What are your favorite Dessert Drinks?

luvincruising

While on our recent Equinox sailing, I came up with the following alcoholic dessert drinks:

Milky Way Martini - [with the assistance of Imade at the Martini Bar]

Grey Goose Vodka, Baileys, Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, & swirl of chocolate syrup in the glass;

(If Norma is reading, Imade says hi.)

Special Frozen Toasted Almond - [with the assistance of Masterblaster at the OVC Bar]

Disaronno Amaretto, Bacardi 8 Rum, Courvoisier V.S. Cognac, 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream and 2 scoops of chocolate ice cream from the ice cream station, add all to blender, blend for only 8 - 10 seconds, pour into large glass, and add a splash of Bacardi 8 Rum on top.

I came up with this one because I was so disappointed with their version of "ice cream". The bartenders blender heavy cream and ice cubes together for any recipes that call for ice cream. It does the job but it is not the same.

I hope that you enjoy them, as much as I did. Does anyone have their own favorite recipe/ concoction?

:)

I'm going to confess this is an area where, for me, simpler is better.

A good port, a Madeira, or if I'm totally splurging, a nice Sauternes, is a dessert drink. I don't really do dessert cocktails.

I don't normally drink but I like blended brown cow's. Kahlua, Milk, Ice blended.

I thought as I was typing that I would see what else is out there that is similar and came across The Super Cow - 1.5 oz Kahlua, .5 oz Banana Liqueur, 1.5 oz. Coconut Cream and 1.5 oz. Half and Half Cream, Ice.

I'm going to confess this is an area where, for me, simpler is better.

A good port, a Madeira, or if I'm totally splurging, a nice Sauternes, is a dessert drink. I don't really do dessert cocktails.

I concur. The 20yr. Taylor Tawny is one of my favorites!

I will have to try the Milkey Way, its right up my alley, and right back at you Imade. He is the best isn’t he. Thanks for the shout out.

Norma

While on our recent Equinox sailing, I came up with the following alcoholic dessert drinks:

Milky Way Martini - [with the assistance of Imade at the Martini Bar]

Grey Goose Vodka, Baileys, Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, & swirl of chocolate syrup in the glass;

(If Norma is reading, Imade says hi.)

Special Frozen Toasted Almond - [with the assistance of Masterblaster at the OVC Bar]

Disaronno Amaretto, Bacardi 8 Rum, Courvoisier V.S. Cognac, 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream and 2 scoops of chocolate ice cream from the ice cream station, add all to blender, blend for only 8 - 10 seconds, pour into large glass, and add a splash of Bacardi 8 Rum on top.

I came up with this one because I was so disappointed with their version of "ice cream". The bartenders blender heavy cream and ice cubes together for any recipes that call for ice cream. It does the job but it is not the same.

I hope that you enjoy them, as much as I did. Does anyone have their own favorite recipe/ concoction?

:)

I like a nice dessert wine or ice wine. DH goes for the Port. I doubt I'd ever drink these mixed cocktails with, or in place of, a dessert. But I do love a Mudslide in the afternoon after coming back from an excursion.

What’s in a Chocolate Monkey?

1 1/4 shots banana liqueur. · 1 oz. dark crème de cacao. · 1/4 cup chocolate syrup plus extra to drizzle. · 3 scoops chocolate ice cream. · 1 cup milk. · 1/4 cup whipped cream, to top. :cool:

Black Forest Martini from the Martini Bar is one of my faves.

At home lately I’ve been enjoying making an old school favorite, Grasshopper which is just a mix of Creme de Menthe (green), Creme de Cacao and cream. You can make it a Flying Grasshopper by adding vodka.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums