting it even though she is prescribing it.  I see that the Biden plan will lower it to under 200 a month, but really, ???  

I only gained 2 pounds, but she says she is not worried, because in another 2 months, I will be back down 2 pounds. I did tell her about the ice cream addiction. 🙀   All is good.😸

Annie, I'm glad all went well at the endocrinologist today, and that the new nurse was much better drawing the blood.  It's good the doctor was pleased with how you are doing.  I'm glad someone was able to help you get your medicine at a better price in Mexico.  Most doctors don't realize how much some of the new drugs cost.  We were fortunate a couple of years ago, when DH was prescribed a new drug which was $527 for 30 days, and his PCP put him on an older one which was just as good, and much, much cheaper.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

@MISTER 67

I was born and raised in Algonquin, IL on the Fox River. My grandparents lived in Chicago. My dad would drop me off at the train station when I was 10/11/12 and my grandparents picked me up. I loved staying with them. I learned so many things from them. How to fry chicken, make chicken liver or duck liver (foie gras) all Bohemian recipes. Grampa taught me how to load his pipe and light it..Loved every minute.

We would be at Riverview all summer. I loved the parachute. As I recall, there weren't many on that ride? Loved the Bob's and Tiltawhirl. 

My grandfather would take me to Riverview and I had my time frame to report back to him for our lunch. Did you know you could go to one of the kiosks and bet on horses? That's where he was while I was running around Riverview. 

When I was 13, I think.. Riverview closed for a controversial reason. So sad.

My grandparents bought a small home later in Algonquin and they would take me to Santa's Village in Dundee. Remember that?

• Like 18

@marshhawk as a caution - I have always heard that if you see a nocturnal animal out in the daytime - especially if they are acting strange - like maybe not eating … beware as they are probably ill - think rabid. I may be wrong. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

10 hours ago, richwmn said:

Today is National Airborne Day, National Rollercoaster Day, and National Rum Day

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.--Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

Meal Suggestion for today - Grilled Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs
Drink of the Day - Bahama Mama
Wine of the Day - Lynch Bages 2020 (750ML)
Destination of the Day - Leixoes (Porto), Portugal

Today in History:
1896 Gold first discovered in Klondike, found at Bonanza Creek in the Yukon, Canada by George Carmack
1954 First Issue of Sports Illustrated Hits the Newsstands

Ship Locations

Eurodam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Explorer

Victoria, British Columbia 2000-2359

Koningsdam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage

At Sea Destination Vancouver, Canada eta 08-17

Nieuw Amsterdam --- 7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Nieuw Statendam --- 21 days, round-trip Ultimate Viking Explorer

At Sea Destination Nanortalik, Greenland eta 08-18

Noordam --- 7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Whittier

Ketchikan, Alaska 1100-1900

Oosterdam --- 21 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Piraeus-Athens

Rhodes, Greece -ovn--1600

Rotterdam --- 14 days, round-trip Britain, Scotland Ireland

Zeebrugge (Bruges), Belgium 0800-1700

Volendam --- 24 days, round-trip Canada, New England Iceland

St Pierre et Miquelon 0800-1700

Westerdam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Explorer

Ketchikan, Alaska 0700-1300

Zaandam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage

Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm, Alaska Juneau, Alaska 1000-1030 1330-2200

Zuiderdam --- 35 days, round-trip Voyage Of The Vikings

At Sea Destination Qaqortoq, Greenland eta 08-17

0816aAlaska.thumb.png.6019a6c678ef7581af298c97b457a291.png

0816Atlantic.thumb.png.7da82aff8111d6b9eddca386f950cfca.png

Rich,

Just want to say your new format is awesome. Thanks!

• Like 15

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@MISTER 67

I was born and raised in Algonquin, IL on the Fox River. My grandparents lived in Chicago. My dad would drop me off at the train station when I was 10/11/12 and my grandparents picked me up. I loved staying with them. I learned so many things from them. How to fry chicken, make chicken liver or duck liver (foie gras) all Bohemian recipes. Grampa taught me how to load his pipe and light it..Loved every minute.

We would be at Riverview all summer. I loved the parachute. As I recall, there weren't many on that ride? Loved the Bob's and Tiltawhirl. 

My grandfather would take me to Riverview and I had my time frame to report back to him for our lunch. Did you know you could go to one of the kiosks and bet on horses? That's where he was while I was running around Riverview. 

