The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 21st, 2024

richwmn

Posted (edited)

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  Too much coffee, worked too late, and then I could not sleep.  It helps when there is a snuggling cat, but Furnan do climbed on my head, and then bit me, and started to bite and pull my hair out, I popped him twice and he moved on.  What are these cats thinking?  Finally at about 2 am, a small kitten (Quiffy) wrapped herself around my ankle and I finally fell asleep, but DH got up early looking for his pain meds, so 5 hours sleep, and an 8 hour work day ahead. I did have two sales yesterday, and one sale on Monday, so at least I am redeeming myself.

Off to check Munchie's litter box, walk the dog, and start working.  

10-Minion-Quotes-About-Work-6034-4.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.c36e9a528452e416f60151842009287f.jpeg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Good morning Dailyites 

Bonnie and my DN's got home at 10:30 last night. She and my niece will sleep in recliners for a few days. Surgery went well. Plastic surgeon couldn't put in the expander because her skin is super thin. Thank you for your prayers and support.

Prayers lifted for our Daily friends here. Sandi, I hope your twin is feeling better. Tana: stay feisty and eat! Darn it Jacqui, can you catch a break! I'm so sorry your under so much stress and then your foot! Jeez..

I received an email from Luggage Forward this morning changing our pick up time. I think I'll just take them to our UPS store when I go to the market today and be done. There's several things to throw in there before I lock it, but it's less worry.

@dfish I think I would enjoy any of the 3 dishes today. Eva will do a great job while you are away. I promise we won't starve.

Wishing Debbie, Sharon, Sue, Jake and (Juan?) A Bon Voyage! Have a wonderful cruise! Send pictures please!

I will catch up later.  Wishing you a bundle of blessings today! I for one, am thankful for this day.

Edited by Seasick Sailor
Add
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It is another cool start to the day and really welcome. I will salute the days and give my spumoni away. I have not been to Korea and I like anything with pesto. I am glad that Mr Burroughs invented the adding machine as it was helpful for people like me!

@Seasick Sailor, Joy, I am happy to read that Bonnie is home and hope her recovery proceeds well. It certainly was a long day.

Safe travels to those heading to Boston today and tomorrow for their cruise!

@cat shepard, Ann, Tana had a good laugh when I read your post to her and said she is only moderately feisty today. I think she does very well keeping her spirits up in a tough situation. I guess I will find out what moderately feisty means!

Enjoy the day everyone.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  It was 49F when I got up this morning...brr!  Forecast is for low 70's again.  The salad sounds good, maybe the drink might be good.  It's a quiet day here. DGD is coming over later to sew.  They have 1.5 weeks of summer vacation left.  Mom is ready for school to start!  Our church school started yesterday!  It sounded like they had a good day.  We ordered a new dishwasher yesterday.  Hoping this one is better, the racks rusted and the wheels broke off. It was only 8 years old.  Got a Bosch, we will see!  

Hoping all of the kitties are ok today.

Prayers for all who had or are recuperating from surgery.

@kazuSorry to hear the Dr. visit was disappointing yesterday.  You sure have enough on your hands without that worry.  Good to hear Ivan was waiting for you to let him in.  

Have a great day, and thanks for all of the caring and sharing here!  karen

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We should remember victims of terrorism; they will never forget it.  Not sure what internet self care is, but maybe it's coming here to the FR&D to get some positive vibes from friends.  My mom used to love spumoni ice cream - I always spat out the fruit.  The quote made me chuckle.

Another smoky morning out there for us today - the skies are hazy and there's a heavy smell of smoke in the air.  It was interesting yesterday as DH said when he was a child, he never experienced smoke like this, and yet there had to have been forest fires.  It was hot (for us) yesterday as we reached 34C(93), which made us happy that we had a/c to cool off the house.  Today it's going to be more comfortable with a predicted high of 29(84), but still won't be great to spend time outdoors with all that smoke.

@kazuI'm sorry your medical follow-up yesterday was a disappointment; having to wait 3 weeks for a plan isn't fair!  SO glad Ivan knows where he lives and who loves him that he ended up at the front waiting for you to let him in.  Boo on whoever left the back gate open.

@Seasick SailorI'm glad Bonnie's surgery went well; hopefully she has an easy recovery.

Sending prayers for the kitties @Haljo1935 and @marshhawk.

This morning we're off to the cardiac rehab program, then have to stop by Home Depot or the like and pick up a new kitchen faucet.  Last evening DH said there was water on the kitchen floor - initially I thought something had spilled, but after wiping it up, it had returned.  After checking a couple of different things, I realized it was coming from under the sink and the sprayer hose that attaches to the faucet head is leaking like crazy.   Hopefully DSIL will be able to come over to replace it this evening.

I've written down the drink of the day for research purposes, would like the wine, but the price is out of my budget, and think the meal of the day would be a good side dish.  We're going to have an early dinner today because our friend's grandchildren are coming in for a concert, so will do something simple like salmon, salad and garlic roast potatoes on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Mine would likely be Cardboard "O" positive.

No photo description available.

Sending prayers to all who need them, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

It is cold out this morning.  Overnight temps got down into the 40s.  The good news is that we will have a nice sunny day and temps in the mid 70s by this afternoon.  It is a busy day today.  I have a follow up appointment from my nerve ablation this morning and then a haircut followed by a pedicure.  Haircut and pedicure are all at the same place.

Sue cleaned my teeth last night. She said she was not seeing what the hygienist at the dental office was talking about.  I had picked up a dental kit and was scraping away, but couldn't see what I was doing.  She said I did a decent job.  I have a follow up with the dentist when we get back from our cruise and will voice my displeasure then.  I suspect he was trying to get his production numbers up to make bonus for the month.  

Today's meal looks really good to me, but the carbs are not my friend.  I like pesto and would enjoy the dish.  You can really use whatever veggies you prefer.  If @RedneckBob was coming to dinner I would be sure to add in brussels sprouts.  Veggie Pesto Pasta

veggiepestopasta1.thumb.jpg.555f8ab28be2ba999bf258a4d24f9bd3.jpg

This one uses walnuts in the pesto instead of pine nuts.  The seasoning on the veggies sounds good, too!  Pesto Veggie Pasta

veggiepestopasta2.thumb.jpg.72e8875d70774b8686e83a8542cfcd47.jpg

This last recipe has a traditional pesto sauce and roasts the veggies rather than blanching or sauteing them.  Roasted veggies are the best!   Roasted Veggie Pesto Pasta

veggiepestopasta3.thumb.jpg.9f1af42167d8fd16064b117d4d4beeb7.jpg

Tomorrow I will be heading to the airport, but @superoma Eva will be stepping in for me.  You will be in capable hands and no one will starve!   

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Please, no BS today! 😀

• Like 8
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Getting ready to head to airport. Flight time changes so already off to new schedules. Have a great day and I’ll catch up later. B.

image.thumb.jpeg.eb14e9ecfcc993556de5e0f3f6d84f07.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.52f12a06ae313bd82d1fe519c1f6bbd5.jpeg

See, I learned it from my grandma! 

• Like 10
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Toyko Tea cocktail:

The Tokyo Tea is a twist on the famous (some would say notorious) Long Island Iced Tea. The Tokyo version isn’t named for where it was invented; rather, the drink is distinguished from its American cousin by its signature green color, which is delivered courtesy of melon liqueur.

Ingredients:

1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz. Melon liqueur
1/2 oz. rum
1/2 oz. tequila
1/2 oz. triple sec
1/2 oz. vodka
1 oz. sweet and sour mix
1 splash club soda
Garnish: Lemon Wheat, Maraschino Cherry

Directions:

Add gin, melon liqueur, rum, tequila, triple sec, vodka and sweet-and-sour mix into a highball glass with ice and stir to combine.
Top with the club soda.
Garnish with a lemon wheel and maraschino cherry.
*Sweet-and-sour mix: Mix 1 part sugar with 1 part water. Add fresh lime juice to taste.

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 6.59.34 AM.png

I never get drunk drinking Tokyo Tea. I use chop sticks!

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

Good morning to all.

Short and sweet today.

Another busy day.  DH has an eye doctor appointment (routine) so I have to get moving.

Sorry there is no post from @MISTER 67.  I was hoping he would see our messages urging him to reconsider.

Hope everyone has a good day.

More later when I have more time.

Terri

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from a sunny and breezy central Texas.  I'm a bit late today, since I slept until about 7:30 for once.  It is 80F and feels like 86F with a 9mph ESE wind.  The humidity is 79% with a dew point of 73F, but as we warm up to 102F today, the humidity will drop.  Not much on the agenda today, and I plan an easy day at home.

We should remember the victims of terrorism every day.  I doubt anyone on The Daily needs to practice Internet self-care, but on other places it's a great idea.  I'll let someone else have my spumoni because of the candied fruit.

Sadly, I think often the quote is true.

We'll pass on the meal, and drink, but would give the wine a try.

We have been to two ports in South Korea, but today's port was not one of them.

Hooray to William Seward Burroughs for patenting the adding machine.  It was a big day when Hawaii became our 50th state in 1959.

@Haljo1935  Elizabeth, I hope your kitty starts responding to the two meds, and gets better soon

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope Momma Munchkin begins to improve today, and does not have to return to the vet.  Loved the picture of the swan.  They are such graceful birds in the water.

@leerathje  Welcome to the Fleet Report and Daily.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I hope you'll post a link to the article when it's published.  That is a nice honor for Ren and the other team members.

@aliaschief  Safe travels today, Bruce.

@cunnorl  Charlene, I'm glad you got the refund for the tour your DH and DD could not take.

@grapau27  Graham, thank you for the information about Internet self-care day and spumoni day.

@kazu  Jacqui, all I can say is oh no, about the results of the visit to the vascular surgeon.  I can understand not wanting more surgery, but you need to do whatever you can to solve the problem.

@ottahand7  Nancy, that is good news that John found the part and has the mower running again.  Loved watching the hummingbirds.  We have four hummingbird feeders in Quartzsite, and usually each bird prefers a different on.  However, sometimes we'll see two fighting over one particular feeder.

@1ANGELCAT  That is good news they found a motor and could get the Cape May drawbridge working again.

@Heartgrove  Jack, that is interesting they want your DSIL at home with a physical therapist to evaluate what she needs when she's released in a few days.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, that is good news that Bonnie and your DN got home yesterday, even at a late hour.  I'm sorry the plastic surgeon could not place the expander during her surgery.  I hope her recovery goes well and she heals quickly.

@smitty34877  Terry, I hope Tana is back to 100% feisty soon.

@ger_77  Gerry, you might be able to just replace the hose or the hose and sprayer.  We did this in our motorhome.  That is a lot easier than replacing the entire faucet.

453507089_454774574056113_5202884511081134758_n.jpg.2248ebc2d4de86185d9ce0e9f4d7f1ce.jpg

455175886_1071372381655199_3038782152864481131_n.jpg.6bfaa198680f060f47b99b9ef56749d7.jpg

455272265_122200288400030442_3980322508206398605_n.jpg.d5af91f2f0619b61430554a388781b4d.jpg

455358774_122151521276048713_7072200116563584526_n.jpg.9e2970f18de63785442963482038ef16.jpg

455693084_122168080490159528_668123389120502744_n.jpg.7c7fc3797054cbd7fd20dff3cc24b7e6.jpg

456118297_1038253060999155_6498429921117653381_n.jpg.a6644ef1a266ffd59016b8ab94c26820.jpg

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

It is cold out this morning.  Overnight temps got down into the 40s.  The good news is that we will have a nice sunny day and temps in the mid 70s by this afternoon.  It is a busy day today.  I have a follow up appointment from my nerve ablation this morning and then a haircut followed by a pedicure.  Haircut and pedicure are all at the same place.

Sue cleaned my teeth last night. She said she was not seeing what the hygienist at the dental office was talking about.  I had picked up a dental kit and was scraping away, but couldn't see what I was doing.  She said I did a decent job.  I have a follow up with the dentist when we get back from our cruise and will voice my displeasure then.  I suspect he was trying to get his production numbers up to make bonus for the month.  

Today's meal looks really good to me, but the carbs are not my friend.  I like pesto and would enjoy the dish.  You can really use whatever veggies you prefer.  If @RedneckBob was coming to dinner I would be sure to add in brussels sprouts.  Veggie Pesto Pasta

veggiepestopasta1.thumb.jpg.555f8ab28be2ba999bf258a4d24f9bd3.jpg

This one uses walnuts in the pesto instead of pine nuts.  The seasoning on the veggies sounds good, too!  Pesto Veggie Pasta

veggiepestopasta2.thumb.jpg.72e8875d70774b8686e83a8542cfcd47.jpg

This last recipe has a traditional pesto sauce and roasts the veggies rather than blanching or sauteing them.  Roasted veggies are the best!   Roasted Veggie Pesto Pasta

veggiepestopasta3.thumb.jpg.9f1af42167d8fd16064b117d4d4beeb7.jpg

Tomorrow I will be heading to the airport, but @superoma Eva will be stepping in for me.  You will be in capable hands and no one will starve!   

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

I’ve bookmarked recipe #2 to try next week.  Sounds delicious!

• Like 23

ScreenShot2024-08-21at07_32_51.png.9ff58486e3f187c10b8016e207e11bb0.png

Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Victims of terrorism and any self care are good days to recognize but I will give my spumoni to someone else.  LOL on the quote ('cause it is true!!).  I would definitely like the meal and would try the drink; if someone would buy the wine for me I would not refuse!  I have never been to Sokcho.  Two great days in history.

IMG_8243.JPG.a8ba91bd0461361f9404af9f81cc0860.JPG

We had a very nice rain last night but I got worried after the numerous weather alerts and the wind really started picking up.  But it was fine and the rain was nice.  The app states "cooler temps have arrived" so we won't hit 100F!  High 90s with storms on the horizon.  Presently it is 81F with 58% humidity (so a tad "muggy") at 0730.

