The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday August 23rd, 2024

richwmn

Good morning dailyites.  Another chilly morning here, but it will warm up over the weekend.  The concert was nice last night, very crowded again.  It might have been the last one we see for the year.  DH is fishing with a buddy and I'm having lunch with 2 "old" co-workers.  I also need to work on the borders for a quilt top I'm working on.  That is one of my least favorite steps to do...I have a problem getting everything straight! 😉  The meal sounds good today, haven't been to the port, Lincoln was a smart guy, and 2 good days in history! 

@Vict0riannHappy Birthday and best wishes for your dr visit today.  Hoping your DH is improving.  @AroundWithMAPTravelsHappy Birthday to you!

image.thumb.jpeg.cf750dd50a86e54b26b255ca59734973.jpeg

Prayers and Good thoughts for all who need them, cheers for those traveling and celebrating! 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Fall is on the way although I am sure summer will sneak back in a couple of times.  High today around 75F. We had light rain again last night and showers are expected over the next few days. Sprinklers can remain off.

Little on tap for today.... the car goes in for service at 1:00 and otherwise I plan to do as little as possible except I will need to take dogs out between any showers that arrive in our area. Right now they are settled into the favored doggie bed. They really are good buddies.

Take care all.

Susan

• Like 25

Final week of 50 days of celebrating 50 years of “wedded bliss” in England and onboard the beautiful Oceania Marina. Many spectacular days in the Arctic Circle, with icebergs, anniversary celebrations and Northern Lights. Smooth sailing until last night’s rocking & rolling (and a missed port, Eskifjordur, Iceland) in the Norwegian Sea.

Thanks to all who post on The Daily, our basic internet has been flawless & I enjoy keeping up with the Daily-ites. Prayers and good wishes to all. IMG_1961.thumb.jpeg.d52c7091b12a65113d3b7e4921e42ee0.jpegIMG_2010.thumb.jpeg.8cca0325b32df8d8eb1622009c917082.jpegPHOTO-2024-08-20-14-37-52.thumb.jpeg.75af486be43eb8cf57c5a5c55d931113.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I've never had a Cuban sandwich. No human-powered flight like a glider, but I've flown in airplanes. I embrace my inner nerd. I like the quote. The meal sounds good. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Prince Rupert, BC. A bad day for William Wallace and a great day for space flight.

Another cold start here, in the upper 50's, with a high of 80 later. I had to put on the little heater in the bathroom in order to shower. Interestingly, my spinning sensation is now occurring during the first of 5 sets of my maneuvers, at the very end of the 30 second hold. I don't know if that means anything that it's not occurring as soon as I lay to one side, like it originally did. Evening maneuvers have no symptoms. I will be heading to PT early afternoon. I might make the lasagna soup I've been meaning to make, since it's cooler (but soon to be hot again).

@Vict0riann Happy Birthday! I hope Pat is feeling better and gets to go home soon. Also good luck with your Oncologist appointment. I hope you can do something enjoyable today.

@AroundWithMAPTravels Happy Birthday!

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels for DS and I'm sure you'll be glad to see him. 

@kazu I hope you can squeeze a little down time in amongst all you're doing.

@LambKnuckles Thanks for the Cuban sandwich recipe. Seems like a lot of work, though, for a sandwich.

@Crazy For Cats It's nice being close to the port of embarkation. I hope your project goes well today.

@ottahand7 How is your DB doing? I'm sure that sanding and staining is a lot of work.

@superoma Thanks for doing the meal of the day while Debbie is cruising.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the Prince Rupert photos. 

@smitty34877 Wonderful that DB is coming again and bringing dinner! Prayers for Tana, you and all the family.

@NextOne I'm glad you're doing well. 

@Heartgrove Good news about DSIL's surgery. Prayers for an easy recovery.

@aliaschief Nice log home! Enjoy the time with family.

@Seasick Sailor I'm glad DSis had a good post-op check. 

@marshhawk Congrats on the sales. I hope your tummy feels better soon.

@ger_77 Yay on DH's "graduation" next week from cardiac rehab.
@Norseh2o Great photos. Happy Anniversary - a great way to celebrate 50 years!

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 13

Good morning all!

It's a wet, cool morning here and I even heard thunder awhile ago. 85-90% chance of rain tonight too, there will be no outdoor concert for us. 😞  

Interesting collection of days, I like the quote, maybe on the drink, probably on the wine, and the meal looks good.  I've printed off the first recipe to make when the weather is better again, probably after tomorrow.

We were in Prince Rupert on the Koningsdam last year in early May.  It was a chilly day but sunny.  We walked across the street to the Sunken Gardens, then walked around town up to Walmart and back.  It was a 5-day Pacific Coastal -- unusual though because it went up to Alaska too with one Alaskan port (Ketchikan).  We will be in Prince Rupert again next year on the 28-day Alaska cruise.  This time we'll be there on July 4, so the flowers in the Sunken Gardens should be better than they were in early May.

The only thing on the agenda today is my mammogram and ultrasound this afternoon.  It's a good day to stay inside otherwise.

Happy Birthday Ann @Vict0riann!  I hope your DH is doing better and that your appointment goes well today.

Happy Birthday @AroundWithMAPTravels!

Terry @smitty34877  I'm happy to hear that your DB will be visiting this weekend -- and bringing dinner!

Here are my photos of our day in Prince Rupert in early May last year.