When I was 13, I think.. Riverview closed for a controversial reason. So sad.

My grandparents bought a small home later in Algonquin and they would take me to Santa's Village in Dundee. Remember that?

Yep Riverview closed in 1967 and even though I was in the USAF at the time I had heard the main reason it closed.

Yes, I remember Santa’s Village, when we first moved from the city to Bloomingale in 1972 we were walking distance from Adventureland.

I never heard about betting on the nags at Riverview even though I had an uncle who was a bookle.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

Had to leave early for golf this AM so here’s the first Sports Illustrated, I was correct, that is Hall of Famer Eddie Matthews at bat at Milwaukee County Stadium.

IMG_0047.thumb.jpeg.bbe8235ab75f742039f4837163cbca3e.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

Quick update. My son Tony was seen by a Primary Care Provider yesterday and he liked the Dr. Tony has qualified for Arizona Healthcare and now has a policy in effect. Tony's auto insurance carrier has denied medical payments coverage as not connected to the accident. The insurance has made a very fair offer on his car. Needless to say Tony is feeling better, not well by a long shot but better. He still is having problems getting up and down and with walking but these are the issues that caused him to lose his job and will probably take a long time to resolve.

I am feeling greatly relieved with the way things are going.

Jane

• Like 11
  • Thanks 14

Posted (edited)

Hi all, well I heard from twin sis and she is home now, still numb from her block.  She has pain medication to take when needed but will try to stay ahead of it.  She can't move her left arm for three weeks which she says will be really hard.  She has a DH to help her out so I hope he makes her listen to the doctor's instructions on not doing anything.  Hopefully she will heal well and be back to her old self very soon.  Thanks everyone for your good wishes for her.

Jacqui @kazu your hydrangeas are really lovely!  Thanks for sharing with the Garden Club!

Vanessa @JazzyV I'm glad you didn't have the vertigo problems last night and today.  Nice you get to book an Alaska cruise for next year. Enjoy your evening!

Annie @marshhawk sounds like a much better visit than last time.  I hope you continue on a good path, and don't worry...many of us have an ice cream addiction like you do. 😉

Bruno @atexsix yes Busch Gardens Tampa is still open.  I have never been to it.  Busch Gardens Williamsburg consistently won annual awards for the most beautiful amusement park.  When he worked next door to it at the brewery DH was given a dozen free tickets a year for us, family and friends to use.  It was always a big hit.  I loved the stable you could walk through to see the gorgeous Clydesdales in their stalls.  

Jane @lazey1 good to hear Tony is doing better and is going on Arizona insurance.  I hope things continue to improve now.  Don't forget to take care of yourself while you're helping him.  

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, atexsix said:

I've been to Busch Gardens in Tampa, is that place even still there?  Haven't heard it mentioned in years.  Because of stroke history I have to be careful of any activity that could cause a spike in blood pressure, otherwise I might, MIGHT, give them a try.  And I don't mean these crazy contraptions they have of people standing up or hanging below the tracks.  It would have to be something pretty tame and a little more traditional, like Thunder Mountain at Disney World. 

Yes, Busch Gardens is alive and well.

• Like 14

Posted (edited)

@TiogaCruiser the black capes must have been for a graduation.  We arrived on the plaza in front of the cathedral and the young people with black capes appeared from every direction until there were almost 50.  To be discreet I only got those on the church stairs.   They were quite striking.  We left before they did.  

@StLouisCruisers happy to read your DS surgery went well.  I hope she can stay on top of the pain. 

@marshhawk sounds like a successful visit to the endocrinologist.  Unless the cap on drug prices loses in court it should happen.  This year I had a cap on my out of pocket for meds was $3500 which I hit in May.  Boy was that a shocker.  Next year it will be $2000. I take Enbrel which is also on of the 10 negotiated drugs.  Instead of $42,000 without insurance it will be $2000 for those on Medicare.  

@kazubeautiful hydrangeas!  

We had a lot of rain but we had a couple hours of sunlight so no worry that the generator will start up tonight.  