I was a total slacker yesterday so today I have to get some things accomplished.  It is PD day and I do have some "assignments" to complete online so that is a nice addition to my pay.  

ScreenShot2024-08-20at07_54_03.thumb.png.1478e154989a5c5a1ca1719e5956e66d.png

@marshhawk and @Haljo1935 Gosh about the kitties!!  I hope they get better soon.

@kazu I am so sorry the surgeon said the surgery was a bust.  I hope you can get a treatment plan that fits into your schedule and you like.

@ottahand7 Love the hummingbirds!!  It reminded me I need to get my feeder replaced (I have done that yet)

@NextOne and @Seasick Sailor Thoughts for an uncomplicated surgery recovery

ScreenShot2024-08-18at07_36_38.thumb.png.dabe7753f792b7808c730c34bee78c9b.png

Thoughts for all in the world and here who need extra support.  Cheers to those celebrating and to those on the growing cruising schedule!!  

ScreenShot2024-08-21at06_52_47.png.8f96871af8d9de8709d45394de71cc4a.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

Good morning all!

We have an overcast morning and cooler temps, maybe some showers. Only up to the high 60's today, and that's one of the warmer days this week.  A good day to get more compost and add to the raised beds.  

A good collection of days, I do like Spumoni and always get it when BFF and I have lunch at "our" Italian place.  The quote is true a lot of the time, I'll pass on the red wine, would try the drink and hope it isn't too sweet.  The meal (side dish) sounds tasty too, I may make it tonight.  Have not been to South Korea.

Last night DD asked if DH and I would be interested in seeing the Beach Boys this Friday night at Chateau Ste. Michelle.  One of her friends has some tickets she can't use.  So that's what we'll be doing Friday night!  It will be nice to have something to look forward to, as Friday afternoon are my appointments for another mammogram and ultrasound.  I'm not even sure how many of the original Beach Boys are still in the band, but know there's at least one.

Prayers for all on the Care List and a big cheer from me for all who are celebrating!

• Like 30

Good morning and Happy Wednesday. I got my packing done yesterday and just have my last minute things left for tomorrow morning. I think I’m ready!  I just need to make time for a pedicure.  What I really want to do is just sit with Blue on my lap all morning. I’m going to miss him. 

Please eat the spumoni for me, I’m not a fan of stuff in ice cream. The meal sounds good. 

I have lots of odds and ends to do today so need to get busy. Have a great day everyone!

• Like 28

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Katherine @Lady Hudson.

I hope you have a safe journey to Baltimore Maryland to join Vision of the seas in her home port tomorrow.

Best wishes for a wonderful cruise on a nice ship.

IMG_20240821_120949.jpg

I love (strong word - that's truly how much I like) the way you send personalized wishes w/the ship pic 📸 to each Dailyite who sails. Thanks for doing this ☺️

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all! 
@kazu I am really sorry you have to wait another three weeks.  Hoping things improve quickly for you! 

@Cruising-along I know it’s always a worry, I’ll pray all will go well and you will enjoy celebrating with the Beach boys!  How fun!  Those wineries have some fun activities! 

@Seasick Sailor glad the surgery is over for your sister and also great she was able to come home,  albeit very late.  Prayers all continues to go well on her journey.  

My oral surgeon was fabulous!  All done, bone graft placed so healing now begins.  

We had a lovely visitor in the back garden yesterday.   They’re so beautiful.  

IMG_1987.jpeg

IMG_1994.jpeg

IMG_1993.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 7

26 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I love (strong word - that's truly how much I like) the way you send personalized wishes w/the ship pic 📸 to each Dailyite who sails. Thanks for doing this ☺️

Thank you for your nice comments Elizabeth.

I hope your lovely kitty is feeling better today and the medications are working.

Graham.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, friends, I’m thinking of you all as I sit here in Pat’s cubicle at the hospital.  I had to call 911 about 6:30 this morning, as he was nauseated and hot. The ambulance brought him in, and I followed.  He now has a rash, too, and they have been in four times to take blood.  So, is it an infection, a drug reaction or interaction with the new statin, or an allergic reaction???  They’ve been giving him antibiotics by infusion, gravol, and Tylenol.  I have a headache.  DD has a fever, too, but no rash.  

I was supposed to have my appointment with the radiation oncologist at 11,  DD checked for me - they said no, it is Friday,  she just emailed that someone called back, I’m to go in Sept 23 for a CT scan and I will start radiation on October 3. …  the day before we sail to Hawaii.  I guess I will take the appointment although I’d rather be cruising.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 20