To get to the gardens we walked through this tunnel.  You can see one bit of color from here --

Walkthroughthistunnel.thumb.jpg.450cbe212aa4575dbfc3f1f773b98fdd.jpg

And we knew we were in the right place when we saw the sign

SignforSunkenGardens.thumb.jpg.9983d6e79a7bcaec212060d0355baec7.jpg

Looking down at the sunken area. There are benches all over, a really lovely spot.

thesunkenarea.thumb.jpg.dab77efd0f795b269ce7906e0188057b.jpg

The ship was very, very close.

shipisveryclose.thumb.jpg.ef6727a4e7bb9301f3c732af4f427115.jpg

moresunkenarea.thumb.jpg.f69026b95390a6986276f4d2bb013e84.jpg

It was so early in the spring, flowers were just emerging.  I'm looking forward to seeing it in July next year, I could see all the possibilities of later blooms.

Rhodiestoo.thumb.jpg.f3f108fba49017daa325111869844ec8.jpg

Ranunculus.thumb.jpg.5e28c21129a0341fd8715844c01a4963.jpg

PrinceRupert.thumb.jpg.f878aab98fc7180b83939291576eb2d5.jpg

morerhodies.thumb.jpg.70ff10a4635ce28d4455b01fb18b027d.jpg

Hellebores.thumb.jpg.6645c67b68b9c5d908dca6dd0e8f842f.jpg

Earlyspringflowers.thumb.jpg.5d022ed5aca421d275a0819aca66e8fe.jpg

Daffodilsjuststarting.thumb.jpg.ad3c481d64666f824680f30282f9aeae.jpg

Another entrance

Anotherentrance.thumb.jpg.99f782f0a381f3b31884968be0226493.jpg

Walking through town we saw the Northern BC Museum

NorthernBCMuseum.jpg.6afcc8a5d2799a72b8f968b9901976a5.jpg

Lots of crab on these crab boats as we waited in line to re-board the ship.

crabboatsbyship.jpg.80a4a5e5c7dea4c450e3622ce7f20186.jpg

It's an easy walkable town, and they also have a Vintage Trolley that takes you around the area.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6

Good morning, 

We're having a wet day today and the rain is coming down quite heavily at the moment. It's good - we need it! 

Happy Birthday @Vict0riann Ann and @AroundWithMAPTravels Melanie! I hope you both have lovely days. Ann, I hope your appointment goes well and that Pat is improving today. 

Yesterday was going through more drawers and finding all sorts of papers DD DH had to save but not the ones I needed. I'm going to have a lot of shredding to do! I did visit friends in the afternoon and saw their lovely new home. I also got my new cell phone set up but have to stop today and see why my messages didn't transfer and get a mini-lesson on a few things I'm already having questions about. 

Today is tea with my neighbor, a trip to town for the Hallmark store, water aerobics class, and a few groceries. Nothing too exciting. 

Karen

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks all!  DH loves Cubano sandwiches.  

@Vict0riann Happy birthday!  Hope today goes well, and Pat improves quickly! 
@AroundWithMAPTravels happy birthday! 
@kazu just read about the Bon voyages, it would seem no good deed goes unpunished.  Just want you to know that I sure appreciate your efforts.   Hope all goes well for an easy transition for you, certainly you deserve it! 
@ger_77 thanks for checking,  such a beautiful ship! 

Nice to see the photos of Prince Rupert @Quartzsite Cruiserand @Sir PMPgotta love Canadian Vietnamese restaurants!  And also to @Cruising-along  I need to know what camera you are using,  I may have asked before, lol!  So clear!  Good luck today!  

love how the morning light was on the flowers.  

IMG_2023.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 4

So we’re blessed to be cruising and to be here on a beautiful day in Halifax, but…

<rant> HAL needs to get their shorex act together. This is the second day we have been late docking, due to immigration and/or gangway problems. I get it- they cannot control that. But they are having the shorex “muster” at the buses. That means everyone was in a big line filling the halls and stairs until the gangway opened: independents, early shorex and later shorex. 

So yesterday our tour was shortened by necessity, which meant shorter stops (if one needed a comfort break that would be THE stop), and less poke around time. We had to wait for the whole shorex group to get through and out to the bus. 

Had we “mustered” onboard we could have gotten off together and not waited behind other later groups. 

So today, again, a gangway issue. CD asking everyone to not block halls and stairs. We didn’t leave until after 10:15, after everyone off.

</rant>

• Like 17
  • Thanks 9

Good afternoon.

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Dixie and Ann and @LambKnuckles for the Daily.

Appreciate all you do.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Things are not going well here.  DH refused to go to the neurologist appointment yesterday. I just could not get him to move.  Very hard day.

I finally went by myself and spent one hour with the Doc talking about next steps.  Not sure I want to move as fast as he suggests.  

Doc agrees that I need a break.  i just am not sure i can get it.

Just need some prayers.

Thanks for listening.

Terri

• Like 9
  • Thanks 15

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Things are not going well here.  DH refused to go to the neurologist appointment yesterday. I just could not get him to move.  Very hard day.

I finally went by myself and spent one hour with the Doc talking about next steps.  Not sure I want to move as fast as he suggests.  

Doc agrees that I need a break.  i just am not sure i can get it.

Just need some prayers.

Thanks for listening.

Terri

Hugs 🫂 🤗 and prayers 🙏 

Remember to breathe and grant yourself some grace.❤️

• Like 14