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5

@marshhawk I just wanted to mention something I read.  Some ice cream has carrageenan in it and I read it cause stomach upset.   Apparently Ben and Jerry’s doesn’t contain it.  FWIW🤔

Visit  to oral surgeon went well,  he plans to do bone graft at the same time as the extraction.  Now for a cancellation otherwise it’s October.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hi all!  DM went home this morning. I saw a message last night that the A/C was working but it was too late to pack her up and take her then. I’m sure she is as happy as we are that she’s back home. I felt like I had to keep her company the entire time she was here. 

Debbie @dfish, the recipes today are keepers!  I’m thinking about making recipe 3 with the burrata. My basil is overflowing!  I planted 2 plants and two extra plants popped up and I see another one starting. I lost the rosemary and oregano due to the heat (or maybe too much rain?) so I’m going to replant those when the weather isn’t so hot. 

Have a good evening everyone!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 16

@lazey1 Good news about Tony!  I'm glad he's doing better and now has insurance. 

@StLouisCruisers It sounds like your DTS came through surgery in good shape.  I hope her recovery goes well and is swift.

@kazu I am envious of your hydrangeas.  I tried growing them in Ohio and they all died on me. 

@marshhawk I'm glad things went well at your endo appointment.

Farkle was fun tonight.  DN Liz and her DH Joe came and brought baby Addie.  We had fun passing the baby around the table. I don't know how much Addie liked it, but we sure did. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
It is quite late already but thought to do some more practising copying and pasting on my new computer , which is so different from my 12 year old iMac that I am scrapping . So I have to learn a lot of new things .

I am not a phone person , I have even been told that I am a dinosaur because I have no cell phone ..............................than this happened ! I was sitting behind the computer fiddling around and updating my "contacts list on the new Mac , the phone rang and the voice on the other end said " Tony " ,,, I knew right away who it was, Pat !  Just out of the blue I received a call from our amazing friends Ann and Pat @Vict0riann which completely took me by surprise . We have been I believe on about 10 fantastic HAL cruises together  and not just these one or two week ones , done a lot of independent touring together , enjoyed a lot of meals  in each others company and shared a lot of stories , so it was wonderful to hear a very familiar voice on the other end when Pat said " Tony " ....... I almost fell of my chair ...............so Martha and I had a lovely talk with Ann and Pat . What a wonderful surprise !  They made our day ! 

From August 30, 2019 on the Prinsendam with other CC'rs and quite a few cruise friends .
I will try not to duplicate too many pictures of Porto when we were on a great tour with Pirates of the Cruise Ships

DSCN9435.thumb.JPG.c0563a6d99c48ebb6e31015d6659034c.JPG

IMG_6473.thumb.JPG.c6d53566f250bc31bfd0febd73fe6083.JPG

120204746_DSCN94402.thumb.JPG.3af93597d562f7cfc3042fbf5ee3f4c0.JPG

DSCN9453.thumb.jpg.c28c7694d25cb3365ca759dde7f49d54.jpg

DSCN9457.thumb.jpg.82f808224ed2c4f2471b24603d7e0b3f.jpg

Just one more of the beautiful tile work at the trainstation ......

DSCN9471.thumb.JPG.2878125486cd9515c4eda8980c28adf2.JPG

DSCN9509.thumb.JPG.ad3ea49abf6f1728bc8c4962cd238a56.JPG

DSCN9494.thumb.JPG.54e1d97989f8919127294d207e7dcc27.JPG

The well hidden very old Jewish Quarters 

DSCN9513.thumb.jpg.7e2c83f01ad054082d9a7c9b27494454.jpg

DSCN9515.thumb.jpg.f1118dbddf3496cdd3de75d8fedb1e8a.jpg

The bridge seen from the top near the cloister .

DSCN9526.thumb.jpg.0dda1f0a6e9cfb9274bfd79eb59201c6.jpg

DSCN9517.thumb.JPG.70b6e0ab52b7a57b1d96a20002d8bb53.JPG

Time for a glass of Real Port and a snack with "Bear " 
DSCN9521.thumb.jpg.d61a040fbe3799b3d07e7364196de7dc.jpg

DSCN9530.thumb.JPG.e849109569b01d15844ab115cde559d7.JPG

DSCN9536.thumb.JPG.fac5cacdfb78ce9712825777f2f9cfe1.JPG

Guide Bruno and the ladies .......he was quite the charmer ! 

DSCN9538.thumb.JPG.06ab729602f217c8baa9abf62eb73949.JPG

Later that evening a wonderful Rudy’s dinner at the Pinnacle to finish another perfect day ! 

