An Introduction to the Ships and Classes of the HAL Fleet

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, terrydtx said:

When did Volendam receive the last total refurbishment of the interiors and cabins? We are booked on a cruise on her in August 2024.

This question was answered in the thread you started last Sunday. It referred you to the monthly thread posted with that information. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 4:02 PM, RuthC said:

This question was answered in the thread you started last Sunday. It referred you to the monthly thread posted with that information. 

What is the title of the monthly refurb thread, please? Thanks in advance~

5 hours ago, Moriah said:

What is the title of the monthly refurb thread, please? Thanks in advance~

There may be a more recent edition of the list, but this is a fairly recent one I found. 
It is updated periodically with only the date changed, so you can search for a more recent list if this one doesn't answer your question: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2911622-february-2023-update-hal-dry-docks-charters-groups-onboard/#comment-64858305

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/3/2023 at 10:59 AM, Suzanne123 said:

Does anyone know of a midship category V cabin on deck 5 Nieuw Amsterdam that does not look down directly onto the lifeboats? Thanks

@Suzanne123Everything mid-ship will be over the lifeboats. 

hal-na-deck-plan-083022_230418_000138.pdf

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

Thanks for the deck plan!  I booked a VB on Deck 4.  It’s aft and hopefully a better view.

If it's true aft (facing out back w/wake views) it will be awesome -  Congrats!!

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, maggiev said:

Any deck in particular for an aft view on Nieuw Amsterdam?

Hey @maggiev 8 looks to be every so slightly deeper, but that could be poor eyesight, lol. I don't particularly care for being under the Lido, so 8 wouldn't be my first choice, but I don't think it's so loud it's a deal breaker. If it was 8 or no aft, I'd take 8.

4 is my personal favorite because I like being as close to the water as possible for wildlife viewing.

Some ships have really large decks on 5, this doesn't so they're all fairly equal.

hal-na-deck-plan-083022_230418_000138.pdf

• Like 1

I've looked at the deck plans but it does not give an inside view of the cabin so I'm looking for pictures of cabin 4154 on the Rotterdam. HAL used to have pictures of their cabins giving a 360 deg view but I have not seen those in a long time.

32 minutes ago, ski ww said:

I've looked at the deck plans but it does not give an inside view of the cabin so I'm looking for pictures of cabin 4154 on the Rotterdam.

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/4154-rotterdam/

On Koningsdam and Nieuw Atatendam the corresponding stateroom is 4156

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/4156-nieuw-statendam/

• 2 months later...

When we sail in 2025 B2B cruises on Zaandam we will have sailed at least one ship in each class  .The Saandam will be 26 years young  in our 2025 B2B cruises . Dor the first time we will ve ona smaller ship than we ever sailed  un any cruise line . By then we should be 4 star Matiners 

Just wish HAL would reinstate the round trip South America cruise which they once did on the Massdam from San Diego 

2 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

When we sail in 2025 B2B cruises on Zaandam we will have sailed at least one ship in each class

I hadn't thought of it that way, but our B2B out of San Diego last New Year's, put us in the four or actually FIVE classes of HAL ships -- as we sailed twice on the former Statendam (S Class).

On 7/22/2021 at 7:01 AM, RGEDad said:

One of the things we have really enjoyed is after dinner (we dine early) - and all the nights festivities - is to go to the Pizza place on the ship and get a late night custom made/custom cooked pizza. Unknown to me - and this only came to light when booking the myriad of post-COVID cruises - not every HAL ship has a Pizza (NY Pizza/Slice) place. It appears to be only the Signature & Pinnacle class have them on-board and all my previous cruises have been on these two classes, except for one. Early in our cruising life we did sail on the Westerdam - but that was before we understood the finer things in late night cruising life...

The (first world) problem is, now I have to consider the NY Slice/Pizza availability when booking cruises. Just makes things a bit more complicated in these troubled times.

I use a Web site called CruiseDeckPlans now to find what & where various things are available, along with Cabin location, and a variety of ship/cabin photos also.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com

Do they package the whole pizza up so you can take it back to your cabin?

We will be on Oosterdam in 1/2025. Can anyone tell me if the veranda cabins on deck 4 have bathtubs or shower only and are they older with shower curtains?

Also, has the library been restored on the Oosterdam?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Kdam cruisers, just noticed tonight that the lights around the sea view pool were removed this afternoon.  Not sure if it's temporary(for cleaning or something) or for something new.  They will need to put something there because right now it's just wires hanging out.  They also removed a steel lattice that was over the red box in the photo below where you can also see the wires around the pool.

PXL_20231028_082357404.jpg

Edited by cruisingrob21