Celebrity Edition, Never Have I Ever

310Loves2Cruise

7 minutes ago, Naeva said:

Thank you all! I'm nervous for sure, never been on a cruise alone with my husband. And of course DD has a cough! But the doctor has given her an all clear and we head to Orlando tomorrow so... yeah, looks like this is going to happen! Yes!

Am I the only one around here pairing Horror nights with a cruise? Hah! 

Hard to relax pre cruise sometimes, especially if you have family or work to sort before leaving….

I tend to relax once I get to the airport and say goodbye to the luggage…

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Hard to relax pre cruise sometimes, especially if you have family or work to sort before leaving….

I tend to relax once I get to the airport and say goodbye to the luggage…

We're driving though... so maybe I'll relax once we drop our daughter off at school and my parents come and pick her up. Or maybe I'll just find something new to be nervous about, hah.

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

....and that has you nervous??  I assume you've been alone with him other times, right?.......LOL

LOL! Yes, we've been married twenty years this January! But we don't leave our daughter with other people very often, my folks are getting up there in years, I know that there's at least one path we drive down that's going to be closed from the hurricane...

Plus whatever else I make up to worry about.

I just need to get to Halloween Horror Nights, get that refillable cocktail glass, and try and relax. And be scared. Both? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chemmo said:

We are quite spoiled where we live with a range of stately homes and gardens offering beautiful afternoon teas…Are you a Devonshire cream tea eater or a Cornish one?

Cornish, jam on 1st. My favorite memory of cream tea was at Cheddar Gorge back in the 80's.

4 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Cornish, jam on 1st. My favorite memory of cream tea was at Cheddar Gorge back in the 80's.

Cheddar Gorge is a really wonderful location that many visitors to the UK never get to. So glad you did. I would love a post on CC asking for ‘What off the usual tourist route would you recommend for visitors to the UK?’. I would definitely put Cheddar Gorge up there with Chester, Lincoln and Conwy…

Unfortunately a few ‘emporiums’ have tried to ‘modernise’ afternoon teas including cup cakes and wraps…Cream cheese and salmon sandwiches and scones continue to be my favourite…

I confess to being a Cornish afternoon tea foodie too…

In contrast to others I must confess I have ‘Never, ever, ever stayed in other than a suite on Celebrity’. Hence, I always request a tea tray set up in my room and rather than the 4pm fancy snacks usually offered they will deliver a ‘small afternoon tea selection’. Butlers struggle with the concepts of ‘small’ but I try my best to hide (eat) the evidence….

• Like 1

Never have I ever Sailed on Celebrity, but have cruised on over 20 ships.

Confession, I do have a Celebrity cruise booked for next year to Japan. I also have 2 other cruises booked, one later this year and another for summer 2026 but neither of those are on Celebrity.

25 minutes ago, SausPud said:

Never have I ever Sailed on Celebrity, but have cruised on over 20 ships.

Confession, I do have a Celebrity cruise booked for next year to Japan. I also have 2 other cruises booked, one later this year and another for summer 2026 but neither of those are on Celebrity.

Make sure you read Villauk’s recent live post…loads of tips and ideas. I thoroughly enjoyed it from my armchair…

• Thanks 1

Never have I ever gotten my moneys worth from premium drink package

Never have I ever not had a wonderful cruise.

Never have I ever wished for towel animals on Celebrity.

Never have I ever removed gratuities 

Never have I ever been a chair hog.  

Edited by bjahil47
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, canderson said:

Devon for tea, Cornwall for pasties.

Pasties were invented in Devon, around 800 years ago. Way before Cornwall claimed that it was them. 

They are still tasty no matter where they were made.

Try the original where the whole meal is inside. One end is the meat  & veg (Main course), and the other end has the fruit filling (for pudding/dessert). Just eat it from the right end.

2 hours ago, SausPud said:

Pasties were invented in Devon, around 800 years ago. Way before Cornwall claimed that it was them. 

They are still tasty no matter where they were made.

Try the original where the whole meal is inside. One end is the meat  & veg (Main course), and the other end has the fruit filling (for pudding/dessert). Just eat it from the right end.

Never will I ever try the whole meal pasty…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1