1025741011_DSCN95392.thumb.JPG.0e50d6b747edc9dd469d26a3230f4ae4.JPG

DSCN9542.thumb.jpg.2c37cff4abb186d89436da325f3abfe2.jpg

DSCN9543.thumb.JPG.14c8b15a0cf085e78bf6fc1eae70664d.JPG

DSCN9545.thumb.JPG.006588fc80c315ec13d501a11de29dd2.JPG

Tony 😍😍
Edited by sailingdutchy
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3

@arzz I did think about a rabid raccoon, but I think if he had been he would have hissed at me and not run off.  He didnt hiss, he did run off, and we have had no rain whatsoever, could be he was looking for water, and didnt realize it was invisible in a metal cat bowl. It did just rain here, and I saw him again, but tonight I have the cat on the porch locked up with water, food and a litter box.  He is safe.  Now I'm hearing the rumble of thunder, but it rained for a good 10 minutes.

@bennybearI dont get tummy issues if the ice cream in Haagen Dazs, but it was Brewsters, they say they make it fresh every day, but it's twice now that I have had issues after eating it.  So now I really have to stock up on ice cream, as that is DH's favorite food.  I had been using the excuse of Brewsters to get him out of the house.  (it works)   Oddly enough it's their plain flavors that get to me, like vanilla or coffee.  I had no problem with chocolate peanut butter with buckeyes.  The buckeyes turned out to be miniature Reese's cups.  They are so cute.🐱

@dfishAt the end of the conversation with the doc, she reminded me that I have to get tested once a year for that tumor on the adrenal gland.  gee so glad she reminded me....I told her my back was hurting on the left side.  Oh, yes, you need to be tested again.....Wonder what would have happened if I hadn't said anything. She also told me that the staff was dropping like flies.  Not dying, but leaving.  This is the office where the shooting was last May, and they still have a cop outside their doors.  I tried to reach my primary two weeks ago to get a referral for a mammogram (really?) and no one has answered, turns out she doesn't have a staff anymore.

@lazey1I think you can start unstressing now, things look like they may be going in the right direction for your son.  I was glad to read that!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to mention this affernoon that I was doing my happy dance.  The watch we sent off to be repaired came back today.  Not only is it working again, but it looks like new.  One of the watches we took to the jewelry store in Fort Worth is ready, but the other isn't back yet.

5 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Quick update. My son Tony was seen by a Primary Care Provider yesterday and he liked the Dr. Tony has qualified for Arizona Healthcare and now has a policy in effect. Tony's auto insurance carrier has denied medical payments coverage as not connected to the accident. The insurance has made a very fair offer on his car. Needless to say Tony is feeling better, not well by a long shot but better. He still is having problems getting up and down and with walking but these are the issues that caused him to lose his job and will probably take a long time to resolve.

I am feeling greatly relieved with the way things are going.

Jane

Jane, it was good to read things are looking better for your DS and for you.

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hi all, well I heard from twin sis and she is home now, still numb from her block.  She has pain medication to take when needed but will try to stay ahead of it.  She can't move her left arm for three weeks which she says will be really hard.  She has a DH to help her out so I hope he makes her listen to the doctor's instructions on not doing anything.  Hopefully she will heal well and be back to her old self very soon.  Thanks everyone for your good wishes for her.

Jacqui @kazu your hydrangeas are really lovely!  Thanks for sharing with the Garden Club!

Vanessa @JazzyV I'm glad you didn't have the vertigo problems last night and today.  Nice you get to book an Alaska cruise for next year. Enjoy your evening!

Annie @marshhawk sounds like a much better visit than last time.  I hope you continue on a good path, and don't worry...many of us have an ice cream addiction like you do. 😉

Bruno @atexsix yes Busch Gardens Tampa is still open.  I have never been to it.  Busch Gardens Williamsburg consistently won annual awards for the most beautiful amusement park.  When he worked next door to it at the brewery DH was given a dozen free tickets a year for us, family and friends to use.  It was always a big hit.  I loved the stable you could walk through to see the gorgeous Clydesdales in their stalls.  

Jane @lazey1 good to hear Tony is doing better and is going on Arizona insurance.  I hope things continue to improve now.  Don't forget to take care of yourself while you're helping him.  

Sandi, I'm glad your twin's surgery went well.  I hope her recovery goes well too.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1